Formulas #6

I have a problem right here. When I want to create an individual list
(Sheet2) from the master data list (sheet1), the link does not follow
in accordance to the master list after I copy & paste in   Sheet2. If
the individual list's range(Sheet2) is (A4:M49), (A50:M95),
(A96:M141)...almost 100 of if, and the linkage is as below:

Sheet1      Link to      Sheet2
(Master)                   (Individual)
A4                  -              F5
B4                  -              D8
C4                  -              E8

A5                  -              M5
B5                  -              K8
C5                  -              L8

What should I do in order to make it like this (without typing the
formulas one by one):

A6                  -              F51
B6                  -              D54
C6                  -              E54

A7                  -              M51
B7                  -              K54
C7                  -              L54

A8                  -              F97
B8                  -              D100
C8                  -              E100

A9                  -              M97
B9                  -              K100
C9                  -              L100

Many Thanks.

---

Pivot Table Formula #3
Can a formula be done in one Pivot Table using a field from another pivot Table? A calculated field can only refer to fields in its own pivot table. It can't refer to other pivot tables. carolini wrote: > Can a formula be done in one Pivot Table using a field from another pivot > Table? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures.com/tiptech.html ...

copying down formulae
I have tried to create a macro that will insert a new row into a user specified position on worksheet 1, and then the macro then inserts a new row into the same row number on worksheets 2-6 So if i have highlighted row 5 on worksheet 1 and then run the macro, a new row is inserted on worksheet 1 and then also the same happens, in the same position, on the following 5 worksheets. My problem arises in the fact that i want the formulae i have in the cells above(or below - it makes no difference) the new inserted row to be copied into the new row i have just inserted. Any ideas? Many ...

What is correct formula?
Can someone please explain me what is correct formula i excel.....I need to markup or increase A1 for 30% A1=16101.35 =A1*1.3 and that is 20931.75 (B1) when I go to check =1-(A1/B1) i get 23% -------------------------------------------------------- A1=16101.35 =A1/0.7 and that is 23001.93 (B1) when I go to check =1-(A1/B1) i get 30% So what is correct? Hi dmmatic, 16101.35*1.3=20931.75 and 16101.35/0.7=23001.93 so the problem is with your checking. If you use a formula like =(B1-A1)/A1, that will give you 0.3 (or 30%) for the first calculation, and 0.42857... (or 42.857%) for the secon...

FRX Calc Formula...
I just would like to ask if my formula for CALC is correct.. In the row format, I am checking the value of a row. When the value is less than 0 or a negative it will display the value of another row. And if it is a positive it will also display another row. IF A1930>0 then A1960 else A1970 ...

formula to lookup a value in a range
Hi. I am trying to find a formula that would lookup the value of a cel at varying locations in a list. for example =AH3 + 25 to lookup cel AH28 where the number 25 is taken from a calculation. any suggestion would be appreciated -- richardmon ----------------------------------------------------------------------- richardmont's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3498 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=54719 Use the INDIRECT function. E.g, =INDIRECT("AH"&3+A1) "richardmont" <richardmon...

Formula to fill one cell from another
I have a table of data based upon the 12 months of the year, one month per column. Other data is added to the spreadsheet with associated month numbers: e.g., 124 for 1 (January), 34.5 for 4 (April), etc. This other data comes in sequentially; i.e., if there are only 3 months of data, they will come in three adjacent cells. I need to ensure this other data is placed in the correcy month within the table; e.g., 124 for 1 is put into the table's January column; 34.5 for 4 is put into the table's April column; etc. I seem to remember, a while back, there was a function(?...

Formula Assistance #2
Question. How can I use the mathematical value of one cell as a "text value" in another. I suppose what I need the cells mathematical value as a "text string" in another cell. For example, I have three Columns-----Column A, Column B, Column C Column A= "Stations" Column B= "Sets" I am solving for Column C= "Average Reps" Column A Column B Column C Stations Sets Average Reps 15 45 X 15 45 X 12 36 12 24 Pretty straight forward how to do this. Column C =3 =sum(b1/a1) However, what I want to do is create a formula that will allo...

Auction Software #6
AJ Auction Pro is the best Auction Portal script software available in the Universe. Being a PHP /MYSQL Script providing complete online auction solutions, it has now expanded to offer services such as Merchant Solutions, Packaged Software and Enterprise Solutions. Unlike the various majorities of services out there we make a difference! sources: http://www.ajauctionpro.com/ Does it have any MFC in it? Just wondering why you'd post this to this forum? I don't see a question. Tom <ahmik.flock@gmail.com> wrote in message news:a92cbd6d-0596-487d-9fd5-4bbd2a5d60c1@u36g2000prf...

