Freezing a page?

I would like to know if there is a way to freeze a page so that a table and
every thing in it will not change size if you resize you explorer window.
What would you call this? Thanks

	Is that an Excel Q?

							Danny

On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 08:19:02 -0700, Bullet_Bob <Foljambe hotmail.com>
wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a way to freeze a page so that a table
> and
> every thing in it will not change size if you resize you explorer window.
> What would you call this? Thanks

dann90038 (10)

CEICW freezes at configuring firewall
Hello, this post in in relation to my other post of the ntbackup not working. I did a restore and the backups works fine, and i was just testing everything out, when i noticed, the CEICW was not working correctly. IT always freezes at configuring firewall and its 1cm away from finishing that. IT causes the computer to lockup. there are no errors in the event log, or in the ICW.log. the log stops with no errors. I even went back 3 months with the backup and it still has the same problem. I found a working backup from 09 but the active directory has changes so much that it is n...

Windows XP startup page hangs
When booting up my PC the XP banner screen comes up and hangs there. It will not go ahead and come to a full desktop page. This only happens when I completely shut down my PC and then restart it later on. If I leave my PC on all the time I do not not have a problem. Do you folks have any suggestions how I can cure this problem? Thanks for your help. Pete, the next time this happens restart and tap F8. If you get a Menu select Safe Mode. If XP loads Ok, do a system restore. Start>All Programs>Accessories>System Tools>System Restore. Go back a week or so if possible...

Page Numbers Out Of Sequence
Greetings! I am trying to create a 5 1/2 x 8" booklet (8 1/2 x 11 landscaped, folded in half, printed duplex) containing 26 printed pages (9 sheets of paper). In order to get the pages to end up in sequential order, I need (using 2-page spread) to print page 2 with 20, 3 with 24, etc. I can set page numbers with master page and move them around to appear to have the correct number, but that backs them up to the wrong facing pages. If I keep the facing pages correctly, they get numbered sequentially, which means they'll be out of sequence when printed and folded. ...

Outlook 2007 freezes/crashes on startup most of the time
A little more than 50% of the time, Outlook 2007 freezes for me on startup. Usually it is very early on -- according to the task manager, there has been very little I/O when it freezes. When frozen, there is no I/O or change in RAM usage. It appears to be totally dead. After killing the task and restarting a few times, sometimes it will start up fine, other times it will ask me to disable an add-on. The add-on to be disabled appears to be varied randomly. Usually if I disable the add-on, it starts up okay, and then I can re-enable the add-on from the trust center and it works fine from then o...

Showing modal dialog from within property page
Hi all. Using VS .net 2003 I have a modal dialog in my SDI app. On the dialog, there are some simple controls and an "embedded" property sheet. The property sheet is a member of the dialog, and I show it calling Create() in OnInitDialog. On some of the property pages I have buttons that should show another modal dialog. The problem is, that when I call DoModal() on the "new" dialog, the program freezes. I can break the program, and I can see it's running somewhere deep down in MFC. I cannot even show a MessageBox. I thought this was the right way of doing it, but ap...

Dual Page Numbering
Hi, I have a template which has X of Y page numbering in the header of every page. At certain points throughout the document, users will insert a section break to begin a new section. These documents can contain any number of sections - there is no way for me to know in advance. Is there a way to have X of Y page numbering in every header, as well as M of N page numbering in the headers for each section? I've read through this: http://gregmaxey.mvps.org/Page_Numbering.htm However I'm looking for something with VBA code (ideally I'd like the users to select a ...

Freezing panes
I wish to freeze the upper left corner of the first 5 cells (A1:A5) so that if I scroll right or down the freezed cells will just stay visible whereever I am in the sheet. But I cannot manage to do so. When I freeze the cells and if I scroll down, then the RHS of the freezed cells stay also freezed which I don't want. I just want to freeze the cells and if I scroll right or down the unfreezed parts should scroll as I do. I tried split but also same problem appears. Any solution? You could open a new window to the same sheet and arrange them so that both are visible on s...

Synchronizing nested subform on tab pages with main form
I have a nested subforms on a tab pages. Both the parent form and the subforms have an ID number that I have linked parent/child. This works fine if a record already exists. My question is this: If I set the parent form to go to new record on open, how do I set the nested subform to synchronize with the new ID number? *The ID field on the parent form is autonum. Thanks in advance! -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Caburky via AccessMonster.com wrote: > I have a nested subforms on a tab pages. Both the parent form and the > subforms have an ID number that I hav...

Custom Receipt problem
I have modified the Full Page Invoice from CustomerSource. My receipt is a half-page (5.5 x 8.5) format. I have also added the following to the bottom of 'Bill To & Ship To' part of the header area: <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW>"Reference:|" Transaction.ReferenceNumber </ROW> </THEN> </IF> <IF> <CONDITION>Transaction.Type = transactionWorkOrder</CONDITION> <THEN> <ROW>"Comment:|" Transaction.Comment </ROW> </THE...

Page Break In The Details Section OF Report
Hi, I have one project in MS Access. In that I have one form in which I am using one combobox and one search button. Now when I select an item from that combobox and press the submit button then it will generate the report base on the selection of combobox. Now that report is generated by the using wizard whose source code is Table PRODCUTION. Now when I search and if there are more than 20 line in report than I want to force new page and next 20 line must come in new page.Rest like that. I want to put this page break in Details section of the Report. Plz Reply as soon as possible. Thanks. C...

Freezing
When I delete messages, Outlook freezes and gives the message that Outlook is not responding. ...

