formula with moving range

I have a workbook that updates daily. When it updates the new updated
value goes in the top row of the column lets say A3 and moves the rest
of the values in the column down one row. I want to link these values
to another workbook named Games2. What formula can I use to copy these
values? example The first day it copies A3:A212 the next day A3:A213.
Can anyone help?

--
sctroy
sctroy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25928

Hi,

Let's suppose that the orginal data are in Sheet1 in the workbook named
xxx.xls.
Use the following formula in A3 of the new workbook (modify the workbook
name and worksheet name appropriately)

=IF([xxx.xls]Sheet1!A3="","",[xxx.xls]Sheet1!A3)

and fill-in the formula down to a large number of rows (say A3 to A1002)

Regards,
B. R. Ramachandran

"sctroy" wrote:

> I have a workbook that updates daily. When it updates the new updated
> value goes in the top row of the column lets say A3 and moves the rest
> of the values in the column down one row. I want to link these values
> to another workbook named Games2. What formula can I use to copy these
> values? example The first day it copies A3:A212 the next day A3:A213.
> Can anyone help?
>

> --
> sctroy
> sctroy's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25928
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484163

Change Destination range from D10 below to where you want it to go..

Range("$A$3").select   'In Sheet1
Range("$A$3", Selection.End(xlDown)).Copy _
Destination:= Sheets("Sheet2").Range("D10")

HTH

"sctroy" <sctroy.1yb6sa_1131672900.805@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:sctroy.1yb6sa_1131672900.805@excelforum-nospam.com...

> I have a workbook that updates daily. When it updates the new updated
> value goes in the top row of the column lets say A3 and moves the rest
> of the values in the column down one row. I want to link these values
> to another workbook named Games2. What formula can I use to copy these
> values? example The first day it copies A3:A212 the next day A3:A213.
> Can anyone help?
>

> --
> sctroy
> sctroy's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=25928
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=484163

0
jmay (696)

help with formula please #2

Select range from unopened workbook
I'm trying to take data from an unopened workbook. I copied the following code directly from my "Excel 2003 VBA" book. range("A12") = Workbooks("BILLRATE.xls").Worksheets("BILLRATE").Cells(1, 1).range("A1") I get a "subscript out of range error on this. The workbook "BILLRATE" is in the working folder. And I can call it if I use Workbooks("BILLRATE.xls").Open. But when I try to access the range, I get the subscript out of range error. Any ideas? thanks Make sure your spelling of the names is ac...

Need advice moving data in mailboxes to another server
Hi, Due to corporate restructuring, we are setting up a new domain. In the process, we are upgrading our servers, etc. as well. Our task is to move user data i.e. saved mails, calendar items, etc. FROM a server running Exchange 2000 Standard in Domain A TO a server running Exchange 2003 Standard in Domain B. What is the best way to do this? -- Thanks, Sam Hi, Use exchange migration wizard or exmerge: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328871/en-us Leif "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A543306-4A7E-45FF-A997-48F27CF5CC39@microsoft.com... &g...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

IMF v2
Hello, all looks like running fine. Messages will be blocked and stored to the archive folder. But messages which should be moved to the Junk-e-Mail folder are always in the Inbox. Do you have any idea why? Thank you for help Tom Make sure the Junk Email folder is enabled for each mailbox. Check these links: http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/015/outlookjunk.htm http://www.exchangeinbox.com/articles/008/centraljunk.htm cheers, Alexander Zammit WinDeveloper Software IMF Tune - Unleash the Full Intelligent Message Filter Power http://www.windeveloper.com/imftune/ "Thomas Kie...

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

The message has been moved or deleted.
Hi everybody, I have a problem with our installation of Exchange 5.5. Following the MyDoom outbreak, we had to repair the store database and since then, we can't delete some messages dating from the day of the repair. The subject line appears, but we can't view the content or delete the message. Is there some way to cleanup this mess or do we have to recreate the folders and all the rules associated with them? Thanks for any help! Following a hard repair (eseutil /p) you need to run an isinteg and and offline defragmentation. You will want to run isinteg until you receive 0 er...

Moving Outlook to a new PC
I have recently purchased a new PC and need to move my registered copy from the old PC to the new. Outlook2002 is running on the new PC but will stop working after 30 or so launches. How do I de register the old PC and reregister on the new one? You say that Outlook 2002 is on a new computer? Has the computer been on the shelf for that long? >-----Original Message----- >I have recently purchased a new PC and need to move my >registered copy from the old PC to the new. >Outlook2002 is running on the new PC but will stop >working after 30 or so launches. > >How do I d...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

outlook.pst deleted by Outlook after moving the file between profiles
Windows XP Pro SP2 Outlook 2002 10.6516.6735 SP3 I just imported email from Eudora to Outlook via Outlook Express. Took hours, but it worked. Left me with an 800MB outlook.pst file. I opened Outlook and everything worked fine. Then, I noticed that Outlook had stored the outlook.pst file under my previous profile: Joe User I now use profile named: joe.user So, I closed Outlook, and moved the outlook.pst and extend.dat files from: C:\Documents and Settings\Joe User\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\Outlook to C:\Documents and Settings\joe.user\Local Settings\Application Data\Microsoft\...

calculate per day usage with a number range
I have the check in date and the check out date for a large group. I would like to see how many rooms are used per day for the period. Column A = Check in date (ex: 2-feb) Column B = Check out date (ex: 10-feb) How can I tell how many rooms were used on 6-feb, how many on 7-feb, etc? Thanks so much for your help! Put the date of interest (e.g. 6-feb-2008) in D2 then in E2 use this formula =SUMPRODUCT((A$2:A$100<=D2)*(B$2:B$100>=D2)) You can copy the formula down to calculate for more date in column D "peabody" wrote: > I have the check in date and the check out dat...

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

"fixed objects will move" warning
Dear experts, I am trying to post this again as I haven't solved my issue yet. I have a long spreadsheet (3000 rows) with columns where many cells contain comments. This causes the spreadsheet to give this warning message "fixed objects will move" whenever I try to autofilter.... and I need to hit escape hundred times to get rid of this message. Can you imagine how bad this can be when the users are going to have to use this and autofilter items in the spredasheet! Can you please help me? Any hint is precious. I have already tried the hint from the previous post t...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Re: Function to copy data from a variable range? #2
Sub MakeNewSheetForEachSAS() Application.ScreenUpdating = False DeleteSheetsSAS With Sheets("Data") lr = .Cells(Rows.Count, 1).End(xlUp).Row maxnum = Application.Max(.Columns(2)) 'MsgBox maxnum minnum = Application.Min(.Columns(2)) 'MsgBox minnum On Error Resume Next Application.DisplayAlerts = False For i = minnum To maxnum ..Range("a1:g" & lr).AutoFilter ..Range("A1:G" & lr).AutoFilter Field:=2, Criteria1:=CLng(i) Sheets.Add After:=Sheets(Sheets.Count) With ActiveSheet ..Name = i Sheets("data").Range("a1:g" & lr).Copy .Ra...