Formula - lowest number from 3 columns

I have 4 columns and would like a formula that would give me th
percentage of column 4 to the lowest number in columns 1, 2 or 3.

24          16           8           4
What is the percentage betwee 8 & 4

28           22         40           17
What is the percentage between 22 and 17
If you are paying $8 now and new price is $4, what is the saving
percentage.

I think I said that right!

Thanks for the help.
Sam

Hi

Try something like:
=D12/SMALL(A12:C12,1)
and format the result as a percentage.

--
Andy.

"samilees >" <<samilees.1a5y7i@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have 4 columns and would like a formula that would give me the
> percentage of column 4 to the lowest number in columns 1, 2 or 3.
>
> 24          16           8           4
> What is the percentage betwee 8 & 4
>
> 28           22         40           17
> What is the percentage between 22 and 17
> If you are paying $8 now and new price is $4, what is the savings
> percentage.
>
> I think I said that right!
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Sami
>

> ---

Andy
7/29/2004 4:26:04 PM
Hi Sami

if i'm understanding you correctly then

=(MIN(A8:C8)-D8)/MIN(A8:C8)
formatted as a percentage
should give you want you're after

Cheers
JulieD

"samilees >" <<samilees.1a5y7i@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> I have 4 columns and would like a formula that would give me the
> percentage of column 4 to the lowest number in columns 1, 2 or 3.
>
> 24          16           8           4
> What is the percentage betwee 8 & 4
>
> 28           22         40           17
> What is the percentage between 22 and 17
> If you are paying $8 now and new price is $4, what is the savings
> percentage.
>
> I think I said that right!
>
> Thanks for the help.
> Sami
>

> ---

JulieD1 (2295)
7/29/2004 4:27:08 PM
Hi
try
=D2/MIN(A2:C2)

0
frank.kabel (11126)
7/29/2004 4:38:11 PM
Frank:
You have me on the right path.  It works if there is in one of th
three cells.  If I have something in a and B, it won't work.  Will wor
with something only in A B or C.
Also, I would like to show the savings that D represents over th
lowest number in ABC.
If A is $34.99 B is $42.48 and C is $38.27 and I can sell it to you fo
$29.99, your savings would be 16.6%
I appreciate the hel

Allow me to take that back, it works, Thank you
I just need:
I would like to show the savings that D represents over the lowes
number in ABC.
If A is $34.99 B is $42.48 and C is $38.27 and I can sell it to you fo
$29.99, your savings would be 16.6%
I appreciate the hel

Hi
try
=(MIN(A1:C1)-D1)/D1

--
Regards
Frank Kabel

> Allow me to take that back, it works, Thank you
> I just need:
> I would like to show the savings that D represents over the lowest
> number in ABC.
> If A is $34.99 B is $42.48 and C is $38.27 and I can sell it to you
> for $29.99, your savings would be 16.6%
> I appreciate the help
>

> ---
frank.kabel (11126)

Shift to end of column
Can someone help with a relatively simple task. I have columns of data with specific headings. I have created names for each of the colums and now need to write a macro that will: 1. go to a required column 2. do a calculation (say average) of the data in that column and place the result 2 cells BELOW the last filled cell in that column Can someone smart out there help me with the code? Many thanks Hume In a roundabout sort of way the code below will do it. (Use it as a starter) Sub AverageColumn() Dim lColumnLetter As String Dim sTopOfRange As String, sBottomofRange As String Dim rRange...

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

Can I Increase The Length Of The Serial Number?
Is it possible to increase the length of the serial number field? We use some very long serials and the software will not accept the whole of the serial number. Thanks. You can try testing on a demo database but I am pretty sure that RMS will not like your changes. I know from experience that if you did the same thing with the ILC or Description fields this will cause RMS to crash. Rob "El Preisdente" wrote: > Is it possible to increase the length of the serial number field? > > We use some very long serials and the software will not accept the whole of > the s...

calculate per day usage with a number range
I have the check in date and the check out date for a large group. I would like to see how many rooms are used per day for the period. Column A = Check in date (ex: 2-feb) Column B = Check out date (ex: 10-feb) How can I tell how many rooms were used on 6-feb, how many on 7-feb, etc? Thanks so much for your help! Put the date of interest (e.g. 6-feb-2008) in D2 then in E2 use this formula =SUMPRODUCT((A$2:A$100<=D2)*(B$2:B$100>=D2)) You can copy the formula down to calculate for more date in column D "peabody" wrote: > I have the check in date and the check out dat...

