frozen graphs

all graphs on one Excel leaf have become like "frozen", I cannot
select them (although the pointer identifies a "graph area") and of
course I cannot change graph parameters, data source nor anything.
Thanks and a happy monkey year !
0
ralric (1)

Perhaps the chart data has been delinked. Jon Peltier has some
information on his web site:

   http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/DelinkChartData.html

--
Debra Dalgleish
Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List

0
dsd1 (5911)

Frozen rows
I have created a workbook that has three frozen rows at the top of the page. Is there a way to start numbering the rows below those 3 first. I.E. XDate XJim Glass huts XSales record ---------- 1 2 3 For appearance sake.............................. You can enter =ROW(-3) in A4 then copy down. Then uncheck Tools>Options>View>Row and Column Headers. BUT for the sake of formulas, A4 is still A4 no matter that it says 1. Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 18:20:00 -0800, Old_skills_lost <Oldskillslost@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >I have created a work...

Graphs/Charts by country. Same Graph, different Source Data
Hi I have sales information for 5 countries, each on separate sheets ( the sheets are identical in format) . I have made graphs for the first country, and I want to copy them to the other countries, and change the references to pick up the right country information. Is there a quick way of doing this or do i have to go into source information for each series for each graph and change the sheet( country ) reference I asppreciate any answers to this as atthe moment I've spent the better part of a day changing sheet references Rgds Dan ...

Reporting/Graphing by Class
In Quicken I was able to include or exclude custom defined classes from reporting/graphing function. I don't seem to be able to that in Money. Help, anyone knows wheter you can control visibility of "classified" transaction or is "categories" the only criteria that you can use to customize a graph? In microsoft.public.money, Alex Gordon wrote: >In Quicken I was able to include or exclude custom defined >classes from reporting/graphing function. I don't seem to >be able to that in Money. Help, anyone knows wheter you >can control visibility of...

frozen transactions
MS Money 2004 Windows XP with SP2 I have two transactions (disbursements) that show up in italics in the journal listing and can not be edited or deleted. The originated at Electronic Payments (Epays) that were saved as drafts because my bank was down. When I later went back and tried to submit the payments I got an error message. I deleted the payments from the page where you submit the payments but they did not go away from the journal listing. The little envelope indicating that they are electron pays did go away. Further the date has passed and the payments were not made elect...

Frozen Panes and Visible Graphs...Marti
Thanks for reading. I use Excel 2003 up-to-date. I have a spreadsheet with headers in the first 4 rows, dates in column A, and data starting in B5 - S5 across and down to row 297. I have frozen the pane at B5 so I can see the headers and dates. Columns A-S take up about 2/3 of my screen across. I'd like to put some summary data and graphs in the remaining 1/3, but have them visible on the screen no matter where I am in the rows, from 5 to 297 - does that make sense? So, can I, for example, put the graphs and summary data in U7 - X20 and have it "magically" in U100 - U 114 ...

Frozen message in Drafts box
With WLM on Windows 7, I have had 2 instances of a message in the Drafts box appearing to be frozen. I could not set the cursor into the existing type to edit. All I could do was highlight the type. Any ideas as to what might have caused this and how to get out of the situation would be welcome. In a related question, I have often gone back to a message in the Drafts box the original of which contained emoticons (smileys) and found the draft only contained placeholders (albeit with full description), but not the actual emoticons. How do I recover from this, without having to rein...

Frozen Message
We have a mesage that is frozen in our outbox and clogging our outlook. When we try to delete it we get an error message that the file cant be opened because it is already MAPI spooled. What do we do? If on a LAN line, configure Outlook to a manual connection, disconnect the network cable, restart the computer. Open Outlook, delete the message, reconfigure Outlook to LAN connection, exit Outlook, plug the network cable back in and restart the computer. If on a dial-up configure Outlook to a manual connection, close and reopen Outlook, delete the message, reconfigure Outlook back to send/...

