Formulas not being copied down - until cell is clicked into

My problem is that when I copy a formula in excel the
formula appears to have copied down the column correctly
but it outputs the wrong answer.  It is not until I
actually click in to the cell (doubleclicking or F2) and
then click enter that the correct value appears.

WEIRD!

Please advise!
0
chad933 (9)

Go to tools options calculation and make calculation
automatic.

Alan

0
aenpkenn (2)
7/9/2003 11:53:09 PM
Have you checked if calculation is automatic?  Press F9 - if they update
then your calculation is manual.  Go to Tools - Option - Calculation Tab and
set to automatic

0
JS2479 (16)

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

copying .pst files
I'm copying a .pst file to my CD drive. It looks like it's going well but the copying won't finish. The dialog box is indicating that there are 10 seconds left for the past 1/2 hour. The file is only 43 meg. Thanks, Mike Is Outlook closed? Have you checked Task Manager to ensure that Outlook.exe and Mapi are not running? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and f...

Removing a date by inputting a newer one in another cell
I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user, I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of various units, and is controlled by quantity and dates. What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the ordered date when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So far I have not been able to make this work. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me. Many Thanks Mike You could use a worksheet_change event that clearscontents of the original cell. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com ...

help with a formula #5

Trying to make part of an output in another cell italicized.
Hello all, I have Excel from Office XP and am using it on Windows XP Home Edition I'm working on a program where users enter text in various cells. Fo example: A B 1 Name: ------ 2 Date: ------ Then the text that they enter is displayed in another cell all togethe using the following formula: =$B$4&", "&$B$5&". "&"("&$B$6&"). "&$B$7&". "&$B$8&" "&$B$9&"("&$B$10&"), "&$B$11&"-"&$B$12&"." I'...

Can offset be used in this formula?

copy and paste
In publishter 2000 I can't get copy/cut and paste to worke inside the table frame? any ideas ...

Formula #29

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Link cell
When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data You can check first: =if(b99="","",b99) or =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) neilbrown1965 wrote: > > When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, > how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data -- Dave Peterson ...

Count formula within a named range.

Copy macro to other row
Hi all, I've created two macron that executes calculations on a certain row. Can I copy these macros so that they can execute the same calculations but on a another row i.e. only on one row at the time leaving the others unaffected. Regards Dan As always, post your coding efforts for comments -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "togge" <dantorgny@spray.se> wrote in message news:1158919664.025298.246070@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've created two macron that executes calculations on a certain row. > Can I cop...

Formula to return a formula

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

Inventory Values Copied from Old into New Items
Guys, When I use the Copy function to create new items from older items, the invenory values are carried over. In other words, the On Hand, Committed... field values under the Inventory tab are the same as the source item. Now, this cannot be correct behaviour, since a new item is independent onto its own, with its inventory quantities totally unrelated to the item from which it was originally copied. Anybody has come across this before? How can I set this right? Thanks, This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0053_01C92EF5.0E1EBB10 Content-Type: text/plai...

trying to find how to display worksheet name in cell
I'm trying to determine the formula to display the worksheet name. http://contextures.com/xlfaqFun.html#SheetName From Debra Dalgleish's site. Yvonne Barber wrote: > > I'm trying to determine the formula to display the worksheet name. -- Dave Peterson ...

How do you merge cells with multiple data values?
How do you merge cells with multiple data values? Hi basically you can't ... and it's not a good idea to merge cells anyway- they cause problems "down the track" with sorting & filtering & other things. If you want the text from two or more cells in one, you can concatenate it using a formula =A1&" " & B1 will concatenate the contents of A1 and B1 (with a space between) into the cell with the formula you can then copy / edit - paste special, values this formula to turn it into a real value and then you can delete the original fields. But as f...

Copy a slide in greyscale/grayscale
Help ! In PowerPoint 97 it was possible, when in slide sorter view, to change to greyscale/grayscale and copy a slide. When this slide was then pasted into Publisher it would appear in Grayscale. I've tried doing this with PowerPoint 2003 and it converts the slide back to colour. Any clues ?? Many thanks. David wrote: > Help ! In PowerPoint 97 it was possible, when in slide > sorter view, to change to greyscale/grayscale and copy a > slide. When this slide was then pasted into Publisher it > would appear in Grayscale. > > I've tried doing this with Pow...

Cell format changes General into Text after focus + Enter
Strange cell behavior. I have a simple sheet. One cell has a reference to another cell, made by Both cells formatted as General Cell A4 value 8 Cell A10: Function button F2: =A4 result in 8 OK so far. But when I click on A10 followed by ENTER, it changes into =A4 and is formatted as Text, not General ********* No Macros / additional VBA code / Excel 2003 on XP SP2 Bart ...

Why do some of my spreadsheets create 2 copies of itself?
Some of our people get 2 copies of a spreadsheet that seemingly creates itself. They save their spreadsheet and it creates filename1 and filename2. We don't know what they do to make this happen but they only want the one. If you save it and reopen both pop right up. Anyone know what does this? They have opened two windows of the same file (Window>New window). This appends a number to the file name on the application bar which changes depending on what window is active. Simply close one window, maximise the one left and save the file. -- HTH Nick Hodge Microsoft MVP - Excel S...