Frozen worksheet section to show on all other worksheets

I have created a "Navigation" tab that has buttons using macros that take you
to all the other tabs in my workbook.  I used VBA code to hide all my tabs
except for the Navigation one.  This way I can click on button that take you
to the tab but its all seamless to the viewer and makes it more like a
dashboard.

The problem is that I have to keep going back to the dashboard to choose
another tab or add all the buttons to every tab.

Is there a way to permanently split the windows or show that appropriate
area of the navigation page at the top of every tab so i have all those
buttons at the top and can just click on the button to go to the tab?

Appreciate any help you can offer?

Steve

How about a sheet navigation toolbar from Dave Peterson?

http://www.contextures.on.ca/xlToolbar01.html

Or Bob Phillips' Browsesheets macro which I like best, but that's me<g>

See this google search result.  All one line for the URL

http://groups.google.com/group/microsoft.public.excel.worksheet.functions/browse_frm/thread/935f5e174087f636/02c19464f875bd25?lnk=st&q=&rnum=1#02c19464f875bd25

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 18 Feb 2010 09:32:01 -0800, Steve <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>I have created a "Navigation" tab that has buttons using macros that take you
>to all the other tabs in my workbook.  I used VBA code to hide all my tabs
>except for the Navigation one.  This way I can click on button that take you
>to the tab but its all seamless to the viewer and makes it more like a
>dashboard.
>
>The problem is that I have to keep going back to the dashboard to choose
>another tab or add all the buttons to every tab.
>
>Is there a way to permanently split the windows or show that appropriate
>area of the navigation page at the top of every tab so i have all those
>buttons at the top and can just click on the button to go to the tab?
>
>Appreciate any help you can offer?

0
Gord

Frozen rows
I have created a workbook that has three frozen rows at the top of the page. Is there a way to start numbering the rows below those 3 first. I.E. XDate XJim Glass huts XSales record ---------- 1 2 3 For appearance sake.............................. You can enter =ROW(-3) in A4 then copy down. Then uncheck Tools>Options>View>Row and Column Headers. BUT for the sake of formulas, A4 is still A4 no matter that it says 1. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:20:00 -0800, Old_skills_lost <Oldskillslost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a work...

combining data from multiple worksheets
I am trying to combine data from multiple worksheets within the same workbook. I have 5 worksheets that are exact copies of each other. One clolumn is labeled "defect numbers". User are able to record multiple defect numbers within each row. Example sheet1, row1 = 897, 990 sheet2, row1 = 995 sheet3, row1 = 998, 1001, 1012 sheet4, row1 = empty Worksheet 5 is the summary sheet where I would like to display all the data from sheets 1-4 on the form like this: Sheet5, row1 = 897, 990, 995, 998, 1001, 1012 Here's what I have tried so far =State1!$H$3:$H$51&State2!$H$3:$H$...

COPY WORKSHEET REFERENCING ISSUES
I have been seething and searching in 'super' frustration at MS recently. I need to copy worksheets (within a workbook) with numerous equations and charts, all referenced within the sheet itself, and to no other sheet. When I use by bro's Office 2003 SP2 Excel, the copied sheet references itself = perfect! Now I can modified the data within the cells of the new worksheet, making new updated charts. life's good. When I use Office 2007 on my desktop, all of the graphs in the newly copied worksheet, reference the original worksheet. Now the chart has to be selected, and every i...

frozen transactions
MS Money 2004 Windows XP with SP2 I have two transactions (disbursements) that show up in italics in the journal listing and can not be edited or deleted. The originated at Electronic Payments (Epays) that were saved as drafts because my bank was down. When I later went back and tried to submit the payments I got an error message. I deleted the payments from the page where you submit the payments but they did not go away from the journal listing. The little envelope indicating that they are electron pays did go away. Further the date has passed and the payments were not made elect...

worksheet content changes based on another worksheet?
Because my data is too long horizontally, I thought it would be easier to read by moving some to a new worksheet. The data would be visible without scrolling. I didn't copy and paste but used = to the cell of the old worksheet. This works fine if I don't change too much, but it won't work if I: insert delete, rows, sort the data (= changed the order) Then the new one does not update and messed up completely. I think I may not use it the right way. What is best way to solve my problem? Thanks for the help, liu Make sure that BOTH spreadsheets are open when the source is being ...

idata section in PE file not found
hi! though analyzing an exe file that uses several dlls and imported functions i am not able to find a idata section within the file. is there any other way to determine which dlls are used by the exe file programatically? thanks, philipp Phillip, take a look at my answer re: writing a custom debugger for your original post on 9 July 2004. While this may sound difficult its not too bad, just a bit time consuming. But before you embark on this, check out the privileges needed to debug a process - if I recall correctly, if you start the process your self, then you do not need special p...

