Getting the cell reference - last cell with text

How can I automatically/ continously get  the cell reference to the last
cell in a particular column, that contains text? Any help would be
appreciated!

*Thanks. :) *

--
DuncanG
DuncanG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16398

Hi
see for various methods depending on your data structure and performance
requirements:
http://www.xldynamic.com/source/xld.LastValue.html

"DuncanG" wrote:

> How can I automatically/ continously get  the cell reference to the last
> cell in a particular column, that contains text? Any help would be
> appreciated!
>
> *Thanks. :) *
>

> --
> DuncanG
> DuncanG's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16398
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277691

0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/12/2004 1:40:06 PM
Duncan

How are you trying to do this as you are in the misc group?

Programmatically...

LastRowInA = Range("A65536").End(xlUp).Row

--
HTH
Nick Hodge

"DuncanG" <DuncanG.1fm180@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> How can I automatically/ continously get  the cell reference to the last
> cell in a particular column, that contains text? Any help would be
> appreciated!
>
> *Thanks. :) *
>

> --
> DuncanG
> DuncanG's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=16398
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=277691

Excel: How do I enter a date in one cell & automatically dates adj
In excel, I am trying to find a formula or funtion so that when I enter a date (1/10/05) in cell A1 for example, then B1 automatically changes to 1/11/05, C1 to 1/12/05, etc. Can anyone help? Thanks!! In cell B1 your formula is =A1+1 That will advance the date by one day. Copy that formula across, and you're good to go. Hi Dave O, Thank you so much! Here's another question that has developed after I entered that formula. Before I have a date in A1, B1 states "1/1/1900", C1 states "1/2/1900"; but it works perfectly once I enter a date in A1. I'm trying ...

how to get three axes on a graph?
As in x y and z! You need to make a 'surface chart' But be aware that the values are treated as categories (as in a Line chart) not as values (as in an XY chart) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "michellelav" <michellelav@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AEB6034F-4041-4017-ADFC-294A171B1E2C@microsoft.com... > As in x y and z! Hi, Surface plots are really not that hot in Excel although you can make them interesting if you use enough data points. Alternatively, you might ...

Get fractions in 32nds to quit reducing to different denominators?
I have a bunch of fractions to input. They are all in 32nds of an inch. The cells are formatted as Fraction - up to 2 digits. Unfortunately, "As 32nds" doesn't show as one of the options; so 2/32 automatically reduces to 1/16, 16/32 to 1/2, etc. Can I get everything to show as 32nds? Ed Ed, Format/Custom/# ??/32 Beege Ed from AZ wrote: > I have a bunch of fractions to input. They are all in 32nds of an > inch. The cells are formatted as Fraction - up to 2 digits. > Unfortunately, "As 32nds" doesn't show as one of the options; so 2/32 > automat...

Full Text Index
Hello We have Exchange 2000 and have implemeted full text index on our PF store and it works OK apart from you can't search a public folder *and* it's subfolders I was wondering if a) Can Exchange 2000 be made to do this without 3rd party software b) if not, what is the best 3rd part s/w available that could do this without requiring more than Outlook 2003 on client c) Does Exchange 2003 do this out of the box d) Or is it a part of SharePoint Thank Rob. 1.) Exchange does not allow for Deep Traversal searches on the MAPI Public Folder Tree: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx...

How to get mail from 2 accts into separate folders.
I have created two email accounts. One for each of my SBC Yahoo DSL sub accounts They work fine & I can use Outlook now as the common spot to view all my email accounts. However all the email goes into my inbox. Is there a way to get each of the emails to receive into a separate folder? I've created separate inbox folders but don't know how to make this happen. help appreciated. You have to create rules to move into folders ie when mail received ........move to........ "Brian B." <bcbarsamian@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1964d01c41c21$8c134c70$a101280a...

keystroke to edit a cell
How do you edit a selected cell without using the mouse to select within the cell? I have a client who is challenged and it is not easy for her to use a mouse but can use a keyboard. I believe the F2 key will work ... Mike. >-----Original Message----- >How do you edit a selected cell without using the mouse to >select within the cell? I have a client who is challenged >and it is not easy for her to use a mouse but can use a >keyboard. >. > ...

cell gridlines
i cannot make cell gridlines appear despite checking the gridlines box and selecting a colours. any offers? Your cells are formatted to be filled with the color white. You need to format them so that there is "no fill" Christopher Anderson DJ&A Engineering "Al" wrote: > i cannot make cell gridlines appear despite checking the gridlines box and > selecting a colours. any offers? ...

