Further timesheet calculation

Frank, you are my absolute hero, I have been trying for ages to sort that one
out
(see question Timesheet Calculation, Richard Burrow) I new it would be
something simple like that.

I now have a further question however.

I have set the formatted the cell to show the hours worked as a number for
example:

Start time      Finish Time     Total Time
8:45 AM        9:00 AM          0.25

It is showing the time worked as 0.25 I appreciate that 0.25 represents a
quater of 1, but I want it to display the results as a quater of an hour i.e
0.15
how would this be achieved.

Hi
then use the formula
=A2-A1
and format this as time
it will show as 00:15

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

"RichardBurrow" <RichardBurrow@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:A2569B53-5029-4F1B-9D2F-04C51D1B4C45@microsoft.com...
> Frank, you are my absolute hero, I have been trying for ages to sort
that one
> out
> (see question Timesheet Calculation, Richard Burrow) I new it would
be
> something simple like that.
>
> I now have a further question however.
>
> I have set the formatted the cell to show the hours worked as a
number for
> example:
>
> Start time      Finish Time     Total Time
> 8:45 AM        9:00 AM          0.25
>
> It is showing the time worked as 0.25 I appreciate that 0.25
represents a
> quater of 1, but I want it to display the results as a quater of an
hour i.e
> 0.15
> how would this be achieved.

0
frank.kabel (11126)

timesheet with OT
I am trying to make a simple timesheet, if I figure it out a little better I will expand it, that will add over time. I just want to add up the 7 days, cells A1-A7 and put that total in cell A9 {=SUM(A1:A7)} in cell A10 I would like it to not do anything until columns A1-A7 go over 40, I would then like the number 40 to stay at 40 in cell A9 then put anything over that in cell A10{=SUMIF(A9,">40")-40} sort of like this. Is their a way to keep the "-40" in cell A10 "invisable" until it goes over 0? And to stop the 40 in cell A9 from going over 40? Thanks. ...

Calculating totals by month from whole date
I'm trying to figure out the proper calculation to pull totals by dat in Excel. Here's my problem: I have a workbook with 2 worksheets; one is the main data, the other i the statistics from the main data. Within the main data, there is column titled "date paid" and another column titled "total paid" (ther are a bunch more columns, but they don't matter for this problem). Th "date paid" column will contain dates such as 1/1/04, 5/15/04 etc. O the stats page, I have columns titled for each month of the year an would like each to include how much was pa...

format a cell for a timesheet
What format should I use if I want the time sheet to show totals in quarter hours such as 8:25 instead of 8:15. The current format is [H]:mm and it's returning the 8:15 but I want it to return 8:25 Thank you Louis Louis, In an adjacent column, use = A1*24 and format to dec places. You will get 8.25, not 8:25, but is that okay? -- HTH Bob Phillips ... looking out across Poole Harbour to the Purbecks (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Louis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:3e9a01c3fe02$2f54c460$a101280a@phx....

pace calculator
How do I caluclate running pace? Calculation is Nb of Minutes / Km (or Miles) but it always return a number in base 60 If you've entered the time as a time (i.e. Excel recognizes it as such), it's stored as a fraction of a day. With the time in A1 and the distance in A2, the formula to get Minutes/Distance is =A1*1440/A2. 1440 is the number of minutes in a day. On Sat, 25 Sep 2004 20:01:01 -0700, "Lise" <Lise@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I caluclate running pace? Calculation is Nb of Minutes / Km (or Miles) >but it always return a number in base 6...

Error in Excel Calculations?
A1 is 0.69 A2 is 0.64 A3 is =A1-A2 A4 is 0.05 A5 is =IF(A4=A3,"Yes","No") In A5 you should get "Yes" but I get "No". I get "No" for the following as well in A1 and A2: A1 is 0.70 A1 is 0.71 A1 is 0.72 A1 is 0.73 A2 is 0.65 A2 is 0.66 A2 is 0.67 A2 is 0.68 I get "Yes" for the following in A1 and A2: A1 is 0.67 A1 is 0.68 A1 is 0.74 A1 is 0.75 A2 is 0.62 A2 is 0.63 A2 is 0.69 A2 is 0.70 If you take the number in A3 to 16 decimal places or more you can see that 0.05 becomes 0.0499999999...

