Getting my chart to display dates

i have two different values that i am charting on a scatter plot; projected
value and actual value for each month. I want my X axis to be the months. For
some reason when I go to format the axis it is showing the dates as the
number code and is givng me no option to show each month. i can use the
number code and set a maximum and minimum date but when i set a 30 day
increment it duplicates a month over a long period of time. How do I get the
axis to recognize that those are days and chart th value for each month? I
want all the months to be displayed on the x axis. I hope this makes sense.

Since none of you answered me:

Todd, what you need to do is not make a scatter plot and do a line chart
insted. They have a line chart that is specific for date and time. Todd, if
this helped please click yes.

sincerely Todd

"Todd" wrote:

> i have two different values that i am charting on a scatter plot; projected
> value and actual value for each month. I want my X axis to be the months. For
> some reason when I go to format the axis it is showing the dates as the
> number code and is givng me no option to show each month. i can use the
> number code and set a maximum and minimum date but when i set a 30 day
> increment it duplicates a month over a long period of time. How do I get the
> axis to recognize that those are days and chart th value for each month? I
> want all the months to be displayed on the x axis. I hope this makes sense.

Chart overlay and joined secondary chart
I created a hi-low-close stock chart with excel, but would like to add an independent indicator on top of the main chart without disturbing the axis scale on the main chart. So my first question is: can I make an overlay chart? Secondly, if I decide to add another indicator below the original chart, is there a way to join the two charts, so the data will be aligned? Thanks Hi, Have a look at Jon's example. http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/AlignCharts.html It may be possible to create a combination chart, which is usually a better solution than trying to overlay them. Chee...

copy and past chart 11-21-07
I have 22 employees. I have created 22 different queries for different performance data. From these I want to creat a chart for each employee. Now I have created one very good chart for one of the employees, but it took a fair amount of doing and now I would like all 22 charts to look exactly the same in appearance. I would LIKE to copy and past the chart and then just change the SOURCE of the data but I cannot figure out HOW to do this? I successfully copied and pasted each query and then just changed the criteria accordingly, but I cannot figure out how to change the source fo...

need a date look here

Static Range, Dynamic Chart Data
I have read some great tips on making my chart dynamic that involv changing the range. The chart I would like to create is a 12 month lin chart. I want the chart to always be 12 months in length, but the poin to simply not be plotted if the value of the cell "blank". In othe words, stop the line short of the end of the plot area. The 12 months of charted cells have a formula lik =IF(A1=0,"",SUM(A1:A6)). So you see a blank cell if A1 is 0. But th chart shows this as a zero value. If I delete the contents the char does what I would like. Is there a way to simply change the ...

A Crystal Beginner

Combination bar Charts
I have three data series on a bar chart. I want two of them stacked, and the third remaining singular (cluster bar format). I know how to change one data series to a line, but when I try to change one to a singular bar using the same techique (highlighting the singular series and selecting a different chart type), the entire chart type switches to clustered bars. Is there any way to do this? I would like to create a custom chart type in this format, but it is unclear how to create chart custom formats. Jon Peltier has information and links for clustered stacked columns on his web si...

Get paid while you get online!!

Inability to chart a logartihmic values
I have been working on some mathematical formulas and equations and am trying to chart them. However I need to be able to have a logarithmic axis for one set of the values and do not know how to obtain this. Any help would be greatly appreciated. To get a log scale, double click on an axis, click on the Scale tab of the Format Axis dialog that pops up, and check the Logarithmic Scale box. If you want to make the X axis into a log scale, make sure you have a scatter chart, not a line chart. The line chart treats the X values as nonnumeric categories, while the scatter chart treats them as ...

EPays w/ Processing Date
I've been using MM for a number of years and have had relatively few problems...until now with MM05. I've searched this NG and FAQ web site but haven't found the issue/resolution. I have always had MM to record EPays with the PROCESSING DATE and have it checked in Settings/Online Services. MM05, however, records the transaction in the register with the SUBMITTING DATE. For example, yesterday I sent 2 payments to be paid on the 13th of the month but MM recorded yesterday's date NOT the payment date. That transaction, once submitted can't be changed as the check numbe...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

Scaling XY charts with suppressed starting value
The autoscaling feature of the Excel graphing function seems to have (limited) mind of its own. I'm trying to graph Y-values in the -1.5 t 1.5 range and X-values from 190 to 410 with the minimum from 190 to 29 and the max value from 290 to 410. The autoscaling of Y works fine, but the X-axis always start at 0 while the high value properly sets the maximum. Of course, I could fi the minimum at 190, but that is not what I had in mind. Does anyone know how to overcome this limitation without using a macro -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Per - You need to make an XY Sca...

excell charting problem with false values
I have the following formula =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,"") chart shows 0's for false empty value "" I would like to skip false or format so that value doesn't get charted. Replace 'nothing' with N/A which gets ignored by chart. =IF(AND(BU2<$BU$1110,BU2>$BU$1111),BU2,NA()) best wishes -- Bernard V Liengme www.stfx.ca/people/bliengme remove caps from email "Ricky Ray" <Ricky Ray@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:44FC3775-2804-4167-BF87-01EE74E1A291@microsoft.com... >I have the following formula ...

Emax Pole Display
Where can I get OPOS drivers for the Emax Ultimate Serial Pole Display? The Emaxintl.com web site seems to be unavailable and calls to the company in CA go unanswered. Does anyone know how to get this line display to work? I've tried the RMS provided drivers to no avail. Thank you ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

How do I get??

GAL displayed fields
Is there a way to sync fields defined in ADUC (eg. General, Address, and Telephones Tab info) with the applicable fields in the GAL without entering it in both places separately? TIA. -- GJ Not sure how you can enter stuff in the GAL - it's nothing but a filtered view of data in AD that's displayed/modified using ADUC and other such tools. If you change it in ADUC, you will see the change when you view the GAL. There may be some replication latency when you have multiple DCs or a distributed environment with multiple Sites. -- Bharat Suneja MVP - Exchange www.zenprise.com NEW...

Overlaying charts #3
I am looking for basic directions on overlaying charts in excel vsn 2003. I am trying to find a trend within sets of variables. In general it's more reliable to add the data to a single chart. Otherwise it's an ongoing struggle to keep chart elements lined up satisfactorily. - Jon ------- Jon Peltier, Microsoft Excel MVP Peltier Technical Services Tutorials and Custom Solutions http://PeltierTech.com/ _______ cg wrote: > I am looking for basic directions on overlaying charts in excel vsn 2003. I > am trying to find a trend within sets of variables. ...