Formula needed #2

Right all you clever people, I need a formula for my tax spreadsheet
who can help me?

I'm doing my mileage. I can claim back 40p a mile for the first 4,00
miles, then 25p a mile after that.

I've been using this formula for the 40p a mile: =D75*0.4 (D75 bein
the "total miles" cell)

Fairly straightforward, but how do I make it so it adds 0.4 for th
first 4,000 then 0.25 for everything after that. Is this possible?

Thanks in advance

--
dancingbear7
dancingbear72's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=389

Try this:

=IF(D75<=4000,D75*0.4,1600+(D75-4000)*0.25)

:cool

--
ElsiePO

ElsiePOA's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=390
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=26379

Hi,

Or simply try this:

=MIN(D75,4000)*0.4+MAX(D75-4000,0)*0.25

- Asse

--
Jazze
Jazzer's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=446

Try this formula. I assume your total mileage is in
column A1 and then down e.g. A1, A2, A3 etc..

Example
     A       B
1   6000

In cell B1 type...

=IF(A1<=4000,A1*0.4,IF(A1>4000,((4000*0.4)+(A1-4000)
*0.25),""))

This should work.

So if a vlaue is 4000 miles or less then it is just
multiplied by 0.4.
If a value is greater than 4000 e.g. 6000, then the first
4000 is * 0.4 and then the remainder i.e. 6000-4000=2000
is multiplied by 0.25.

You can drag this formula down the Excel sheet.

the first 4,000
>miles, then 25p a mile after that.
>
>I've been using this formula for the 40p a mile:
=D75*0.4 (D75 being
>the "total miles" cell)
>
>Fairly straightforward, but how do I make it so it adds
0.4 for the

---------------
>dancingbear72's Profile:
http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?
action=getinfo&userid=3890
>View this thread:
>
>.

0
anonymous (74725)
9/27/2004 12:12:30 PM
Same as others, just slightly different:

 =MIN(D75*0.4, 600 + D75/4)

HTH
Dana DeLouis

"dancingbear72" <dancingbear72.1d8qdy@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in
message news:dancingbear72.1d8qdy@excelforum-nospam.com...

> Right all you clever people, I need a formula for my tax spreadsheet,
> who can help me?
>
> I'm doing my mileage. I can claim back 40p a mile for the first 4,000
> miles, then 25p a mile after that.
>
> I've been using this formula for the 40p a mile: =D75*0.4 (D75 being
> the "total miles" cell)
>
> Fairly straightforward, but how do I make it so it adds 0.4 for the
> first 4,000 then 0.25 for everything after that. Is this possible?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>

> --
> dancingbear72
> dancingbear72's Profile:
> http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=3890
> View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=263796

0
delouis (422)

Need advice moving data in mailboxes to another server
Hi, Due to corporate restructuring, we are setting up a new domain. In the process, we are upgrading our servers, etc. as well. Our task is to move user data i.e. saved mails, calendar items, etc. FROM a server running Exchange 2000 Standard in Domain A TO a server running Exchange 2003 Standard in Domain B. What is the best way to do this? -- Thanks, Sam Hi, Use exchange migration wizard or exmerge: http://support.microsoft.com/kb/328871/en-us Leif "Sam" <Sam@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:8A543306-4A7E-45FF-A997-48F27CF5CC39@microsoft.com... &g...

help with formula please #2

Need help using a VBAscript in excel
I need help :-( In this article there is a script to upload a file via FTP in VBA. http://www.naterice.com/articles/51 What I want to do is run this script with a pushbutton or when the file get's closed. I'm new to VBA, and the part where they tell me to supply the information is confusing. As I see it, I have to "open" the FTPupload and parse the information about the server when I call for the script? But how do I do this? I have tried in Excel to past the code in the VBA-editor, but how can I get a button to open this function with the information it needs? I'm ...