Calculated data on Data Entry form
This is a generic problem I seem to have. I have a Details subform (datasheet), where I wish to enter data as well as view it. But also for each line (record) of the subform, there is corresponding calculated/queried data. I can create a query to provide this calculated/queried data, but then I can't add new data. Is there a way to do this, preferably at query level? I thought of using two side-by-side forms, but I'm sure there must be a better method! Or basing the form on the table and using DLookup to bring in the queried data? I'd like to do it just with a query if poss...

do not graph zero calculated values.
On the web page: http://office.microsoft.com/en-ca/assistance/HP051992231033.aspx The forth point (Control the way empty cells are plotted in a chart) is kind of what I'm looking for, but this solution above does not help my situation. We have a formula in the cell, and do not want it to plot that portion if the returned value is "zero". Please post a solution. Thanks! ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pan...

calculate age in query
In that order - years, months, days =DateDiff("mmddyyyy",[BirthDate],Now())+(Format([BirthDate],"mmddyyyy")>Format(Now(),"mmddyyyy")) I got the above from a post but when I try it I get #Error Help Janet DateDiff will not accept mmddyyyy as a parameter. As well, you don't want to include yyyy in the Format statements: all you're trying to do is determine whether or not the birthday has occurred yet this year: =DateDiff("yyyy",[BirthDate],Now())+(Format([BirthDate],"mmdd")>Format(Now(),"mmdd")) -- Doug Steele, Mi...

how to calculate e^2 in excel
if i writte simply e^2 for instance, although the upper part is a formula, i will have a name error, how to write the expression e^2? =EXP(2) Carlos "sif" <sif@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:049A376E-8D6C-459F-9A2B-5304751AC470@microsoft.com... > if i writte simply e^2 for instance, although the upper part is a formula, i > will have a name error, how to write the expression e^2? Hi =EXP(1)^2 "sif" wrote: > if i writte simply e^2 for instance, although the upper part is a formula, i > will have a name error, how to write the exp...

Hide rows in a calculated field in a pivot table (Excel XP)
Hello In a pivot table I have a calculated field with a formula like this: =Estimate2 - Estimate1. A lot of the items in this calculated field is 0. Question: How can I automatically hide all these rows? I am aware of the Table Options dialog box and the "For empty cells, show", but this doesn't seem to work in a calculated field. If possible I want to avoid having the calculation of Estimate1-Estimate2 in my data range. Hans Knudsen ...

how to avoid import timesheet in timesheet approval process
when the team member submitted timesheet to the timesheet manager and timesheet manager approved this timesheet and then team member go to My Tasks page and import timesheet and then submitted to the Project Manager. Is it possible that team member dont need to import timesheet . if timesheet manager approved timesheet then timesheet will go to project manager directly. how it is possible ? and what is the reason behind this to import timesheet and then send to the project manager. Sam -- No, this is not possible. The best you can do for your organization is to elimina...

Calculation for an Access Report
I have a unique calculation I need to produce and have the results appear on an Access Report. I need to take the value of a value in a column and essentially do the following: if the value in the column is 15 - 20, assign a point value of 1 if the value in the column is 21 - 25, assign a point value of 2 if the value of the column is 26 - 30, assign a point value of 3 The column value will appear on the Access Report regardless, and I need the point value to appear as well. How would I perform this calculation in Access? I know in Excel I can perform it with the LOOKUP command. I should h...

Importing Timesheets process
I am creating a recport for the managers to show who haven't imported their timesheets yet. I see that in the TimesheetActula the hours are there as soon as they are approved by the manager. Where in the Reporting db I can find data that gets updated when Importe occurs? Thank u much laguna, check in the projectServer_reporting DB MSP_TimesheetActual_OlapView "laguna" wrote: > I am creating a recport for the managers to show who haven't imported their > timesheets yet. I see that in the TimesheetActula the hours are there as soon > as they a...

calculate date difference
hi, i have a begin date and an end date, i need 2 drag tasks from a stencil onto the page and place it between these dates. i need to calculate the datetime a specific task is positioned at. my units of measure is visyards. I'm assuming, i have to convert my endX & beginX values to visdate to calculate the date value. any directions as to where i can start or eg. pls thanks wouldn't it be easier to just use the timeline functions in the project schedule templates? al "j-in-uk" <jessnair@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1133997102.957608.18340@g47g2000cwa.goo...

Date Calculation problem
Hello, I have a work sheet with "JIRA" priority levels and dates the JIRA was created. Each priority leve allows a certain number of days to be complete the JIRA. I need to be able to figure out if we resolved the JIRA within the allotted number of days, excluding: 1. weekends 2. holidays I have tried to use the NETWORKDAYS() function, but I cannot use this function because I do not know the due date of the JIRA. I used the weekday function to add days for weekends and come up with the actual due date....but this does not take holidays into account. ...

PA-Timesheet
Hi All, We are not using the GP payroll module. PA is installed. i want to track the employees expenses in a project. but for that i need to create employee in payroll. Is there a way that i can create employee with out having a payroll module something like non inventoried items. The employee data is being maintained in another software. Can i pull the data from the third party software to PA? any help would be appreciated. Regards Reddy ...