Formula #19
What is the formula to divide a number in a cell by the number of months to date in the current year? One way: =A1/MONTH(TODAY()) In article <1137109107.464981.10720@g49g2000cwa.googlegroups.com>, "Jim" <jim.hogan@whfinancial.com> wrote: > What is the formula to divide a number in a cell by the number of > months to date in the current year? That is the formula I've been using, or =A1/MONTH(NOW()), however bot are simply carrying the number in A1 to the new cell. Any other ideas? I think I'm missing something. It's January, so you are divi...

Timesheet formula problem
Trying to add two rows of times with the result in one cell, but having trouble. When I try to add the two rows together, I get a “$VALUE” result. The result for each row displays fine in the HOURS WORKED column on an individual/per-row basis –– but I need to display just one result for both rows - in the “Row 2” cell of the “HOURS WORKED” column for that day. The formulas for each row are shown below. Times are written in standard AM and PM format. The IF statement are for controls to display standard (12-hr.) time format, a text option for writing in notes, and so that ...

Formulas not calculating periodically
I have Office 2003, this started a couple of weeks ago that simple formuls like Sum or =A1+A2, etc, will not calculate. These are worksheets that work when I have them open and then a little while later will not work when I open them again. I can close and not save and then try to open them again and the formulas will work the next time (sometimes I have to open and close it 4 or 5 times before it works). It seems to be happening more frequently now. I checked that autocalculate is checked. Even hitting F9 will not work. Could be a virus on your computer or in the Exce...

Formula Help Please #6
I'm doing a lotto chart for work. The initial investment is $250. If we win or lose, I would like to key in the amount in the respective column and have the amount column automatically update itself. The one thing I can't figure out is how to take the previous days amount and make it part of the formula. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks. I don't know if the example chart I've put in will translate well on the upload but this is how the chart looks. Thanks once again. Initial Investment Win Lose Amount 250 10 240 10 250 153...

excel formula question?help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
need help on getting this formula onto a excel page and then graphing the resul any help is mucho appreciated ti . this is for a file that has over 3000 names and i would like to be able to update this dail a. measure lwaccis as follows 1. if current close is greater than prior close,then lwaccdis=close-truelo 2.if current close is less than prior close,then lwaccdis=close-truehig 3.if current close is equal to prior close,then lwaccdis= b. calculation of true low 1. if pr...

Removed names in formulas?
Hi, if I remove the name of a cell, which is used in a formula, given formula does not change it back to the address - it returns #NAME?. Does exist any code how to change it? Thanx Marian "Marian" <mcon@hnonline.sk> wrote in message news:OV$gizcqDHA.2404@TK2MSFTNGP12.phx.gbl... > Hi, > > if I remove the name of a cell, which is used in a formula, given > formula does not change it back to the address - it returns #NAME?. > > Does exist any code how to change it? > > Thanx > > Marian > I don't know about code, but you can do it easil...

Creating a formula in Excel
How do I create a formula to update weekly PTO time? I have to keep up with 300 employees PTO time on a weekly basis. Example: I accumlate 1.54 hours at the end of every week with the week ending every Sunday. So starting 1/10/2010 I started off with 1.54 hours. Now, on 2/28/2010 I have accumlated 12.32 hours. I have people constantly asking me how many hours do they have. I would like to create a spreadsheet with all the employees names on it and have it update every Sunday, so that I will not have to go to the calculator for all these employees. Could someone give me an example...

Outlook Views #6
Dear All, If I am viewing email in all messages view. I selected one in which I was interested and then changed to conversation view in the hope that the selected email and associated emails would be highlighted. Alas no. Is there a way of doing this or of searching the conversations? I know I can search using find or advanced find but this does not group the results by conversation. Thanks, Danny ...

Formula #13
Can someone help me with a formula. If someone types a 1 into block A1, I want block C1 to say "GREEN". If they type a 2 in block A1, I want block C1 to say "Blue". If they type a 3 in block A1, I want block C1 to say "Black". And so on. Can anyone help? Bill The function you want is CHOOSE() In C1 type: =CHOOSE(A1,"Green","Blue","Black" -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com << The function you want is CHOOSE() In C1 type: =CHOOSE(A1,"Green","Blue","Black")>> Using ...

