General

I created a workbook with several worksheets that are protected and when it
is opened it is to go to sheet1 and select cell A10. My problem is that when
I open it not only is sheet1/A10 selected but a cell in sheet2 which causes
half of each sheet to be visible. Now if I unprotect sheet2 the problem goes
away but cells in the two sheets are linked and both need to be protected.
Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0
bjohnson (28)

Carl, care to post the code you are using? maybe somebody can see why it is
doing that

--
Paul B
Using Excel 2000 & 97
"Carl Johnson" <bjohnson@woh.rr.com> wrote in message
> I created a workbook with several worksheets that are protected and when
it
> is opened it is to go to sheet1 and select cell A10. My problem is that
when
> I open it not only is sheet1/A10 selected but a cell in sheet2 which
causes
> half of each sheet to be visible. Now if I unprotect sheet2 the problem
goes
> away but cells in the two sheets are linked and both need to be protected.
> Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

0
newspab (273)

general question!
Hello there. Outlook XP in a networked environment. When viewing an email (that has an attachment)in the preview pane, I can see the attachment icon on that little header area between the list of emails and the previewed email. However, when I click away to an email that is a reply to a meeting request (that I sent out)and then click back on the attachment-email, in the information viewer the little attachment icon is no longer on the header. Obviously I can still tell if the email in question has an attachment from the information viewer. This is more annoying more than anything els...

General
I created a workbook with several worksheets that are protected and when it is opened it is to go to sheet1 and select cell A10. My problem is that when I open it not only is sheet1/A10 selected but a cell in sheet2 which causes half of each sheet to be visible. Now if I unprotect sheet2 the problem goes away but cells in the two sheets are linked and both need to be protected. Any help with this would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. Carl, care to post the code you are using? maybe somebody can see why it is doing that -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Usin...

vbAdvance general dll problem
I want to create a plugin for an external application in VB6. To do this I create a regular dll, export the necessary functions and compile the dll. So far so good. The problem comes when I developed a second plugin (also in vb6 with vbAdvance) and try to load both in the external application. The first plugin is loaded fine, but the second fails with error 998 (ERROR_NOACCESS). I traced the problem to the code that starts the required vb stuff, in MRuntimeInit: ... pGetClass = GetProcAddress(hMod, "DllGetClassObject") If pGetClass Then CopyMemory pCall, InitDelegato...

alt.windows7.general
Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. But it now has it's own news group. alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Canuck57 wrote this, with guidance from inner voices: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general (uncensored) Just couldn't leave them in peace, could ya? -- Vita brevis breviter in brevi finietur, Mors venit velociter quae neminem veretur. Canuck57 wrote: > Windows 7 is Vista regurgitated. > > But it now has it's own news group. > > alt.windows7.general ...

alt.windows7.general newsgroup
Reference Email Subject: Mysterious Message in Drafts Folder, by Grenou, dated Saturday, November 28, 2009, 5:43 AM., comment: "I subscribe to alt.windows7.general." Grenou, I would very much appreciate the name of the server for the alt.windows7.general newsgroup. I already subscribe to news.microsoft.com and msnews.microsoft.com but could not find the alt.windows7.general newsgroup on either of these servers. Thanks for any help, Sam. Try aioe news server. "Sam" <scams@Remove This att.net> wrote in message news:ej3t87ScKHA.808@TK2MSFTN...

Report on select general ledger accounts, that are not sequential.
There are many time when we need to review specific general ledger accounts. These accounts are not necessarily in sequential order, therefore we have to print much more than is needed or may separate reports. It would be helpful if a detail/summary trial balance report could be generated, using some type selection criteria other than account number,segment or date. Example: We have multiple general ledgers that relate to mortgages. These accounts can be income, expense, assets, etc. They cover a large range of general ledger numbers. I'd like to pull all accounts related to mort...

