FoxPro Files Too Large for Excel?

I am attempting to open .DBF files in Excel that contain
over 300,000 Rows of information.  Excel will only display
65,536 Rows.  When I open the document in Notepad, I can
view the missing information, but all the formatting is
gone.
Is there a way to open up the large document to spill over
onto multiple spreadsheets?
I would appreciate any suggestions, even recommendations
for other software to use for this situation.
0
wynn1 (2)

xl cannot exceed 65,536 rows, Quattro can take more though.

May be worth looking to see if you really need to bring the data int
xl as the alternatives are Access and running a query/calculations o
running a query to only bring specific data into excel.

Dunca

Performance
I'm using Win98 and MSmoney 2003. In order to achieve a little better performance I archived the MS file. Performance did improve a little. However, the file was 24,660KB before the archive and after the archive it is still over 20,000KB. And I archived up to the present date. The File did not get much smaller! My question: what makes the file so big? I assume that the size is proportional to the number of accounts and length of the account name. But there must be something else as there is no transactions data in the File! Comments appreciated. It probably hasn't auto-compa...

How do I save a read only file or folder?
An IT expert converted all of my Macintosh Clarisworks files to Excel/Word and burned them on a CD. I transfered the folders/files to my new IBM PC hard drive and then opened them. I made some changes to a file but I am unable to save them. I keep getting a "read only" message. I have checked Excel help and followed the directions, but I get the same "read only" answer. How can I open these files, change them, and then save the new files? Thanks. Dick, If you open the folder, and right-click any of them, you'll see the "Read only" attribute checked. U...

Excel 2010 beta problem
Hi, First I used Sheet1 and writed down some numbers etc. Then I used same document's Sheet2 and everything I writed in Sheet2 was overwritten in Sheet1. Question was: has anyone solved this? Hi, Sounds like the sheets were grouped when you entered values in Sheet2. Can you duplicate this with any other/all workbooks? Cheers Andy Masa wrote: > Hi, > > First I used Sheet1 and writed down some numbers etc. > Then I used same document's Sheet2 and everything I writed in Sheet2 was > overwritten in Sheet1. > > -- Andy Pope, ...

How to clear a text file
I'm using this but it prints one blank line...how to just end up with a blank file? Dim oFile As cFile Set oFile = New cFile oFile.Filename = mSelectedFoldersFile oFile.OverWrite "" and in cFile class Public Sub OverWrite(sMsg As String) Dim iFhndl As Long iFhndl = FreeFile On Error GoTo ERRCTL Open msFilename For Output As #iFhndl Print #iFhndl, sMsg 'Write #iFhndl, sMsg '---write adds quotes around text ExitHere: Close #iFhndl On Error GoTo 0 Exit Sub ERRCTL: If Err Then Err.Clear LogError "Unable to wri...

Open up Microsoft Word a file appears and not a blank doc.
When I open up Microsoft Word a file appears and not a blank doc. How do I fix it to make it open a blank document every time? See http://word.mvps.org/FAQs/AppErrors/BlankDocNotBlank.htm -- Suzanne S. Barnhill Microsoft MVP (Word) Words into Type Fairhope, Alabama USA http://word.mvps.org "Bizbuzz" <Bizbuzz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:62D2DC41-2AC1-40D0-88EE-807FDC23C576@microsoft.com... > When I open up Microsoft Word a file appears and not a blank doc. How do > I > fix it to make it open a blank document every time? ...

retrieving a former version of a saved file
I saved (or deleted) and excel file in error and need to retrieve it. Hi George, >I saved (or deleted) and excel file in error and need to retrieve it. If you *saved* the file and you are trying to retrieve an earlier version of the saved file, unless you have a suitable backup copy, this is not possible. If you *deleted* the file, you may be able to restore it from your recycle bin. If you can locate the file in the recycle bin then: (1) Save the latest version under a new name (2) Right-Click the recycle bin file (3) Click Properties (4) Click Restore (5) Open the...

VBA Code to Save Excel Sheet to XML
I'm working on a project that uses VBA to send data to Excel from Access. The spreadsheet has a number of tabs with charts that reflect the data. At the end of the Access code, the spreadsheet is saved to a specific folder. The next step would be to create an XML file for the contents of the "Data" tab. When I create the XML file manually from Excel, I get the xml list which is <20k. When I try to save the Excel file as xml, using VBA in Access, I get a file that is >300k and contains the whole spreadsheet. Can someone show me, or lead me, to VBA code that ...

