from date format convert to text format is wrong

Hello All,

I download from SAP to excel a database. But unfortunately I can't convert
date cells to text. For Example: 2010.02.01 and if I convert to text format
i'll get 40181 data all cells.
I have tried to copy my worksheet to other worksheet with copy paste special
only values, but the result is same.

Please help!

Regards,
Nooris

In XL dates are actually stored as numbers. The number is the number of days
that has elapsed since Jan 1, 1900. So for example if you type in the number
40181 and format the cell as date you will see that the date is Jan 2, 2010.
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"nooris" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I download from SAP to excel a database. But unfortunately I can't convert
> date cells to text. For Example: 2010.02.01 and if I convert to text format
> i'll get 40181 data all cells.
> I have tried to copy my worksheet to other worksheet with copy paste special
> only values, but the result is same.
>
> Please help!
>
> Regards,
> Nooris
What happens if you type: =TEXT(A1,"yy.mm.dd")
Micky

"nooris" wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I download from SAP to excel a database. But unfortunately I can't convert
> date cells to text. For Example: 2010.02.01 and if I convert to text format
> i'll get 40181 data all cells.
> I have tried to copy my worksheet to other worksheet with copy paste special
> only values, but the result is same.
>
> Please help!
>
> Regards,
> Nooris

filter by date and action

Transaction Date VS Business Date

What is the maximum text size in a cell
Can anyone give me some info on the maximum text size you can put in a cell. How many characters/words Thanx. NED 1451 Hi the max is 1,024 characters. You can extend this limit by entering manual linebreaks withj aLT+ENTER -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "NED 1451" <NED 1451@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:4ADB9C27-1E94-4843-87F7-794177BC86D2@microsoft.com... > Can anyone give me some info on the maximum text size you can put in a cell. > How many characters/words > > Thanx. > > NED 1451 Ned The maximum is 32,767 chara...

IF Function Format -- Microsoft Query
I am attempting to pull data from SQL data table into Excel for pivot table. Field_1 is a value; always positive. Field_2 is a text flag; either "C" or"D". Depending on the flag in Field_2; Field_1 is either positive or negative. What is the format of the entry in Microsoft Query so that a Field_3 can accurately be calculated? In Excel I would entry =if(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1). In Access, the function would be IIF(Field_2="D",Field_1,-Field_1) Unfortunately I have no idea whether it will work with your SQL data. If that fails, you can a...

Post Dated Checks

How to do a conditional format for multi cells
Lets say based on a value in A5 I would like to change the text format for cells d5:g5 (four columns), what would be the best procedure to do this, can it be done using conditional format if each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 or is there another way. By that do I input a conditional format for each cell d5,e5,f5,g5 (if A5> "xx" then <format>. A big Thank You for all the help. dave Yes, highlight the four cells and apply your conditional format to them all. You will need to use $A$5 as the reference. Pete Hi Pete, This did not work for me. For the "value" I have =$...

How to make text hover over icon
I've got a drawing in Visio where I've added an printer icon (actually a shape or stencil). I've made it a link now and pointed it to the website with the driver. I also want to be able to have it where when I hover over the item with a mouse, a text box comes up and displays the printer's IP address. This needs to be possible when saving the drawing as a web page. Is this possible? try this al I know many people have asked this question, and it has been partially answered previously. Here is a more complete explanation. Summary: You can add the User.visEquivTitle...

message text becomes attachment
When I received messages from a few particular people, if it contains an attachment the message itself will become a .txt attachment too. And this happens every time from these particular people. If no attachment, the message will not become an attachment. This just started happening a few weeks ago. Yet the vast majority of all email still behaves as it always did. Why would this happen? Is there any way I can troubleshoot this problem to find out the cause of it? Thanks! Try rebooting your machine. -- Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discuss...

how to save fixed format text file
I have an Excel file which is 269 characters wide. I need to save this file in fixed format but experience line wrap when using the PRN file type. Anyone have an answer to my problem? You might have to use a macro to get the result you want. See if Chip Pearson's text export macro does it: http://www.cpearson.com/excel/imptext.htm -- Jim Rech Excel MVP You have a few choices (try against a copy of your worksheet): I'd either concatenate the cell values into another column: =LEFT(A1&REPT(" ",20),20) & LEFT(B1&REPT(" ",10),10) & TEXT(C1,&...

Embedded Excel Objects in Word convert to pictures

strange date format problem

How to sort by name then date?

CFileDialog : no prompt for wrong file extension.
hi Priyanka here. i am creating a CFileDialog box.my application has its exention as ..TPL. Now when i am saving a file with any other extension, like abc.exe or abc.doc or something like this, i want the dialog should prompt me for the wrong extension. i did it manually. but here, the dialog is getting disappeared and i have to open it again. People are suggesting to append the extension after the file name(ie. make it abc.exe.tpl). But i dont want the user should specify any dot, in the file name, which is considered as a part of filename. Please help. Thanks and regards, Priyanka Here is...

Convert Text to number
How can I convert a text field to numeric value? The text values are: < 35 <15 1.5 0.015 >9900 The desired result need to be: 35 15 1.5 0.015 9900 Then in a separate field I need to store the > (Greater than) and < (less than) signs from the same text filed so: < 35 (please note the space between the < and the number 35) <15 (please note that there is no space between < and the number 15) 1.5 0.015 >9900 Will give me: < < (null) (null) > Thank you, Silvio In a query: TheNumber: IIf([TheField]=">...

if statement with dates #2

Comment print format
Hello, I am trying to change the text that says Cell: Comment: when I print my Comments at the end of my form. Is this text embedded by Microsoft? Thanks, Bob Hi Bob have a look at this thread http://tinyurl.com/3xq6h Frank GT40 wrote: > Hello, > I am trying to change the text that says Cell: Comment: > when I print my Comments at the end of my form. Is this > text embedded by Microsoft? > Thanks, > Bob Frank OP wants the printed comments to not show the Cell:A1 Comment:whatever The codes at your URL just change the on-sheet comment format, but the printed ...

Underlined formatting comments in Word 2003
Some days ago I got some good tips from readers in this forum, re unwanted red colored, underlined, formatting comments in plain documents. Comments which I printed, but somehow have lost. These comments have now popped up in some other document. When I am inside this document, it seems as if I really managed to get rid of the formatting comments. Then I save the document in normal way, then exit from Word 2003. Next when I open up the same document, those underlined comments come up again. Feel like a little swearing !! -- ___________ Knut Willy Double-click TR...

Counting Dates?

Same format using =
I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and not only its value ? thnks Stabilo, Select A1 Edit-Copy Select A5 Edid-Paste Special-Formats-OK Hope this helps Pete "stabilo" wrote: > I have a cell (let's say A1), that is formatted with a fill color, a specific > font, and a specific font color. I have another cell (A5) that has the > formula =A1. How can A5 have the same formatting as A1 and no...

Losing formating going from Word 2002 to Outlook 2002
I have been driving myself crazy trying to figure out why I am losing m formating when try to send a newsletter in word using outlook 2002 fro within word. When the email is received, the formating is all messed up. I tried to save the document as a web page and then send it but it i still received messed up. The newsletter is four columns wide, has text and graphics and wa saved and sent as all three different types (RTF, HTML and a norma word docutment) and still not luck. Can any one offer any advise ----------------------------------------------- ~~ Message posted from http://www.Exc...

An expression for dates from and to