Populate XL cells with values from a user defined type
All, I am trying to populate a spreadsheet with records from a user defined type. Something like: Define Type ReportRecords ActID as String * 10 Act_Title as String *40 Budget as Currency End Type Dim rFld as ReportRecords Then I do some stuff to populate the values (not all of them) in the ReportRecords user defined type. Next I open an Excel application and get it all set up to accept valuses. My user defined type has 92 fields. Here's a sample of the code: 'Write the record to excel, incriment the row counter, get the data for next activity... ...

Sorting by rows with differing numbers of cell entries
I'm trying to sort each row. Each contains differing numbers of cell entries, anywhere from 1 to 24. I've done a custom sort by selecting only the cells containing data on each row then custom sorting etc, but I have over 2,300 individual rows to sort. I also have problems with the blank cells. If I highlight a whole row they seem to get placed first in the sort on each row. The data in each cell starts with numbers like this: 01, 02, 03, 04, etc with an author's name after, eg. 06 SMITH DM. It's the order of authors for academic texts, so order is vital. All c...

Last and Final Reminder
What is Happening? This message is to inform you that Microsoft will soon begin discontinuing newsgroups and transitioning users to Microsoft forums. Why? As you may know, newsgroups have existed for many years now; however, the traffic in the Microsoft newsgroups has been steadily decreasing for the past several years while customers and participants are increasingly finding solutions in the forums on Microsoft properties and third party sites. This move will unify the customer experience, centralize content, make it easier for active contributors to retain their influence, mitiga...

Concatenate Cells
I am having trouble with a formula to concatenate the descriptions into 1 cell for each S/C #, some have 2, 3 of 4 cells. Material No. Full Description 904120016 VALVE,SOLENOID, 240V 50HZ, HERION, P/N 9301800-0201, FOR GAS SAFETY SHUT OFF AND VENT BALL VALVES, ON ALUMINA KILNS 907010005 CABLE,BUILDING, 7/0.67, SINGLE CORE, COPPER, BLACK, PVC / V75, .6 / 1KV, 100M ROLL 907010006 CABLE,BUILDING, 7/0.67, SINGLE CORE, COPPER, RED, PVC / V75, .6 / 1KV, 100M ROLL Can you elaborate more about it? You mean cells or rows? -- Greatly appreciated Eva "peterh" wrot...

How Do I make one word in a cell vertical and the other horizonta
I am trying to create tabs for an Index label. How do you make the number of the chapter Vertical & the title Horizontal.. Interesting concept, but I don't think you can. You could use a helper cell (a column to the left of the cell you ar viewing) which was one character wide, and had 'Wrap Text' set i Format Cells, Alignment. You could also rotate this text by 90� if required. Hope this helps -- Bryan Hesse ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Bryan Hessey's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21...

Locate a cell, based on a criteria, then use the 'Cell' command...
I am using a pivot table to configure some data. In the first column, the pivot table of course displays only one instance of the text representing of data group. What I need to do is determine in which cell a particular item of text (i.e. the criteria) resides in. Once I can locate the cell where my 'criteria' text string resides, I can then use the CELL function to return the row number. My question is... what excel formula can I use to locate a cell in a single column range, where the cell contains the text = "XYZ" My eventual plan is to then use the following ...

can't get "sum" to add up properly
Hi, I'd appreciate any help with my problem. I have the following A B C 1 Benefit Coverage Amount Monthly Premium 2 Employee Life .21/$1,000 $67,000.00 $14.07 3 Dependent Life (if applicable) family $2.00 4 Employee AD&D .04/$1,000$67,000.00 $2.68 5 LTD 2.58/100 $1,529.00 $39.45 6 Dental family 47.86 7 Health family 48.90 8 EAP (if applicable) yes $2.20 9 ...

how to see the whole text in merged cells?
I have a text which i need to put in a cell. As the text is pretty big i merged few cells (in one collumn) and used "wrap text". However starting from 1522 symbol (i checked it using different texts) the text is not seen in a cell, only in "function" bar. More, if i use "alt+enter" one more line can be seen, the rest not, and so on, actually using "alt+enter" after every word will allow me to see the whole text in merged cell, but that not the best way out i think. What is the problem??? Plz help! If you add those alt-enters every 80-100 characte...

