Formula syntax - correct form

I have a number of points on my x-y scatter chart requiring the plottin
of a non-linear trend line based on the following relationship (I have
two data series column for values mmax and t2 in my worksheet).

mmax = 16.68-0.81arctan [log10(200/t2)-0.98]
------------------------
[           0.19
]

I have tried to follow the syuntax rules to assemble a spreadshee
formula including inserting the fx of ATAN and Log10 where needed bu
the formula is still rejected as incorrect. Any ideas plaese?

BigBo

--
BigBo
BigBob's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1611

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

creating a chart in a form
I have tried to created a chart in a form utilizing VBE in Excel 2000 under windows 98. The example found in "Help" is the following: 1-Set c = ChartSpace1.Constants 2-Set ChartSpace1.DataSource = Spreadsheet1 3-ChartSpace1.Charts.Add 4-ChartSpace1.Charts(0).Type = c.chChartTypeLineMarkers 5-ChartSpace1.Charts(0).SetData c.chDimSeriesNames, 0, "b1" 6-ChartSpace1.Charts(0).SetData c.chDimCategories, 0, "a2:a28" 7-ChartSpace1.Charts(0).SeriesCollection(0).SetData c.chDimValues, 0, "b2:b28" However it does not work. line 1:The ChartSpace object does not...

Set all check boxes values on form
Hi everyone, I have a table with 2 fields: Field1(Text box) and Fied2(Check box) in a form. What i want is a command button to set all Field2 check box to YES, and a command button to set all Field2 check box to NO Could anyone help me please???? -- Thanks, Sorry if my english isn''t correct, but I''m from Potugal ;) Emanuel Violante Galeano In the Click event procedure of the command button: Dim strSql As String If Me.Dirty Then Me.Dirty = False 'Save first strSql = "UPDATE [Table1] SET [Field2] = TRUE WHERE [Field2] = FALSE;" dbEngin...

Weekday formula

Count formula within a named range.

add field to form from different table
I have a form - record source is t0103Issue.(see below for fields) I would like to add a text box with a field (LevelorAdj) from a different table(see below for LevelorAdj) Textbox is named LJ table t013IssueDesc (add LevelorAdj to form) IssueDescID IssueDesc LevelorAdj table t0103Issue (for form) IssueID RiskID IssueDescID How is this done? -- deb Deb, in the form's current event, add: LJ=dlookup("LevelorAdj","t013IssueDesc","IssueDescID = " & [IssueDescID]) UpRider "deb" <deb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:A710...

Formula to return a formula

No MDX syntax highlighting or Design Set tab in SSRS 2008
I'm a reporting services developer, and I've been resisting moving from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008 for two reasons. The first is that I write some pretty complex MDX reports and in SSRS 2008 there is no syntax highlighting. Furthmore, when I'm adding SSRS 2005 MDX reports, it throws everything into a big pile, and ruins my spacing, tabs, etc. I can't even do a Ctrl + A to select it All. Its just really disappointing that they took steps backward in their code editor from SSRS 2005 to SSRS 2008. Also, I'm not a really big fan of getting rid of the design tab. It&#...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Subform Equals Main Form
I have a main form called frmcharges. I also have sub form in datasheet view called frmChargesSub. In Both forms I have a combo Box called CmbDx1. What I want to do is when I enter something in DX1 on the frmcharges it will automatically put it into the field in my frmChargesSub. I Thanks In Advance I can't tell from your description what it is in the underlying table(s) that you are trying to store via your main form AND your subform. Usually, there wouldn't need to be the same value stored redundantly (except for the primary key/foreign key. What are you trying to accomplish? ...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Lock in formulas
I have a worksheet that I use over-and-over again. It has several columns of data, and some of the columns have long and hard to remember formulas to total the columns. I usually delete the numbers in the columns after I print out the worksheet, leaving the formulas intact at the bottom of the columns. Being human, I occasionally goof and delete the sum formulas too. Is there a way that I can lock the formula cell at the bottom of the column so that I don't accidentally delete it? Thanks in advance, Malcolm A two step process a) select the cell that you DO want the user ...

How to translate a getpivotdata formula into a cell reference
Hi all, I want to be able to get the cell reference (in the format A1) of a GETPIVOTDATA reference. For example: =(GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Qty",'$A$5,"Customer Name","ABC Company")) pulls data from a corresponding cell in the table. That reference is A10 but I want to get this from the actual GETPIVOTDATA reference itself. Is this possible? Regards Morgan ...

sum formula
good day! i copied a table from a html and paste to excel2000 i try to get the sum =SUM(B5:B10) but the outcome is 0.when i check the number on the cell,i found out that theres a space at the end. i try this formula {=SUM(VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(B5:B10," ","")))} but the result was #VALUE!. Hi! > i copied a table from a html Chances are the "space" is really a char(160) &nbsp; space. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(1*SUBSTITUTE(B5:B10,CHAR(160),"")) Your best course of action would be to get rid of those characters and then use a simple =SUM(B5:B10). ...

create new form
Using MS Office 2003 with Windows XP. I'm creating a series of new email messages in Outlook that I would like to save as forms. I would like to do this without having to turn off MS Word as the email editor every time I create a new form. When Word was turned off as the editor I would create the forms by starting a new mail message, adding everything I wanted then hitting Tools/Forms/Publish Form. However I can't create forms in this way when Word is turned on as the email editor. I thought that the solution might be to add the Tools/Forms/Publish Form menu button to the new ...