Free books on Excel; Free Add-In

You may download the free books and software from
http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003)

Excel For Beginners
Charting in Excel
Excel- Beyond the Basics
Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel
Financial Analysis Using Excel
Statistics Using Excel

Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer"

VJ

VJ wrote:
> You may download the free books and software from
> http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003)

> Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer"

I note that the only significant installation instructions were:-

"Double click to launch the add-in "XlTools.xla"."

Surely this is inadequate instructions for a beginner.
I have done this and don't know how to proceed.

Brian Tozer

0
briantoz (102)
12/11/2003 4:05:54 PM
VJ wrote:
> You may download the free books and software from
> http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003)

> Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer"

Is the 11.5 meg Help file download, seperate information than the books on
Excel that are offered?

Brian Tozer

0
briantoz (102)

MODIFYING DEFAULT ADDRESS BOOK
Hello. I have a number (roughly 2000) of Exchange users that I do not want to show in the Global Address List (temporarily). Rather than go one by one and hide each form the global address list, I wanted to modify, or create a new global address list. The problem is, when I create a new address list with a new filter, my Outlook users still get the default address book. How can I fix this? Thanks for the help. First, a little scripting can probably assist with the Hide from Address Book. Second, you have to change the rights on the Default GAL for who can see it. Now, for Outlook ...

Excel 2003 - VBA
Hi guys: WorkBook "A" - The primary workbook I am working with. WorkBook "B".Sheet "B" - the worksheet that has data I need on a worksheet in workbook "A" Workbook "A" is open to a blank worksheet, Open WorkBook "B" Sheet "B". copy the data off the page, paste the data in the worksheet in Workbook "A", then want to close WorkBook "B" Sheet "B". ' Open Returns Document RTNFileName = Application.GetOpenFilename(Title:="Open SpreadSheet to Import") Workbooks.Open (RTNFile...

Book is not valid
Hi, when I try to login to Outlook 2003 that uses Exchange server, we receive this error: "The bookmark is not valid" What could this mean? When I log in with a different roaming profile, outlook works fine with no error. This error is happening with the new created accounts. Thanks, Haydar Haydar <Haydar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >when I try to login to Outlook 2003 that uses Exchange server, we receive >this error: > >"The bookmark is not valid" > >What could this mean? When I log in with a different roaming profile, >out...

How do I keep from printing extra lines on a file in Excel
I am trying to print a file with out printing the extra lines that appear at the end. One of my files prints without the extra lines; the other one prints extra lines. I can't figure out the difference in the 2 files Have yo set the print range? "Verle" <Verle@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:DF7FF1C8-7D63-4159-9968-582817313295@microsoft.com... > I am trying to print a file with out printing the extra lines that appear at > the end. One of my files prints without the extra lines; the other one > prints extra lines. I can't figure out the...

Backup Excel file

error in excel #2
I when I try to open document in excel I keep getting a "cannot use object linking and embedding" error and I can't open the program. Any suggestions? Did this just start happening? If yes, were you hit by the MSBlast worm? One poster (Lutz Meyer) guessed that this was the cause of his problems. I haven't seen any confirmation/denial, but you may want to read his post: http://groups.google.com/groups?threadm=3F3971AF.FA4490F5%40msn.com Post back with your results. I'm curious if that was the problem. (It's come up quite a few times since MSBlast hit.) Je...

how to download excel help preferably in the form of chm?
how to download excel help preferably in the form of chm? It comes as a chm file on your Excel CD. -- HTH Bob (there's no email, no snail mail, but somewhere should be gmail in my addy) "kang" <kang@hao.com> wrote in message news:uDSmhciEIHA.6120@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > how to download excel help preferably in the form of chm? ...

