Formulas do not work in excel.

Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless
we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new
worksheets.

Try going to tools-option-calculation and click automatic if it is on manual.

Let me know if it works.

"Flintlock98" wrote:

> Formulas have been working but suddenly they will not add or subtract unless
> we click on the target cell. This happens in all excel files even in new
> worksheets.
0
Bren (6)

BeginWaitcursor doesnt work with Mouse Pointer
Hi I am facing a problem with the Wait Cursor The application requirement is that on click of a button, the Cursor should change to the Hour Glass Type till the function returns So, the code written is void CMyClass::OnExecuteButton( BeginWaitCursor() //Do some lengthy processin EndWaitCursor() The hour glass gets displayed just for a short time as i click the button.But after that during the execution it is not displayed. Using the keys i rightly cannot do any other operation on that dialog during the execution of the function but the mouse pointer is allowing me to do the same I have ...

help with formula please #2

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #8
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Kristian, You can only run functions from a worksheet. Not subs. You can use a worksheet change event. Do a google search for w...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Is there a virus out there that is affecting excel spreadsheets
Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I shut my computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It seemed to correct the problem for now but can someone advise me if there is a virus out there that is affecting the spreadsheet programs Thanks Jean "jean" <jean@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E371C861-DCB6-4B4F-AF08-335133C560EB@microsoft.com... > > Was adding my spreadsheets and the numbers would not add up. So I > shut my computer down and ran a norton anti virus program. It seemed > to correct the problem for n...

Excel programming
Hi All! Here is some Help asked, since I'm not familiar with Excel programming, I can't find an Answer for my problem. Here is the Problem: I need to replace come words in 1st.Cell with words from another 3rd.Cell if Content of the 1.st.Cell and the 2nd.Cells matches. Main problem is the Volume 25.000 Strings ? 15 Rows. As I understand the algorithm for this operation it may look like this: Get Ai Value Get Bj Value Compare Ai and Bj values for equality If true then get Cj Value and put to Ai Value; Next Ai (Ai++) If false then get next Bj (Bj++) Example: Before replaceme...

Formula #29

How do YOU organize the Excel projects? #2
I am not a pro in the programming, but I wrote several macros/programs doing various stuff over the years. Some of the rutines I use for future reference. All of them are in the Module1, Module2.....Module35. If I want to find some of the projects I have to go through 30 modules to find the right one. How do pros take care of it? Thanks. You may assign names to your modules. In the VB Editor, select the module and choose View>Properties>select the name that says Module1 and change it as desired. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "art" <a...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

COM in VB Excel
How do you register a stand alone COM object in a VB macro? ...

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Word Table into Excel
When I copy a row of text (divided into a number of columns) from a wor table and paste in Excel - it copies down all information from acros the columns down into ONE column (col A) instead of across int seperate columns. Is there any way I can copy over details from table in word to cells into Excel without writing VB -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com you can create a table in Word that is the same size as the excel information that you are trying to move and then simply copy and paste (when pasting make sure that you highlight the entire table though.) >-----Origi...

Including a formula in a path name.

excel 4 conversion to excel 2008 for Mac
I have been using excel 4 on Mac computers for years, and like it. I recently purchased Office :mac 2008 and wish to convert simple spread sheets. How? In article <ee8dd08.-1@webcrossing.caR9absDaxw>, Arthur_Massey@officeformac.com wrote: > I have been using excel 4 on Mac computers for years, and like it. I recently > purchased Office :mac 2008 and wish to convert simple spread sheets. How? If you saved your file in XL4 format (e.g., workbooks as .xlw and worksheets as .xls), XL08 should open them just fine. XL08 no longer *saves* in XL4 format though, so if you wish to sav...

Excel Changes Links Improperly
We are having a problem where Excel changes links to other workbooks and breaks them. This comes up in the following scenario. Different users have access rights to different directories and have their drives mapped differently (i.e. to the directories they have access to). Sometimes a user modifies data in a file that has links to directories that don't exist for them. Of course the links don't work for them, but that's ok. What isn't ok is that when they save the file, Excel changes the links (apparently trying to make the links relative to drive where this use...

FORMULA #14

Importing from Excel to Outlook #2
When I try to import to Outlook from Excel I'm having a problem with zip/postal codes. All of my zips are in New Jersey and the first number of the zip is zero (0). I set the excel worksheet to recognize that column as "special, zip code" but when Outlook tries to pull in the data it's dropping off all the zeros leaving me with a 4 digit zip, sans the zeros. So frustrating. Please help! Thanks! Perhaps format the Excel field as text? "Bob" <Bob@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E40573F0-B8CB-41CE-B946-8FB0E179ACF3@microsoft.com... > ...

how do I set up a outlier in excel graph?
Isn't that interesting? For the last few days I've been using MS's web interface to NNTP. Today, each time I clicked on the 'Reply' button for this post I got the error 'An error occurred while sending your post' I wonder if this problem occurs when trying to respond to any message with a empty (i.e., zero length) body. -- Regards, Tushar Mehta www.tushar-mehta.com Excel, PowerPoint, and VBA add-ins, tutorials Custom MS Office productivity solutions In article <5DAC0AFB-D457-448F-B795-3C0895F46694@microsoft.com>, CleitonBassani@discussions.microsof...