Chart / Graph
Hello, I would like to add threshold lines (horizontal lines) in a chart to show maximum and minimum values. In algebra the equations would be for instance y=100 for the max and y=55 for the minimum. How can I do this without having to repeat the same values indefinitely in the table or in the "=series" statement of the graph (repeated values being in my example 100 for the max and 55 for the min.). Thank you. Eric. Jon Peltier has instructions for adding a horizontal line to a chart: http://www.peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/ComboCharts.html#AddLine Eric wrote: > I woul...

Line graph X-axis
Hello I am trying to plot the following points on a default line graph: X Y 20.09 25.91 54.19 214.73 85.30 601.00 116.80 2473.33 The chart that Excel is generating is shifting the X-axis out of scale (i.e. its showing the same distance between the points 25.91 and 214.73 that it is between 601 and 2473.33), whereas I would like a uniform scale on this axis (i.e. I would like the x-axis to show 0,500,1000,1500,2000,2500, but with the points listed above still plotted at their appropriate locations). I can alter the max / min of the y-axis by clicking &...

Taskbar Frozen
On XP Home when I hover over the taskbar I get the hour glass and if I try to click on anything within the taskbar nothing happens. If I try to click on the Start button nothing happens unless I click on it as soon as it appears after restarting the computer. The menu opens but when I click on anything in it nothing happens. I also noticed that the time stays at the time when the computer starts. If I start it at 10:33 the time doesn't change until I restart the computer. -- rpvp22 ...

Investment Graphs
I can view my individual investment graph but only for a year although I have prices for more than a year. Is there a way to graph an equity price for more than a year please? Right click on the graph and click Zoom. The date range will appear at the top of the graph. Then right click on the date and click change date. You can also right click on the graph and click Customize. This will allow you to make a variety of changes. "SPP" wrote: > > I can view my individual investment graph but only for a year although > I have prices for more than a year. Is there a wa...

how to specify column width in column graph?
I'm creating a column graph which columns I need to represent a certain value. In other words, the column should be representative of its inputs, both in terms of width and height. For example, one column's width should be representative of 150,000 and its height should be representative of 6.42. If anyone has done this, please advise. Thanks. You could look at: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/Brickyard.html http://andypope.info/charts/colwidth2.htm Hope this helps. Regards, Leni -- LeninVM ----------------------------------------------------------------------- LeninVMS&#...

how do I add a hidden comment to a point on an excel graph
I wish to add a hidden comment to a point on an excel graph. When ypou hover over the point I would like the comment to become visible. I am using excel 2003 ...

A very simple graph gives me headache!!
Hi All I want to draw a "Demand" line graph. If the price of apples is $1 per kg, the demand would be 100kg, if the price is $2 the demand would drop to 90kg, etc... The example values are like this: $2 ... 100 $4 ... 90 $6 ... 85 $8 ... 74 $10 ... 60 $12 ... 50 I created 2 columns Cost and Demand. If i just click a graph button on the insert tab and select the graph, using the data in the columns it gives me 2 sets of values. What i need is the x-axis to be qty demanded and the y-axis, the Price/kg. thanx Herman Hi, I entered your values, gave each column a heading, hit th...

Graphing or charting dates
I'm creating a spreadsheet to date when a preschooler reaches a certain 'benchmark,' according to our state education standards. I have listed vertically the standards and horizontally I have the students' names listed. I will add the date they achieve the benchmark/standard. I would like to create a chart or graph to show when the students reached the benchmarks broken down into the school year's quarters. For example, 4 children reached benchmarks for Language Arts in the 1st qtr (Sep-Nov), 7 children reached the Language Arts benchmarks in the 2nd qtr (Dec-Feb)...

log graphing
I have a defined set of data that I want to graph. I want the y-axis to be linear but I want the x-axis to be in logarithmic scale. How do I do this? Make an BY chart. Right click the x-axis; select from popup menu Format Axis Open the Scale tab on the dialog box and check the Logarithmic box Best wishes Bernard "jason" <jlombard@solae.com> wrote in message news:074801c37ccd$866a28f0$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a defined set of data that I want to graph. I want > the y-axis to be linear but I want the x-axis to be in > logarithmic scale. How do I do this? ...

