formulas for round numbers up to next dolllar

I need to create a worksheet for work.  I need to take original cost of
merchandise, divide by 3, then multiply that amount by 8.  The final amount
needs to be taken to the next whole number.  Here is a example of what I need
to do.

$245 / 3 = $81.67 X 8 = $653.33

the final amount needs to be $654.00

0
dewberryz (1)

Hi

=ROUNDUP(245/3*8,0)

--
XL2002
Regards

William

willwest22@yahoo.com

"dewberryz" <dewberryz@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
| I need to create a worksheet for work.  I need to take original cost of
| merchandise, divide by 3, then multiply that amount by 8.  The final
amount
| needs to be taken to the next whole number.  Here is a example of what I
need
| to do.
|
| $245 / 3 = $81.67 X 8 = $653.33
|
| the final amount needs to be $654.00

0
willwest22 (109)
8/13/2004 4:34:18 AM
here is what you need
=ROUNDUP((A1/3)*8,0)

0
anonymous (74722)

Limiting formulas based on filtering?
Is there an easy way to build a formula that will only take values into consideration when the auto format is used. So, if I have a table of data and a formula based on this table and I filter one of my data columns to some vause then I would like my formula to automatically update. Is this possible? Thank you, CH The SUBTOTAL function ignores rows that are hidden by an autofilter (and optionally, also rows that were hidden manually). It can perform a wide range of operations, including sums, averages, counts, standard deviations, products, maximums, minimums, etc. Check E...

formula for money additions & subtractions
I am trying to get a formula to calculate payroll deduction for cas register +/-. When an employee is over by $10 or under by $24, th difference comes out of thier check. Example: if somone is -25.00 for the month $1.00 would come out of th check. If someone is +11.00 then $1.00 would come out of the chec also. the +/- for the month is in one cell so i would like the formula to b able to read that cell and figure out if it is too much or little fo the deduction. this is the greatest sight that i have ever found and i hope someon can help me Thank you, Mik -- Message posted from http...

Formula in Marksheet #2
Hi all... I need help on a 'formula' for my students' marksheet. For them to pass the whole exam, a student MUST PASS 7 SUBJECTS from 3 groups. The grouping is like these : A) Must pass ALL 4 subjects in Group A - marks are in cells D7, F7, H7, J7 B) Must pass AT LEAST 2 OUT OF 3 subjects in Group B - marks are in cells L7, N7, P7 C) Must pass AT LEAST 1 OUT OF 2 subjects in Group C - marks are in cells R7, T7 Thank you so much something like? if count(d7,f7,h7,j7)<4,"bad","good") -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.co...

Finding Next Empty Cell in a Range
My worksheet is set-up for 12 month price tracking. The entry range is 12 rows (months) by 31 columns (days). How can I write a macro that will locate the cursor to the next empty cell in the range? What I am looking for is an efficient "find" command. I would prefer to execute by ctl-(letter) if possible. Thanks for helping. Need more information - what last/empty cell are you looking for? Next empty one in a row or column? Do we need to consider what the current month or day is? While we're figuring that out, here's code with 3 separate 'sea...

What is the formula for series: Jan-04, Feb-04, Mar-04, etc.?
Hi Kitty, =DATE(YEAR(A1),MONTH(A1)+1,1) -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "kitty" <kitty@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:2C586891-2883-47B9-A3DE-AF77D4A9799E@microsoft.com... > Hi kitty, One way of doing it is with the formula below: If you have a date is cell A1 (01/01/04) and you want cell B1 to sho you the following month insert in B1 the formula below. =EOMONTH(A1,0)+1 You may have to install the "add in" the ToolPak in order for th formula to work other wise you will get a #NAME?, error. Hope thi helps -- Fa...

How can I prioritize tasks by number in Outlook 2007?
I am trying to create a custom priority for my tasks in Outlook 2007, but I'm not able to edit the field that was created when I changed the settings to include a custom priority. I'm trying to put a number into it, so that I can sort my tasks in a certain category by number, but I'm not able to. We aren't watching you and your explanation is missing details. Where in Outlook are you trying to view the Tasks? There are 3 places to see Tasks. If in the Task Folder, what View are you in? If in Tasks folder you probably need to turn on in-line editing. Regards Judy Gle...