Calculating hours in a column
I have a simple spreadsheet that totals the hours from start to end time ie a1+a2. However when I try to calculate total hours in a column ie sum(L2:L36), the answer is not correct. What am I doing wrong? Thanks - Dave Use custom format [hh]:mm that way the hours will not start over again after 24 -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Dasco" <cadasco@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:58abfsF2fheq1U1@mid.individual.net... >I have a simple spreadsheet that totals the hours from start to end time ie >a1+a2. However when I try to calculate total hours in a column ie >s...

Calculated result in query problem
I have written a query (using SQL) that has in it a calculated field which in itself uses a subquery to perfrom a sum() function of a list of values. When I view the query results directly, the returned values are calculated correctly. I then have a report that uses this query as the data source. When I display this calculated result in the report, it is wrong. It is always a larger number in the report than in the query, as though it were being multiplied by some factor. The report does nothing fancy but display the results from the query. Has anyone else experienced this phenomenon? F...

Distance calculations
I am trying to get a formula to produce a distance in feet Example: A B C X corrd y corrd 1 6806.9 1680.62 2 7243.67 1509.92 (Dist. Between a1 & a2) 3 6751.07 1319.53 (Dist. Between a2 & a3) The numbers are X & Y Coordinates for devices in a CAD program. I have a formula that I was trying: (ABS(A1-A2)+ABS(B3-B2))/12) But the results don’t match to the distance in the CAD drawing. Or, are my math skills that bad??? Assuming Column A is the "X" coordinates of points and Column B is the "Y&...

calculations not right....
in my report i have Qty, UP2, and NetAmount. NetAmount =[Qty]*[UP2] my [Qty] is = 5 my [UP2] is = 170.86 now when my NetAmount comes up is says 854.32, when it should be 854.30....... why is this? I have [UP2] format set to $#,##0.00;($#,##0.00); with decimal places set to 2. NetAmount =Nz([Qty],0)*Nz([UP2],0) Currency, Decimal set to 2..... I cant figure this out... -- Message posted via AccessMonster.com http://www.accessmonster.com/Uwe/Forums.aspx/access-reports/200711/1 What "format" you are using has little/nothing to do with how the data is stored. What are the unde...

calculate 150% of a value
Hi all.. im a bit of a newbie .. can anyone help me with this? Im making a spreadsheet that has a dollar amount in the second column. The third column has to calculate 150 % of the the value from the second column. I have to calculate this for each row in the column. How can I do this? Can someone point me in the right direction? Thanks! Type this in C1: =B1*1.5 And using the little box on the bottom right corner of that cell outliner, drag down the column. You could double click on that "autofill" button and it'll go until it finds a gap in the adjacent column. Anot...

Timesheet
I want to make a timesheet which can calculate my income. Have found severals, but not what I'm looking for. I want to be able to input my starting, 11:55, and ending 12:00. Then I want the timesheet to calculate that I have been at work for 5 mins. Have only found for whole hours, not like 11:27 - 15:53. Any help appreciated! The lack of answers makes me think that I must be misreading your question. With your start time in B2 amd the end in C2 then surely =C2-B2 formated as time will give you the answer you want. If you want to sum all the individual times and they are likely ...

calculated field in new line sometimes gives an error
Strange... I have a form in datasheet view with 5 numerik fields. I added an extra calculated field to sum the 5 numerik fields. This all goes ok. The 5 fields have a default value of 0, so the "new line" row contains 5 zero's with are summed as 0. When entering a new line, the "new" new line that instantly appears gives an error on the calculated field (#Error). This does NOT always happen. Sometimes it does, sometimes it calculates 0 ???????? What might be causing this? -- Patrick Patrick, Sounds like you have a null in there from time to time....

timesheet
Does anyone know a good way of creating a timesheet for 20 employees where employee names are in a drop down list. Also so that i can have weeks 1 - 4 on the left hand side, and th months at the top of the page in a drop down list, anyone know of an better ideas? The timesheet should display clock in and clock ou times, and the hours worked (deducting the clock out from the cloc in..) etc. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi as a starting point: http://j-walk.com/ss/excel/files/timesht.htm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "adn4n >" <<adn4n.151...

calculating volume
I am getting very frustrated with trying to put the formula for calculating the volume of a solid cone and was wondering if anyone can help me. I can do it on paper but can't seem to get it to work in excel! I have installed the analylis tool pack to give me all the SQRT functions etc I do have one criteria that is constant and that is the height of the cone shape which will always be 10cm. So I would like to enter the first circumference in cell A1 and then the second circumference in cell B1 and get the answer in C1 (allowing for the height to always be 10cm). I.E. circ1= 25cm circ2=...