Getting the cell reference - last cell with text

How can I automatically/ continously get  the cell reference to the last
cell in a particular column, that contains text? Any help would be
appreciated!

*Thanks. :) *

--
DuncanG
DuncanG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16398

Hi
see for various methods depending on your data structure and performance
requirements:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html

"DuncanG" wrote:

> How can I automatically/ continously get  the cell reference to the last
> cell in a particular column, that contains text? Any help would be
> appreciated!
>
> *Thanks. :) *
>

> --
> DuncanG
> DuncanG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16398
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277691

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/12/2004 1:40:06 PM
Duncan

How are you trying to do this as you are in the misc group?

Programmatically...

LastRowInA = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"DuncanG" <DuncanG.1fm180@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> How can I automatically/ continously get  the cell reference to the last
> cell in a particular column, that contains text? Any help would be
> appreciated!
>
> *Thanks. :) *
>

> --
> DuncanG
> DuncanG's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16398
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277691

Combining cells
Using Excel 2002: I will open a text file into excel. This file has no formatting, but the end result would be using two columns. The text file for example has: Music1 from site1 and site2 special 90876 Music100 extra from site1 87654 Music02 misc sites 10020 I want to put the numbers, 90876, 87654, 65409 in the same column "B" and have the other text combined into one column "A". When I use space delimited I can move the numbers in the same column. How do I combine the rest of the text which are word for word in columns A,B,C,D etc into one column "A"? End...

How to change Static Text property in a function?
I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in member function. How to do that? sxy7711 wrote: > I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in > member function. How to do that? > > See the example in the doc page for OnCtlColor. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

03Excel shldn't chg col hdrs to nos after text to col, keep alpha
2003 EXCEL: After using text-to-columns, column headers change to numbers, the same as the rows. Afterwards, it's difficult to create formulas to work with in the spread sheets, especially when you want to use absolute references. I looked through help but found no relief. The only way I could figure out how to change them back is to close the workbook, open a previous workbook that has alpha across the top, and then reopen the problem workbook. Excel adopts the first spread sheet's view and carries it over to the problem workbook. Save it then. If anyone else knows a keyb...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

A Crystal Beginner

Alter position of "Duplicate Receipt" text on receipt
Hi, I'm not too familiar with XML, but I'd really like to be able to move the position of the text "Duplicate Receipt" into the main body of the receipt- below the store address- as opposed to having it as a header and footer. Can anyone help? Thanks. hi Tara, you can do so, Open the receipt.xml file and find there are 2 boolean paramter <SET name="ShowDuplicateBefore" custom="false" description="Show Duplicate At Top" type="vbBoolean"> True </SET> <SET name="ShowDuplicateAfter" custom="true&q...

Duplicate cells #4
I have an excel spreadsheet of approximately 1500 Names,addressses etc. there are many duplicate cells of which I want to delete the duplicates and I am looking for the best way to accomplish this. I am new to excel and using formulas but if there is a way to use color to point out the duplicates, that would be very helpfull, thanks You could try to use Advanced Filter to get rid of the duplicates. Ensure that you have headers in row 1 (Name, Address_1, Address_2 etc) and highlight all the data including the headers. Then click Data | Filter | Advanced Filter and in the pop up click Un...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

referencing a cell determined by name in another cell
How do I reference a cell within a formula based on the contents of another cell? For example if one cell contained a reference/address for a column array, how could I refer to this cell (and hence the column array) within the vlookup function instead of having to put in the actual table array. In other words an external way of changing the table array rather than going into the formula. VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) Hi use INDIRECT for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ricardo wants answers" <ricardo wants answers@discussion...

How do I get??

Need to change data entered into cell. HELP ASAP!!
I have a list of over 7000 unique numbers (i.e. 123 or 77- 123). I need to add the letters "MH" in front of each number. Is there an easier way to do this than to click and edit each individual cell manually? Please help, anyone have any suggestions? Lots of thanks in advance. Hi one way (if you only have numbers): use acustom format : "MH"0 another way: in the adjacent column in row one (lets say in B1) enter the formula ="MH" & A1 copy this formula down After this select column B and copy the contents (CTRL+C). goto 'Edit - Paste Special' a...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Getting Control ID in Active X control

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...

Get photos from a camera