Calculate number of months
Hello, I have a field where I am trying to implement a calculation. I want it to take the date in a cell and subtract it from today's date to show me the total number of months between those two dates. So right now, it looks like =(TODAY())-D3 and it returns 167 - the total number of days. How do I make it show me months? THANK YOU IN ADVANCE =Month(Today())-Month(D3) "TxWebDesigner" <beverly@beverlylanedesigns.com> schreef in bericht news:e3fR#jXWJHA.5032@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl... > Hello, > > I have a field where I am trying to implement a calculation...

I have a problem with getting a total Sum of numbers (URGENT)
I'd really appreciate if someone could help me here. I am using Microsoft Excel 2002 on a Microsoft Office XP system. I a trying to develop a minor league baseball schedule, but am having som problems. I have attached a copy of my spreadsheet to give everyone some idea o what I'm doing here. I have where the fans list the "RUNS, HITS & ERRORS) of both teams an for each game of the series. I then have it set up in the TOTA WON/LOST column where if the T-Bones RUNS are more than the SALTDOG runs, a "1" appears in the WON column. If the SALTDOGS have a highe numbe...

time formulas
Can anybody give me an advice Lets say i put in first column dime of departure and in second one time of arrival (of course i know have to insert the time ). In third column i get the time spent somwhere. So far everything is ok. The problem occ urs when i want the sum of all differences in the third column (rows are months dates). The autosumm formula wont work and the result is completely wrong. thanks miro Hi format the resulting cell with the custome format [hh]:mm -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany axiom wrote: > Can anybody give me an advice > > Lets say i put i...

Formula for excel example 555 x 15%
=555*0.15 -- Paul B Always backup your data before trying something new Please post any response to the newsgroups so others can benefit from it Feedback on answers is always appreciated! Using Excel 2002 & 2003 "sari" <sari@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:7B4BA8D5-04A4-4195-B749-DFEED0452A3A@microsoft.com... > ...

number in system using arrivals and departures
Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a system if have access to the arrival and departure times. I have tried to use counts with if statements, but I keep getting the number 1. I know this is not correct. Is there any special macros or functions Thanks Hi you may provide some more details about your data. Could you post some example rows (plain text - no attachments please) and describe your expecte result -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany megv wrote: > Is there and easy way to figure out the total number of persons in a > system if have access...

how would you calculate the number of hits to your website
Hi ,' can some one tell to me the answer of this question On a website, how would you calculate the number of hits to your website ...

Pasting Formulas bug?
I seem to be having a strange problem with my Excel (11.2.5) for Mac. I have pasted formulas for years and never had an issue...until now. The formulas are simple (addition, subtraction, etc.). I copy the formula in a cell and paste it to a new one (I even do this with Paste Special...Formula). What appears in the spreadsheet is the value of the original cell, not the result of the "relative" formula -- even though the formula bar displays the correct "relative" formula. I can only get the correct value in the new cell if I go into the formula bar and press return at the...

Pivot table
Can I develop a formula that I can add to those which you pick from whe using the wizard ie sum, average, min, max etc Specifically, I want to add an IF statement to give me a 'flag' i which to summarize the data with elsewhere. The data behind the pivo changes (sales data) and I am trying to flag new customers that hav never worked with us before.....once they have traded with us then the dissappear as they are now an old customer To -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Hi no you can't do this -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany > Can I develop a for...

columns changed to numbers instead of letters?
I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. Thanks Mike In Excel Options uncheck "R1C1 Reference Style" Gord Dibben MS Excel MVP On Thu, 28 Oct 2010 20:25:30 -0400, Mike <no_please@not.com> wrote: >I noticed my excel clumns have changed from letters to numbers and >forumlas now look like =RC[-1]*R[-3]C[6] >I was trying to make the R[-3]C[6] static (using the $) but it errors. >Thanks >Mike ...

A way to increase a number in a cell by using the + key
Hi, i do a lot of data entry and am looking for a way to increase the number in a cell (or range of cells) so that i dont have to enter the new number in each time. I have columns that separate items and i use the sheet to show the total count for each item in it's row. eg Item 1 Item 2 Item 3 2 5 4 I'd like to use the + key only to increase the counts for each item. Did i make sense?? It's a Friday and my mind isn't quite up for a lot of detailed explanations, lol. Any assistance would be appreciated. Tim That would require VBA How far are you will...

