Found Page Border Template. But How Does it Work?

I have been looking for a way in excel to put a border around each pag
printed (similar to Word's Page Border option).  Apparently, so hav
many other users.

I found the attached excel file in response to a similar post b
another user on this site but for the life of me a cannot figure ou
how it does it.

Are their any excel wizard's that can look at the attached excel fil
and help me figure out how this file accomplishes the bodering of eac
page?

I cannot sleep until I know

         Attachment filename: page border template.xls
Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=45794

Guy

View>PageBreak Preview.

NOTE: this is just a preview.  It won't print out like that.

Now go to bed<g>

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 15:50:40 -0600, Guy Hoffman
<<Guy.Hoffman.12b1qe@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>I have been looking for a way in excel to put a border around each page
>printed (similar to Word's Page Border option).  Apparently, so have
>many other users.
>
>I found the attached excel file in response to a similar post by
>another user on this site but for the life of me a cannot figure out
>how it does it.
>
>Are their any excel wizard's that can look at the attached excel file
>and help me figure out how this file accomplishes the bodering of each
>page?
>
>I cannot sleep until I know.
>
>         Attachment filename: page border template.xls
>Download attachment: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=457944
>---

Gord
2/27/2004 10:27:11 PM
Gord,

I don't follow what you are trying to demonstrate.  What I canno
figure out is how the boder is automatically placed around the define
print range.  No matter what print range you define, It places a borde
around the entire selection.  If the print range spans multiple pages
it puts a border at the bottom of each page.

How, how, how

Guy

I opened the file and you have View>PageBreak Preview set "on".

Go to View(on Menu Bar next to "Edit") and click on "Normal" and see what
happens.

When in "pagebreak view" Excel is showing you where the page breaks will
occur.  You can set page breaks manually or let Excel do it for you after you
have set up the upper and lower margins in File>Print Setup>Margins.

As noted, it won't print out in this view, it is just a "preview".

Gord

On Fri, 27 Feb 2004 16:52:59 -0600, Guy Hoffman
<<Guy.Hoffman.12b4m9@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>Gord,
>
>I don't follow what you are trying to demonstrate.  What I cannot
>figure out is how the boder is automatically placed around the defined
>print range.  No matter what print range you define, It places a border
>around the entire selection.  If the print range spans multiple pages,
>it puts a border at the bottom of each page.
>
>How, how, how?
>

>---

Gord

why the microsoft offce it doesnt work i did download from intern
hi i downloaded microsoft offce form internet but it doest work what can i to do? please help us thanks goodbye ...

How copy excerpts from Entourage/Excel/Word "Help" pages to Notes?
In the OS X Finder's Help pages, you can select excerpts, and copy and paste them into Entourage Notes or Word documents . When one spends a lot of time moving within the Help indexes/trees in finding something that you may need again, it's helpful to copy that into a Note with several keywords in the subject line and use the power of Entourage/Find to quickly recall it later. But in "Help" for Entourage, Excel or Word, when you bring up a page Command-A to select all or mousing over the panel does not select anything. Command-C without selecting/highlighting does not wor...

Fit background picture to Excel page
How do I resize the Tiff or JPEG image formatted as BACKGROUND to fit my printed page? The picture is spread over too many columns to be seen properly within the view area of the spreadsheet. Thanks Patrick Duong Patrick If you set the background through Format>Sheet>Background, it won't print, so don't worry about it. Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Wed, 15 Sep 2004 12:29:04 -0700, "patrick.duong@mappbio.com" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >How do I resize the Tiff or JPEG image formatted as >BACKGROUND to fit my printed page? >The pict...

home page script
Hi there, Is there a script I can run at bootup to set up my IE home page? Thank you, T Control Panel > Internet Options > General tab > Home Page --- Leonard Grey Errare humanum est Tester wrote: > Hi there, > Is there a script I can run at bootup to set up my IE home page? Thank > you, T "Tester" <calinguga@netscape.net> wrote in message news:8d1021c1-ff43-4936-9bf1-ab809a64161f@g11g2000yqe.googlegroups.com... > Hi there, > Is there a script I can run at bootup to set up my IE home page? Thank > you, T ??? Are you asking ...

<Refresh All> not working properly
Hello I have a number of web queries in a single Excel worksheet. If I select <Refresh All> then some update but some don't. If I refresh them individually then thye work fine. Any reason for this and how may I get around this? Regards Alex ...

