Formula error #8

Hi,

I'm new (still) so I'm sure this is easy, but I can't suss it.

I have this formula to add the total sum (in £) from certain cells. The
problem is if some of the cells have no value in them I get an error #value

my formula is : =IF(ISBLANK(K4),"",SUM(R4+R6+R8+R11+R14+P17))

any help apreciated
0
Anthony2219 (255)

If one of the cells in the SUM range accidentally has a blank space
entered, you'll get that value.

0
CycleZen (674)
7/8/2005 8:18:53 PM
anyway then to count a blank space as zero??

"Dave O" wrote:

> If one of the cells in the SUM range accidentally has a blank space
> entered, you'll get that value.

0
Anthony2219 (255)
7/8/2005 8:37:02 PM
Maybe

--

Dave Peterson
0

"Dave Peterson" wrote:

> Maybe
>
> =IF(ISBLANK(K4),"",SUM(R4,R6,R8,R11,R14,P17))
>
> Anthony wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm new (still) so I'm sure this is easy, but I can't suss it.
> >
> > I have this formula to add the total sum (in £) from certain cells. The
> > problem is if some of the cells have no value in them I get an error #value
> >
> > my formula is : =IF(ISBLANK(K4),"",SUM(R4+R6+R8+R11+R14+P17))
> >
> > any help apreciated
>
> --
>
> Dave Peterson

0
Anthony2219 (255)
7/8/2005 9:12:05 PM
And I bet that at least one of those cells wasn't really blank.

(It may have contained text (even a single space character).)

=sum() ignores cells with text.
But =a1+b1+c1 will cause errors if there's text in one of those cells.

(=sum() doesn't need those +'s either.)

--

Dave Peterson
0

help with formula please #2

Appending or Up-dating a formula

How to run Visual Basic from Excel sheet #8
How do I run a Visual Basic routine from a normal Excel cell. I would like to do something like this: =IF(RunIt=TRUE, Run my Visual Basic routine, Do nothing) So if some calculations results in the variable "RunIt" is set equal to TRUE, the Visual Basic routine must run. Kristian ------------------------------------------------ ~~ Message posted from http://www.ExcelTip.com/ ~~ View and post usenet messages directly from http://www.ExcelForum.com/ Hi Kristian, You can only run functions from a worksheet. Not subs. You can use a worksheet change event. Do a google search for w...

Type Mismatch error on DNS capture... HELP please
Hello, Does anybody can help me on this issue please? I did write a script to capture server primary and secondary DNS through WMI class, it is working properly with many servers in my environment, but for some reason that I don't know, it is stopping during execution at line 23 char 30, Error: Type mismatch, code: 800A000D, for some servers, all servers are in the same domain, with the same architeture, I cannot identify where VB is getting this error, also I've try with IP address and DNS name, same problem. here is the script. Option Explicit Dim DNS1, DNS2, o...

help with a formula #5

Formula #29

Can offset be used in this formula?

Formula to return tomorrow's date.

GP Upgrade--9.0 to 10.0-Registration Error
I installed GP 10.0 on test server and created the new company to much current production environment which is Gp 9.0. I can easily log in to Gp but it thinks it's trail version and that i have 90 days to register. I tried using my GP 10.0 License Keys to register but get error "invalid license keys". HELP! Registration keys are not interchangeable among different versions of GP. If you are a customer, you will need to contact your partner for new registration keys, and if you are a partner, you can get new ones from VOICE. Best regards, -- MG.- Mariano Gomez, MIS, MCP, ...

error message with sum
(New user) In my spreadsheet, I have four columns, each with a 0 or a 1 in each cell. The last cell in each column is "total" with formula =SUM(A3:A68), with appropriate column letters for each particula one. The columns get totalled correctly, but each of the "total" cells has a green triangle. The error message is: "the formula in this cell refers to a range that has additional numbers adjacent to it." I'm not sure what this means. I can't seem to get anything from the help screens. If by "adjacent" Excel means the columns next to each other,...

Error accessing the OLE registry.
When using the Wizard to create a chart from a table which has 3 fields after selecting all 3 fields and choosing the default chart type I get the message :- Chart Wizard Automation error Error accessing the OLE registry. If I then continue I get an overflow error message when clicking the Finish button and am forced to use the Cancel button to close the wizard. Can anyone suggest what the problem might be, and is it anything to do with having Access 2003 installed as part of Office 2003 Pro? Viv ...

Weekday formula

Business Portal Query Error
GP 10.0, BP 4, 2-IIS Servers running WNLBS, WSS 3.0, Separate SQL 2005 Cluster. I just installed the BP. It comes up and I can configure users/security, but I can not see any data on the Sales/CustomerSummary/CustomerList or Inventory/Items/ItemList - both lists show the message "Query Error." prefixed by a red-x-circle in the blue footer bar of the lists. I've searched thru the WSS trace logs when they are set to log everything, and do not see any errors reported. Help! Chris. Additional info: When I click on the red-x, I get this error description in a popup window:...

time out error
I'm using a D-link router not a Linksys my out-going e- mails with attachments always time out. Using Outlook 2002 on XP. Can anyone help? ...

AD User Account deleted, now Authentication Errors
An admin deleted the AD account for a user. We recreated the account in AD but the user cannot access CRM 3.0. He gets an error that says Authentication Error, whenever he tries to access CRM. I see that CRM is keeping track of the users GUID in a table. How do we associate the old account in CRM with the new GUID of the user? disable the existing crm user (which was deleted ) in crm and then recreate him/her. /Aamir Open the CRM Deployment Manager, Find the list of users Right Click on the user Select Change Account You should then be able to assoiciate them with the account. As...

Formula to return a formula

Count formula within a named range.

Error when opening the system settings (currency, organisation)
Hi I've set up CRM 3.0 and everything seems to work fine, but when i got to SETTINGS > ORGANISATION SETTINGS > SYSTEM SETTINGS I got an error message " Error, Contact your system administrator for more information" other part of the settings are workink like SETTINGS > ORGANISATION SETTINGS > Auto Numbering What could be wrong? Is this directly on the CRM Server itself? Running over HTTPS? Does reports work? Frank Lee, Microsoft CRM MVP http://microsoft-crm.spaces.live.com http://www.workopia.com/Links.htm "Michael Buholzer" wrote: > Hi > ...

Including a formula in a path name.

DCOM error Event ID 10016
On my Windows 2003 SP1 with Exchange 2003 SP2 I get a lot of Dcom error 10016 at startup. They eventually stop and the server seems to work fine afterwards. However, i would like to get this resolved. Here is the event id: The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID {9DA0E103-86CE-11D1-8699-00C04FB98036} to the user NT AUTHORITY\SYSTEM SID (S-1-5-18). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool. While looking in the registry the clsid is related to MSEX...

Run-time error on setting textbox
I am trying to set a value to a textbox on a subform from a selection in a popup form. The textbox is bound to a table field (which is a foreign key / number field). The listbox on the popup returns a number. When I do: Forms!frmMainform!frmSubform.Form!txtNumber = Me.lstbox I get the following error: Run-time error 2448 You can't assign a value to this object I have another very similar form where I am able to set a value into a bound textbox. Why, then, can't I do it on this form? Is there some property that is set wrong or something? I need to be able to set this valu...

FORMULA #14