Help Creating A Formula To Copy and Paste Text
Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a column then cut the word and paste it to another column. Of course this would be simple if it was the only word in the column, but there is other text that I would like to remain in the orginal column.. Thanks again, Mary You have a reply at your other thread. Mary wrote: > > Hi everyone. Thanks in advance for any help you may have. > > I need to create a formula that searches for a specific word in a > column then cut the word and paste it to ...

reference number #2
--------------------------------- Where does the information in the "reference number" field in the transaction table come from? I see tranactions with reference numbers - the first part of which appears to be the year, month and day - but I can't figure out the second part. It is nothing that we have intentionally entered while ringing out the customer. Pls help. -Tracey ##-----------------------------------------------## Newsgroup Access Courtesy http://www.rockryno.com/ Tax and Accounting Software Forums Web and RSS access to your favorite newsgroup - microsoft.p...

How to get Row # in formula?
I have several rows with the same formula but they are seperated, in some cases, by rows with other information to prevent me from just dragging a formula down to other rows. Ex. While in row 13: B13*C13+B13*D13+B13*E13 While in row 20: B20*C20+.... how can I write a formula to populate the "13" or "20" automatically for whatever row I am in? Thanks, Dave You may not be able to drag it, but if you copy row13 formula and go to row 20 it updates does it not? -- HTH Bob "DaveR" <DaveR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote ...

number changes to date ... how do I change
I am trying to do an "age" range: 1-9 10-19 20-29 Instead I get September 9, 2004 or October 19 I can't figure out how to change it. Please help! Thank you! kk Format->Cells->Number Change the type to Text, and it should keep everything the way you want it. If you don't specify a type, Excel takes a guess based on what you enter. Hope that helps. -Bob --- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ ...

Add numbers accross columns after stripping away text
I have the following data in a spreadsheet: A1 B1 C1 D1 E1 F1 4.5f 6f 3.5f 3f 7.25f I need to be able to add the numbers together to give me 24.25, i.e. strip the fs away. The numbers will always be less than 10 and the there will only ever be .25 or.5 or .75 after the number (I don't know whether that is significant?). If anyone can show me how to do this I would be very grateful. I have been messing around with MID and FIND to no avail and then started thinking that SUMPRODUCT might have to get involved but it all got a bit m...

Random numbers, Canadian Zip Code style #2
Honestly, I don't even know where to begin -- Shocke ----------------------------------------------------------------------- Shocked's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1489 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26523 ...

HELP!! How to formula the "sheet" link
Hi , I have a workbook contains 1+50 worksheet, I want to link each sheet number to sheet one, besides manually change the sheet # in the formula =SUM('sheet02'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet02'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet03'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet03'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet04'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet04'!$H$26) =SUM('sheet05'!$H$16:$H$21,'sheet05'!$H$26) ..... up to sheet 50... Can someone help me to automatic it in anyway? Thank you very much!!!! Nicole Try a formula like the following: =SUM(INDIRECT("Sheet"&TEXT(ROW()-4+2,&...

Copy a formula formatted as Text In Excel
I have a UDF that returns the formula of a given cell in a text format. Is there anyway to have excel recognize that the result of the function is a formula and not text. Once I click on the cell, hit F2 to edit it and then enter, Excel realizes it's a formula and then calculates the value, Nope. The formula in the cell is going to be the UDF--not the what formula string looks like. You could add some more steps. Select the range (if more than one cell) Convert to values (edit|copy, edit|paste special|values) and finally edit|replace what: = (equal sign) with: = replace all And exce...

Replacing Formulas
I am redoing a spreadsheet with several pages. In each page the cells refer to a sheet that contains a master list of items. THus in the cells it shows the item but really is a formula for the item to be retrieved from the master list. I would like to delete the master list. My question is: How do I get the items on each sheet to not become blank when I do so? Do I have to retype the items or is there some way of eliminating the formula and replacing it with the item name? I hope I have made myself clear. Thanks for any help. Bob Bob, select the cells, then Edit > Copy > Edit &...