Formula Needed for Transit Time

Good afternoon,

I have created a excel MRP for ordering raw material and I have listed below
the forumla I use, but I would like to add in the transit time which is 2 day.

                                Column                         E
 F             G
A244 BRACKET	Order		10000 	10000 	5000
NF	                Usage		11090	9050	7000
2000 PER BOX	Inventory	10000	8910	9860	7860
=ROUND((H131+I131+(J131*0.5)-G132)/2000,0)*2000

From the formula I have above I take the inventory and order two and halfs
weeks ahead which has the box quantity listed so I order in even amounts, but
I really need to add the transit time, can someone help me with this addition
of transit time.

Thank you,

0
Angela (59)

The example of columns got a little mangled in the posting, but if I
understand your formula correctly, you're counting the inventory for 2
1/2 weeks and rounding the result for an even box count.  I think you
may be mixing your metaphors if you try to add transit time to the
order quantity.  Instead, if you figure out what your inventory is and
calculate current usage, you can determine how many days of inventory
you have left.  From that you can figure when your re-supply order
should be submitted; consider the two days transit time in that
process.

Is that the gist of what you're looking for?

0
CycleZen (674)

Need advice moving data in mailboxes to another server
Hi, Due to corporate restructuring, we are setting up a new domain. In the process, we are upgrading our servers, etc. as well. Our task is to move user data i.e. saved mails, calendar items, etc. FROM a server running Exchange 2000 Standard in Domain A TO a server running Exchange 2003 Standard in Domain B. What is the best way to do this? -- Thanks, Sam Hi, Use exchange migration wizard or exmerge: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328871/en-us Leif "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A543306-4A7E-45FF-A997-48F27CF5CC39@microsoft.com... &g...

help with formula please #2

Need help using a VBAscript in excel
I need help :-( In this article there is a script to upload a file via FTP in VBA. http://www.naterice.com/articles/51 What I want to do is run this script with a pushbutton or when the file get's closed. I'm new to VBA, and the part where they tell me to supply the information is confusing. As I see it, I have to "open" the FTPupload and parse the information about the server when I call for the script? But how do I do this? I have tried in Excel to past the code in the VBA-editor, but how can I get a button to open this function with the information it needs? I'm ...

help with a formula #5

PivotTable Question - Repost
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Outlook 2003 HTML reverts to Times New Roman
This was probably asked and answered but haven't found anything exactly like my problem so here goes. Mail format set to HTML do not use Word as editior Message composed using Arial 12 point. Select Message convert to plain text Select Message convert to HTML and defaults to TNR Have checked every setting in Word and Outlook and modified every possible setting to use any font other than TNR. Is this fixable? -- MichaelIRS http://forums.slipstick.com ...

Formula #29

Invoice Customers On Account
When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is: 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"? 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt Printer? ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc. You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedRe...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Partial Matching HELP NEEDED...SOS!!
I am struggling with this and wondering if you could help.. Worksheet 1 Column A & B Keyword Category telecom Telecom tele com #N/A Worksheet 2 Column A & B term category telecom Telecom telcom Telecom tele com Telecom What I want to do is pull the category name from worksheet 2 on to worksheet 1. =VLOOKUP("*"&A2&"*",Sheet1!B:B,1,0) Is not working...any ideas? "MikeMikeMike" <michael.lovelady@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8379f02e-a8e2-48ed-b8ee-1b768ffbddc3@k15g2000prk.googlegroups.com... >I am struggling with this and wondering...

Between times
I did this once but fogot how. I have an order table with an order entry time. I have several months worth of data. I built another table that has time intervals. Example Interval Stime ETime 8-9am 8:00:00am 8:59:59am I cannot remember how to set up a query with both tables so I can do a count on the orders entered between time intervals, i.e. 200 between 8 and 9am. Can someone help? Sean Try this (not tested after editing table and field names) --- SELECT [Time interval].[Interval], Count([order table].[order entry time]) AS CountOfTime FROM [or...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

time out error
I'm using a D-link router not a Linksys my out-going e- mails with attachments always time out. Using Outlook 2002 on XP. Can anyone help? ...

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Including a formula in a path name.

Run-time error on setting textbox
I am trying to set a value to a textbox on a subform from a selection in a popup form. The textbox is bound to a table field (which is a foreign key / number field). The listbox on the popup returns a number. When I do: Forms!frmMainform!frmSubform.Form!txtNumber = Me.lstbox I get the following error: Run-time error 2448 You can't assign a value to this object I have another very similar form where I am able to set a value into a bound textbox. Why, then, can't I do it on this form? Is there some property that is set wrong or something? I need to be able to set this valu...

FORMULA #14

I need help with multiple Fidelity accounts and Money 2006
Here is my situation: I have the following accounts at Fidelity: Under my login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments" for these accounts My Rollover IRA My Roth IRA Joint brokerage account Under my wife's login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments # 2" for these accounts Wife's Rollover IRA Wife's Roth IRA Joint brokerage account The Joint Brokerage account is the same, and shows up at the Fidelity web site when either of us logs into Fidelity. This setup is giving m...

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...