How can a file be converted from Read-Only to Read/Write
I don't know what happened. A Read/Write file in EXCEL 2003 somehow became a Read-Only file. Now, I can neither write to the file and save it, nor rename the file. I've tried to use the properties / preferences modes for recovering the file, but an error message continues that I cannot save the updated file. Is there a way to revert it back to a R/W file? Thank you, in advance, for any help. So what happens if you open the file, save as and use another name? -- Regards, Peo Sjoblom (No private emails please) "Jim in Apopka" <Jim in Apopka@discussions.microso...

Retrieving lost Microsoft Outlook
Dear friends I was using my mail account in my university for past two years. I had saved all the mails in a .pst file on the hard disk. I later copied that .pst file- which contains many important university mails and my assignments, to a CD. I now have forgotten the password which i had given to the .pst file. Now I am unable to open the outlook personal folder - when i want to acess those assignments. It prompts me for a password and I am unable to remember it. I tried remembering all passwords. But I am unable to do so. I need to access my mails very urgently for some job applicat...

missing outlook.pst file
I can't open my e-mail box. Missing outlook.pst file??? Thanks, Don Search your harddisk for *.pst Make sure you include hidden and system files and folders when searching for pst-file. By default it is located in C:\Documents and Settings\%username%\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook\ If you can't find it either restore it from backup or create a new one -- Robert Sparnaaij [MVP-Outlook] www.howto-outlook.com Tips of the month: -Navigation Pane Tips & Tricks -Create an Office 2003 CD slipstreamed with Service Pack 1 ----- "Don Price" <anonymo...

clicking .XLS file opens Excel 2003 but doesn't find the file
Clicking any .XLS file opens Excel 2003 but doesn't find the file, error reads: Windows cannot find 'path\filename.xls' ... The paths and files do exist as I can open them from File | Open -- Arrow Computer Services Sometimes one of these works: Tools|Options|General|Ignore other applications (uncheck it) --- or --- Close Excel and Windows Start Button|Run excel /unregserver then Windows Start Button|Run excel /regserver The /unregserver & /regserver stuff resets the windows registry to excel's factory defaults. Arrow Computer wrote: > > Clicking any .XLS ...

Need help Writing to XML File
Hello All, I am stuck on a problem with updating an XML file. Here is what my final solution suppose to do. I have a web form which displays all users that are authorized for recieving a particular application. To display the users, a manager will select the product from a drop down menu and then the form (FORM 1) will use the selecteditem.value to query the xml file to find all users and then display the users in a datagrid. This is working great. Now the problem I am having is that the manager can also add and delete users for a particular product. (FORM 2) Remember that there can be many u...

.CUR files and .ICO files
Hi, Does anybody know how I can convert a HICON handle to an ICO or CUR file? I do not really seem be able to find anything useful around the web. Regards Sims. See if MSDN article Q104570 gives you any clues. "Sims" <siminfrance@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:eTcR6lNXDHA.1872@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > Does anybody know how I can convert a HICON handle to an ICO or CUR file? > > I do not really seem be able to find anything useful around the web. > > Regards > Sims. > > ...

Excel Recent File menu listing
Hi, In ExcelXP or 2003, is there a way to list the files that you want to open in the File menu? So, no matter what other excel files that you opened. The files that you want is always listed in the File Menu. Any help would be appreciated. HappyGuy > In ExcelXP or 2003, is there a way to list the files that > you want to open in the File menu? Not AFAIK. What I tend to do is record macros in personal.xls to open the files, e.g. Sub Home() Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\Documents and Settings\Andy\My Documents\home.xls" End Sub , then assign the macros to a custom me...

Changing Default Date format in excel
Hi I want excel to dislay date in the format ( dd-mmm-yy) ( like 21-May-04 ) not only for viewing but also in the FORMULA bar Its because I am recording a macro which will copy today's date and save the file with name of the file having today's date in dd-mm-yy format, so that confusion on whether 01-02-04 stands for Jan 2nd 2005 0r Feb 1st 2005 may not be ther I used today( ) function and then copied today's date and did paste special in to a blank new cel Then in the new cell I changed the date to the format dd-mm-yy but the formula bar stil displays the date in the format mm/d...

