Getting rid of the formula but keep the Value

I have created a PRODUCT formula linked with certain cells
and inputed the values elsewhere on the spreadsheet.

However, whenever I cut and paste the values on another
worsksheet or program, the formula shows up and not the
value.  Is there a way to keep the value when transferring
it to another location?

Copy>Paste Special>Values should work.

0
ray_adkins (15)
9/29/2003 4:38:04 PM

There's a "paste special" command.  Tick off 'values'
instead  of all and you'll get just the value.  I think
that's what you're looking for.

The other issue might be if you are copying and pasting a
formula that you still wish to have calculate something.
In that case, you are probably missing the "=" before the
formula in your destination cell.

Ross.

0
RK7336 (1)

year formula 04-13-10
I'm sure this is very simple, but for some reason it's not working for me. I have a log of training sessions provided to clients. I want to run a pivot table that totals the number of hours for the year. I track the date in the spreadsheet, so I wanted to add a column of "year" so that I can easily get totals per year. I want to reference the date column to populate the year for that date (I have hundreds of lines already so I don't want to do it manually) When i added the column & used the year function, it comes up with 1905 each time instead of...

Target.Offset(0, 36).Value Help
In the below, I use this to force the persons USERNAME to populate 36 rows to the right in a column I hide. This shows me who was in a spreadsheet and updating ONE specific column... Column AD. My question is this... Can I poulate a named range with their USERNAME. I want to insert a named range, then force the USERNAME there. (INSERT>NAME>DEFINE>) Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Excel.Range) Const myRange As String = "ad7:AD90" 'Const myrange As String = "A3,A6,A8,A11,A16" On Error GoTo stoppit Application.EnableEvents = False...

How to return a range of values in a drop-down.
Is there a way to have Excel return a range of values in a drop down in one cell based on input from another cell. As an example: Cell A1 has the text "PVC Pipe" I want cell A2 to get input from A1, read through a table, and return the corresponding values (sizes) of PVC pipe. The results in A2 would be the following in a drop down: 4" 6" 8" If cell A1 contained the text "Metal Pipe" it would return values (sizes) of metal pipe from a table and not display the sizes of PVC pipe. 10" 12" 15" The bottom line and...

Tax Value Not Transferring
We currently have our salespeople working in orders, and once the order is complete, we transfer it to an invoice. When we perform these transfers, if there is any value entered in the Tax field, this value is not transferred onto the invoice. We always check the box labeled "Include Totals and Deposits," but that doesn't seem to do the trick. Also, we noticed that whenever the shipping method on an invoice is changed, the value in the tax field changes to 0. Is there any way to prevent either of these things from happening? ...

How to paint connections by value
Hi, Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "size & position" one by one, How to do that? now looking up that "color by value" command and it doesn't work? Pls help? "Tulga" <tulgabat@gmail.com> wrote in message news:856c2ee0-0b04-48d0-9ad0-67791fd83b4e@w9g2000prb.googlegroups.com... > Hi, > > Im doing rack diagram, so i need to paint all cables with different > colors by their lengths. I can see all connections lengths from "...

03Excel shldn't chg col hdrs to nos after text to col, keep alpha
2003 EXCEL: After using text-to-columns, column headers change to numbers, the same as the rows. Afterwards, it's difficult to create formulas to work with in the spread sheets, especially when you want to use absolute references. I looked through help but found no relief. The only way I could figure out how to change them back is to close the workbook, open a previous workbook that has alpha across the top, and then reopen the problem workbook. Excel adopts the first spread sheet's view and carries it over to the problem workbook. Save it then. If anyone else knows a keyb...

Keeping Sent Items in sync across two PCs
I asked this question a few days ago in the microsoft.public.outlook.general forum but didn't get any replies, so I thought I'd try here instead... I have two computers, and both use Outlook 2000 for email. I don not use an Exchange server - email is by POP3/SMTP. Both computers collect the same email by POP3, and are set up to leave messages on the server for 30 days so nothing is missed on either PC. This works well, but the only problem is that when I send an email, it is only in the Sent Items fold of the PC that I used to send the email. Is there a way to 'copy' group...

A Crystal Beginner

formula edit bar
all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does anyone know what I can do to restore?? Check it under view>formula bar -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Scot" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:00ed01c3d938$2d291950$a401280a@phx.gbl... > all of the sudden my formula edit bar is gone. Does > anyone know what I can do to restore?? Thank you. Duh, how could I miss that! Thanks! >-----Original Message----- >Check it under view>formula bar > >-- > >Regards, > >Peo Sjoblom > > >"Scot" <anonymous...

Keeping data without losing Formula's
I have a worksheet (named monthly) with a column of data under a certain month (which will change each time data is entered - stocktake). However this column needs to be edited each month and has formula's in it so it will work (not always the same data in the column). I decided to put this data into a yearly sheet under the particular month. The only way I can do it at the moment is to copy and paste special. How do I (or is there a way to) put this data in a sheet that has all the months but under the month that is signified. In other words I don't want formula's in the yearl...

Get paid while you get online!!

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

using the $ to lock formulas
We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct this? Thank you for any assistance you can give. Hi one way would be to use something like INDIRECT("A1") to always refer to cell A1. Note: copying this formula won't change the cell reference -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany frankmlr wrote: > We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns > are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct > this? > > > Thank you for any assistance you can give. One way: =I...

Convert a formula into text
I downloaded a text file from a client data software. Now when I opened the txt file in excel it converted one column into formulas when it should have been txt. For example in the txt file reads "-AD", now in excel reads "=- AD". It's giving me a display "#NAME?". What I really need is just to get rid of the "=" sign. I tried diferent ways. I used txt functions like text, trim, left, right, etc. I also tried copy and paste as value. Is there any other way to do this process smoother and faster? what do you suggest I need to do? This file as ...

Scaling XY charts with suppressed starting value
The autoscaling feature of the Excel graphing function seems to have (limited) mind of its own. I'm trying to graph Y-values in the -1.5 t 1.5 range and X-values from 190 to 410 with the minimum from 190 to 29 and the max value from 290 to 410. The autoscaling of Y works fine, but the X-axis always start at 0 while the high value properly sets the maximum. Of course, I could fi the minimum at 190, but that is not what I had in mind. Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation without using a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Per - You need to make an XY Sca...

How do I get??

excell charting problem with false values
I have the following formula =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,"") chart shows 0's for false empty value "" I would like to skip false or format so that value doesn't get charted. Replace 'nothing' with N/A which gets ignored by chart. =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,NA()) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ricky Ray" <Ricky Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FC3775-2804-4167-BF87-01EE74E1A291@microsoft.com... >I have the following formula ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on