formulae problems:HELP

hello there, i have jst started a new I.T job and need some help with
excel,heres my problem, if cell A = 5014 then l - m. under a lot of
pressure here can somone please help.

--
stevenmorrison
stevenmorrison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26188

We don't quite have enough information for a complete answer, but here'
something to work with:

Assuming your values begin in Cell A1, put this in another column o
row 1 and copy down (eg. in Cell B1):

=if(A1=5014,L1-M1,0)

You didn't say what to do if Col A doesn't =5014, so that formul
returns a zero.

Does that help?

Ro

--
Ron Coderr
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2141

thanks fro ure reply, i have 2 different values in collum A,5014 &
5015,stretch over about 40 rows. now i want the values which in l & m
which are in the same rows as the 5014's to be included in the
calculation, i just cant get the formulae to work.

cheers

--
stevenmorrison
stevenmorrison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26188
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394944

Are you looking to summarize all L's minus M's for rows where Column A
equals 5014?

Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21419

yes ron, im looking for the result of l -m to be the resut of my
formulae where l + m are in the same row as any Cell A:5014's which may
be on the spreadsheet.

cheers again.

--
stevenmorrison
stevenmorrison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26188
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394944

OK...see if I'm on the right track here.

Put one of these formulas in a cell anywhere but in columns A, L, o
M:

=SUMIF($A$1:$A$40,5014,$L$1:$L$40)-SUMIF($A$1:$A$40,5014,$M$1:$M$40)

=SUMPRODUCT(--($A$1:$A$40=5014)*(($L$1:$L$40)-($M$1:$M$40)))

Does that help?

Ro

--
Ron Coderr
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2141
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39494

thanks ron ure the man, the top one works, havent tried the 1 below it.

i cant thank u enough.

any chance of talking me through that formulae

=SUMIF($A$1:$A$40,5014,$L$1:$L$40)-SUMIF($A$1:$A$40,5014,$M$1:$M$40)

--
stevenmorrison
stevenmorrison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=26188
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394944

Sure....

=SUMIF($A$1:$A$40,5014,$L$1:$L$40)-SUMIF($A$1:$A$40,5014,$M$1:$M$40)

Try thinking of the SUMIF like this:
=SUMIF(
Find items in this range,
That match this value,
When you find them...add the corresponding items from this range)

So, in your example, the first SUMIF:
=SUMIF($A$1:$A$40,5014,$L$1:$L$40)

Works this way:
=SUMIF(
Find Items in this range: $A$1:$A$40,
That match: 5014,
When you find them...add the corrsponding items from this range:
$L$1:$L$40)

The first SUMIF adds the total matched values from Column L.
The 2nd SUMIF subtracts the total matched values from Column M.

Does that help?

Ron

--
Ron Coderre
Ron Coderre's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=21419
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=394944

thanks ron thats great, ill b sure to keep an eye out for u if i hav
problems in the future.

cheers

steve

--
stevenmorriso
stevenmorrison's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2618
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=39494

help with formula please #2

Data Migration Problem 01-14-05
Hello, i had just read the data migration frameworkguide, and i'm trying to migrate data into the crm database. But i have not the same entries in my cdf_Account_info table, but data is in cdf_Account table present. What is working wrong?? log files are correct. I hope someone can help me! ali Hi Ali, This sometimes happens if the triggers on the cdf_Account table don't fire. I'm not sure as to the reason behind this but you can manually update the cdf_Account_info and cdf_Account_ext files with the AccountId from cdf_Account. Try use the following SQL: Insert Into cdf_A...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

PivotTable Question - Repost
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

Only MVP could help.
In the SQL database there is a column that holds the data where this transaction is onhold or not. Dose any MVP know which table and column holds that data?? Look at TransactionHold and TransactionHoldEntry. Afshin Alikhani - ( afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ) CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53A8D5C-17DD-4D28-A237-D061028BB440@microsoft.com... > In the SQL database there is a column that holds the data where this > transaction is onhold or not. Dose any MVP know which table and column > holds > ...

help with a formula #5

Public Folder Problem #9
We are running Exchange 2003 SP2 and Windows 2003 Server SP1. Our public folders got messed up in our remote site, and I deleted the public store on that server and recreated it figuring I could backfill from our Main corporate mail server, running the same configuration. The remote site doesn't show any of the replicas from our corporate box even though I have added them. I turned Public Folder logging to maxium on both servers and they are saying they are replicating fine. Does anyone have any ideas how I can fix this? If you need more information, I would be more than happy ...

