Global Footer Options?

Hi there:
Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY
create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E.
know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac
footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul
for any worksheet I work on.

Hope springs eternal :

Hi
you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place
this in your template folder and choose this template for your new
workbooks

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Hi there:
> Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to
> ALWAYS create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL
> worksheets? I.E. I know there is the solution to create the pathname
> in each footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global
> default for any worksheet I work on.
>
> Hope springs eternal :)
>

> ---

frank.kabel (11126)
7/30/2004 9:18:23 PM
Take a look here:

    http://www.mcgimpsey.com/macoffice/excel/fullnameinfooter2.html

In article <pwyatt1.1a84ym@excelforum-nospam.com>,
 pwyatt1 <<pwyatt1.1a84ym@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

> Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAYS
> create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. I
> know there is the solution to create the pathname in each
> footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global default
> for any worksheet I work on.
>
> Hope springs eternal :)
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)

Option entry and price updates questions
Having a little trouble getting MS Money 2007 Deluxe to work with me on option entry and price updates. Problem #1: I sold puts in GE Oct. $25s (GEWVY.O) to open. How do I enter this to show the transaction, including the cash received? Problem #2: It appears that "Updates Prices Now" isn't updating the Put option price. I tried entering both GEWVY.O and GEWVY. Cannot figure out what else to try. Anyu assistance/guidance would be much appreciated. Thanks. Dave I figured out how to update the price ; it's .GEWVY. Still having the issue with transaction entry. &quo...

Option to select printer B4 printing Payables Checks
Client recently upgraded from 7.5 to 9.0 and they lost the option to select a printer after clicking print. From print payables checks In 7.5 when they would click on print, a window would pop up and give them the option to select a printer to send their checks to. Now it automatically goes to their defaulted printer. How do they set up the option in 9.0? Go to the Named Printers settings, and look at the checkbox to suppress the printer dialog box. This should solve your problem Best regards Mike "TROOTBMI" <TROOTBMI@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:...

Inconsistency between global catalog in root and global catalog in child domains
Hi, I have a very strange problem in my AD. It seems that there is an inconsistence between global catalog in the root domain and global catalog in the child domains. Global catalog on all root domain controllers are identical. Global catalog on all child domain controllers are identical. However (at least) one orphaned object exist in the global catalog on the child DC's, but not in global catalog on the root DC's. The object is not accessible through adsiedit, ldp, etc. and thus we cannot delete it. Does anybody have a good idea on how to get this object deleted. How the inco...

Mac Word 2008
I've used Word since version one for DOS and was an alpha tester for the first Word for Windows, so I'm not a total dunce. But for the life of me, I cannot figure how to place in the footer "Page X of Y (total pages)". For at least the last 10 years, plus in Mac Word 2004, I could open the footer and insert this feature easily. I've looked everywhere I can think of for information on how to do this in Mac Word 2008 to no blessed avail!! Why trying to do something that was so easy in previous versions of Word can possibly be viewed as an "enhancement&...

Catching global keystrokes
Hello. I need my program to react to some key combination no matter if the program's window is active or not. How can this be done? Depends on the details of the key combinations as to what you have to do, precisely, but a WH_GETMESSAGE hook looking for WM_KEYDOWN, WM_SYSKEYDOWN or WM_CHAR is a start. Note if the key combination is Ctrl+Alt+Del, then it will never be possible. In Vista, you will not be able to get ALL keystrokes unless you are running as administrator. See my essay on hooks on my MVP Tips site. joe On Fri, 07 Nov 2008 09:42:52 +0300, Vladimir <thamiorsinister@...

Search option
Hello In a form based in the below table: ID (PK Autonumeric) CodPer (FK txt) CodProd1(FK txt) (combo box in the form) CodUT (FK txt) F1 (Numeric) F2 (Numeric) How do I use (do I need code?) a cmd button to find records in CodProd field? Many Thanks Make one or more unbound combos on your form. Let the first column be invisible and be the primary key ID of the recordsource of your form and then, on its AfterUpdate event... =FindRecord() this code goes behind the form: '~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Private Function FindRecord() 'if nothing is picked in the...

