Ghosted print and print preview

Hello everyone,

I have a problem with printing in excel.  The print and print preview options appear ghosted.  I still can print through the print icon on the toolbar.  Any suggestions???

Martin
0
anonymous (74718)

how to print cash flow forecast
I would like to have the ability to print out a report or print out the transactions that show in the cash flow forecast. I haven't been able to find any way to do this in Money 2004. If anyone can tell me how, I would appreciate it. ...

print more than one company name and address
I have a company that is already setup in GP 9. There is actually only one company (legal entity), but there is a division within this company. When I print sales invoices sometimes I need to print the name of the company and at other times I need to print the name of the division. What would be the best way to achieve this? Here are two options to consider: There are four built-in invoice forms - short form, long form, etc; Use one for each purpose Alternatively, use the same form for all invoices. Then, depanding on say the DocID, use a conditional formula in ReportWriter to determine...

Ghosted attachments with Windows 98
How do I change settings to be able to open attachments. The attachments appear to be ghosted. Hit forward, then open or save the attachment and close the message. It's a new security feature to prevent accidental opening of viruses, either by yourself or scripting. you can disable it in tools | options | security, but I think the extra effort to hit forward is safer and well worth the extra click. For more information, see http://www.omegageek.com/OESecurity.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, Visual Quick Start Guide - ...

Printing "Arabic typesetting"
I am trying to create a scroll for a craft project, and i thought if I typed something in a blank publisher page, and set the font to "Arabic typesetting" it would show or print in arabic, then I could draw the characters on my Scroll, however, it won't print in the other language. Can someone helP? From your Help: The feature or some of the options described in this Help topic are only available if support for an East Asian or right-to-left language is enabled through Microsoft Office Language Settings. On the File menu, click Page Setup. On the Layout tab, under Publica...

Print Button help
can I create a print button for my workbook that would open a smal form and let the user select which sheets and how many copies? O would I be better off linking the button to the windows print scree for the user to make a choice? 2ndly, how do you set the buttons to "visible only on screen" like yo can in Access? (so they don't print) Thank Yo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Brian Yes, you can create a print button and use code such as can be found at John Walkenbach's site. It does not allow designating number of copies, but I'm sure you cou...

Batch Status
We are getting the typical message about a batch being edited by another user. This is a check batch. The status of that check batch is "110", cheques printing. I've looked at the DEX SESSIONs and and also looked at SY00800. I cleared all the locked sessions and I don't see the batch in SY00800. I could, of course, set the MKDTOPST to 0 and the BCHSTTUS to 0; but the checks have already printed. I just want to post the check batch. Any ideas? What should the BCHSTTUS be after the checks have printed? Thanks. well this is the list of available batch status codes 0 ...

Ghosts?
Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? It jumps up and down, but I see it with WinMail in 7. xp.basics is even worse. "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? "PA Bear [MS MVP]" <PABearMVP@gmail.com> wrote in message news:O7WRhLNALHA.584@TK2MSFTNGP02.phx.gbl... > Anybody else seeing ~23 ghost messages when access this NG via OE? Yes. 25 at the moment, with hacked WM in Win 7....

Probelms printing
I'm having a problem printing workbooks in excel xp, the text is not printing in the cell. The first two rows are fine but as the work sheet progresses each row prints slightly higher so that by the end of the worksheet the last row has moved an entire row. When I look at the worksheet in print preview everything is fine and if I send the file to someone else in the office to print it prints fine. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling just excel & then all of office. I'm printing to an HP 5si. Please help! Just a guess... Are you and the other person using th...

How to make a page fit the whole printed page
I am using Excel 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium. When I print my page it doesn't fill the whole sheet. I would like to know how to make the text fit the sheet. I've tried a few things, like page layout and scale to fit, but that doesn't make any difference. Might just be worth trying selecting the whole page and changing the font size up to suit? -- Jim "itsmehb" wrote: > I am using Excel 2007 on Windows Vista Home Premium. When I print my page it > doesn't fill the whole sheet. I would like to know how to make the text fit &...

printing forms
Hi, i have this table in one sheet Name Surname Adress Tel.No. E-mail Gender Paul Gaultier Baker st 9995 paul@g.com M John Smith Rose st. 5556 john@smith.com F And in another sheet I have couple of forms (application forms, questionnaires) Applc. form. No.1 Name: Surname: Adress: E-mail: Gender: My wish is, to have buttons (or functions) next to each name, that will print each form with data of this person put in right boxes of the forms. Name Surname Adress Tel.No. E-mail Gender Print Form Paul Gaultier ...

Suggestion to have quick print functionality across GP
I spoke to a customer at Convergence who would like to have Quick Print functionality across the GP application rather than just in Sales Order Processing. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroup...

Printing of Slide
I printed the slides of a PowerPoint file. All the slides are printed, the graphs of the master can print-out perfectly, however, the graphs of the master cannot print if only any single slide is printed. In the Tools > Option > Print, background printing is checked. How to print the single slide with the master layout ? My MS office is Office XP. Could you clarify. I don't understand your question and would like to help. Sandy "yclhk" wrote: > I printed the slides of a PowerPoint file. All the slides are printed, the > graphs of the master...

Document won't print using show/hide parargraph marks. Blocked?
When I click on the Show/Hide button on paragraph section above the document, it shows my entire page to print with the marks. When I click on it again to Hide the symbols, almost the entire page disappears, and it won't print what I want it to show. What did I do wrong? Maybe almost your entire page somehow got formatted as Hidden text? With Show/Hide turned off, select the whole document (Ctrl-A) and press Ctrl-Shift-H (once or twice). If your text reappears, then that was your problem. On Feb 20, 12:39=A0pm, Sadiemitzi <Sadiemi...@discussions.microsoft.com> wro...

