Formulas Referencing Pivot Table results

I'm using a pivot table to sum batting statistics.  I
calculate the batting average by referencing cells in the
table.

However, when I add a new batter or remove a batter, and
refresh the table, the formula references are incorrect.

Why is that and is there a way to maintain formula
references as new batters are added/removed?

Thanks

John

0
anonymous (74725)

It sounds like you could use a calculated field in your pivottable.

show the pivottable toolbar if it's not already shown.
click on PivotTable dropdown
click on formulas
click on calculated field

Give it a nice name (Batting Average?).
and make the formula
=hits/atbats

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

help with formula please #2

Storing a Rand result
Hi I am trying to simulate a dice roll with: =RAND()*(6-1) which works fine. I.E. in Cell A1: =RAND()*(6-1) The problem I have that I want to store the first result in the next cell I.E. in cell A2 result of A1 but every time I click on the button to roll the dice A1 changes which is ok - but A2 does not keep the result of the first roll. This is my problem. Is there any way round this? I hope you get my drift. Thanking you all in anticipation. Paul First, I would think your formula would look more like: =INT(RAND()*(6-1+1)+1) VBA's help for the RND function shows this to ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Merging two tables based on a unique data field
I have two text files that I would like to merge into one based on a common data field. One has persons' names and addresses, the other has different information about each person. Both have a unique ID number that can be used to combine the data. What is the best way to bring them together? Using Excel? or Access? What process should I use to get the text data into the program? then to combine the data? I'd appreciate whatever help anyone can give. Thank you, Jeanne Import the data into two separate Access tables. Create a new query using both tables as the data source. Mak...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

add field to form from different table
I have a form - record source is t0103Issue.(see below for fields) I would like to add a text box with a field (LevelorAdj) from a different table(see below for LevelorAdj) Textbox is named LJ table t013IssueDesc (add LevelorAdj to form) IssueDescID IssueDesc LevelorAdj table t0103Issue (for form) IssueID RiskID IssueDescID How is this done? -- deb Deb, in the form's current event, add: LJ=dlookup("LevelorAdj","t013IssueDesc","IssueDescID = " & [IssueDescID]) UpRider "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A710...

Count formula within a named range.

Including a formula in a path name.

Word Table into Excel
When I copy a row of text (divided into a number of columns) from a wor table and paste in Excel - it copies down all information from acros the columns down into ONE column (col A) instead of across int seperate columns. Is there any way I can copy over details from table in word to cells into Excel without writing VB -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com you can create a table in Word that is the same size as the excel information that you are trying to move and then simply copy and paste (when pasting make sure that you highlight the entire table though.) >-----Origi...

FORMULA #14

Report returning table ID, not actual table data
I have a table which has First Name and Last Name as fields. I have another table used for problems that references this into 1 field called FullName. The properties for this is a combobox and the row source is: SELECT [EmployeeID], [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName] FROM Employees ORDER BY [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName]; Now I am trying to create a report from the Problems table that will only show open problems. I did this by creating a query. The query is correct . My problem is with the actual report. Instead of listing the Name field, it is...

Pull Unique Values From a List/Table
How can I pull unique values from a table? I track vendors who might sell multiple items, but I only need to show the vendor once so I can pull other information. There are also may be blanks in the rows if the vendor is inactive. Thanks! Let me add one more twist to this problem: The unique values also need to filter out where it may be 'VendorA - West' and 'VendorA - East' and combine them into one record. I only need it to show VendorA and not both records East and West (same company, just different drop ship location). Thanks! "Karl Burrows" <kfb1@spa...

Pivot Tables and Graphs (charts)
Background: I have a Pivot Table (PT) which is updated monthly. A chart is tied to the data in the PT. The X-axis contains the months and the Y-axis contains the respective data of the months. Question: How can the chart be updated automatically (this should include the latest monthly data) whenever the PT is updated (refreshed)? Thanks in advance. learnlearn52 wrote: > Background: > > I have a Pivot Table (PT) which is updated monthly. A chart is tied to the > data in the PT. The X-axis contains the months and the Y-axis contains the > respective data of the months....

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Importing Tables
I have a database which needs to import a table from databases that are created by another system. My database checks the folder for any databases that have been created, and lists them in a file. I then import the table, append the records to another table and then delete the database individually. Is there any way I could automate the process and import to the same table? 1. Check for databases (variable Db names) 2. Import table (always 'partsummary') 3. Delete database. The code I currently use is below. Dim strPath As String strPath = Me.FileName DoCmd.Tra...

Lock in formulas
I have a worksheet that I use over-and-over again. It has several columns of data, and some of the columns have long and hard to remember formulas to total the columns. I usually delete the numbers in the columns after I print out the worksheet, leaving the formulas intact at the bottom of the columns. Being human, I occasionally goof and delete the sum formulas too. Is there a way that I can lock the formula cell at the bottom of the column so that I don't accidentally delete it? Thanks in advance, Malcolm A two step process a) select the cell that you DO want the user ...