Thesaurus not found
Office Word 2007 My thesaurus is missing. If I try to check a word in the thesaurus I get an error--something like "thesaurus not found." (Sorry, I'm not at that computer now, so I can't quote the exact error. If this is critical, I'll retrieve it.) How (where) do I install the missing component? Thanks! Ken Isaacson SILENT COUNSEL, a legal thriller www.KenIsaacson.com Open Control Panel and change the installation of Office. If you have disk space - choose full installation. -- Best regards Malin D Office consultant/Trainer "Ken...

Error message: Style 'Percent' not found
Hi guys, I get the above error message in excel when i click on the percentage icon, any solutions to this silly problem. Thanks in advance Pantelis You're getting this because your "Percent" style has been deleted or is otherwise inaccessible. (Check Format / Style... and look for "Percent".) You can import the default styles from another workbook to correct this issue. Open the workbook with which you're having this problem (let's call it Book1 for now) and then click "New Workbook" to create a new book with the default styles intact (let...

Formatting Icons which don't work
I have a user who types information into a cell. They would like to use the formatting icon, % or $. It does not change the formatting however if she goes into Format, Cells and makes her selection it works fine. These might be converted documents from Lotus. In a blank worksheet the icons work as designed. I could make macros which might shorten her time but does anyone have any suggestions? Since it works on new workbooks (worksheets as well?????), I'm guessing it's not the icons themselves. I'm gonna guess it's the workbook/worksheet that's causing the trouble. I...

Retained Earnings Account Not Found
Hello: Upon year-end close in the General Ledger, the following error message is appearing: "Retained Earnings Account Not Found". It has been determined that this has to do with divisional retained earnings. The two retained earnings accounts are: 2999-01-00-00-100-00 and 2999-01-00-00-400-00. According to a TK article, this sort of closing to divisional retained earnings will not work. Why is that? Also, is the "remedy" to close to just one of these two accounts and simply conduct a manual reclassification entry afterward? childofthe1980s B...

Money 2007 ofx inport not working anymore afer MS Acounting Instal
Hi I just installed the 2008 version of Microsoft Accounting and now my Money 2007 bankstatements ( ofx files) don't import into Money 2007 anymore :(. Has anyone seen this problem? Thanks, Matt I know nothing about Microsoft Accounting and the file types it uses but you can see what program is registered for ofx files by checking the folder options under Windows explorer. You can even point it back to "Microsoft Money import handler" by clicking change. Art "guenthmn" <guenthmn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:630CEF3D-41AD-48FF-9D7A-26...

Page Orientation
Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for individual pages? If so, then how? Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some landscape. Thanks! On Fri, 23 Jun 2006 13:51:13 -0700, "Smithers" <A@B.COM> wrote: >Is it possible to set the page orientation (portrait or landscape) for >individual pages? If so, then how? > >Whenever I set the page orientation, it is applied to all pages in the >document. I'd like for some to be portrait and some lan...

Accounting templates
Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 Kaye Browse through the Excel section of the MS Template Gallery. http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/templates/default.aspx Gord Dibben Excel MVP On Fri, 18 Feb 2005 09:59:05 -0800, "Kaye" <Kaye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: >Are there templates to do accounting worksheets (trial balances, income >statements, do adjustments) and the like? I am using Excel 2000 ...

Print Group Footer At Bottom of Page
Hi Groupies I have a subreport in a group footer that I need to have printed at the bottom of the page. It will not show up on every page, so I can not put the subreport in the page footer. I can't believe there is no property to force this to print at the bottom of the page!! Is there some way I can force this to happen? -- Thanks for taking the time! CJ --------------------------------------------------------- Know thyself, know thy limits....know thy newsgroups! CJ wrote: >I have a subreport in a group footer that I need to have printed at the >bottom of the page. It w...

Schema Location not found
Hi, In the process of Validating my Schema, having hosted them in my local server (http://localhost/DataTypes/....) I still the get the error "Unable to determine the Location of Schema" in XML Spy and in VStudio.NET. Please advice. The Schemas hosted in the Local WebServer are also visible across the network, are we missing something here? Best, Greg ...

file not found
Launching Great Plains 8 from Citrix , can login ok but during initialization receive message window "Run Application Error" File Not Found:""GP8" "True" "VNAGPTEST" "VNA" "currym" "vnatexas"" allows us to click OK and application seems to work normally. Please advise. Thank you Mark currym@vnatexas.org Can you provide the properties of the Citrix icon you are using? It sounds like either there's something wrong with how the app was published or it's trying to find a dictionary. If you can look...

page size limitations when using two displays
I was about to post a question on this subject when I finally found the answer. I'm posting anyway it because others may be similarly perplexed. I recently added a second digital monitor to my wife's computer. It makes working on big spread sheets much easier. I have had two monitors on my computer for several months. Both run Excel97 under WinXP-pro. The original (first and older) monitor is set up to be viewed at a much lower resolution, 1280 x 768 pixels as compared to the 1680 x 1050 pixels on the new digital display. The video card is a Radeon 9200 Series that has the c...

