Formulas don't work in certain cells #4

Thanks for the help so far guys, it's been a little while since
responded.

I tried copying the general cell and paste special with no luck.  Whe
trying the =isnumber(Cell#) thing I have found that some cells retur
true and some return 0.  I'm not sure what that means.  If I highligh
the cell, hold F9 and press the fx button, the dialog box opens an
states the argument and the result.  The result is right in the dialo
box, but when I close it the only thing that shows up is 0 in th
cell.

Please help
-Jorda

--
kalik24
kalik247's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1594

Hi

the 0 means that the cell does not contain a number it contains text ... so
click on a blank, unused cell somewhere (even one from a new workbook)
choose copy, select your "numbers" and choose edit / paste special - ADD
this should make them all "real" numbers now.

let us know how you go.

Cheers
JulieD

"kalik247" <kalik247.1fkq01@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message

> Thanks for the help so far guys, it's been a little while since I
> responded.
>
> I tried copying the general cell and paste special with no luck.  When
> trying the =isnumber(Cell#) thing I have found that some cells return
> true and some return 0.  I'm not sure what that means.  If I highlight
> the cell, hold F9 and press the fx button, the dialog box opens and
> states the argument and the result.  The result is right in the dialog
> box, but when I close it the only thing that shows up is 0 in the
> cell.
>
> Please help
> -Jordan
>

> --
> kalik247
> kalik247's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=15946
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=274238

0
JulieD1 (2295)

BeginWaitcursor doesnt work with Mouse Pointer
Hi I am facing a problem with the Wait Cursor The application requirement is that on click of a button, the Cursor should change to the Hour Glass Type till the function returns So, the code written is void CMyClass::OnExecuteButton( BeginWaitCursor() //Do some lengthy processin EndWaitCursor() The hour glass gets displayed just for a short time as i click the button.But after that during the execution it is not displayed. Using the keys i rightly cannot do any other operation on that dialog during the execution of the function but the mouse pointer is allowing me to do the same I have ...

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Trying to make part of an output in another cell italicized.
Hello all, I have Excel from Office XP and am using it on Windows XP Home Edition I'm working on a program where users enter text in various cells. Fo example: A B 1 Name: ------ 2 Date: ------ Then the text that they enter is displayed in another cell all togethe using the following formula: =$B$4&", "&$B$5&". "&"("&$B$6&"). "&$B$7&". "&$B$8&" "&$B$9&"("&$B$10&"), "&$B$11&"-"&$B$12&"." I'...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Link cell
When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data You can check first: =if(b99="","",b99) or =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) neilbrown1965 wrote: > > When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, > how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data -- Dave Peterson ...

Count formula within a named range.

excel 4 conversion to excel 2008 for Mac
I have been using excel 4 on Mac computers for years, and like it. I recently purchased Office :mac 2008 and wish to convert simple spread sheets. How? In article <ee8dd08.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Arthur_Massey@officeformac.com wrote: > I have been using excel 4 on Mac computers for years, and like it. I recently > purchased Office :mac 2008 and wish to convert simple spread sheets. How? If you saved your file in XL4 format (e.g., workbooks as .xlw and worksheets as .xls), XL08 should open them just fine. XL08 no longer *saves* in XL4 format though, so if you wish to sav...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Outlook 2007 spell check not working
The spell check for a co-worker isn't working in outlook, it does in Word and it isn't due to the signature. Had heard/read about RegEdit, but not sure what to edit. Any guidance would be helpful. Define 'doesn't work' - does F7 bring up spell check? See http://www.slipstick.com/emo/2009/up090611.htm#3 for the registry key to remove. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Outlook & Exchange Solutions Center: http://www.slipstick.com/ Outlook Tips by email: mailto:dailytips-subscribe-request@lists.outlooktips.ne...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Lock in formulas
I have a worksheet that I use over-and-over again. It has several columns of data, and some of the columns have long and hard to remember formulas to total the columns. I usually delete the numbers in the columns after I print out the worksheet, leaving the formulas intact at the bottom of the columns. Being human, I occasionally goof and delete the sum formulas too. Is there a way that I can lock the formula cell at the bottom of the column so that I don't accidentally delete it? Thanks in advance, Malcolm A two step process a) select the cell that you DO want the user ...

How do I merge new text into existing text cells.
I need to add the same text (.JPG) to existing text. I have over 4000 existing cells to add this same file extension to. I can't seem to figure out how to do this without manually going into each cell. Any suggestions would be great. enter .jpg into cell B61 for example and assume that you have filenames 10001 and 10002 running down the column starting in A61, A62 etc. Then type in to cell C61 =+A61&$B$61 The just drag the cell down to copy against each one. -- filky ------------------------------------------------------------------------ filky's Profile: http://www.exc...

CRM 4.0 websiteurl field not "linked"
In CRM 3.0 you used to be able to click on the websiteurl field and it would open up a web browser and navigate to that URL. This isn't working in CRM 4.0. Is there a way to correct this? Normally it should work if you double click the url in the field... Regards, Kevin Dosseray "cmariotti@careerdoor.com" wrote: > In CRM 3.0 you used to be able to click on the websiteurl field and it > would open up a web browser and navigate to that URL. > > This isn't working in CRM 4.0. Is there a way to correct this? > ...

Blank cell return after each data entry
I have a data entry Sheet for loading details to Invoice (sheet 1) and this data entry sheet loads as soon as file opens. It open with the cells still with old datas in, is there a way of either the cells being empty when next data load or actually clearing after use / enter the buttoms (macro) - OK / Next ? Rdgs. Sudipta Maybe you should create a template from your data entry sheet! A new workbook opened from a template shall always have empty cells. -- Regards! Stefi „Sudipta Sen” ezt írta: > I have a data entry Sheet for loading details to Invoice ...