EUREKA -- the mutual fund problem is fixed
I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this time, the update worked. Both the quotes and the date were correct. EUREKA! Honestly, thanks to all who, like me, bugged Microsoft endlessly to understand the complexities of this problem and to get it fixed. We did it! "Chuck Leven" <CHLeven@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:%230lQmZ03FHA.3636@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... >I just tried once more to update my Fidelity Funds in MS Money and, this >time, the update worked. Both the quotes and the date were correct. >EUREKA! Mine just upda...

Problem getting values in iframe
Hi, I have placed an iframe to the account form. This iframe calls an .aspx page that is also placed on the same server as the CRM. I am trying to get an value from the CRM form to the .aspx page in the iFrame. my function that I call upon "onLoad": <script language="javascript"> function GetSomeValues() { document.getElementById('TextBox1').value = parent.document.forms[0].all.name.DataValue; } </script> This fails! I get the message: "Access denied!" Is there any setting in the CRM I have forgotten to turn on or off?? Can a...

Invoice Customers On Account
When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is: 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"? 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt Printer? ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc. You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedRe...

Puzzling font problem
Hello, I have an mfc app that is exhibiting incorrect output using ExtTextOut(), but only with certain fonts and certain characters. For example, using Arial, the inverted question mark is display as the "ae" character. As I switch fonts in the app, it is displayed as it should. Any comments would be much appreciated.... Definitely puzzling. I've looked through several font sets, including the old IBM OEM font and modern Unicode, but nothing leapt out as to why this should be happening. Can you create an absolutely minimal app that exhibits this behavior? joe On 30 Ja...

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

User Manager Login problem
Hi, I've just installed MS CRM 1.2. Everything works fine, however when I attempt to logon to the User Manager, I get the following error: "Login failed for user 'NT AUTHORITY\ANONYMOUS LOGON." (80040e4d) Any ideas? Thanks in advance! Mike Mike, Did you go through the steps of assigning a license to the Admin user? Matt Parks ---------------------------------------- ---------------------------------------- On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 04:55:49 -0400, "mikieg_99" <mike.gallagher@etypemedia.co.uk> wrote: Hi, I've just installed MS CRM 1.2. Everything work...

Count formula within a named range.

Inbox problems
How do I set up an inbox for each user on my PC I don't want them in my inbox and I don't want to run through thier e-mail to find mine. Please help. State your version and mode of Outlook - no one can help without basic information. --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer: Charles <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> asked: | How do I set up an inbox for each user on my PC I don't | want them in my inbox and I don't want to run through | thier e-mail to ...

Including a formula in a path name.

Problem Creating Contract through SDK (Urgent please)
I have a strange problem creating a contract as illustrated in the code below, Unfortuantely the exception thrown by MS CRM is not very helpful. contract Create(Guid accountId) { account a = Service.Retrieve(EntityName.account.ToString(), accountId, new AllColumns()) as account; if (a == null) return null; contract con = new contract(); try { //ServiceTemplate function works! Lookup t = new Lookup(); t.type = EntityName.contracttemplate.ToString(); t.Value =...

Pls Help Me Out
hi guys today i made a damn mistake of my life im using exchange 2k3 sp2 im facing problems in OWA im using form based authentication its giving me message 440 login timeout when i enter mail.mydomin.com its redirects the request but no login page of owa just giving me message 440 login timeout when i uncheck foam based authentication in exchange its giving me FBA login Box and every thing works fine but checking foam based authentication giving me message 440 login time out error messaege but let me tell me one thing today i was editing my logon.asp i have replaced with old backup file...

FORMULA #14