Formula Help 2 QUESTIONS

I am trying to do the following:

QUESTION 1:

I have a spreadsheet that contains hundreds of records and most if not all
of them are duplicated. I have tried an advanced auto filter but it doesn't
seem to be working correctly. Is there a formula I can use to only pull one
record into a new spreadsheet
QUESTION 2

I am trying to compare information in spreadsheet ONE to info in spreadsheet
TWO and return data into spreadsheet THREE. All three spreadsheet are saved
separetly, how would I write the location into the formula?

 I tried the below but it is not returning the correct information
='C:\Documents and Settings\me06764\Desktop\New Folder\[ONE Test.xls]120 Day
'!$I$2

So I am trying to say if Field A (ONE) matched Field B (TWO) then return to
Filed A in (THREE), if not then return N/A, False, etc.

0
missy (16)

hi.
question1:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm

Question2:
http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther

regards
FSt1

"Missy" wrote:

> I am trying to do the following:
>
> QUESTION 1:
>
> I have a spreadsheet that contains hundreds of records and most if not all
> of them are duplicated. I have tried an advanced auto filter but it doesn't
> seem to be working correctly. Is there a formula I can use to only pull one
> record into a new spreadsheet
> QUESTION 2
>
> I am trying to compare information in spreadsheet ONE to info in spreadsheet
> TWO and return data into spreadsheet THREE. All three spreadsheet are saved
> separetly, how would I write the location into the formula?
>
>  I tried the below but it is not returning the correct information
> ='C:\Documents and Settings\me06764\Desktop\New Folder\[ONE Test.xls]120 Day
> '!$I$2
>
> So I am trying to say if Field A (ONE) matched Field B (TWO) then return to
> Filed A in (THREE), if not then return N/A, False, etc.

0
FSt1 (238)
8/26/2005 5:14:01 PM
Thanks, I'll see if I can use this

"FSt1" wrote:

> hi.
> question1:
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm
>
> Question2:
> http://www.cpearson.com/excel/duplicat.htm#InOneNotOther
>
> regards
> FSt1
>
> "Missy" wrote:
>
> > I am trying to do the following:
> >
> > QUESTION 1:
> >
> > I have a spreadsheet that contains hundreds of records and most if not all
> > of them are duplicated. I have tried an advanced auto filter but it doesn't
> > seem to be working correctly. Is there a formula I can use to only pull one
> > record into a new spreadsheet
> > -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
> > QUESTION 2
> >
> > I am trying to compare information in spreadsheet ONE to info in spreadsheet
> > TWO and return data into spreadsheet THREE. All three spreadsheet are saved
> > separetly, how would I write the location into the formula?
> >
> >  I tried the below but it is not returning the correct information
> > ='C:\Documents and Settings\me06764\Desktop\New Folder\[ONE Test.xls]120 Day
> > '!$I$2
> >
> > So I am trying to say if Field A (ONE) matched Field B (TWO) then return to
> > Filed A in (THREE), if not then return N/A, False, etc.

0
missy (16)

Need help using a VBAscript in excel
I need help :-( In this article there is a script to upload a file via FTP in VBA. http://www.naterice.com/articles/51 What I want to do is run this script with a pushbutton or when the file get's closed. I'm new to VBA, and the part where they tell me to supply the information is confusing. As I see it, I have to "open" the FTPupload and parse the information about the server when I call for the script? But how do I do this? I have tried in Excel to past the code in the VBA-editor, but how can I get a button to open this function with the information it needs? I'm ...

Exchange Folder Question
I on occasion get a eventvwr app message in exchange 2003 sp2 stating "MSExchangeIS Mailbox Store - " Error 0x6bb deleting unused restricted view from folder 1-1121769 on database "StorageGroup2\MailboxStore1"... I'd like to check the folder for it's name (as exchange sees it) Is there any way to look for folder in adsi or otherwise and find folder 1-1121769 and maybe find the friendly name that I would know of? I looked for any information on this - realizing that it is probably not worth worrying about, however i'd like to monitor the folders that may be ...

help with formula please #2

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

Only MVP could help.
In the SQL database there is a column that holds the data where this transaction is onhold or not. Dose any MVP know which table and column holds that data?? Look at TransactionHold and TransactionHoldEntry. Afshin Alikhani - ( afshin@retailrealm.co.uk ) CEO - Retail Realm = = = = = = = = = = = "TJW" <TJW@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C53A8D5C-17DD-4D28-A237-D061028BB440@microsoft.com... > In the SQL database there is a column that holds the data where this > transaction is onhold or not. Dose any MVP know which table and column > holds > ...