PivotTable Question - Repost
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

help with a formula #5

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Dead Server in Exchange 5.5 #2
Hi Is it possible to remove a dead server from the exchange directory in 5.5 that is in a different site? I have had the suggestion to highlight the server and press delete but this is not available when the server is in another site. Also does simply highlighting and pressing delete fully clean that server from exchange? Thanks Gary You have to connect to a server in the site in question to delete, I believe. If this is the last server in the site, then you should remove the whole site. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324340 -- David Wilhoit Exchange MV...

Match #2
Hi, I have references on sheet 1 column A and I have part of these references on sheet 2 column A as well. On Sheet 1 column B, I want to put "Yes" for references on sheet 1 which match references on Sheet 2 and "No" for otherwise. N.B: There might be several rows with the same referece on Sheet 1, while on sheet 2 there is a unique reference for each raw. -- tarig Hi Tarig In sheet1,type in cell B1 the formula below. =IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,"yes","no") Regards Cimjet "Tarig" <Tarig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9A84...

Invoice Customers On Account
When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is: 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"? 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt Printer? ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc. You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedRe...

Formula #29

How do YOU organize the Excel projects? #2
I am not a pro in the programming, but I wrote several macros/programs doing various stuff over the years. Some of the rutines I use for future reference. All of them are in the Module1, Module2.....Module35. If I want to find some of the projects I have to go through 30 modules to find the right one. How do pros take care of it? Thanks. You may assign names to your modules. In the VB Editor, select the module and choose View>Properties>select the name that says Module1 and change it as desired. -- Greeting from the Gulf Coast! http://myweb.cableone.net/twodays "art" <a...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Partial Matching HELP NEEDED...SOS!!
I am struggling with this and wondering if you could help.. Worksheet 1 Column A & B Keyword Category telecom Telecom tele com #N/A Worksheet 2 Column A & B term category telecom Telecom telcom Telecom tele com Telecom What I want to do is pull the category name from worksheet 2 on to worksheet 1. =VLOOKUP("*"&A2&"*",Sheet1!B:B,1,0) Is not working...any ideas? "MikeMikeMike" <michael.lovelady@gmail.com> wrote in message news:8379f02e-a8e2-48ed-b8ee-1b768ffbddc3@k15g2000prk.googlegroups.com... >I am struggling with this and wondering...

Between times
I did this once but fogot how. I have an order table with an order entry time. I have several months worth of data. I built another table that has time intervals. Example Interval Stime ETime 8-9am 8:00:00am 8:59:59am I cannot remember how to set up a query with both tables so I can do a count on the orders entered between time intervals, i.e. 200 between 8 and 9am. Can someone help? Sean Try this (not tested after editing table and field names) --- SELECT [Time interval].[Interval], Count([order table].[order entry time]) AS CountOfTime FROM [or...

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Weekday formula

Trendline of multiple series #2
Am I able to calculate the trend over multiple sheets to get on inclusive trend using the trend function, if so how do I do i -- geooi ----------------------------------------------------------------------- geooil's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1650 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27890 How many data points? You cannot plot data that stretches over multiple sheets without somehow consolidating it: http://peltiertech.com/Excel/ChartsHowTo/ChartFromDiffSheets.html I'm not sure LINEST works with range...

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Purchase Order Processing Data Has Been Damaged #2
I have a customer who has multiple POs that have been received against yet the original PO is still in the "new" status so it shows up to be received against again. I have run reconcile on the POs and it wants to change the line item status from "new" to "closed" but then it gives the error "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild the data." No line item status changes are made. I have run Checklinks on the Purchasing Transactions table and that didn't make a difference. With SQL how do we rebuild the data? Have ...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

I need help with multiple Fidelity accounts and Money 2006
Here is my situation: I have the following accounts at Fidelity: Under my login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments" for these accounts My Rollover IRA My Roth IRA Joint brokerage account Under my wife's login ID: Financial Institution is named "Fidelity Investments # 2" for these accounts Wife's Rollover IRA Wife's Roth IRA Joint brokerage account The Joint Brokerage account is the same, and shows up at the Fidelity web site when either of us logs into Fidelity. This setup is giving m...