Web query does not work for USCIS' site
Hello, I am trying to create a web query that imports data from the USCIS' site (https://egov.immigration.gov/cris/caseStatusSearch.do) For some reason, this does not work (no need to enter "Application Receipt Number" -- just select something on the main page -- still does not work). Any idea how to fix that? Thanks: Rossi ...

Outlook 2000 "Server cannot be found"
I applied all of the current updates for Office 2000 and Windows 2000. Outlook can no longer send or recieve email and presents the "Server cannot be found" message. I have checked the account set up and it is fine. I reestablished the account set up using the sbcglobal tutuorial for account set up in Outlook (just to be certain) and the result was still "Server cannot be found". I also checked that Network and Dial up security is set to Permit All Email fails to find the server via an established DSL connection and it also fails with a dial up connection. I c...

How to sort email when clicking on Header doesnt work ?
Outlook 2003. Clicking on the Header "Subject" places a few e-mails out of order. I tried to modify the Subject ( by typing A B C D as the First word) - it did not fix the problem. I also tried to use a Custom column/Field - but could not figure out how to enter text in those fields ( I use Custom fields in the Tasks area though - works great ). Microsoft Help - is no help. Please help ! Thank you. ...

Half Page Receipt
A few months ago I battled for 2 days trying to configure the full page recipt format in RMS to print on 8.5 x 5.5 (half page) to no avail. problem w/ line items would not correctly start on second page. Even MS support could not tell me how to do it. Turns out the solution is VERY SIMPLE. Adjust the height of the footer to be 7 inches. This single change solved my problem. Just thought I'd post it in case anyone else had a similar problem. ...

Search bar template in Publisher
Hi everyone. I just started using publisher and want to add a search bar to the site. How do I get one or insert one in MS Publisher? I can easily accomplish this in FrontPage, but the code doesn't copy over because of HTML tags. Any Assistance would be gratly appreciated! Use the Insert HTML code fragment feature. DavidF "Bearaness" <Bearaness@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C12A7EBA-C092-4430-921F-B7510803EB8D@microsoft.com... > Hi everyone. I just started using publisher and want to add a search bar to > the site. How do I get one or ins...

excel 2000 downloadable template for amortizations. can't find
A year ago I found a place to download an amortization template in MS Excel 2000. Monthly and Bi-monthly. I believe it was an article written by a user who was just passing along the information. I can't find it now. I lost everything on my computer to a virus and really need this back. Any help will be appreciated. Thanks Hi Pyro Princess, Try: http://tinyurl.com/a64k6 --- Regards, Norman "pyro princess" <pyroprincess@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D97F95BB-3BDF-4C16-8BAC-67E36C65C3A5@microsoft.com... >A year ago I found a place to do...

hunapp, scanpst found no errors
Hello all! I have outlook 2003 running on windows XP. The program is freezing and causing the "hungapp" error when i forcefully shut it down. It freezes after a few seconds, regardless if i move the mouse or check the email. I initially ran scanpst, and it found errors, but after restarting, the program acted the same. A subsequent scan found no errors. My main outlook.pst file is 1.3 gigs, and i have other .pst files, totaling around 1.46 gigs. I dont think this is close to the 2 gig limit. Could this still be why my program is hanging? Here is the log from scanpst: Microsoft...

Found it
I did a clean boot ( knowledgebase art.-310353 In microsoft.public.money, hans wrote: >I did a clean boot ( knowledgebase art.-310353 What did that then permit you to succeed at? ...

What keys to move from bottom to top of page without scrolling?
In Excel and Word you can move from the bottom of the page to the top of the page by hitting a certain combination of keys, without scrolling using the mouse. Whcih key combo? Ctrl + End and Ctrl + Home, note that it is a bug if your sheet has been for instance larger and you have deleted parts it might still go to the deleted range, if you use Pageup and Pagedown it will step a page at a time Regards, Peo Sjoblom "wkscott" <wkscott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:026AD7FC-75D2-4EDF-B7FE-FB3B1E149B42@microsoft.com... > In Excel and Word you can move...