"Ghost" folders that aren't really ghosts
Upgraded my laptop from Win2K to XP, Office 2K to 2003 - all at once. Previous Outlook install included two profiles - one for online, one for remote. Both profiles use the same 3 PST files. Problem is - in one profile I have three "ghost" folders that aren't normal ghosts. They show up between my primary storage file and my other .PSTs - with no names and no properties that I can see. When I try to open, show properties, delete (in short, do anything) with one of these folders, I get the message "The set of folders cannot be opened." (along with other messages such a...

double sided printing
At our office we have a printer that does double sided printing. We are trying to set up our reports to print out double sided. The problem that we seem to be having is that Excel treats each worksheet as a new print job and therefore we can not seem to find a way to get Excel to print one worksheet on one side of the page and the next worksheet on the other side. If you have two pages in one worksheet then you can get those to print double sided but the problem there is that Excel then assigns these two pages the same page number. So my question is this... Is there any way to get ...

Printing and pdf errors
I created a doc in .pub (many times) and it will not print to my printers or to .pdf. I upgraded Publisher 2002, reinstalled Acrobat etc. I get this message from Acrobat: %%[ ProductName: Distiller ]%% %%[ Error: undefined; OffendingCommand: scale_the_picture ]%% %%[ Flushing: rest of job (to end-of-file) will be ignored ]%% %%[ Warning: PostScript error. No PDF file produced. ] %% The picts were scaled elsewhere and reembedded in the .pub file. No help. It looks great on screen. Any ideas!! Whilst attempting to develop brick-based storage technology, Ed reads a message from Chuck M &l...

print button #4
I have a spresdsheet of 5 pages. I only want to print certai highlighted columns,(always the same ones). can i put a button with macro to print them off when i want them without highkighting them al every time??? -- Cavema ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Caveman's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2754 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48616 Good morning caveman You can do this yourself, and learn about macros to boot. Tools > Macros > Record new macro Then hide th...

printing
Version: Older version Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel Only two or three sentences of my word document will print. There are other times when the entire document will print fine. My version is 1983-2001. So can you think of what is different with your computer or your document about when it works and when it does not? Do you make changes to the document? My hunch is that it is the printer, but only a hunch as I have no more information than you have given. Have you tried re-installing the printer driver, or perhaps getting a new printer driver...

Ghost typing
Windows XP running on an older Dell PC. Oddly, about the time Windows 7 was released (and corresponding with some Automatic Windows XP Updates) my computer started a frustrating behavior. When trying to type characters in the USER password screen, IE address bar, notepad, Word or any other character input field...I am able to type one or two letters then the machine self types WWWWWWWWWWWW endlessly. The W is disabled on the keyboard. The keyboard is a Microsoft Wireless Natural Multimedia Keyboard & Mouse. I also have a WACOM Intuous 3 graphics tablet that has worked fl...

Button To Print Workbook With Certain Settings
hi, in a workbook i have 52 numbered sheets. they are numbered 1, 2, 3, 4 etc. on the first sheet i have two buttons. i need some coding help with the buttons. basically i want the first button (called even) to print all the even sheets in the workbook. and the second button will print the odd sheets in the workbook. also i want different margin settings for each button. the even button will need a left margin of 0.5 and the odd button will need a right margin of 0.5 - while all the other margins remain 0.2. i am hoping that this is possible. i tried recording the marcos but i am not...

VB list box print reports. Known # of columns. # rows unknown
I have a Listbox with a number of reports. I know the number of columns in the report but not the number of rows in the report. This will vary based on data. How do I set the print area in VB when I don't know the number of rows. One way, assuming your data begins in cell A1. Set rng = ActiveSheet.Range(Cells(1, 1), _ Cells(UsedRange.Rows.Count, UsedRange.ColumnsCount)) ActiveSheet.PageSetUp.PrintArea = rng "Richard" <Richard@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A660B32E-BEB0-4EFF-A146-0943407D4F91@microsoft.com... >I have...

Printing only shows tiles
How to I get from tiles back to a single page? How is your page setup? Have you setup your printer for the size publication you are trying to print? Are you certain you are selecting the correct orientation, landscape or portrait? -- Mary Sauer http://msauer.mvps.org/ "Lar" <Lar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A1D1248A-E714-4E4A-91F3-D1CDA38F3CCF@microsoft.com... > How to I get from tiles back to a single page? ...

How can I print unique Index cards/postcards four on a page
Any suggestions as to how the Index cards/ postcards can be printed twice on a page. I am printing from a mail-merge and I am getting each index card printing on separate pages but not on the same page. Any suggestions will be helpful. Thanks, Vinit Kohli Sibcy Cline Inc. When you setup to merge postcards you should only have one card on your screen. In page setup, select postcards. Good help here: http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/CH062524751033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MS MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "Vinit Kohli&qu...

Print Label Wizard
Is there a way to print the aliase using the label wizard? ...

Print Preview #2
I have noticed that when I use Excel and Word, some computers let me see my print preview in color and others don't. Is there a setting I need to use so I can view my print preview in color? Please help. -- thuma1004 ------------------------------------------------------------------------ thuma1004's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=14810 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=534562 If not a printer issue(printer doesn't support color), check out the Page Setup>Sheet. Uncheck "black and white"...