Options for protecting workbooks
I want to protect a workbook so that the formulas and objects are not moved, but when I looked at the options it seemed like my only options are for opening the file and not modifying any of it. Is this correct? Hi If you lock the cells (Format Cells/Protection) then their contents cannot be changed. Protecting the workbook will then activate the locking of the cells. Andy. <0qiou@woksuy.ksueybv> wrote in message news:vTDZf.671575$084.599883@attbi_s22... >I want to protect a workbook so that the formulas and objects are not >moved, > but when I looked at the options it se...

Merging Multiple documents having different headers and footers ma
Dear All, I am trying to merge a several word/rtf documents into a single word documents with the below macro, the problem is now each document is having a different header and footer and some fields, Can anyone suggest me a macro code for merging multiple word documents into a single document without disturbing the headers and footers of each document? Sub MergeDocs() Dim rng As Range Dim MainDoc As Document Dim strFile As String Const strFolder = "c:\tes\" 'change to suit Set MainDoc = Documents.Add strFile = Dir$(strFolder & &quo...

Option group
I have a continuous form which had in it two check boxes. I added an option group frame, then cut and pasted the two check boxes to the option group. The check boxes seem to work properly in that only one or the other can be chosen. Problem is, changing the value in a checkbox in one record changes the value in the same checkbox in all records. How do I get around this? Ivor On Fri, 09 Mar 2007 22:04:40 GMT, Ivor Williams wrote: > I have a continuous form which had in it two check boxes. I added an option > group frame, then cut and pasted the two check boxes to the option gro...

No global address list when trying to send email through excel
In excel, you can send the spreadsheet as an attachment through emai (Outlook). When I try to do this, the global address list on th server doesn't show up, therefore the person I'm trying to send it t doesn't show up. The global address list is available because I ca save the spreadsheet and create a new email and insert it as a attachment...I would like to send the spreadsheet in an email throug excel (File, Send to, mail recipient (as attachment) because it' easier...How do I change the settings to look for the GAL on th server. There was some sort of wizard that walked ...

global rule
I have a program that tags the subject line of all emails that it thinks is spam. Instead of delivering that message to the recipient I would like to create a rule to deliver it to one large spam mailbox. Is there a way to do this? I am running exchange 2003. ...

Global Function
I'm using the following code to set the Datasheet Font on a Split Form using AC 2007. Private Sub Form_Open(Cancel As Integer) Me.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Sub I would like to use a global function so I might call the same function from all my forms, but I haven't had much luck. I tried the following: Public Function SetDataSheetFont() Dim frm As Form Set frm = Screen.ActiveForm frm.DatasheetFontName = "Arial" End Function I get no errors but nothing happens when calling this in the OnOpen of a form. Any help will be appreciated, Ja...

Global Footer Options?
Hi there: Does anyone know if there is a global default option in Excel to ALWAY create footers with the pathname and docname for ALL worksheets? I.E. know there is the solution to create the pathname in eac footer/worksheet, but I want to set this feature as a global defaul for any worksheet I work on. Hope springs eternal : -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi you can create a new template (*.xlt) file including this option. Place this in your template folder and choose this template for your new workbooks -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Hi there: > D...

Changing page size and retaining header and footer
I changed my page size to 7 X 10. Now Word 2003 will not let me change it back to 8.5 X 11 (standard page size) and the header and footer will not show unless I go to View and click on them. I have tried File--page set-up, etc. with no luck. It says that it is set at 8.5 X 11, but that is NOT what shows on the screen. HELP!! See http://www.gmayor.com/white_space.htm -- <>>< ><<> ><<> <>>< ><<> <>>< <>><<> Graham Mayor - Word MVP My web site www.gmayor.com Word MVP web site http://...

global object dependent on CWinApp global object
hi I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global object i.e. it assumes that the CWinApp global object is created. After migrating to VS 2005, my global object is getting created before the CWinApp global object. Is there any way I can force the CWinApp object to be created first? I know one of the solution is to avoid a global object and wrap it in a fuction, however a lot of files use this object directly, so I am trying to figure out if there is another way. Regards Chimanrao Chimanrao wrote: > hi > > I have a global object which depends on the CWinApp global...

prf question and global address list....
When i fire off my Oulook 2003 and manually create my profile to connect to our exchange server i get to see my GAL and my outlook address book with my contacts folder when i go to create a new message and click TO: to look at my contacts. When i start outlook 2003 using my PRF file it auto creates the profile and connects me to the server but for some reason i can only see my GAL and not my outlook address book or contacts when creating a new message. I have found this line in my PRF file under MSMail DisplayGalOnly=PT_BOOLEAN,0x6625 Im not sure if this is related but the docs say ...

