Formulas coming up as text

Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get
formulas to always calculate.

If your formulas appear as text, then you need to first clear the cells
before entering formulas. Select the cells, hit Edit-->Clear-->All. Save the
file, format the column as General, and try again.
*******************
~Anne Troy

www.OfficeArticles.com

"cheryl" <dianeshar14donotspam@example.com> wrote in message
> Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get
> formulas to always calculate.

0
ng1 (1444)
7/20/2005 6:00:19 AM
Cheryl,

One possibility is that Tools - Options - View - Formulas has been set.
This causes columns to widen, and all formulas to appear as formulas, not
the results in the usual way.  Pressing Ctrl ` (the ` character is one key
left of the 1 key) toggles this setting on and off, and could have been
pressed by accident.
--
Earl Kiosterud
www.smokeylake.com

"cheryl" <dianeshar14donotspam@example.com> wrote in message
> Formulas continue to appear as text and will not calculate. how to get
> formulas to always calculate.

0
someone798 (945)

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Text to Columns #4
I have a column and all I need is the last 5 characters in this field. Problem is that this field has various text lengths. How can I get the last 5 characters and delete the rest. My spreadsheet have 1,000 or so lines. This Column looks like this: AESGROUPGR123 AESGROUPGR457 AESGROUPGR236 SECTIOGR046 MSGTYHSYHSYHGR123 MSGTYHSYYHGR123 My first thought was to make ths column flush right in Text to columns, but I do not see that making it flush right is an option. Ideas? Thanks. Thanks a bunch Pete I appreciate your time and efforts on my behalf Pete_UK wrote: > Try this: > > =...

Weekday formula

Why my contents written to a file which is opened in binary is still a text
Hello, I am facing a problem in writing my contents into a file in binary mode. There is no exception or no error. Can any one help me why the following code not able to write contents in binary format to a file ? if (fp.Open("test.dat",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeReadWrite | CFile::typeBinary | CFile::shareDenyNone)==NULL) return FALSE; else { char buff[20]; strcpy(buff,"hello world"); fp.Write(buff,strlen(buff)); } fp.Close(); I used both CFile and CStdioFile but even them i did not get success. When i open the file i still see my contents in ...

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Plain Text Emails From Outlook Web Access
Does anyone know how to send plain text emails from Outlook web access? The only options I can find are to send them using different fonts. Any ideas, please email at orlando@cybrzn.com Thanks! Well, considering OWA is HTML... you could configure it on the server - compose in HTML, convert to plain text when it's sent but it would apply to all messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google...

TransferText
Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? Please advise. Thank you. "Brig Siton" <bnospamsiton@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e0wzJZZ1KHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and > APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? TransferText will always overwrite the target file. If you still want to use TransferText, you can export to a temporary file, then use one of seve...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

Genrating text and auto number
How to generate auto number but i want it to be combination with text Example L0001, THEN L0002 and so on..how? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Emily, What does the 'L' stand for ? Will this field contain other series of numbers that start with some other letter but which must also start sequencing at 00001? By storing more than one piece of information in a single database field, you are violating the first normal form of database design. I would recommend you store the letter designator in a separate field. Assuming that you have other letters, that mu...

Read text file problem (CStdio::ReadString())
I have created a function that reads a text file containing a list of servers. The code for this function is below but for some reason it doesn't retrieve any data from servers.pdd. My code below shows that ReadString() is returning 0. Any ideas? void CServersDlg::GetServerList() { TRY { CStdioFile f; CString s; CString output; if(f.Open("servers.pdd", CFile::modeRead | CFile::shareExclusive | CFile::typeText)) { BOOL retval; while(retval = f.ReadString(s)) // retval = 0, so does no iterations { output += s; //never occurs ...

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Export to Text file.
Please help me. I writen this VBA code for export range to Text file. -------- Option Explicit Private Sub ExportButton_Click() Dim fHand As Long, expCode As Variant fHand = FreeFile Open ExportName For Output As fHand Write #fHand, TextBox 'TextBox included text "[Example]" Write #fHand, "key_temp=" For Each expCode In Range(CodeRef) Write #fHand, 1, expCode Next expCode Close fHand End Sub -------- I want export content should like this [Example] key_temp=1,000690;1,000063;1,000022;1,000829;0,600001;0,600005;0,000001;1,39 9001; -------- But now is...

Changing undelivered message text
Hi, I need to change the exchange's default message for mail not sent because the mailbox is not valid. I need to "complete" this default message with some other text to better filter them on my rule's outlook. Any ideas? Max -- ICQ 3814172 On Thu, 17 Feb 2005 09:44:54 GMT, "ConteMax" <maxloi@contea.net> wrote: >Hi, >I need to change the exchange's default message for mail not sent >because the mailbox is not valid. I need to "complete" this default >message with some other text to better filter them on my rule's >...

evaluating text cell contents
I have a large number of cells with nothing but text in them. I want to evaluate the first few words in each and then create a macro to move the contents of that cell to a new column depending on the cell's contents. Any creative ideas out there? I am using Excel 2000. Make a list on a new worksheet of those words/phrases. Put them in A1:Axx. Then loop through your cells looking for those words/phrases. If you find it/them, then move the contents and go to the next cell. dim ListWks as worksheet dim wks as worksheet dim myRng as range dim myCell as range dim myListRng as range dim...