Frozen Panes and Visible Graphs...Marti
Thanks for reading. I use Excel 2003 up-to-date. I have a spreadsheet with headers in the first 4 rows, dates in column A, and data starting in B5 - S5 across and down to row 297. I have frozen the pane at B5 so I can see the headers and dates. Columns A-S take up about 2/3 of my screen across. I'd like to put some summary data and graphs in the remaining 1/3, but have them visible on the screen no matter where I am in the rows, from 5 to 297 - does that make sense? So, can I, for example, put the graphs and summary data in U7 - X20 and have it "magically" in U100 - U 114 ...

Calendar one time appointments all show up as recurring into infin
If someone sends me a calendar appointment for Monday at 10:00 and I respond OK, the appointment shows up on my calendar every Monday until the end of time. Other staff that receive the same appointment do not have this problem. We are using Office 2007 and are running Vista. How can I fix this problem?!!! Are you using a Dell computer? See http://www.slipstick.com/problems/recurringmeetings.htm -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailyti...

slides not showing on left in preview mode/when you hit play
Helping someone out. It is set to extended desktop in preview. When we click play show, the big slides will show but the slides on the left are all blank (white) but when you click to go to the next one they will play? Tried changing the graphis options with no luck. Also I noticed that the save command is grayed out and the icon is. It has a detachable toolbar that play or save to web just below the standard tool bar? Not sure if this is affecting the output? thanks I am not quite fully aware of the whole problem. Nevertheless, based on my understading, I think that the main ...

Autonumber not showing up in a StyleRef
My document includes dictionary style headers that provide a quick reference point for readers to know what topic is being discussed on any given page. The headers were created by inserting a "StyleRef" field which works great. My problem comes from the fact that the style heading being referenced is autonumbered throughout the document, and it is critical that the numbering be reflected in my header. I've seemingly tried all of the settings, but I can't get the autonumber to show up in the header...only the text will show. Manually inserting the numbers b...

How do I show complete and incomplete tasks differently?
On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:24:00 -0700, RMGK <RMGK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I show complete and incomplete tasks differently? You change the fill colour of the task bar if the task is not completed. Just select the task shape (not the box behind it) and set the new fill colour. That could be automated but, sorry, I have no time to look into that at the moment. -- Regards, Paul Herber, Sandrila Ltd. Electronics for Visio http://www.electronics.sandrila.co.uk/ On Wed, 23 Apr 2008 16:24:00 -0700, RMGK <RMGK@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do ...

right click anywhere in message body shows signature option
right click anywhere in message body shows signature option instead of edit option. I am not sure how to explain this but I will try in hope someone will be able to help. Open a new email to write. You know how in the body of an email message there are a few lines empty and then there is the signature. Sometimes I am typing an email and I need to right click on the text to do something and I get the signature right click option. Basically Outlook thinks that the email message that I have typed is all in the signature section of the page. I try to scroll up to even the ver...

Splash screen shows flashing cursor
When I enter text in a UserForm, upon execution, the splash screen shows a blinking cursor at the end of the first row of text. I cannot seem to find a way of deleting the cursor. Are there any suggestions (and possible steps) up for suggestion? Thanks for any help that can be offered. Michael Typically, a splash screen is used to display introductory information for a few moment before the rest of the program is displayed. I assume you made a splash screen and use it as such. The blinking cursor only shows when there is a text entry control available. Normally, splash screens do no...

Change Color of Worksheet Tabs?
Excel 2003. Can I change the colors of the tabs along the bottom with worksheets names on them so they will stand out from one another? Thanks in advance... Bob Yes- Right click on the tab and select tab color. "Bob Newman" wrote: > Excel 2003. Can I change the colors of the tabs along the bottom with > worksheets names on them so they will stand out from one another? > > Thanks in advance... Bob > > > Had a play around found it must have something to do with the " N" (th leading space) If I take out the space it works, has VB not got a $ ...

Frozen message in Drafts box
With WLM on Windows 7, I have had 2 instances of a message in the Drafts box appearing to be frozen. I could not set the cursor into the existing type to edit. All I could do was highlight the type. Any ideas as to what might have caused this and how to get out of the situation would be welcome. In a related question, I have often gone back to a message in the Drafts box the original of which contained emoticons (smileys) and found the draft only contained placeholders (albeit with full description), but not the actual emoticons. How do I recover from this, without having to rein...

Show MSRP on receipt and price lookup in POS screen
On the receipt in RMS, there should be a way to show MSRP and the discount from MSRP. Cureently, if the item is $1.00 MSRP and the price is .90, the receipt will not show that a discount is given. Furthermore, if the item is discounted to .81, the receipt will show a 10% discount (from price), instead of the 19% discount (from MSRP). MSRP should also be shown on the POS screen when you select the Price field and press F2. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the &quo...