Excel won't let me type a formula using commas!
Please help, this is my problem. Some formulas don't work when I type them in. For example, when I type this formula, it will say there is an error. "=SUM(1,2,3)" That does not work, it says invalid format. but if I do a formula with a range (instead of commas), it works. Such as "=SUM(A5:C5)" - that works just fine. I am guessing this has something to do with the commas in the formula. When I start to type a formula, a formula helper thing will be displayed that is showing the format of the formula. This format example does not include commas. It uses spaces in...

excel database and permissions
I have to export an excel list of suppliers into the database. This a brand new install...how do I do this.. also can I set up cashiers with certain permissions? Like one have no permission to do anything but cash...to someone having certain permissions to full permission. I am on time limit..I tried searching for it but took too long.. thanks Angelique - if you have access to Customersource download the QSCimp.exe import utility. If you don't, engage an RMS certified partner for this service - they will do it fairly quickly and should not charge you too much. If none of these...

Conditional Formatting in Excel 2007
Hi all- Can someone give me detailed directions on how to format a column so that the cells with 4's in them are highlighted yellow, the cells with 5's in them are red and the cells with 6's are blue. I have tried using the wizard but the numbers 1-3 get highlighted also. Thanks in advance. LabLawrence Select the cells Open the Conditional Format dialog, use Highlight Rules -> Equal To; in the left had box enter 4, in the right-hand select a colour combination as needed Repeat for 5. best wishes -- Bernard Liengme http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme Microso...

You a 7-Day FREE Trial
We Are Offering You a 7-Day FREE Trial to the internet's Hottest New Business Opportunity! If you missed out on the DOT COM boom, now is your chance to cash in on the massive and growing global demand in our $20 BILLION PER YEAR market. We'll show you how to create an income that will come to you for years and grow with each passing month. A SIMPLE, Fully-Automated, REJECTION-FREE Internet Marketing System! Finally, an EASY, proven, FREE system that will truly help anyone willing to follow our guidance succeed! Average People Are Making Money! Average people are putting their home...

Trouble scrolling pages in Excel with the new Apple Magic Mouse
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel I have so much trouble using the magic mouse to scroll, cut and paste between worksheet. What do I need to do to fix this? It slows me down a lot. Without knowing specifically what "so much trouble" you're having it's impossible to suggest any meaningful solutions or alternatives. It would also be helpful to know what your exact update levels of Office & OS X are. Regards |:>) Bob Jones [MVP] Office:Mac On 3/5/10 5:55 PM, in article 59bb404c.-1@webcrossing.JaKIaxP2ac0,...

free dot interview questions information
..NET database dev questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-database-dev-questions.html Some general quickies http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/some-general-quickies.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 1 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-1.html ..NET WebDev interview questions - Part 3 http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/net-webdev-interview-questions-part-3.html Electronic engineer interview questions http://freedownloadablebooks.blogspot.com/2008/03/electronic-engineer-interview-...

Excel Macros
Recently updated company computer to Office 7. Macros set-up in XP no longer work and need some help. Otto M had originally helped us establish these macros years ago and I am hoping he can help Ed and I out again. Thanks! -- Jen R Jen Macros created (and working) in XP (Excel 2002) should work in Excel 2007. Send me what you have and tell me, in detail, what happens when you try to do what you want to do. In detail. Like: I do this. I do that. I run the macro. This happens. I want/expect that to happen. My email is moehrbachoextra@bellsouth.net. Remove the "...

freeing up space
If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the changes, does that free up space in the store? On Wed, 22 Dec 2004 13:27:04 -0800, dlv <dlv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >If you delete an attachment or an image from a message, then save the >changes, does that free up space in the store? Not enough to care about I would think. Unless you have a 10 GB attachment. ...

Missing Free/Busy Folder #2
I have read the other postings regarding the fix to the missing Free/Busy. When you follow the recommendations from the following KB articles: http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;284200 http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;275171 There is only one Administrative Group folder. Also the client has several folders created under the public folder. Will I need to reset their published folders under public? Also will there be any other information that I will need to rest after coping the new GUID ? Hi Michael, When we put in a new GUID we will dest...

