Formula to reference another cell in a worksheet

Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet.  I want
Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in
Column G.

Example:
G1 is 1043,  I want H1 to be equal to A1043.  What formula can I use to fill
column F to do this automatically.

Thank you!
Heather

=indirect("A" & G1)
--
HTH...

Jim Thomlinson

"HeatherJ" wrote:

> Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet.  I want
> Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in
> Column G.
>
> Example:
> G1 is 1043,  I want H1 to be equal to A1043.  What formula can I use to fill
> column F to do this automatically.
>
> Thank you!
> Heather
=INDIRECT("A" & G1)  entered in H1 and copied down

Don't know how column F fits in unless you meant F1 and not H1

Gord Dibben  MS Excel MVP

On Thu, 20 May 2010 07:43:01 -0700, HeatherJ
<HeatherJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet.  I want
>Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in
>Column G.
>
>Example:
>G1 is 1043,  I want H1 to be equal to A1043.  What formula can I use to fill
>column F to do this automatically.
>
>Thank you!
>Heather

0
Gord
5/20/2010 2:53:31 PM
HeatherJ,
 If you want the cell in F column to equal the value in cell in the A column:
 "=$A1" without the quotes (" ").
 If you want the cell in the F column to equal the value in the cell A1:
 "=$A$1" without the quotes (" ").
Depending on what you want (see above), copy and paste down the F column.
hth
"HeatherJ" wrote:

> Column G is filled with numbers which represent Rows in my worksheet.  I want
> Column H to equal the contents of Column A Row ? which is referenced in
> Column G.
>
> Example:
> G1 is 1043,  I want H1 to be equal to A1043.  What formula can I use to fill
> column F to do this automatically.
>
> Thank you!
> Heather

Need advice moving data in mailboxes to another server
Hi, Due to corporate restructuring, we are setting up a new domain. In the process, we are upgrading our servers, etc. as well. Our task is to move user data i.e. saved mails, calendar items, etc. FROM a server running Exchange 2000 Standard in Domain A TO a server running Exchange 2003 Standard in Domain B. What is the best way to do this? -- Thanks, Sam Hi, Use exchange migration wizard or exmerge: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328871/en-us Leif "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A543306-4A7E-45FF-A997-48F27CF5CC39@microsoft.com... &g...

Exporting and archiving messages from outlook express to another computer
How can I export saved messages from outlook express on one computer to outlook on another computer. The export function doesn't seem to give an option to create a file. Also how can I archive saved messages to a file or CD-R ?? Thanks so much On Fri, 6 May 2005 20:27:03 -0700, "Michael Samsel" <moleman@speakeasy.org> wrote: >How can I export saved messages from outlook express on one computer to >outlook on another computer. The export function doesn't seem to give an >option to create a file. Also how can I archive saved messages to a file or >...

help with formula please #2

help with a formula #5

Removing a date by inputting a newer one in another cell
I have office excel 2007. I am a fairly new user, I have a worksheet which maintains and monitors the movement of various units, and is controlled by quantity and dates. What I would like to do is write a formula that will remove the ordered date when I input the new start date, which would be the newer date. So far I have not been able to make this work. I would appreciate any help or advice you can give me. Many Thanks Mike You could use a worksheet_change event that clearscontents of the original cell. -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Trying to make part of an output in another cell italicized.
Hello all, I have Excel from Office XP and am using it on Windows XP Home Edition I'm working on a program where users enter text in various cells. Fo example: A B 1 Name: ------ 2 Date: ------ Then the text that they enter is displayed in another cell all togethe using the following formula: =$B$4&", "&$B$5&". "&"("&$B$6&"). "&$B$7&". "&$B$8&" "&$B$9&"("&$B$10&"), "&$B$11&"-"&$B$12&"." I'...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula #29

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Forward email arrived to another
My client is having problem in setting the Outlook 2000 SR-1 (9.0.0.3821) to forward the email when it arrives with Rules. The Rule has been setup to 'Apply this rule after message arrives with 'statement' in the subject or body, forward it to 'another one', using Tools -> Rules Wizard. Unfortunately the Rule won't work automatically. When an email arrives with 'statement' in either the subject or body, Outlook 2000 won't do anything. However it will forward if I go into the Rules Wizard and click the Run Now button. My client is running Exchange 2000....

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Link cell
When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data You can check first: =if(b99="","",b99) or =if(sheet1!a1="","",sheet1!a1) neilbrown1965 wrote: > > When using the above. When the source cell is empty the target cell has data, > how can I get rid, so the target cell is blank until source cell has data -- Dave Peterson ...

Count formula within a named range.

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Manufacturing BOM reference designators #2
I am looking for the SQL table that contains the Reference Designator data for the Manufacturing Bill of materials. Does anyone know the SQl table name for this information? -- Doug Doug, try TARD1001, TA_Reference_Designator_Line. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com Doug, try TARD1001, TA_Reference_Designator_Line. Frank Hamelly MCP-GP, MCT East Coast Dynamics www.eastcoast-dynamics.com ...

evaluating text cell contents
I have a large number of cells with nothing but text in them. I want to evaluate the first few words in each and then create a macro to move the contents of that cell to a new column depending on the cell's contents. Any creative ideas out there? I am using Excel 2000. Make a list on a new worksheet of those words/phrases. Put them in A1:Axx. Then loop through your cells looking for those words/phrases. If you find it/them, then move the contents and go to the next cell. dim ListWks as worksheet dim wks as worksheet dim myRng as range dim myCell as range dim myListRng as range dim...

Pitfalls: Injecting an exception to another thread in the same pro
Hi, Basically I’m tired of always polling the ‘should_I_abort’ variable in worker threads. I was thinking, what if I made my worker thread exception safe, and forcibly injected an exception from my other thread? I’m sure it’s possible but before I look further into it, i thought I'd ask around here for potential pitfalls or limitations of injecting an exception into another thread. A few things i'm specifically interested in: What sort of problems (if any) could i run into if i inject an exception into a system function? I'm pretty sure that i could run into problems if the...