Get Pivot Table Data Formula

Is anyone a Pivot Table Guru?
I need to use the GetPivotData formula to get a subtotal line within the
Pivot, but when I use the equals I keep getting a reference error!

eg. Need to access Sep Hrs - cannot get total as I receive a ref error.
     But for Total hrs I can use the formula!!

Is there a way I can use the getpivotdata formula or another formula to
access these category subtotals from the pivot table!! The pivot table is
dynamic aswell, and its range grows as you add in additional weeks..

Help!!
0
Wozzle (2)

There are example GetPivotData formulas in Excel's Help. Can you base
your formula on one of those?

If not, describe your pivot table layout, and which version of Excel
you're using, and someone may be able to help.

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)
9/9/2005 11:50:18 PM
Yes, I have tried that, but still get a reference error.
I have pasted in the table I am looking at and need to get the formula for
the subtotals without a reference erroe. Can anyone help????

When I use the equals sign to reference the cell, an error appears. Can some
one help me with the formula issue I have??

=GetPivotData($A$4,"Dept[Sales;Data,Sum] 'Sum of Hours' 'Sep'")

                                        Mth
Employee       Dept             Sep
Sam              Sales            8
Jane              Sales            9
Rob               Sales            10
Sales Sum of Hours            27
Tim               Finance         15
Dan               Finance         16
Finance Sum of Hours         31
Bob               Consulting     11
Rui                Consulting     12
Consulting Sum of Hours     23
Ed                 Admin           9
Sum of Hours                     9
Total Sum of Hours             90

"Debra Dalgleish" wrote:

> There are example GetPivotData formulas in Excel's Help. Can you base
> your formula on one of those?
>
> If not, describe your pivot table layout, and which version of Excel
> you're using, and someone may be able to help.
>
> Wozzle wrote:
> > Is anyone a Pivot Table Guru?
> > I need to use the GetPivotData formula to get a subtotal line within the
> > Pivot, but when I use the equals I keep getting a reference error!
> >
> > eg. Need to access Sep Hrs - cannot get total as I receive a ref error.
> >      But for Total hrs I can use the formula!!
> >
> > Is there a way I can use the getpivotdata formula or another formula to
> > access these category subtotals from the pivot table!! The pivot table is
> > dynamic aswell, and its range grows as you add in additional weeks..
> >
> > Help!!
>

> --
> Debra Dalgleish
> Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

Wozzle (2)

Remove BP tables from Dynamics database
I have a client who is currently running GP 8. I will be upgrading them to GP 10. Back when GP 8 was installed they installed but never used BP. So now the Dynamics database has BP tables in it. I want to completely remove all the BP 2.5 tables so that when I come along to install BP for GP 10 it does not run into any of those old useless BP tables. What is the best way to remove all of the old BP tables? The article 862544 in CustomerSource below includes scripts that should remove the BP SQL objects How to remove Business Portal 2.x https://mbs.microsoft.com/knowledgebase/KbDisplay....

year formula 04-13-10
I'm sure this is very simple, but for some reason it's not working for me. I have a log of training sessions provided to clients. I want to run a pivot table that totals the number of hours for the year. I track the date in the spreadsheet, so I wanted to add a column of "year" so that I can easily get totals per year. I want to reference the date column to populate the year for that date (I have hundreds of lines already so I don't want to do it manually) When i added the column & used the year function, it comes up with 1905 each time instead of...

Likert scale calculation
I have used the following table in my survey: Frequency of use - check which on is applicable: every few hours every few mins every few secs item1 item2 item3 .. .. .. item10 so the sample data looks like this: id item1 item 2 ............. item10 1 hours hrs ................. mins 2 secs hrs ................. mins 3 mins hrs ................. mins I want to add up the hours secs mins for each item..for example (from the above sample): ev...

A Crystal Beginner

Restrict spreadsheet to data entry only
Fairly new to Excel. Once I've set up the structure of my spreadsheet, and entered the formulae for calculated cells etc, how can I ensure that the spreadsheet is used just for data entry and that the structure cannot be altered in any way? TIA You can use protection. You need to go to every cell you want for data entry and unprotect tha cell. You can select multiple cells... right mouse click... Then hi format cells... The last tab says protection, select it and click th check box to unprotect these items. Now you can then in the menu bar hit Tools... Protection... and the Protect...