Help! Cannot get System Attendant to start
Just recently converted to Windows 2003 domain. Installed new Exchange 2003 server, but keep getting error 1005: MSExchangeSA Unexpected error The logon attempt failed ID no: 8009030c. Can't seem to find a solution. Help. In Services snap-in check which account is specified for System Attendant in Logon As. First off all, it should be Local System. Secondly, if you insist on something else, make sure correct account and pwd are specified. The same applies to all Exchange services. Can't get System Attendant to start wrote: > Just recently converted to Windows 2003 domain. I...

Left justify across cells with word-wrap without merge
Hi, Is it possible to left justify across several cells in a row with word-wrap on, similar to the "centre across selection" justification option. I know that you can achieve this by merging the cells. One of the problems I have with merging the cells is that the row height does not automatically adjust to accommodate the text. The other problems I have with merge are too numerous to mention, suffice it to say that I believe that this feature should be declared illegal or at the least banished. Is it possible to do this programmatically? I am using Excel 2002 Any assistance will ...

Messages scheduled for delivery after hours never get sent
Hello, On our Exchange 2003 SP2, I configured an additional Connector (Routing Groups \ First Routing Group \ Connectors) and configured to use a custom schedule after hours. The user account associated to this connector is able to send emails during business hours and all emails sit in the queue as they should. However, once the scheduled off-hours time frame begins, emails remain in the queue and do not get released unless I "Force Connection". I did create and set to "1" the "CheckConnectorRestrictions" in the server's registry. Email sent by the...

print only one page in a message Plain-Text
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_014E_01C60ADA.6EC09160 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi everyone! I can print only one page when a received a message in HTML format, but, = when I received a message how Plain text, I can=B4t choose only one page = ... How can I to do this?? My outlook is 2003. ------=_NextPart_000_014E_01C60ADA.6EC09160 Content-Type: text/html; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable <!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4....

Range of Cells....
I am currently using a range of cells in a formula...e.g. C15:C20 I want to use multiple ranges of cells....e.g. C15:N15 E20:N20 G15:P20 What I am using is the +SUMPRODUCT formula.... Thanks! Post your formula(s) for comments. sumproduct ranges must be the same size -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "BenJAMMIN" <BenJAMMIN@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E90210B-1E69-4B21-9C92-3608E4481C5C@microsoft.com... > I...

Reference number 2000
Hi, has anybody received this error when updating Bank accounts? While updating the account, this error pops and the update is unsuccessful. I've already tried to change my passport id as well as restart the computer/money. Thanks for any help. ...

Conditional formatting of one cell depending on other cell.
Hi !! Is it possible to format a cell conditionally depending on the value o another cell ? For eg. If P3 contains X as a data in cell then A3 changes to red & I P3 contains Y as data in cell A3 changes to blue, similarly if P contains Z as a data in cell then A3 changes to green -- Little Maste ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Little Master's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2822 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=48032 Whilst in cell A3, do:- Format / CF / change '...

Get an array from a function
I am trying to get a number of let's say invoice numbers for a given client depending on the amount paid. I have a query that lists all the invoice numbers and the various combinations of invoice numbers and their totals. I now want to say find which invoices for Fred add up to �100 In a function in a normal module I have Private Type InvoiceIDArray InvoiceIDs(10) As Long End Type Function GetInvoiceIDs(MemID As Long, FeePaid As Currency) As SpaceIDArray Dim MyDb As Database Dim StoragePaidSet As Recordset etc End Function Compiles OK but if I type &quo...

Excel: Instead of the figure I typed I get ########. Why?
Excel: Instead of the figure I typed I get ########. Why? Typically you get this display when the column is not wide enough to display to number. Increase the column width and you should be all set. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "NanaTherese" <NanaTherese@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:64990789-73BD-4D41-B321-E027EFCCADB2@microsoft.com... > Excel: Instead of the figure I typed I get ########. Why? ...

Text To Date Conversion
Hi I run Excel 2000 I download information from a mainframe into Excel. In cell F5 the data looks like this: 19.11.2007 This is formatted as text and is left aligned. When I try to reformat it to a date (19/11/2007) it does not change. I would like to have a formula in cell N5 that changes the original data to a datevalue. (eg: 19/11/2007) Thanks If column F contains a lot of the "date" values, then you could: Data|Text to columns Fixed width (but don't have any separator lines!) choose Date (dmy order) and finish up Then give the range the date ...