Free books on Excel; Free Add-In
You may download the free books and software from http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) Excel For Beginners Charting in Excel Excel- Beyond the Basics Managing & Tabulating Data in Excel Financial Analysis Using Excel Statistics Using Excel Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" VJ VJ wrote: > You may download the free books and software from > http://www.vgupta.com (offer good till Dec 31 2003) > Software: "Excel Usability Enhancer" I note that the only significant installation instructions were:- "Double click to launch the add-in &q...

Imbedded Web Page without add-in
Hi, I am preparing a presentation to teach a class, and would like to use an interactive website within the presentation. I have considered add-ins like LiveWeb, however, this needs to be installed on the machine on which the presentation will be played. I am unable to install any applications on this computer as a) I won't have access before hand, and b) due to administrative constraints installations are prohibited. As it is an interactive site, this precludes the option of simply taking screenshots. I am aware that I could use a hyperlink and open it up separately in ...

Site missing in System Folder
Hi, I have 7 sites in my Exchange 2000 organization. 4 of them was migrated from Exchange 5.5 to Exchange 2000, the other 3 are new. In system folders - schedule+ free busy of the 3 new sites I can only see the local site. On the other 4 sites I see only them selfs and none of the new sites. I think this is related to the problem that I have that people can't see each other's calendar when they make an appointment. Can someone help me solve this problem? Best reagards, S´┐Żnia Carvalho ...

Any Links to Free Manuals for Word 2007?
Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro Office Word 2007? I did downlaod one from http://www.mousetraining.co.uk/ms-office-training-manuals.html but it doesn't include all the topics that I want to learn! Any help will be much appreciated! Amit http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/help/FX100485361033.aspx?pid=CL100605171033 Daddy "Rajeev Rawat" <rajeev.rawat1@googlemail.com> wrote in message news:b49a7fb1-2599-4529-8583-b03284aac736@y17g2000yqd.googlegroups.com... > Does anyone seem to know links to Free Good Quality manuals fro...

assigning value to a letter (Excel 97)
Hi, At my place of work we have a roster. To indicate what day you are working a letter is put in a cell for that particular day e.g O = Operational Day (11 hours) X = Normal Day (8.5 hours) A = Admin day (8.5 hours).. an so on... Your weekly hours are totaled up at the end of the week (Sat) depending on what you worked (as above). What I would like to do is assign a value to whatever letter is in the cell and in another cell somewhere in the worksheet total up the hours for that week. Sadly I have no idea how to do this. This is useful so you can work out your projected hours to ...

Extend Published free/busy time, consequences.
Hello there. I am thinking of extending the published Free/Busy time in Outlook to a year or two into the future. But how about the consequences in doing so, as seen from the Exchange perspective. Before Exch 2007 this information was stored in a public folder, now in Exch 2007 the check is made directly in the calendar using OWA, so I guess that there should be no problem in doing so? Anyone got any info or best practice I can lean up against. Best regards Jesper. Free-busy data is pretty small so I doubt think you'll have any trouble. But, seriously, who...

how can i delete automatic page breaks in excel
I have copied an excel spreadsheet from my computer 2003 version to another computer with 2007 version. It was meant to be only 1 page but comes up in the 2007 version as 9 pages.I can't seem to remove the page breaks as they are broken lines (automatic).Help!!!!!!! I really need this to fit ti 1 page If you are talking about when you go to print it, go to File --> Page Setup, under the "Page" tab, select the Scaling to be "Fit to 1 page(s) wide by 1 tall" and press "OK." Hope this helps, Jim ...

Excel 2007 sheet UDF return #Name in Excel 2003
Hello, i have created a automation addin in excel that uses udf; we have a typical problem; if we created a worksheet in excel 2007 with our udf and opened in excel 2003; on opening the udf are prefixed with progid; when we refresh the worksheet to calculate it returns the value as #NAME; it is not happening for all the worksheets saved in 2007; there is one particular sheet that gives this problem and intermittently(rarely we have seeen with other sheets saved in 2007) Excel 2007 version was 12.0.6514.5000 SP2 MSO(12.0.6425.1000) Note: when i rename the worksheets saved in 20...