General Questions About differences between working with a MDB and ADP
Is it possible to create custom properties for the ADP file? CurrentDB and DAO.DBEngine(0)(0) are crapping out. SET db = CurrentDB results in an object variable not set SET db = DAO.DBEngine(0)(0) returns 'Item not found in the collection' I do have a reference to DAO 3.6 set. ADPs work with SQL Server. The concepts of CurrentDb and DAO.DBEngine(0)(0) don't really make much sense in an ADP. What are you hoping to be able to do? -- Doug Steele, Microsoft Access MVP http://I.Am/DougSteele (no e-mails, please!) "David C. Holley" <David...

General Questions
Hello All! I am creating a vehicle bookings system which will automatically accept/decline vehicle bookings depending on the availability of the vehicle in question. I have created the query to establish if there is a clash once the user has inputted the in and out date/time and chosen which vehicle to book. I would like to know how to get this to 'run' and display a message confirming the accpetance/decline of the proposed booking based on the result of the query. Secondly, is it possible to set up an automatic email (which will be sent to me) when a new record is entered into a...

Post department hours to unit accounts in General Ledger
I would like to see the hours that are allocated to departments in Payroll, also be posted to unit accounts in General Ledger. Currently we have to do this manually for doing analytical reporting on financial statements (Sales per man hour or SPH) by taking numbers off the payroll posting journals and then reentering them as a JE in General Ledger. Thank you. -- Douglas J Karel Pax vobiscum ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in t...

How to enquire on tax codes processed in General Entry Screen.
I processed a GL journal entry and entered taxes through the GL Tax entry button. How do I perform a enquiry after posting to see what tax codes/tax schedules were used. The Jounral entry enquiry screens do not show the tax. ...

General Queries
Dear All, I require answers to the follwing: 1. How is a purchase order generated in HQ 2. How are system settings set in HQ 3. How are users and their security levels set in HQ 4. Is there a report for daily store sales from HQ 5. What is the difference between getting inventory through a purchase order and through a transfer in. 6. What is the basis for restock level and reorder level. 7. What does store cost mean and how can it be differetn between stores 8. How are the bar codes and labels printed. Who is your reseller? Afshin Alikhani - [ afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ] CEO - Retail...

RMS General Info
I am interested in using RMS store operations and Headquaters. Does anyone have any documentation on how the product works? I want to present it to a group...(in hopes of approval) I want a document or something that shows step by step how things are done...inventory, cash/check/tender transactions, return/exchange etc. Please help...ASAP Contact a reseller or go to the RMS site they have demos and white papers "Millie" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:041101c48b04$b330daf0$a301280a@phx.gbl... > I am interested in using RMS store opera...

General Journal
I have a student who is wanting to set up a general journal instead of doing it by hand? ...

general pst

General Ledger - General Posting Journal
On the General Posting Journal Printed Report (print JE's), how do I add a column on the printed report to show the Distribution Reference (next to the account description)? Example: Journal Transaction Transaction Audit Trail Entry Type Reference Code 2,083 Standard Adj Aug Interest GLTRX0000318 Account Description **DISTRIBUTION REFERENCE** Debit Credit 000-1000-000 Interest Exp Book interest to actual xx xx ...

General Query Search
I have a table with countless records of customers. There are about 15 fields, that I need to search individually. When needing to search for customers, I need to be able to put in as little information as possible to bring up their record. I have the queries set up for each field, but it will not bring up the record based on the minimal amount of information. When working for another company that had a database like this set up, we were required to use astericks on either side of the information we were inputting in the query field. What do I need to do in order to get this done? In...

Reconciling Sales Ledger / General Ledger / Cashbook back to General Ledger
We suspect some postings have failed and have a variance between our cash book & GL. Can anyone help us with a report we can run to check this on a frequent basis. I'm trying to investigate the Reports menu. We are very new to Great Plains and could do with the assistance! Many Thanks, Nick Hi Nick, We have a product that is an add on to the Bank Reconciliation Module of Great Plains. This is called easyebankrec and it is used to do electronic reconciliation. Furthermore, as an add on the the electronic reconcile feature, we have added reconciliations among your Cash Book, an...

