formula or VBA

I need to search through a column checking condtions.  If the conditions are
met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it
into a different cell.  Basically, I want to search column A and, if the
conditions are met, put the value in B into C.  Would this be easier via
formula or code?  And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you
don't mind.
--
Thanks,
Jim

in a formula in col b
=if(cond,a1,"")
using vba
for each c in range("a1:a100")
if cond then c.offset(0,1)=c
next
--
Don Guillett
SalesAid Software
"Jim" <Jim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I need to search through a column checking condtions.  If the conditions
are
> met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it
> into a different cell.  Basically, I want to search column A and, if the
> conditions are met, put the value in B into C.  Would this be easier via
> formula or code?  And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you
> don't mind.
> --
> Thanks,
> Jim

0
Don
12/28/2004 7:54:33 PM
I'd say formula, use something like this in C

=IF(A2=condition,B2,"")

copy down as long as needed, then you might want to copy and paste special
as values in place to make the values independent..

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Jim" wrote:

> I need to search through a column checking condtions.  If the conditions are
> met, then I want to enter the corresponding value in the column next to it
> into a different cell.  Basically, I want to search column A and, if the
> conditions are met, put the value in B into C.  Would this be easier via
> formula or code?  And maybe some starting suggestions would be nice if you
> don't mind.
> --
> Thanks,
> Jim
0
PeoSjoblom (790)

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Using VBA code to change Chart Data Series
On a worksheet, I have a List Box Control (lbProfitICSales) with a ListFillRange named "Profit_Ind_Cd_Sales". When selecting an item in the List Box, I want to change the x and y data series in the single chart on the "Profit-Ind Cd Sales" worksheet. I don't understand why the following code does not work- I always get an "object does not support this property or method". Help lookup indicates this code should work. Private Sub lbProfitICSales_Change() Dim strwksht As String strwksht = Application.ActiveSheet.Name 'Worksheets("Review").U...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...

Selecting sheets starting with a certain prefix (VBA)
Hello, Is there any way to use a wildcard or something in VBA when selecting sheets? What I'm trying to accomplish is to print all sheets that share a certain prefix. For example, my workbook contains sheets 123.a, 123.b, 123.c and Total. Now, I need to do something like MyWorkbook.Sheets(Array("123.a", "123.b", "123.c")).Select: MyWorkbook.SelectedSheets.PrintOut but of course without manually specifying all possibilities but rather something like MyWorkbook.Sheets("123.*").Select (which of course doesn't work but illustrates what I want). Does ...

Formula Problem #12
I have $700,000 to spend on advertising for three different products. My market share for the three products is 51.96%, 36.07% and 41.25%. I want to apportion my 700K between the three products so that the product with the lowest market share gets the most advertising dollars, etc. Using my data, I've been trying to devise a formula all night that would do this, but I'm stumped. I could use a hint... Here's one way of doing it - put 700,000 in A1 and put your 2 percentage shares in B1:B3 and then put this formula in C1: =3DA$1*(1-B1/SUM(B$1:B$3))/2 Format as currency and co...

Lock in formulas
I have a worksheet that I use over-and-over again. It has several columns of data, and some of the columns have long and hard to remember formulas to total the columns. I usually delete the numbers in the columns after I print out the worksheet, leaving the formulas intact at the bottom of the columns. Being human, I occasionally goof and delete the sum formulas too. Is there a way that I can lock the formula cell at the bottom of the column so that I don't accidentally delete it? Thanks in advance, Malcolm A two step process a) select the cell that you DO want the user ...

Populating a ComboBox from VBA with 2 columns
Hi I need to populate an excel combo box with recordset fields i already retrieve from an SQL Database. I need to columnes code and description. For example: Employee ID and Employee Lastname. Y need to show the Lastname in the combo and retrive the selected Employee ID from it. I tried ComboBox.AddItem() But I could only add an item with one field. How can I add the couple Employee ID - LastName? (I discard the concatenation method). Regards Daniel If those values are on a worksheet in adjacent columns, you could pick up that range and dump it into an array. Then use the array to f...

VBA for Excel 2000 file is corrupt
Hello, I have a strange thing. There are different functions which are creating some excel sheets, in these excel sheets is temporarily data created and after the create the sheets are deleted. With Workbooks(Substn_WB) Worksheets("temp_KV").Delete Worksheets("temp_CBTYP").Delete Worksheets("temp_XFMR").Delete Worksheets("temp_LINE").Delete Worksheets("temp_DCLN").Delete End With The temporarily data is used for three existing sheets which where before the create and after the create still there. If the excel file is closed by: Workbo...

sum formula
good day! i copied a table from a html and paste to excel2000 i try to get the sum =SUM(B5:B10) but the outcome is 0.when i check the number on the cell,i found out that theres a space at the end. i try this formula {=SUM(VALUE(SUBSTITUTE(B5:B10," ","")))} but the result was #VALUE!. Hi! > i copied a table from a html Chances are the "space" is really a char(160) &nbsp; space. Try this: =SUMPRODUCT(1*SUBSTITUTE(B5:B10,CHAR(160),"")) Your best course of action would be to get rid of those characters and then use a simple =SUM(B5:B10). ...

How to translate a getpivotdata formula into a cell reference
Hi all, I want to be able to get the cell reference (in the format A1) of a GETPIVOTDATA reference. For example: =(GETPIVOTDATA("Sum of Qty",'$A$5,"Customer Name","ABC Company")) pulls data from a corresponding cell in the table. That reference is A10 but I want to get this from the actual GETPIVOTDATA reference itself. Is this possible? Regards Morgan ...

Force PasteSpecial with VBA
I've seen this, but can't find it again today. If a user pastes in a workbook, I want to force it to be a PasteSpecial/Values. I know this needs to go in the Worksheet_Change, but am not sure what to put there. Thanks, Barb Reinhardt I think your are talking about: ..PasteSpecial Paste:=xlPasteValues, Operation:=xlNone, SkipBlanks _ :=False, Transpose:=False Hope this helps. "Barb Reinhardt" wrote: > I've seen this, but can't find it again today. If a user pastes in a > workbook, I want to force it to be a PasteSpeci...

copying true formulas only
I want to create a new row and copy selectively from the one above. I want to copy formats and formulas but not values. I am using Excel 2002. I can use insert to create a new row with all the same formats (including conditional formatting). If I then use paste-->special-->formulas Excel pastes both formulas AND values of the cells which contain no formula. I want to avoid writing something which tests each cell to see if it contains a true formula. Any suggestions anyone? ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and ...