Print First Page Only
Hi Groupies: In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a multi page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there? -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! "CJ" <private@newsgroups.com> wrote in message news:E83B3132-6092-4092-924C-47A651128836@microsoft.com... > Hi Groupies: > > In Outlook 2007, how can you tell it to print only the 1st page of a multi > page email? Am I blind or is the option just not there? > It is, b...

install of Office 2004 freezes at User Information screen
Version: 2004 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.5 (Leopard) Processor: Power PC Hi, I'm trying to install Office 2004 on my G5 Mac (using Leopard) and when the installation reaches the User Information screen, it freezes and has to be force-quit. This is true when I use the Setup Assistant or when I do a drag-and-drop installation. I googled and found one person with the same problem- they had solved it by running Autoupdate, so I did that, but it didn't help. Any advice would be appreciated very much! I'm useless without my Excel spreadsheets! Thank you. -Emily Hi Emily - Did your ...

Print pages in collated order
I have a program that I am putting together...it allows a user to use a ToggleButton to print out a variable number of pages depending on how many products have been chosen. The problem is when the pages print, they come out by individual product, not collated sets (e.g., if I want to print six copies of each product it will print out six copies of product number one, six of number two and so on). I want to be able to print them in order (e.g., one of product one, one of product two, etc…so that eventually six full sets are printed out). Here are the string of commands that I have so far...i...

Setting up pictures, etc on pages
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0021_01C90473.04CE5130 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I'm not sure what to call this. I think it something to do with = templates or master pages. =20 I'm making 2009 calendars, using one I made in 2007 to go by. Not sure = where I got that from, but I think I modified one from Pub 2003. I'm not = using Pub 2007 I changed the months to 2009 that was no problem. Now I'm putting new = pictures on the tops (it's 12 pages, with a picture...

Outlook freezes #15
Outlook freezes when I try to send a file attachment ...

Print RTF spanning multiple pages
Hi, My application uses a RTF file to report the results of an execution. This report file can be printed out automatically or saved for future purposes. The content of the RTF report file is very diverse: text in different fonts and colors, pictures, tables, ... When I create the RTF file I set its page width to the maximum (up to 5 times a normal A4 width) so that ever large objects (tables or pictures) can be displayed correctly. I run into problems when the content I want to print out is wider than one physical page: a long line of text gets 'word wrapped' to the next line(s) ins...

Fill entire page with printed area
I want an EASY way to fill the entire page with the printed.I adjust the margins to .25 all around. Now, I use large size font..i.e. 20--50 to help do this. I then adjust the columns/rows to fit. I have used 'Fit to page' etc and 'percents' to attempt to fill the page from top to bottom. Doesn't seem to do it. Easier way? ...

New Document Page
Somehow I saved text on my "NEW" document page. When I open a new page, it has text on it. Tried clearing and saving but it wants to save a new document, not the blank page. Anyone know how to get back to a new blank document page? Thanks, CT See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "CT" <CT@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D640D22B-FC36-43B8-9D46-CC07AF564CA9@microsoft.com... > Somehow I saved text on...

freeze pane #2
How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort check the "Header Row" radio button >-----Original Message----- >How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort >. > Select the area you want sorted. Don't include the frozen area. then sort. -- Regards, Tom Ogilvy "farmwife" <farmwife@hull-o.com> wrote in message news:518E67A8-7E42-42F3-A73B-238196AB95D7@microsoft.com... > How do I stop the frozen pane, which in my case is a row, from being included in a sort ...

how do you delete a header in Page Setup?
File / Page Setup / Header/Footer / set it to (none) What type of header? Built-in or Custom? Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Tue, 19 Apr 2005 12:51:05 -0700, sdf <sdf@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: ...

IE8 freezes/hangs with video Web sites?
Hello. Is there a known issue with Internet Explorer v8.0, in old Windows XP, freezing/hanging on various video Web sites? My friend and others, on http://www.videosift.com/talk/This-site-keeps-getting-hung-up, say people are having problems there and other video Web sites (e.g., http://www.roblox.com/). Thank you in advance. :) -- "It's kind of an insane case ... 6,000 ants dressed up as rice and robbed a Chinese restaurant." --Steven Wright /\___/\ / /\ /\ \ Phil./Ant @ http://antfarm.ma.cx (Personal Web Site) | |o o| | Ant&...

Outlook freezes and freezes my computer
Whenever Outlook sends and receives it freezes Outlook as well as whatever I am working on. It is so frustrating and time consuming work wise. I disabled add ins but it did not help. Please advise. What type of email accounts do you have configured? How many? -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.net EMO - a weekly newsletter about Outlook and Exchange: mailto:EMO-NEWSLETTER-SUBSCRIBE-REQUEST@P...

freezing up
i recently changed to a different isp and now my computer freezes up when trying to open pages. also if i try to double-click the mouse i get the 'not responding' error on the address bar. is this a pc problem or an isp problem? thanks Who can say anything about your unidentified browser on a nameless operating system trying to open unknown web pages? Not everyone knows the complete wording of the 'not responding' error message. Since your problem seems to have started when you switched to a mysterious new ISP, maybe you should start by asking their technical ...

worksheet skipped in page numbering
I have an Excel document with 10 worksheets (tabs). I went to set up footers and my options from the drop down were page 1 for first tab, page 2 for second tab, etc. until I got to the 5th tab and it went back to page 1. Tab 6 gives me dropdown options for page 5 - in short, it is like it skipped a worksheet and will only number that sheet as an indpendent one, and calls it page 1. Any ideas as to why it doesn't recognize a worksheet? -- Zach ...