Formula too long #3

I have an extremely long formula that sums the totals from
13 different worksheets saved in a different folder.  When
I try to edit the formual I get an error that says formula
too long.  Is there a way to increase the amount of
information within a formula because in the future I am
going to need to add more parts to this formula and it is
already too long.  Thanks for the help.

Todd
0
anonymous (74717)

I suggest you write a macro to do this.  Then It will be
virtually unlimited.

0
anonymous (74717)
12/11/2003 7:29:25 PM
Post your formula for comments and suggestions.

--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have an extremely long formula that sums the totals from
> 13 different worksheets saved in a different folder.  When
> I try to edit the formual I get an error that says formula
> too long.  Is there a way to increase the amount of
> information within a formula because in the future I am
> going to need to add more parts to this formula and it is
> already too long.  Thanks for the help.
>
> Todd

0
Don
12/11/2003 7:42:33 PM
Please explain a little more if you will.  I am
realatively new to writing macros.  How can I write a
macro that will take values from different worksheets and
sum them in a particular cell in another worksheet?

0
anonymous (74717)
12/11/2003 8:06:23 PM
The formula is a basic sum function that says take cell A1
from G:\Operations\Application Processing\2003
reports\Individual Log\B E.xls and sum with the exact same
formula  but differnt .xls file.  The problem is the
length of the path to get to the cell but it has to be
that way.  Any help is appreciated.

0
anonymous (74717)
12/11/2003 8:09:10 PM
Todd,

Personally I would use a summary column, hidden if necessary, where the =
values from the source sheets are entered into separate cells. Then just =
sum the column.
That way the formula length is not a problem, and the result will be =
easier to verify.

Just a thought,
Anders Silven

"Todd" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> skrev i meddelandet =
> The formula is a basic sum function that says take cell A1=20
> from G:\Operations\Application Processing\2003=20
> reports\Individual Log\B E.xls and sum with the exact same=20
> formula  but differnt .xls file.  The problem is the=20
> length of the path to get to the cell but it has to be=20
> that way.  Any help is appreciated.

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Long delay in Excel due refresh from Smart Tags for Dynamics GP9 ?
We have installed Smart Tags for Dynamics GP9 on a few workstations. Coincidentally, we have noticed users on these workstations have experienced long delays (5 minutes) periodically while working in Excel. We noticed in the Smart Tags documentation is says "It is dynamically refreshed with information from Microsoft Dynamics GP databases based on the last time recognition occurred in the host applications." 1) Has anybody else noticed long delays on workstations where they have installed Smart Tags for Dynamics GP9? 2) Is the Smart Tags refresh period what is causing the...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

How to calculate how many cells have a value of less than 3?
What formula can you use to get the total number of entries from within a range of cells that contain any value 3 or less? I have a large numbers of results in a spreadsheet (results can be anywhere from 1-10) and want to be able to easily get the total number of entries that are either 1,2, or 3. Thanks... =countif(a1:b99,"<=3") is one way. FISH wrote: > > What formula can you use to get the total number of entries from within a > range of cells that contain any value 3 or less? > > I have a large numbers of results in a spreadsheet (results can be any...

how #3
I had an old computer about 5 yrs ago that had microsoft money on it..I used it and then about a year ago I purchased a new computer which at that time came with the quicken program instead of microsoft money...back then you helped me transfer the quicken program to microsoft money so that I could continue to use my accounts...I now have the same problem...We had to do a system recovery and I have lost my microsoft money program...once again it is quicken which I do not want...I have backed up my microsoft money to floppy disks...but I once again need to know how to get the money pro...

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Security #3
When restrictions are placed on profiles, sometimes when the user logs on he may get a pop up window saying they do not have security privileges, they then click ok, and they are able to gain access to their specific profile. Is this normal? And how can I stop that pop up window from coming up? rcr, Can You tell where exactly this is happening. This generally happens in the Smartlist window. Here is the resolution just in case its happening in Smartlist 1. Go to Security and Select the User for whom this issue is happening 2. Select Product as FieldService, Type - Window and Series ...

Send As permission #3
I am trying to grant a user Send As permission. I enable Advanced view, go to the Users object that I want to grant access to, go to the security tab, click advanced, and click Add, but I do not see Send As permission there. I can grant full mailbox access, but the grantee still shows "Sendt on Behalf Of" in the e-mail when they send for that user. What did I miss? Never mind....you have to do it on the domain controller, not from an exchange server.... "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message news:e3MFRAbUFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl.....

Count formula within a named range.

RMS Version 3.0
Hi, is there any news about RMS Version 3.0? I can't find any information about a release date. Thanks, Timo I remember when participating in the 1.3 web cast MS also outlined the next version timelines. At that time release 3.0 was scheduled for the first quarter of 2008. Well, the quarter has come and gone and no word about 3.0. Nothing from my reseller either nor from the beta team (I had volunteered to become a beta tester). I just see my maintenance dollars wasted yet again for not getting anything for it. Here we have a product that is supposed to be better then the competi...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Excel database update #3
Hi, Have an excel template that should send data into a excel database. When I run a marco, the database does not automatically update, but if i do it step by step it updates. ("MatTer1.xls") when saved should update the database, by creating a new record in the code hereunder ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized Windows("CHAVES.xls").Activate ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMaximized Selection.Copy ActiveCell.Offset(2, 0).Range("A1").Select ActiveSheet.Paste Application.CutCopyMode = False ActiveWindow.WindowState = xlMinimized ...

Lock in formulas
I have a worksheet that I use over-and-over again. It has several columns of data, and some of the columns have long and hard to remember formulas to total the columns. I usually delete the numbers in the columns after I print out the worksheet, leaving the formulas intact at the bottom of the columns. Being human, I occasionally goof and delete the sum formulas too. Is there a way that I can lock the formula cell at the bottom of the column so that I don't accidentally delete it? Thanks in advance, Malcolm A two step process a) select the cell that you DO want the user ...

How to translate a getpivotdata formula into a cell reference
Hi all, I want to be able to get the cell reference (in the format A1) of a GETPIVOTDATA reference. For example: =(GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Qty",'$A$5,"Customer Name","ABC Company")) pulls data from a corresponding cell in the table. That reference is A10 but I want to get this from the actual GETPIVOTDATA reference itself. Is this possible? Regards Morgan ...