File Frozen
I have a file on Publisher 2003 that I was able to edit, and I came back to it today and am not able to access it. None of my tools show up as accessible either.... help! ...

charts and graphs
we are trying to do a column chart type graph for a math class. we put in all the information, but for some reason our graph is not coming up in Excel. what are doing wrong? we can get the chart to appear and define the different colors for each piece of information, but we are not getting any columns in our graph. HELP! Not sure what you are doing wrong. Try this Row 1, column A <empty, B <Store A> (ie. the words as text), C <Store B> Row 2 to 6 in A column: Jan, Feb, March, ..... Rows 2:6 columns B and C: some numbers in the range 1 to 10 Select A1:C6 and start the ch...

Graph Fill Pattern Question
Hi, In Excel 2007, how do I do a simple fill pattern in the graph? I have a graph and I can get the bars to be filled with solid colors. I can even get preselected, really fancy patterns. However, I CANNOT get it to be filled with a simple pattern like with black dots or with cross-hatching pattern. Can anyone PLEASE help? I'm really frustrated with it! (I knew how to do it in Excel 2003). Thanks! -Daniel AHA! You've discovered one of the improvements in 2007 -- it doesn't do that. <DPF...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > Hi, > In Excel 2007, h...

Frozen is cell
I am frozen in a cell, I believe as a result of a key stroke combo including the shift or cntl key. The scroll lock is not on, but as I move the mouse around the screen it highlights all surrounding fields. How do I break out of it?? Even when I have closed ALL excel files (by End task, there is no other way), when I go back in, the same thing happens. F8 will get you Extended mode (EXT), or SHIFT+F8 will get you Extended mode (ADD) which shows up on the status bar and is cleared by hitting F8 once or twice. Otherwise see -- http://www.mvps.org/dmcritchie/excel/ghosting.txt ...

Outlook is Frozen
I can receive email. But when I try to send a new email, or reply to an existing one, I get a message saying: "Starting Word as your email editor ... " And that box stays on the screen forever, frozen, nothing happens. I thought it could be a virus, but my anti-virus software is up-to-date and nothing is detected. Please help! What happens if you disableWord as your e-mail editor? Brent Norrish wrote: > I can receive email. But when I try to send a new email, > or reply to an existing one, I get a message saying: > > "Starting Word as your email editor ......

frozen emails in queues under smtp local
Our exchange server 2000 was working fine till to wensday afternoon.Then it started working slow.Then I got lots of emails (incoming and outgoing) frozen in queues. I checked the server with Virus Killer and spyware I couldn't locate anyone. Then I tried to start and stop smtp service. so some of emails got delivered (a few)and some didn't ( lots of them ). I even deleted all emails from queues the restared Server. But no result, again I got lots of new emails frozen (marked frozen). I tried unfreeze command but it didn't helped. any idea or help would be appreciated. Hi ...

message frozen in Outlook Outbox
I have a message that is completly frozen in my OUlook 2003 outbox. I am unable to open, send or do anything else with the message. Whats the deal??? Sometimes it helps deleting the message if the pst file is not the default one, so create a new profile with a new pst file and then open the original one as second pst file. Outlook now should not try to transport that message so it can be deleted. Thomas Quester www.outlookfolders.com "william" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:5cf101c42dd8$53eaa910$a401280a@phx.gbl... > I have a message that ...

Graph Problem
I have a worksheet that extracts live data to a column at regular time intervals set by the user and is continuously updated. How can I transfer this data to another workbook/worksheet wherby time could be reproduced along the horizontal axis and the other data reproduced on the vertical axis? Would one use the timer function within VB code, or is there a simpler way, whereby I could paste each fresh set of new data into a new column in a new workbook/worksheet in order to create a graph simply? ...

Interactive Graphs
Does anybody know where I can obtain Excel templates with an interactive graph, i.e. something like a stockmarket spreadsheet which continually updates the data? TIA http://peltiertech.com/Excel/Charts/index.html#hdrDyno -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom "Saxman" <john.h.williams(removethis)@btinternet.com> wrote in message news:5esly0d1iozw$.13qajaxi04838.dlg@40tude.net... > Does anybody know where I can obtain Excel templates with an interactive > graph, i.e. something like a stockmarket spreadsheet which continually > updates the data? > > TIA Oops! I misund...