Getting external data filters

I have successfully generated queeries to import data in my spreadsheets, but I don't know if I can or how to do something.  My filtering data can change because it is personnel based, so I want to know if I can generate a queery that will allow the user to define the filters without having to redo the queery every time someone moves out of the respective work section or a new person joins.  Basically, can I have a data entry area for them to list employees and have a queery reference this list to sort out the new data for only those people?  Is there another way to do it?  I am learning as I go here and any help would be greatly appreciated!
0
joemc911 (5)

Filtered Lookups
Hi, I wanted to filter values in one lookup (Lkup2 ) based on the selection made in another lookup (Lkup1) Is there a way I can achieve this without 1 - going for any paid products or 2 - modifying the CRMWeb\_controls\lookup\lookupsingle.aspx page Thank you very much Check this out, it has it http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=634508DC-1762-40D6-B745-B3BDE05D7012&displaylang=en Have a look here: http://www.eggheadcafe.com/software/aspnet/35418198/how-to-restrick-a-lookup.aspx this thread was about filtering the lookup of "primary contact" to contacts ...

Data validation behaviour
Local named ranges: Codes!Depth_Range refers to: = Codes!$A$10 evaluates to: 46 (always a positive integer) Codes!Short_Name_Header refers to: = Codes!$Z$12 Codes!Sign_Table refers to: =OFFSET(Codes!Short_Name_Header,1,0,Codes!Depth_Range,3) Codes!Table refers to: =OFFSET(Codes!Short_Name_Header,1,0,Codes!Depth_Range,9) Workbook-level named ranges: Global_Sign_Table refers to: =Codes!Sign_Table Global_Table refers to: =Codes!Table In worksheet "Analysis", data validation on a cell is set to Custom formula: =$V16*VLOOKUP($P16,Global_Sign_Table,3)>=0 This be...

Static Range, Dynamic Chart Data
I have read some great tips on making my chart dynamic that involv changing the range. The chart I would like to create is a 12 month lin chart. I want the chart to always be 12 months in length, but the poin to simply not be plotted if the value of the cell "blank". In othe words, stop the line short of the end of the plot area. The 12 months of charted cells have a formula lik =IF(A1=0,"",SUM(A1:A6)). So you see a blank cell if A1 is 0. But th chart shows this as a zero value. If I delete the contents the char does what I would like. Is there a way to simply change the ...

A Crystal Beginner

Restrict spreadsheet to data entry only
Fairly new to Excel. Once I've set up the structure of my spreadsheet, and entered the formulae for calculated cells etc, how can I ensure that the spreadsheet is used just for data entry and that the structure cannot be altered in any way? TIA You can use protection. You need to go to every cell you want for data entry and unprotect tha cell. You can select multiple cells... right mouse click... Then hi format cells... The last tab says protection, select it and click th check box to unprotect these items. Now you can then in the menu bar hit Tools... Protection... and the Protect...

Keeping data without losing Formula's
I have a worksheet (named monthly) with a column of data under a certain month (which will change each time data is entered - stocktake). However this column needs to be edited each month and has formula's in it so it will work (not always the same data in the column). I decided to put this data into a yearly sheet under the particular month. The only way I can do it at the moment is to copy and paste special. How do I (or is there a way to) put this data in a sheet that has all the months but under the month that is signified. In other words I don't want formula's in the yearl...

Importing/parsing data from an external file in Word 2007 Macros
Hello! I am wondering if this is possible, and if so, how do I do it? What I want to do is this: I have a template, and I want to write a macro that will create a document based on this template by pulling data out of other files, formatting the data, and putting it in the appropriate section of the document. I have no experience with Word Macros or VBA, although I have programmed in VB.NET in the past. Any suggestions would be helpful! Thank you! Kaiti You would need an AutoNew macro in the template that contained the code statements. Sub AutoNew() ActiveDocu...

Excel VBA / Data Sorting / Maniputaltion
i have a long list, which i imported from other data base. The problem is: 1. In each cell, besides data (data is in alphabates) there are som numeric characters which i dont want . How can i get rid of all those unwanted numbers from data, from all th list? 2. The data is in every second row, ie. one row is empty. How can i Delete those empty/blank rows from the list -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 1. I think we will need to see a sample of your data 2. Sort the data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am sending the sample data file... ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Stupid Junk Filter Doesn't Work
I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them in my inbox. Anyone have any suggestions? Upgrade to 2003. "Christy" <charrison@loanwhiz.com> wrote in message news:63de01c40155$1c4d1c40$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I have oulook 2002 (xp). The stupid junk filter doesn't > work and I can't figure out how to make it move junk mail > to my deleted items so that i don't have to look at them > in my inbox. > > Anyone h...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Need to change data entered into cell. HELP ASAP!!
I have a list of over 7000 unique numbers (i.e. 123 or 77- 123). I need to add the letters "MH" in front of each number. Is there an easier way to do this than to click and edit each individual cell manually? Please help, anyone have any suggestions? Lots of thanks in advance. Hi one way (if you only have numbers): use acustom format : "MH"0 another way: in the adjacent column in row one (lets say in B1) enter the formula ="MH" & A1 copy this formula down After this select column B and copy the contents (CTRL+C). goto 'Edit - Paste Special' a...

How to export fixed length records to a data file.
I'm creating a query for our school using the school district's standard student data format. All fields are fixed width. For example the WhiteEthnicFg field is exactly one character of either "Y" or "N". In our database we record that field as a Boolean. The Date-of-Birth District's field is an 8 character field in the format mmddyyyy. Most fields are fixed width 'Char' fields, but I don't know how to make the output match the correct width. There are decimal fields 'with one implied decimal point'. Example: 0000100 will result ...

Get notified when Out of Office is on

Extract Data
Main worksheet has members name in Comumn B. In column R is table he/she is assigned to at conference. I need to extract names of all people who are assigned to ,say, table 11 and put them in another column, one after the other, with no blank rows . Thanks for your help. Hi how do you identify exactly who is assigned to a conference (post some example rows) One way would be to use the Advanced Filter feature (try the addin: http://www.rondebruin.nl/easyfilter.htm) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "Tucson Guy" <TucsonGuy@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im N...

Can I reference a filtered item in the Custom Header
I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxxx", where xxxxxxxx is the currently filtered agency. Can this be done? Here's a link that returns the filter criteria via a userdefined function. It's a procedure posted by Tom Ogilvy (posted by Debra Dalgleish). http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=40BE8AD9.5040505%40contexturesXSPAM.com Jack wrote: > > I would like to include the currently filtered item in my custom report > header. For example: "Dummy Bills for Agency xxxxxxx...