Static Range, Dynamic Chart Data
I have read some great tips on making my chart dynamic that involv changing the range. The chart I would like to create is a 12 month lin chart. I want the chart to always be 12 months in length, but the poin to simply not be plotted if the value of the cell "blank". In othe words, stop the line short of the end of the plot area. The 12 months of charted cells have a formula lik =IF(A1=0,"",SUM(A1:A6)). So you see a blank cell if A1 is 0. But th chart shows this as a zero value. If I delete the contents the char does what I would like. Is there a way to simply change the ...

Keeping data without losing Formula's
I have a worksheet (named monthly) with a column of data under a certain month (which will change each time data is entered - stocktake). However this column needs to be edited each month and has formula's in it so it will work (not always the same data in the column). I decided to put this data into a yearly sheet under the particular month. The only way I can do it at the moment is to copy and paste special. How do I (or is there a way to) put this data in a sheet that has all the months but under the month that is signified. In other words I don't want formula's in the yearl...

Clear Contants w/o effecting formulas #3
Myrna, Thanks a bunch. Craig -- cparsons ------------------------------------------------------------------------ cparsons's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=12867 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=268473 ...

vlookup and Access Database Table
Can vlookup be used to get a result from an Access Database Table? Thanks. The vlookup function itself is an Excel function and as such can only retrieve data from an excel sheet. However you may be able to use the import external data menu option in the Data menu to retrieve your data from the access database, pull it into your excel workbook and then use the vlookup function. I never tried this myself, but maybe the idea can be applied. -- Jeroen van Nieuwkerk "finster26" wrote: > Can vlookup be used to get a result from an Access Database Table? > > Thanks....

Table formatting lost
I receive emails that started off in Excel as a short table. The sender then cuts and pastes into Outlook. When the message arrives it has lost all formatting for the table. Is there any solution apart from sennding as an Excel attachment? Do the copy as a Picture and then paste in Outlook. -- Gary''s Student - gsnu2007k "him@privacy.net" wrote: > I receive emails that started off in Excel as a short table. The > sender then cuts and pastes into Outlook. When the message arrives it > has lost all formatting for the table. Is there any solution apart > from se...

Excel VBA / Data Sorting / Maniputaltion
i have a long list, which i imported from other data base. The problem is: 1. In each cell, besides data (data is in alphabates) there are som numeric characters which i dont want . How can i get rid of all those unwanted numbers from data, from all th list? 2. The data is in every second row, ie. one row is empty. How can i Delete those empty/blank rows from the list -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com 1. I think we will need to see a sample of your data 2. Sort the data -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com I am sending the sample data file... ...

Get paid while you get online!!

Pivot Table with MS Access as DataSource
Hello all. Thanks for the help in advance. I am trying to use a UNC to pull data from a MS Access database as a external datasource for a pivot table in MS Excel 2003. I can actively pull the data, since I have a network drive mapped to the location, but others who have the drive mapped to another letter are unable to open the document and refresh. I am trying to figure out the best way to create this pivot table utilizing the shared network UNC. Please help! Regards, Me Hello, I would use a SQL query to pull the data out of the Access db. Then everyone can push...

using the $ to lock formulas
We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct this? Thank you for any assistance you can give. Hi one way would be to use something like INDIRECT("A1") to always refer to cell A1. Note: copying this formula won't change the cell reference -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany frankmlr wrote: > We are using the $ to lock the formula but when columns > are inserted the formula still changes. How do we correct > this? > > > Thank you for any assistance you can give. One way: =I...

Spreadsheet getting corrupted

How do I get??

Table of contents
I have created a large spreadsheet with numerous worksheets and would like to be able to insert a table of contents at the front of the report. Each heading in the table of contents would be the worksheet name. Is there any way of doing this? I know I can put a table of contents page in the report and fill in the page numbers by manually doing a print preview and then filling in each page number manually. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Hi have a look at http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/buildtoc.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Dave wrote: > I have created a l...

How to export fixed length records to a data file.
I'm creating a query for our school using the school district's standard student data format. All fields are fixed width. For example the WhiteEthnicFg field is exactly one character of either "Y" or "N". In our database we record that field as a Boolean. The Date-of-Birth District's field is an 8 character field in the format mmddyyyy. Most fields are fixed width 'Char' fields, but I don't know how to make the output match the correct width. There are decimal fields 'with one implied decimal point'. Example: 0000100 will result ...