Change Date Format in Excel 2002 Footers
is there a way to automatically set up a workbook so that all worksheets ahve a date footer "DD MMMM, YY" rather than the current default "DD/MM/YY". I am aware of KB article 213742 and have created a work around. However I am looking for a more automatic process that will also cover inserted worksheets. Thanks Barry S Barry, You could try this code in the ThisWorkbbok code module Private Sub Workbook_BeforePrint(Cancel As Boolean) With ActiveSheet .PageSetup.LeftFooter = Format(Date, "dd mmmm, yy") End With End Sub This will apply to...

Option Buttons #6
I am creating a survey and have included some option buttons. I hav them grouped so that when I click to answer one it will deselec another within the same group. However, when I try opening the surve in Office 97 when I select one it is selected like it is suppose, bu if i change which box I select it also selects the other one leaving m with two selected boxes. Also I would like to know if anyone knows ho to set this up to unselect a button. Any help is appreciate -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Are they forms or control toolbox option buttons? If forms, you should u...

Date formats, culture and globalization
Hi, ASP.NET 3.5 We are creating a 3-tier ASP.NET Web Application that needs just to understand dates as UK shortdate format (dd/MM/yyyy). It will only be used in the UK on intranet. I often come across web server and client machine that are incorrectly set up so I want to protect the app from these incorrectly set up hosts. I understand the safe date formats for passing through to the database. SQLParameters pass through a non-ambiguous format and also that 'yyyyMMdd' is also a safe format. So ignore the database side of things - I get that. At the moment all the bou...

How do I change headers/footers by chapter?
I am publishing a book and I need help with the headers and footers in Publisher 2002. I am wondering how to differ the starting page for the page numbers. I am also perplexed trying to change the headers with different chapter titles. Can anyone help me with this? Publisher 2002 does not support multiple master pages. You will have to put your chapter headings on the publication page. Headers and footers in Publisher 2002 are for page numbers or other information you want to appear on each page. Later versions of Publisher support multiple master pages. If you need to start a page ...

Rule based on Global Address list?
Is there a way to create a rule in Outlook 2000 that says: route all mail from anyone not in my Global Address List to my Junk E-mail folder? ...

Global calendar entries
Is there any way of adding calendar entries (such as bank holiday information) globally into exchange so that all users see it in their Outlook calendars? I'd like to avoid users having to import it into their calendars manually if possible. Many thanks in advance (and apologies if this question has been asked before). ...

Option Group: Auto Update
How can I set an option group to auto update when new fields are created, and keep the fields in alphabetical order? I switched from a list box because the option group was more pleasing to view, but now I have to manually update the fields in the option group each time a new option is added, which is frequent. Perhaps an option group is not the right control, but my experience is that people are more apt to want to use the database the more visually pleasing it is, and having the radial buttons looks sharp...from the feedback I've received. Option groups work great when there a...

Global Listing
A usesr has been terminated. The account has been disabled. What do I do to keep them from coming up in the Global List? Remove them from the GAL "Larry Ehlinger" <lehlinger@liquor.state.nh.us> wrote in message news:00fd01c34711$f8f4ba30$a501280a@phx.gbl... > A usesr has been terminated. > The account has been disabled. > What do I do to keep them from coming up in the Global > List? ...

Global
We are using Exchange 2003 Server, How to Access Exchange Global Address list for POP3 and SMTP Client waiting for your reply Regards Sathish kumar Sathish Kumar Nair <SathishKumarNair@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >We are using Exchange 2003 Server, > >How to Access Exchange Global Address list for POP3 and SMTP Client You don't. Use LDAP to query the Actve Directory. -- Rich Matheisen MCSE+I, Exchange MVP MS Exchange FAQ at http://www.swinc.com/resource/exch_faq.htm ...