Query General
Hi. I have two tables Table1 Name Serial Date John 01-01-2010 Tony 11-02-2010 Table2 Name Serial Date John 05-04-2009 John 06-08-2009 John 01-01-2010 Tony 11-02-2010 Tony 11-02-2010 I want is to assign the serial against each name starting from 1 in table2 according to date in ascending order and the max serial should be assigned against each name in Table1 i.e.. Table1 Name Serial Date John 3 01-01-2010 Tony 2 11-02-2010 Table2 Name Serial Date John 1 5-4-2009 John 2 6-8-2009 John 3 1-1-2010 Tony 1 11-2-2010 To...

general.vista
I was subscribed to a general.vista newsgroup, but it disappeared. This is the only other microsoft newsgroup I am subscribed. Where can I ask questions about vista? emf -- It ain't THAT, babe! - A radical reinterpretation https://files.nyu.edu/emf202/public/bd/itaintmebabe.html Microsoft is closing down their Usenet server. All groups will be closed by sometime in October, but that only applies to the msnews server. If you want to continue to use MS groups on Usenet, most other servers still carry them. It's like a shared bulletin board. The Microsoft copy ...

Field "e-Mail" in ADUC "General Tab"
hy there, short question: what about the "e-Mail" filed in the active-directory-users-and-computers-snapin at the "general tab"? what is the funcionality of this field? does exchange need this field, or is this only nice to have? why do i have to fill out this field? what will happen, when i change the value of this field? must there be the same e-mail-address like in the "e-mail-adresses" tab? what if, when there is an other e-mail adress like in "e-mail-adresses"? thanks in advance for any help, links, hints, answers. greets daniel Hi Daniel, Do...

General Discussion Group Questions
1) Can I expand the thread & message panes for easier reading 2) Is there a quick way to locate a specific thread I'm following when I get back into Office Discussion Groups (e.g., is there a "reference #" or "post time" that I can display for each thread)? If not, recommendations Thank you Anita Use a real newsreader as opposed to the CDO at MS support site. Windows come with one (Outlook Express), that way you can flag messages and delete etc.. -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Anita" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D9A...

General Comment
Dear all, After posting several messages through this forum, For my particular purpose, i want to use Ms Project Server for both a Workflow management and a planning monitoring. I wanted for a user to be as simple as possible to update task progress and precise forecast in case of delay with the field "End". Moreover, not having a full dedicated planer or PM, i have tried to automize as much as possible valdiation "automaticaly update taks" but there were the publish issue which i solved. The Last issue were related to the slippage between one project to the o...

Is there any way to make the format (General, Number, Text) of the cells visible?
Is there any way to make the format (General, Number, Text) of the cells visible? I always have to rightclick > Format to check it. Bart Ex2003 Hi Bart There's a way to create a formula to display the number format using an XLM4 macro function: 1. Go Insert>Name>Define and name the formula you are about to create something like NumFmt (you have to do it this 'indirect' way when using XLM4 macros) and in the refers to box type: =GET.CELL(7,OFFSET(INDIRECT("RC",FALSE),0,-1)) and click OK. 2. Now this formula can be used in any worksheets in this workbook a...

General Question
Hi, Is this website dedicated to the Microsoft POS or a more general one If not then does anyone know of such newsgroup? Thank you, Samuel Thank you, Samuel "Terrible Tom" <tomg@GOFISHrobysfurniture.com> wrote in message news:785C4492-7E1F-46AE-B8A8-ECA4AAF3C63A@microsoft.com... > It's as close as you'll get, I think. > > This group is for MS RMS (which has a POS component to it) and MS POS. > > RMS has been around longer and has a larger customer base at present, so > most of the topics are RMS-oriented. Many of the frequent posters here &g...

how do i edit my general address
I want to edit my own address under the general tab in outlook. Cannot figure out how to accomplish this. Help, please. be228 <be228@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I want to edit my own address under the general tab in outlook. Cannot >figure out how to accomplish this. Help, please. WHAT "general tab"? ...