Universal formulas for any given row
Hello, I am new to Excel and I need help with creating formulas. I am trying to create a few formulas that will perform simple mathematical operations on data contained in any given row of the spreadsheet. I think I have figured out how to create a formula if I specify exactly which cells I want to perform mathematical operations on (i.e., entering "=A2+B2" into cell C2), but what I really need is to create universal formulas that, for any given row, will sum the values of column A and column B of that same row (i.e, cell CX=AX+BX, where X could be any single given row). For Row 5, ...

Formula to match Cell with table of contents
I currently have a Hyperlink table of contents listing each tab. This is listed in column C. I would like to match a cell (example E400) of each tab with each Table of Contents in column D. This would give me a summary of each tab next to the TOC list. This would help looking up any tab with significant balances. Thanks!! something like: =INDIRECT("'"&C2&"'!E400") -- Best Regards, Luke M "Terry" <Terry@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CD053CC9-8ED8-487E-BFB1-D590749C469C@microsoft.com... >I...

Formula question #12
Am trying to set up a tracking sheet for equity trades. Have 4 possible scenarios: Long position with profit / Long position with loss Short position with profit / Short position with loss Need a formula in my "Profit/Loss" column to reflect these four possibilities. No idea how to do this, but logic is something like this: (short position with loss): If A1="short", and sum of (g1 - d1) is a positive number, then end result in my "Profit/Loss" will be a Loss and so calculation needs to show up as a negative number. (short position with profit): If A1="...

Convert string into formula
really needing this... let's say A1 = "SUM" B1 = "(" C1 = ")" D1 = "A3:C8" How can I put everything together and get the FORMULA =SUM(A3:C8) and its result INSTEAD of the STRING "=SUM(A3:C8)"? it's drivinhg me mad....I've tried CONCATENATE, &,... and all I get is the string... Thanks a lot Dario - Brazil Dario Maybe better ways but this works: Using your example, in E1 type the formula =CONCATENATE("=",A1,B1,D1,C1). Then, with cell E1 selected, do Edit Copy then Edit PasteSpecial and choose Values. Then hit F2...

Issue installing FRx 6.7 on Windows 2003
I am encountering an unhandled exception error when attempting the installation. The installation prompts for the language, I select English, then Next. The progress bar makes it all the way to the right of the next screen, then I get the above error. This is a brand new quad CPU Dell OS is base WIndows Server 2003 Enterprise, not SP1 Only installed software is: IIS 6.0 (FTP, WWW, MSMQ) CA ArcServe (backup software) SQL 2000 Enterprise, Analysis Services, both at SP3a WinZip Acrobat 6.0 Reader Hello, Can you give us the exact error message you're receiving (all words and numbers fro...

Unable to open attachments #6
I'm running outlook express 6.0. I am unable to open Incoming mail attachments.They are listed when I click the paper clip, but are greyed out and I can't click or hightlight to open. >-----Original Message----- >I'm running outlook express 6.0. I am unable to open >Incoming mail attachments.They are listed when I click >the paper clip, but are greyed out and I can't click or >hightlight to open. >. > i have the very same problem. can someone please advise ...

bug in Screen Saver sample in Visual Studio 6.0
I'm trying to fix a bug in the Screen Saver sample in the Visual Studio 6.0 suite. The following is a brief description of the bug: When the program terminates CDrawWnd remains open. There remains an empty window box in the task bar, for every instance of the terminated program. The OnDestroy event occurs, even though the window doesn't actually get destroyed. I have tried every way I can think of to destroy the window manually, but to no avail. Is there some special way to terminate a screen saver application that I need to take into consideration? Please try to e-mail me your repl...

combine formulas into 1
In the examples below, is it possible to combine the 2 formulas into one? I need to simplify my spreadsheet if possible. IF(M3>=H1,IF(MAX(H3,H7,H11,H15,H19,H23)>=MAX(H5,H9,H13,H17,H21,H25),1,2 IF(M4>=H1,IF(MAX(h3,h7,h11,h15,h19,h23)<=MAX(h5,h9,h13,h17,h21,h25),2,3 Thanks very much for any help. As they have different tests/outputs, how do you want them combined? Also, there are two IF functions, but only one set of outputs. Perhaps these are an AND condition? A simple way (with a lot of assumptions made): =IF(AND(M3>=H1,MAX(H3,H7,H11,H15,H19,H23)>=MAX(H5,H9,H...