Formula to return text

Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I cannot
figure out a formula to give me the text in 91 columns below the previous
text.

Ex. Cell G7 = Unbalanced
Cell G95 = NVAA

What formula can I use to get me the text out of cell G95 using cell G7. Ex
G7+what= NVAA(G95). Thanks.

Maybe

=OFFSET(G7,88,0)

--

HTH

Bob

"casinel1" <casinel1@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Need some help here. I am using excel 2007 and I am merging cells - I
> cannot
> figure out a formula to give me the text in 91 columns below the previous
> text.
>
> Ex. Cell G7 = Unbalanced
> Cell G95 = NVAA
>
> What formula can I use to get me the text out of cell G95 using cell G7.
> Ex
> G7+what= NVAA(G95). Thanks.

0
Bob

help with formula please #2

automated message returns
How do you setup automated message returns in Outlook and Outlook Express (for things like vacation)? Is it through the program or through the internet provider? Any info would be appreciated! For Outlook, if you are connecting to an Exchange Server you can use the Out of Office Assistant for this purpose. If you're a standalone user, you can spoof the OOA using the Rules Wizard, but Outlook must be kept running in order for the rule to work, and of course the rule will reply to everyone, even spammers. Look here for more information: http://www.slipstick.com/rules/autoreply.htm -- ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Text to Columns #4
I have a column and all I need is the last 5 characters in this field. Problem is that this field has various text lengths. How can I get the last 5 characters and delete the rest. My spreadsheet have 1,000 or so lines. This Column looks like this: AESGROUPGR123 AESGROUPGR457 AESGROUPGR236 SECTIOGR046 MSGTYHSYHSYHGR123 MSGTYHSYYHGR123 My first thought was to make ths column flush right in Text to columns, but I do not see that making it flush right is an option. Ideas? Thanks. Thanks a bunch Pete I appreciate your time and efforts on my behalf Pete_UK wrote: > Try this: > > =...

Weekday formula

Why my contents written to a file which is opened in binary is still a text
Hello, I am facing a problem in writing my contents into a file in binary mode. There is no exception or no error. Can any one help me why the following code not able to write contents in binary format to a file ? if (fp.Open("test.dat",CFile::modeCreate | CFile::modeReadWrite | CFile::typeBinary | CFile::shareDenyNone)==NULL) return FALSE; else { char buff[20]; strcpy(buff,"hello world"); fp.Write(buff,strlen(buff)); } fp.Close(); I used both CFile and CStdioFile but even them i did not get success. When i open the file i still see my contents in ...

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Plain Text Emails From Outlook Web Access
Does anyone know how to send plain text emails from Outlook web access? The only options I can find are to send them using different fonts. Any ideas, please email at orlando@cybrzn.com Thanks! Well, considering OWA is HTML... you could configure it on the server - compose in HTML, convert to plain text when it's sent but it would apply to all messages. -- Diane Poremsky [MVP - Outlook] Author, Teach Yourself Outlook 2003 in 24 Hours Coauthor, OneNote 2003 for Windows (Visual QuickStart Guide) Outlook Tips: http://www.outlook-tips.net/ Search for answers: http://groups.google...

TransferText
Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? Please advise. Thank you. "Brig Siton" <bnospamsiton@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e0wzJZZ1KHA.5328@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl... > Is there a way to have table or query exported out to a text file and > APPEND to what is already in the text file instead of overwrite? TransferText will always overwrite the target file. If you still want to use TransferText, you can export to a temporary file, then use one of seve...

try/catch, return from catch ?
Is this baaad? try { m_Database.OpenEx( sDSN ); return TRUE; } catch( CDBException* pxE ) { pxE->Delete(); return FALSE; } or MUST I exist the try/catch clause first before returning to allow some kind of clean up? e.g. BOOL bFail = FALSE; try { m_Database.OpenEx( sDSN ); } catch( CDBException* pxE ) { pxE->Delete(); bFail = TRUE; } return !bFail; Lisa The second method is better method. It will allow cleanup tooo if required. But i think it is not a good idea to write code which includes negations as it can be written without that. In the second c...

Including a formula in a path name.

VLOOKUP returns incorrect data
I am using VLOOKUP to determine addresses from a master list. However I have found that if the Lookup Value is NOT in the Table Array, I will get incorrect information. For example if the Table Array has entries for Schmidt and Schultz, and I attempt to lookup Schnell (which is not in the Table Array), I will get the value for Schultz, which is incorrect. How can this be avoided? Or, how can I get a message saying the Lookup Value was not found - rather than getting incorrect results? You would have missed out the last argument of VLOOKUP() Range_lookup which is a logical...

FORMULA #14

Cell format changes General into Text after focus + Enter
Strange cell behavior. I have a simple sheet. One cell has a reference to another cell, made by Both cells formatted as General Cell A4 value 8 Cell A10: Function button F2: =A4 result in 8 OK so far. But when I click on A10 followed by ENTER, it changes into =A4 and is formatted as Text, not General ********* No Macros / additional VBA code / Excel 2003 on XP SP2 Bart ...

Report returning table ID, not actual table data
I have a table which has First Name and Last Name as fields. I have another table used for problems that references this into 1 field called FullName. The properties for this is a combobox and the row source is: SELECT [EmployeeID], [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName] FROM Employees ORDER BY [LastName] & ", " & [FirstName]; Now I am trying to create a report from the Problems table that will only show open problems. I did this by creating a query. The query is correct . My problem is with the actual report. Instead of listing the Name field, it is...

Genrating text and auto number
How to generate auto number but i want it to be combination with text Example L0001, THEN L0002 and so on..how? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Emily, What does the 'L' stand for ? Will this field contain other series of numbers that start with some other letter but which must also start sequencing at 00001? By storing more than one piece of information in a single database field, you are violating the first normal form of database design. I would recommend you store the letter designator in a separate field. Assuming that you have other letters, that mu...