Function/Formatting

Have  a spreadsheet with a range of numbers(for ref the last 30 lotter
draws) in cells A1:g31.   What I would like is - if a number is entere
in say cell m2, a formula or conditional format that would highligh
that number in the range.  Is it possible?

Thanking everyone in advance.  Scap

One way, select A1:G31 with A1 as the active cell (if you start selecting
from A1 it will be active)
or select it by typing A1:A31 in the name box above the row headers
Now do format conditional formatting, formula is

=A1=$M$2

click the format button and select patterns and maybe a red colour
click OK twice

--

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Scapa" <Scapa.xmapa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Have  a spreadsheet with a range of numbers(for ref the last 30 lottery
> draws) in cells A1:g31.   What I would like is - if a number is entered
> in say cell m2, a formula or conditional format that would highlight
> that number in the range.  Is it possible?
>
> Thanking everyone in advance.  Scapa

terre081 (3244)
11/28/2003 7:01:13 PM
Scapa,

Yes it is with conditional formatting

Select A1:G31
Goto menu Format>Conditional Formatting
Change Condition 1 to Formula Is
Add the Formula =A1=$M$2
Click the format button
Select the pattern tab
Choose a colour
OK
OK

--

HTH

Bob Phillips

"Scapa" <Scapa.xmapa@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Have  a spreadsheet with a range of numbers(for ref the last 30 lottery
> draws) in cells A1:g31.   What I would like is - if a number is entered
> in say cell m2, a formula or conditional format that would highlight
> that number in the range.  Is it possible?
>
> Thanking everyone in advance.  Scapa

bob.phillips1 (6510)

ROUND Function with other function
Hi, I have this formula: =IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8) and the results shows me for example: +11.6 but what I really want t show is +12. I've been trying to put the "Round" function at a few places in th formula but it doesn't work. The closest I got was with this formula: =ROUND(IF(R8>0,CONCATENATE("+",R8),R8),0) where it showed me 12, without the "+" sign before.... Can anyone help me ? Thank -- Outapi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Outapin's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member...

Excel 2007
In Excel 2003, one could select a cell, highlight a part of the contained text string and then right-clidk and format text. I could get underlining, bold, font, color, etc. For some reason, with Excel 2007, I can do the same, but when I hit the enter button, the formatting disappears. It reappears if I select the cell and press F2. Is there some setting that I have missed? ...

Returning a range from an inner function
I have a range of data, which has had the DOLLAR() function performed on it. I would like to get the total of this range using the SUM() function. doing SUM(F1:F4) will not work, so I need to convert the data into values that will work. The VALUE() function is perfect for converting the data into values that will work for SUM(), but the formula SUM(VALUE(F1:F4)) does not work because VALUE() will not accept a range as a parameter (and also does not return a range). I need to perform the VALUE() function on each cell before submitting it to SUM(). There must be some way to do this, cons...

Translating Query formatting
I have a query that is set up to display records ordered by plan date then by start date. When I use the query in a report, it doesn't appear to sort the records. Is there a way to make the report format the results the same as the query? Thanks, Dragon Reports should always be sorted using the Sorting and Grouping dialog in Report Design. The order in the query often has no effect on the order in the report. -- Duane Hookom Microsoft Access MVP "Dragon" wrote: > I have a query that is set up to display records ordered by plan date then by >...

Conditional Formatting
Is it possible to format a portion of a text string within a cell (as opposed to the entire cell). For example, I would like to format the word 'gift' in red font anywhere it a appears in range C2:C417 but only that word, not the entire cell. Not with conditional formatting. But you could change the actual format for that word (or group of characters)... Saved from a previous post (or two!): If you want to change the color of just the characters, you need VBA in all versions. You want a macro???? Option Explicit Option Compare Text Sub testme() Application.ScreenUpdating ...

JustifyString function problem
Hi, I'm using the "JustifyString" function (from Stephan Lebans) to right justify three columns in a ListBox. Two of them are working fine ... one's a simple number (long integer) and the other's currency. The third causes an Access 2003 crash! That third column is a long integer which is a link to the autonumber field in another table. Both tables are in the query as I need columns from both tables in the ListBox. If I change the JustifyString to reference the autonumber field in the other table, I still get an Access crash. I didn't review the Access er...

automating functions
I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and automatically assign a new case to the least busy CSR. Any input would be appreciated. Thanks in advance Jim Please tell me what I would have to do and with what tools in order to create such a workflow process. "jmb" wrote: > I am a complete novice at CRM 1.2, but want to be able to create, for > example, a workflow process that will monitor the CSR's and the queues and > automatically assign a new case to the lea...