help with a formula #5

PivotTable Question - Repost
Hello. I'm using Excel 2000. I've created some pivot tables for reporting purposes. I intend to use them to replace old fashioned charts and tables that are manually keyed summary data. I need to keep the transition to the new spreadsheet as unobtrustive as possible for my less technical users, so that they have the same charts that they're used to. The problem with that is, I need to create seven charts. I want to use the same pivot table (which pulls data from Access) for each chart, but I want each chart to have different categories, page fields, series, etc. ...

Appending or Up-dating a formula

Dead Server in Exchange 5.5 #2
Hi Is it possible to remove a dead server from the exchange directory in 5.5 that is in a different site? I have had the suggestion to highlight the server and press delete but this is not available when the server is in another site. Also does simply highlighting and pressing delete fully clean that server from exchange? Thanks Gary You have to connect to a server in the site in question to delete, I believe. If this is the last server in the site, then you should remove the whole site. http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;324340 -- David Wilhoit Exchange MV...

Match #2
Hi, I have references on sheet 1 column A and I have part of these references on sheet 2 column A as well. On Sheet 1 column B, I want to put "Yes" for references on sheet 1 which match references on Sheet 2 and "No" for otherwise. N.B: There might be several rows with the same referece on Sheet 1, while on sheet 2 there is a unique reference for each raw. -- tarig Hi Tarig In sheet1,type in cell B1 the formula below. =IF(A1=Sheet2!A1,"yes","no") Regards Cimjet "Tarig" <Tarig@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:C9A84...

Formula #29

Invoice Customers On Account
When invoice customers on account a "Sales Receipt" is generated and sent to my epson receipt printer, however most of my corporate clients "account departments" do not accept a "Sales Receipt". My question is: 1) How do I printer a receipt to say "Invoice" not "Sales Receipt"? 2) How do I send this "Invoice" to my laser printer and not my Epson Receipt Printer? ~Johnny @ Mr. Inkjet Inc. You can download 'Invoice' receipt files here https://mbs.microsoft.com/customersource/support/downloads/reportslibrary/rms/ModifiedRe...

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

help
I have a table Contest with ContestId (PK int), ContestName, ContestDate. I have another table Registration which stores the data for people who register for the contest. Registration has RegistrationId (PK int), ContestId (FK int) , PersonsName (varchar), Isawinner(bit) I would like a query which would return me the following results: ContestDate. ContestName, count of registrations for that date, count of winners for that date Select c.ContestDate, c.ContestName, Count(*) As NumberOfRegistrations Sum(Cast r.Isawinner As int)) As NumberWinners From Contest c Inner Join Reg...

Weekday formula

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Purchase Order Processing Data Has Been Damaged #2
I have a customer who has multiple POs that have been received against yet the original PO is still in the "new" status so it shows up to be received against again. I have run reconcile on the POs and it wants to change the line item status from "new" to "closed" but then it gives the error "Purchase Order Processing data has been damaged; please rebuild the data." No line item status changes are made. I have run Checklinks on the Purchasing Transactions table and that didn't make a difference. With SQL how do we rebuild the data? Have ...

Including a formula in a path name.

Pls Help Me Out
hi guys today i made a damn mistake of my life im using exchange 2k3 sp2 im facing problems in OWA im using form based authentication its giving me message 440 login timeout when i enter mail.mydomin.com its redirects the request but no login page of owa just giving me message 440 login timeout when i uncheck foam based authentication in exchange its giving me FBA login Box and every thing works fine but checking foam based authentication giving me message 440 login time out error messaege but let me tell me one thing today i was editing my logon.asp i have replaced with old backup file...

FORMULA #14

Difference in Help buttons?
I use OL 2003. On the standard toolbar (Inbox view), there is a question mark. When it is clicked, it brings up a side panel with a field for a question. There is also a field for questions at the top right of the screen. If I put my question in each of these fields, they bring up different lists. For instance, typing in the word "Toolbars" brought up 20 entries on one and 30 entries on the other. Yet, they both seem to be going to Microsoft Online for their answers. Why is there a difference? Which blank has proven most productive to folks in this group? Thank you. ...