Sign in name not associated with this file!
I have been searching all over the WWW for software to crack the password since I thought I screwed up something. I was about to buy some software that crack's the password's, but good thing I checked here first!! Unfortunately i have to say that I am glad I am not the only one.... Hopefully with all of us sending requests to Microsoft, this will be resolved soon.. I also sent a message via the " Microsoft Online Assisted Support. I hope my file is not compromised after this is fixed, because I will be really pissed.. and would end up throwing away about 2 years of deta...

Corrupted .pst file
PLEASE HELP!!! I have corrupted a valuable .pst file (I think, by stupidly terminating the Outlook.exe 'process' in Task Manager while it was writing to the .pst (?)). The .pst is no longer recognised as a '.pst' and will not open. Can it be repaired? Let me be the first to slap my head and admit I had failed to back it up..... PLEASE HELP! Have you tried the Inbox Repair Tool? (scanpst.exe) -- Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook] "Simon" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:196c101c44cdb$a7ebe520$a101280a@phx.gbl... > PLEASE HELP!!! &g...

How to set SAVE AS file name to equal A1 contents when rename file
How can I set the SAVE AS file name to equal A1's cell contents? (More specifically, when I need to rename an existing open file and place my cursor in A1 and hit Save As, I need to new file name to automatically populate A1's cell contents so I don't have to retype the contents of A1.) ...

32 mb file!!!!!!!!!
I have a problem. One spreadsheet has 10 tabs with each tab detailing various bits of information, containing links and hidden columns etc. The whole file is only 2Mb and works perfectly fine. I copied and pasted all tabs separately (paste special formats, then paste special values) to a new spreadsheet - note this only has values and formats in it has ballooned to 32 mb and keeps crashing my system. I have no links in the new sheet and I cant understand what is taking up the memory when its simply and value file. Can any of you Excel whizzo's help me out, I am going round in circles. Che...

Can I import ACCOUNTS from a CSV file.. like i do contacts
I am trying to import several hundred ACCOUNTS, but I can not find a way to actually import them. I can import contacts, but I really need to import this CSV file that has the ACCOUNT NAME, ADDRESS and PHONE... Is there a way to do this? You can import the list as Leads by using Tools, Import and then promote the Leads to Accounts. I think you will have to manually promote each Lead. However, manually promoting the Leads to an Account should be significantly less time consuming than creating each one. You may be able to create a temporary workflow that will promote the Lead to an...

What causes .emf files to be created in Excel?
I have one workbook that writes several hundred .emf files to the temp drive everytime I open it. I always clean my temp drive, yet the workbook takes 30minutes to open because it generates all these .emf files every time. My workbook has no graphics in it. I did copy and past a larget amount of data in from a web based application. I am just really curious why *.emf files get created in Excel and how I can prevent them from being created in the future. Thanks, george giorgio@gmail.com wrote in news:1122597739.356793.117490 @z14g2000cwz.googlegroups.com: > I have one workbook that ...

FoxPro
How do I copy a spreadsheet containing multiple cells from FoxPro into MS Excel? I used the copy to function, but only copies one (1) cell at a time. I need a way to copy the entire worksheet containing all the data Need Assistance I think you have sent this posting to the wrong discussion group. Try one of the Excel or Foxpro groups Good luck ...

Use Copied Outlook PST file as default...How?
If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from one computer to another. Dmahanay <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > If I copy a PST file on my PC, how can I configure my > Laptop Outlook to use that copied file as its default. Outlook version? > Is it possible to copy new Defined Views in Contacts from > one computer to another. I think views are registry items and not kept in the PST. -- Brian Tillman My outlook version is 2002. >--...

Shrink transsaction log file
I try to shrink the transaction log file. I made a back-up of transaction log and after that from context menu->Tasks->Shrink->Files->Transaction Log-> Release unused space (there is 92% unused space). After all this steps, the file keeps the same size. Why? Nick __________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5400 (20100826) __________ The message was checked by ESET NOD32 Antivirus. http://www.eset.com Nick Brad (nicolae.braduceanu@ateinsurance.ro) writes: > I try to shrink the transaction log file. &g...

Convert .pub files into .jpeg
I am using Publisher 2000. My publication has been created exactly as I want it. What is the best method for converting my publication into a jpeg file format? Select all, copy, paste into Paint or like program and save as. Later versions of Publisher have the option to save as an image. -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com http://officebeta.iponet.net/en-us/publisher/FX100649111033.aspx "Silly Lobo" <Silly Lobo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:864F6463-C66E-44B6-A7F4-74CB8667D606@micro...