Getting Scroll Bars in a text cell

I want to add a scroll bar into a cell that is a
particular size (similar to the box I am typing this in).
How do I do that in excel? I have tried adding scroll bars
but it only deletes my text and adds a number in its
place - depending on how many lines down I scroll.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.
0
anonymous (74717)

I don't think you'll be able to add a scrollbar to a cell that will scroll down
within the cell.

But maybe you could add a textbox from the control toolbox toolbar.

Right click on it and select properties.

Change multiline to true
change enterkeybehavior to true
and change scrollbars to vertical (or horizontal or both)

theal wrote:

> I want to add a scroll bar into a cell that is a
> particular size (similar to the box I am typing this in).
> How do I do that in excel? I have tried adding scroll bars
> but it only deletes my text and adds a number in its
> place - depending on how many lines down I scroll.

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)

Navigation Bar Question
When I first started using AC2007 I was having issues with the Navigation Bar not showing the number of records. Either the record number wasn't displayed or the number of records wasn't being displayed. So I abandoned it and used a Text box to show the number of records. Out of curiosity I changed the property of the form's Navigation Buttons to Yes. The Nav Bar seems to be working correctly now! I have upgraded to the SP1 and was wondering if this issue was addressed in SP1. Thanks, James If you want to track down what was fixed in SP1, see: http://support.microsoft.com/?k...

How to change Static Text property in a function?
I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in member function. How to do that? sxy7711 wrote: > I want to change Background(forground) Color of a Static Text control in > member function. How to do that? > > See the example in the doc page for OnCtlColor. -- Scott McPhillips [VC++ MVP] ...

Combining cells
Using Excel 2002: I will open a text file into excel. This file has no formatting, but the end result would be using two columns. The text file for example has: Music1 from site1 and site2 special 90876 Music100 extra from site1 87654 Music02 misc sites 10020 I want to put the numbers, 90876, 87654, 65409 in the same column "B" and have the other text combined into one column "A". When I use space delimited I can move the numbers in the same column. How do I combine the rest of the text which are word for word in columns A,B,C,D etc into one column "A"? End...

03Excel shldn't chg col hdrs to nos after text to col, keep alpha
2003 EXCEL: After using text-to-columns, column headers change to numbers, the same as the rows. Afterwards, it's difficult to create formulas to work with in the spread sheets, especially when you want to use absolute references. I looked through help but found no relief. The only way I could figure out how to change them back is to close the workbook, open a previous workbook that has alpha across the top, and then reopen the problem workbook. Excel adopts the first spread sheet's view and carries it over to the problem workbook. Save it then. If anyone else knows a keyb...

A Crystal Beginner

formula edit bar
all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does anyone know what I can do to restore?? Check it under view>formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Scot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ed01c3d938$2d291950$a401280a@phx.gbl... > all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does > anyone know what I can do to restore?? Thank you. Duh, how could I miss that! Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Check it under view>formula bar > >-- > >Regards, > >Peo Sjoblom > > >"Scot" <anonymous...

Copy row2 cells down to last cell where the whole row isn't all blank
Hi Colo, I tried to run your code to copy formula in cell K2 (I place the cursor on cell K2) down to last cell in column K, it doesn't copy down the formula. Is there anything missing from the code ? Please help and thanks very much! Sub Cell2CopyToEnd() Dim col As Long col = ActiveCell.column Range(Cells(2, col), Cells(Rows.Count, col).End(xlUp)).Formula = _ Cells(2, col).Formula End Sub --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ I put a value in K99 (so the macro knew when to quit) and I put a formula in K2. With K2 selected, I ran the code and it worked fine. The co...

wrong number in cell
In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 } no matter what I try it. This is another example of a problem in a cell I enter { 03E2 } hit enter and it changes to { 3.00E+02 }. Is there some bug in certain cells or with excel 2002 or is there some setting I am missing? Help -- Thanks MK pipco wrote: > In XP PRO & Excel 2002 I have a cell formated as General and unlocked. I > try to enter a number { 08607100 } I hit enter and it changes to { 8607100 &g...

Combination bar Charts
I have three data series on a bar chart. I want two of them stacked, and the third remaining singular (cluster bar format). I know how to change one data series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars. Is there any way to do this? I would like to create a custom chart type in this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web si...

Alter position of "Duplicate Receipt" text on receipt
Hi, I'm not too familiar with XML, but I'd really like to be able to move the position of the text "Duplicate Receipt" into the main body of the receipt- below the store address- as opposed to having it as a header and footer. Can anyone help? Thanks. hi Tara, you can do so, Open the receipt.xml file and find there are 2 boolean paramter <SET name="ShowDuplicateBefore" custom="false" description="Show Duplicate At Top" type="vbBoolean"> True </SET> <SET name="ShowDuplicateAfter" custom="true&q...

Duplicate cells #4
I have an excel spreadsheet of approximately 1500 Names,addressses etc. there are many duplicate cells of which I want to delete the duplicates and I am looking for the best way to accomplish this. I am new to excel and using formulas but if there is a way to use color to point out the duplicates, that would be very helpfull, thanks You could try to use Advanced Filter to get rid of the duplicates. Ensure that you have headers in row 1 (Name, Address_1, Address_2 etc) and highlight all the data including the headers. Then click Data | Filter | Advanced Filter and in the pop up click Un...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

inserting texts in cell based on conditions
Hi, I would very much appreciate if someone could help me solving a problem, illustrated by the following example: Column A B C 1 1 "LB" 2 1 "DK" 3 4 1 1 "LB/DK" If there's a 1 in column A, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "LB" inserted into it. If there's a 1 in column C, the corresponding cell in column C should get the text "DK" inserted into it. If both column A and B have ones in them, the corresponding cell should get the...

Convert a formula into text
I downloaded a text file from a client data software. Now when I opened the txt file in excel it converted one column into formulas when it should have been txt. For example in the txt file reads "-AD", now in excel reads "=- AD". It's giving me a display "#NAME?". What I really need is just to get rid of the "=" sign. I tried diferent ways. I used txt functions like text, trim, left, right, etc. I also tried copy and paste as value. Is there any other way to do this process smoother and faster? what do you suggest I need to do? This file as ...

referencing a cell determined by name in another cell
How do I reference a cell within a formula based on the contents of another cell? For example if one cell contained a reference/address for a column array, how could I refer to this cell (and hence the column array) within the vlookup function instead of having to put in the actual table array. In other words an external way of changing the table array rather than going into the formula. VLOOKUP(lookup_value,table_array,col_index_num,range_lookup) Hi use INDIRECT for this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "ricardo wants answers" <ricardo wants answers@discussion...

Checking specific text string in excel files stored in a folder
Hi, I need to write a code that can do the following: 1) prompt user to select a particular folder 2) search for a particular text string, for e.g., ABCD in all the excel files in that folder (the number of files in the folder will vary and so does the names of the files). Is it possible to specify the string that we want to search on the fly when macro is run? 3) create a simple report that contains the filename in one column and yes / no in the second column that tell me which file names contain that keyword (it will be great if the path of the file can be recorded in the 3rd colum...

How do I get??