Ref cell in another worksheet
Hi All Sorry for the very basic question. I have several worksheets in a workbook and have named the first sheet 'Info'. This sheet holds such data as 'contract number' and 'user name'..... This data is required on all the other sheets but i would like to just reference the data from the 'Info' sheet What do i have to enter on the other sheets so that this info only has to be entered on the 'Info' sheet How do i reference this data/info from the 'Info' sheet in the header/footer of printed sheets Thanks for any/all help Sal Select the sheet...

Stacking worksheet tabs in a workbook
Is it possible to stack the worksheet tabs in a workbook ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com ~~View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com ~~Now Available: Financial Statements.xls, a step by step guide to creating financial statements No, you can only have a single row of sheet tabs. jerrygolfer wrote: > Is it possible to stack the worksheet tabs in a workbook? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html You can rightclick on the VCR like controls at ...

Having Two Excel Files Show At Same Time ?
Hi, Something must have changed, I guess. Running XP. Have two Excel file icons on my desktop. Never had any problem opening and showing both on the desktop, and being able to easily click on one or the other to edit. Now, it seems, I can only have one showing. As soon as I try to open up the other, the first totally disappears. What might have changed, or what am I doing wrong ? How do I get them both to show, again ? Thanks, Bob Menu Tools>Options>View and check Windows In Taskbar -- HTH Bob Phillips (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail i...

Frozen Message
We have a mesage that is frozen in our outbox and clogging our outlook. When we try to delete it we get an error message that the file cant be opened because it is already MAPI spooled. What do we do? If on a LAN line, configure Outlook to a manual connection, disconnect the network cable, restart the computer. Open Outlook, delete the message, reconfigure Outlook to LAN connection, exit Outlook, plug the network cable back in and restart the computer. If on a dial-up configure Outlook to a manual connection, close and reopen Outlook, delete the message, reconfigure Outlook back to send/...

Showing connection time
Had Outlook Express 6 on Windows 98SE. They use a local ISP versus web email. I have Windows Live Mail working fine with it. Online access is dial up as they are out in the country. On Outlook Express, it showed how many minutes online. Is there a way to turn this on in Live Mail so they know how many minutes they are online? Windows Live Mail on a Windows 7 platform. Thanks, Kraig I don't recall Outlook Express tracking connect time. But the dialer does. You need to look at the dial-up connection. -- Mike - http://TechHelp.Santovec.us "Kraig S"...

Showing number of pages, in a document ....
Hi ... a basic question, which, for reasons unknown, is beyond me ... for years, the number of pages in a document have been showing, on the bottom left of the Publisher screen. This is how I navigate from page to page. A glitch has occurred, and now the pages are not showing as before. Q: how do I return the "number of pages in document display" to the Publisher display? Am using Office 2007 and XP Pro. Both are up-to-date. Thanks in advance. You need the registry fix. Look at the sixth FAQ here: http://ed.mvps.org/Static.aspx?=Publisher/FAQs -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http:/...

Automatically copy cells to another worksheet
Hi :D Please help! This is what I have got... I do 'For sale' ads. On each sheet is a different listing, for example, cars is on one, then the next is bikes, then the next is gneral and so on. Some sheets have more than one listing group, like white goods and electrical on the same sheet. When I am finished putting all the ads in, I use the sort tool to sort them alphabetically. What I want to do on the first sheet, is have them all merged into one long list, preferably with no blank lines. How can I do this? Thx in advance. Tricia, Select all the filled cells on each sheet, ...

Payables invoice & credit memo show open when unapplied amount is
Both the invoice & credit memo are applied to each other and are from 2003. Another invoice is applied to this credit memo and is showing as HIST. Can I manually move them to history? Run the reconcile process for these tables to be sure everything is marked correctly. -- Richard L. Whaley Author / Consultant / MVP Documentation for Software Users For help learning and better using Dynamics GP,... check out our books at http://www.AccoladePublications.com "Kim Dameron" wrote: > Both the invoice & credit memo are applied to each other and are from 2003. >...

SORTING BETWEEN WORKSHEETS
I HAVE THREE COLUMN ON SHEET1 NAMED AND LOOK LIKE THE BELOW: A1 B1 C1 NAME START END A 9 AM 5 PM B C 6 AM 12 PM D 3 PM 9 PM E 1 PM 8 PM IN WORKSHEET2 IN THE SAME WORKBOOK, I WANT IT AUTO LOOK OR AUTO SORT ACCORDING THE START TIME AND LEAVE OUT NAME WITHOUT START OR END TIME, LOOK LIKE THIS: A1 B1 C1 NAME START END C 6 AM 12 PM A 9 AM 5 PM E 1 PM 8 PM D 3 PM 9 PM WHAT IF STATEME...