Help Conditional Formatting
Help: I'm using conditional formatting on some cells to highlight particular values. The conditional formatting on 2003 only allows 3 levels of conditional formatting. Anyone know if there is a way to increase the number of levels? Thanks for any advice. -- Dab Cut off: yourhead to respond Hi conditional format only accepts 3 conditions though you have a fourth if you include the default format. If you only want to apply different FONT colors based on NUMBERS, you can define up to 6 different styles. See: http://www.mcgimpsey.com/excel/conditional6.html for instructions how to do...

Master Document: Separate Style Formatting in Subdocumnets
My book reading says that when you incorporate a subdocument into a master document that the style formatting gets overridden when you view the subdocument in the master document. I would like to know if it is possible to have each subdocument preserve its own style formatting outside the header/footer? Why would you do this and create inconsistent formatting? Glad you asked. The reason is I need to incorporate documents as appendices that need to be formatted as they originally were done. The inconsistency is not an issue --but rather a benefit as it shows they did come from a ...

Date in numeric format
I am trying to format dates in a spreadsheet. These dates are in a mixed format. They change to a five digit format (for e.g. 06/03/2005 is represnted by a five digit no. - 38417). I am unable to sort the date because it is not in the correct format even if I change it to date. Is there any way I can convert these numbers back to the date format therefore allowing me to sort them. Mnay thanks in advance -- Message posted via http://www.officekb.com Dates are just numbers with a special representation in the spreadsheet. Sorting should work regardless of how they are formatted. -- HTH Bo...

Returning a CHAR[] from a function
I have the following function that returns the path of where the program was run from. However I cant seem to return the butter as a CHAR. The code works if I use it in a procedure but not where I need to return the variable CHAR buffer. char CAutoRunDlg::GetProgramPath(void) { char buffer[_MAX_PATH]; //declares maimum path //opens window maximized //_getcwd(,)gets the current working directory // #include <direct.h> //needed for current working directory /* Get the current working directory: */ if( _getcwd( buffer, _MAX_PATH ) == NULL ) perror( "_getcwd error" )...

How To Get Excel To Stop Auto-Formatting my Column Data Types
Hi: I'm using Excel 2003. Anyone know how to get it to stop automatically choosing a data type for my columns? Some of its automatic features are nice but its auto data type sometimes gets in the way. Example, I run a program which exports data to Excel. The data contains fractions such as 5/6 and 6/6. When I open the newly-created Excel file, Excel converts those fractions to dates such as May 6 and June 6. If I could get to the worksheet ahead of time, I would format the column as text. But it's too late by the time I look at the worksheet and converting to text after Excel co...

problems with printing format for excel table in Publisher 2003
I took my Publisher 98 file with an Excel table, and loaded it into MS Publisher 2003. When I print out the page with the table, all the formatting lines of the table print, and I cannot find anywhere to get rid of them. It did not print them in Publisher 98. None of the autoformat options or border options on the task bar help. Any suggestions? Hi kuris, Best to change the Excel beforehand to remove both borders and gridlines, i would think. The round tripping aspects of Office leave a bit to be desired and one is usually much more comfortable in one Office application. The place ...

comment format
How does one set the default comment format (font, etc)? I hope I will succeed in translation - as my OS UI is in Hebrew. * Right click on an empty place in your DeskTop > 'Properties...' * Click the View [or is it display] Tab > 'Advanced' * Open the "Item" Combo-box and scroll down and click the "Tool Description' > choose the font SIZE > OK > OK. *** I don't think that changing the font type and/or color will affect the Comments in Excel. *** Pay attention that this procedure will change all *** There is no problem to write...

Turning Off Error Reporting using API Functions and VB
We want to automatically turn off the error reporting options using Windows API functions for the following functions area Click on Start, Settings, Control Panel, System, the Advanced tab and Error Reporting (at the bottom of the screen), which launches the Error Reporting screen. Another way to get to that screen: Open My Computer, right-click on Properties, click on Advanced tab and Error Reporting. Any assistance would be welcome. It's not a program's call. It's the user's decision. --=20 -------------------------------------------------------------------------= --...

Complex functions
Hi All, Suppose you have a very complex and long function that is also subject to a condition, then you will/can have something like: =if(condition(complex function), complex function, other complex function) It can have more lines in the formula bar, so readability below 0 Kelvin. Is there a way to 'name' a function? =If(condition(myfunc = complex function), myfunc, other complex function) With kind regards, JP Yes you can put a formula into an Excel Name (the same as you can give a range an Excel Name. Very powerful it can be too. Do a Google fo...

