Formula or Macro needed?

Hi, I need some help desperately, for reasons which are too complicated
to go into right here and now, I need a formula or a macro to produce
an excel spreadsheet of 16 columns and 16 rows where each row and each
column contains the numbers 1 through to 16 without the same number
repeated on any row or any column - I know it may sound a little tricky
:eek:    but I'm hoping somebody is up for a challenge like this and
can help rather quickly - I'm not interested in the number of
permutations or anything daft like that - I just need a solution.

Thanks to anybody who knows and can post how to help me out of this
trickly situation..

--
Query
Query's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=28013

Hi
How about this:
First column enter 1,2,3...etc up to 16, first row enter
1,16,15,14...etc up to 2, then in the second row of the second column
enter a formula that refers to the first cell in your grid then drag
across and down.

Hope this helps!
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261

Thanks for your reply, you mention "then in the second row of the secon
column enter a formula that refers to the first cell in your grid"
what is the formula that I should enter

--
Quer
Query's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2801
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=47518

Hi
If the first cell in your grid is A1 then
=A1

HTH
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475189

Hi,
Update....if you want a totally random look to your grid then try the
following once you have your grid set up the way I mentioned before.
Copy and paste over the grid using the "paste special" option and
selecting "values", this will get rid of the formula and leave you with
numbers only.
Now insert random numbers directly to the left or right of the grid by
using the =RAND() formula and then draging down, then select and sort
your grid using the random numbers. You can do the same with your
columns by using the same formula directly above or below the grid and
sorting from left to right instead of up and down.

Hope this helps!
JG

--
pinmaster
pinmaster's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=6261
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=475189

Need advice moving data in mailboxes to another server
Hi, Due to corporate restructuring, we are setting up a new domain. In the process, we are upgrading our servers, etc. as well. Our task is to move user data i.e. saved mails, calendar items, etc. FROM a server running Exchange 2000 Standard in Domain A TO a server running Exchange 2003 Standard in Domain B. What is the best way to do this? -- Thanks, Sam Hi, Use exchange migration wizard or exmerge: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328871/en-us Leif "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A543306-4A7E-45FF-A997-48F27CF5CC39@microsoft.com... &g...

Deleting Macros
Having created a couple of macros within a workbook for a particular topic and then deleting them when they were no longer required, I still get the "Disable - Enable" Macros prompt when loading the spreadsheet. As there are no macros associated with this particular spreadsheet can anyone tell me why it still appears? And how can I prevent it from appearing each time I open the spreadsheet. PS. I have also noticed this point previously when simply copying a worksheet from a workbook containing macros to a new workbook without any macros. Thanks in advance JohnH You also have...

Macro Upon Opening Then Close
I am hoping to create a macro that upon opening a file it will do the following: 1)Copy A1:B:2 (just as an example; also - there is only one worksheet in this file) 2)Activate Workbook "Price Chart Template" (only 1 sheet here too) 3)Paste on A:1 4)Go back to the original document and close it without saving (this is where I'm wondering if code can allow to close the document it is written in???) Thank you. -- David P. Workbooks("name1").Sheets(1).Range("a1:B2").Copy Workbooks("name2").Sheets(1).Range("a1").paste Workbooks("nam...

Need help using a VBAscript in excel
I need help :-( In this article there is a script to upload a file via FTP in VBA. http://www.naterice.com/articles/51 What I want to do is run this script with a pushbutton or when the file get's closed. I'm new to VBA, and the part where they tell me to supply the information is confusing. As I see it, I have to "open" the FTPupload and parse the information about the server when I call for the script? But how do I do this? I have tried in Excel to past the code in the VBA-editor, but how can I get a button to open this function with the information it needs? I'm ...

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

PivotTable Question - Repost
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

help with a formula #5

Invoice Customers On Account
When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is: 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"? 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt Printer? ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc. You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedRe...

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Count formula within a named range.

Copy macro to other row
Hi all, I've created two macron that executes calculations on a certain row. Can I copy these macros so that they can execute the same calculations but on a another row i.e. only on one row at the time leaving the others unaffected. Regards Dan As always, post your coding efforts for comments -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "togge" <dantorgny@spray.se> wrote in message news:1158919664.025298.246070@b28g2000cwb.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > I've created two macron that executes calculations on a certain row. > Can I cop...

Formula to return a formula

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

I need help with multiple Fidelity accounts and Money 2006
Here is my situation: I have the following accounts at Fidelity: Under my login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments" for these accounts My Rollover IRA My Roth IRA Joint brokerage account Under my wife's login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments # 2" for these accounts Wife's Rollover IRA Wife's Roth IRA Joint brokerage account The Joint Brokerage account is the same, and shows up at the Fidelity web site when either of us logs into Fidelity. This setup is giving m...

Need to Merge 2 identical databases
Both databases are identical - same structure, related tables, etc. The difference is, they were used for different types of contacts. One was for healthcare companies, and the other for all other types. I've convinced my boss that it would be better to merge into one. Of course, both main tables will have identical id (autonumbers) numbers with different records attributed to that id number, For example, in database1 id# 3456 would be attributed to Acme Painting, while in database2, id# 3456 would be attributed to Quality Healthcare. In addition, related tables would have the id# in them...

Need Excel birthday list template
I found Excel templates for almost everything imaginable, so there must be one for a birthday list. I want to track people with dates and maybe a column for a gift and card. I want to be able to sort by name as well as by date. Is there one? Thanks. GayeSF wrote: > I found Excel templates for almost everything imaginable, so there must be > one for a birthday list. I want to track people with dates and maybe a > column for a gift and card. I want to be able to sort by name as well as by > date. Is there one? Thanks. > Do you REALLY need a TEMPLATE to do this si...

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...