Weekday formula

To find out number of sundays and saturdays in january month
Hai all, How I can find out the number of saturdays and sundays in January For example in A1 and B1 cell represents Saturdays and Sundays. How I can find out the number of saturdays and sundays in that month and to write in corresponsing A2 and B2 column . Please help with thanks and regards Pol =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(DATE(2008,1,1)&":"&DATE(2008,1,31))),1)=1)) Would tell you the number of Sundays in January of 2008. =SUMPRODUCT(--(WEEKDAY(ROW(INDIRECT(DATE(2008,1,1)&":"&DATE(2008,1,31))),1)=7)) Would tell you the number of Saturd...

Send As permission #3
I am trying to grant a user Send As permission. I enable Advanced view, go to the Users object that I want to grant access to, go to the security tab, click advanced, and click Add, but I do not see Send As permission there. I can grant full mailbox access, but the grantee still shows "Sendt on Behalf Of" in the e-mail when they send for that user. What did I miss? Never mind....you have to do it on the domain controller, not from an exchange server.... "Tom Felts" <tfelts@mckennalong.com> wrote in message news:e3MFRAbUFHA.3312@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl.....

Formula to return a formula

Security #3
When restrictions are placed on profiles, sometimes when the user logs on he may get a pop up window saying they do not have security privileges, they then click ok, and they are able to gain access to their specific profile. Is this normal? And how can I stop that pop up window from coming up? rcr, Can You tell where exactly this is happening. This generally happens in the Smartlist window. Here is the resolution just in case its happening in Smartlist 1. Go to Security and Select the User for whom this issue is happening 2. Select Product as FieldService, Type - Window and Series ...

Count formula within a named range.

Random number generator expression used
My final year (Statistics degree) project is concerned with the PRNG in MS Excel. It was stated by the lecturer in Simulation Studies that this PRNG was no good for simulation purposes .. the cycle length is not long enough. So that I can test this statement I need to be able to run the in-built PRNG so that it repeats the sequence of generated random numbers. This cannot be done in situ as there are not enough cells available (max 16k ?). I would propose to run the PRNG as a VBA macro - or stand_alone in VB6 - but for that I need to obtain the mathematical expression that is used ...

RMS Version 3.0
Hi, is there any news about RMS Version 3.0? I can't find any information about a release date. Thanks, Timo I remember when participating in the 1.3 web cast MS also outlined the next version timelines. At that time release 3.0 was scheduled for the first quarter of 2008. Well, the quarter has come and gone and no word about 3.0. Nothing from my reseller either nor from the beta team (I had volunteered to become a beta tester). I just see my maintenance dollars wasted yet again for not getting anything for it. Here we have a product that is supposed to be better then the competi...

Heading numbers in the left margin
Hi, I'm trying to create outline numbered headings, where the number is located in the left margin. I try to accomplish this using a negative value for "NumberPosition" on the ListTemplate. Initially, this works fine, but as soon as I click on the Heading's number, the whole paragraph, including the number, "jumps in" to the right so that the number is located exactly at the margin instead of to the left of it. I define my styles and ListTemplate in VBA, the relevant portion of which reads: With .ListTemplate.ListLevels(1) .NumberPo...

Including a formula in a path name.

FORMULA #14

Genrating text and auto number
How to generate auto number but i want it to be combination with text Example L0001, THEN L0002 and so on..how? -- Message posted via http://www.accessmonster.com Emily, What does the 'L' stand for ? Will this field contain other series of numbers that start with some other letter but which must also start sequencing at 00001? By storing more than one piece of information in a single database field, you are violating the first normal form of database design. I would recommend you store the letter designator in a separate field. Assuming that you have other letters, that mu...

formula wording
i dont know if you can do this..... if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language thanks if anyone can hel -- cutsygur ----------------------------------------------------------------------- cutsygurl's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=1504 View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=27569 cutsygurl Wrote: > i dont know if you can do this..... > if(c5=10, take the cell 5 right 3 down to it, 0) > if you can, i dont know how to write it in excel language &...