Match Function
Hi, I have put together a spreadsheet to find codes, states, descriptions. It finds the data by dates. Columns are: Dates, Codes, States, Descriptions If I put in a date it matches the code, state and description. My problem is that if I have 2 dates that are the same it will only match the first date it can find. What kind of formula do I need so that it will output the second or third date data. Thanks for your help. If you need a copy of the spreadsheet please let me know. How many rows of data do you have? -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "Melanie" <Melanie@discussio...

copy formatted text
When copying text from Word that contains an if/then argument, as well as mail merge fields, all formatting is lost. Paste special does not appear to work for this, either. What am I doing wrong? I'm using Pub 2003, Word 2000, and Win XP. Thanks, JR Percy Cousins wrote: > When copying text from Word that contains an if/then argument, as well as > mail merge fields, all formatting is lost. Paste special does not appear to > work for this, either. What am I doing wrong? I'm using Pub 2003, Word 2000, > and Win XP. This is not supported in Publisher. -- Brian Kv...

Report Formatting Problems
We're trying to design our invoices to fit our preprinted forms (we would do it the other way around, but we have 10 cases of invoice paper left!) and I'm having difficulty with Report Writer. I'm wondering if someone can help: 1) Is it possible to change the font of a field OTHER then changing the DPI of the whole report? 2) Is it possible to wrap a field, such as the Long Description field, so that it will fit in a fixed width column? I am perplexed that there is not more functionality in the report design in a Microsoft product such as this. Thanks for any tips y...

format cell problem
Hi, I do not arrive to create this personalized format who is responding to these 3 conditions (number is displayed in percentage). 1) if < 0 the colour must be red 2) if < 10 the value must be replaced by "NS" 3) if > 10 then value must be replace by "NS" the only think have found is : [<+10]"NS";[Red]-0,0%;0,0% with this format steps1,3 are ok but impossible to integrate step 2 is anybody can help me !! it's important for me.. thanks in advance Alex One way: [Red][<=0]0.0%;"NS" Note that you didn't specify what sh...

If Function Function
okay. So I am trying to workout a formula to compute a commision earning. Basically, if X amount of new business is made, then X*Y (corresponding Commision rate percentage), but if new business =<X, then X*Y (Commision rate percentage that is true). Problem is, it's super confusing...anyone have any suggestions? See if this helps: http://mcgimpsey.com/excel/variablerate.html -- Biff Microsoft Excel MVP "aetejada" <aetejada@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:AA4E55F7-9435-4BB6-837A-416A59BB72A0@microsoft.com... > okay. So I am...

Outlook 2002 Change Password function
I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but it does noet seem to work. Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 Important: Outlook client is not member of the domain... There are not many Microsoft Articles about this. Anyone? -- Regards, Menko den Ouden Netherlands Menko den Ouden schreef in deze nieuwsgroep op 23-6-2005 15:28: > I want users to be able to change password from the Outlook Login Page, but > it does noet seem to work. > > Outlook 2002 Sp1 and Windows Server 2003 (AD) and Exchange 2003 SP1 > ...

DateDiff function throwing error in Where clause
I have a set of queries that generate dates and want to use DateDiff to select those records with certain dates are greater than others. The following clause keeps giving me an incompatible data type error: WHERE DateDiff('d',[From date],[DatumStvoreni])>0 I have the exact expression in the SELECT clause and it show positive and negative integers just fine, but when I add this test, I get the error. There are no bad values in the dataset, I've looked, and when I export the DateDiff column to a temp table and run a query on that, it works fine. Only when I use t...

cell format problems
Hi, Using Excel 2002. I am having trouble finding the right cell format to paste a number into that I get off of normal html web page. The problem is that I lose the leading zeros The number may be like this 0083045 so I cut and then past and what I get is 83045 I have tried many cell formatting styles and it doesn't work. Thanks, - Jeff Atom -------------------------------------------------------------- Hi Jeff, One way is format the cell as custom 0000000 HTH Martin Thanks, I did that, but it worked one way and not the other Did work put in number 0083045 whi...

timing a function
Good Morning All, I've writen an MFC C++ application, under VC++6.0 . How can I check how much time it takes for a specific function to complete? I need to know how many miliseconds one of my function call takes. Thanks very much in advance, Dudu Arbel If your accuracy requirement is in ms - use GetTickCount. -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "dududuil" <dududuil@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C0167B90-33D2-4A4F-A73D-DC4EBEF81946@microsoft.com... > Good Morning All, > > I've writen an MFC C++ ...