Formula? #2

Could someone to help me to write a  formula which could do such thing:

"mother"  to change to "rehtom"

Im not a beginer  at using excel but can not think about righ
formula.

Than

In a standard module paste:

Function ReverseString(rng As Range) As String
    Dim i As Integer
    For i = Len(rng.Value) To 1 Step -1
        ReverseString = ReverseString & Mid(rng.Value, i, 1)
    Next
End Function

in A1  -->>   Mother
Formula in B1    =ReverseString(A1)  ---  Displays  --->>   rehtoM

HTH

"Giedrius >" <<Giedrius.19uik7@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Could someone to help me to write a  formula which could do such thing:
>
> "mother"  to change to "rehtom"
>
> Im not a beginer  at using excel but can not think about right
> formula.
>

> Thanx
>

> ---

jmay (696)
7/23/2004 12:24:47 PM
To do this you will need a User Defined Function using the
following VBA formula from John Walkenbach:

Option Explicit

Function REVERSETEXT(text) As String
'   Returns its argument, reversed
    Dim TextLen As Integer
    Dim i As Integer
    TextLen = Len(text)
    For i = TextLen To 1 Step -1
        REVERSETEXT = REVERSETEXT & Mid(text, i, 1)
    Next i
End Function

HTH

0
mmzehr (177)
7/23/2004 12:26:37 PM
Voila, j'ai un tableau de + de 1000 clients, avec leurs coordonnees sous excel. Je voudrais que quand je rentre le nom d'un client ds une cellule specifique, il m'enmene directement sur la ligne du client. Tu connais la fonction?

"Giedrius >" wrote:

> Could someone to help me to write a  formula which could do such thing:
>
> "mother"  to change to "rehtom"
>
> Im not a beginer  at using excel but can not think about right
> formula.
>

> Thanx
>

> ---

Clement (5)
7/23/2004 2:16:03 PM
On Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:03:45 -0500, Giedrius
<<Giedrius.19uik7@excelforum-nospam.com>> wrote:

>Could someone to help me to write a  formula which could do such thing:
>
>"mother"  to change to "rehtom"
>
>Im not a beginer  at using excel but can not think about right
>formula.
>

>Thanx
>

>---

If you Excel 2002 or later, you could use this UDF:

Function Reverse(str As String) As String
    Reverse = StrReverse(str)
End Function

--ron
0
ronrosenfeld (3122)

Help: Formula put into entire row creates large file size
Hi, I have a spreadsheet where I would like one column to be the concatenation of two other columns. For example, in column C I would have =A1&B1. This excel file will be given to people and they will fill in values into columns A and B. The trick is, I don't know how many rows there will be, so I don't know how many rows in column C should have this formula. If I paste this formula into the entire column C, the excel file blows up to 3 megabytes. (It's only 15KB without this column). Are there ways for me to accomplish this more efficiently? Thanks for any help Are y...

Formulas in Excel
Hi I am not sure how to word this but here goes, I would like to be able to enter a w-4 withholding exemption (single and 1 or married and 2, etc.) and have excel calculate this change automatically. Would this be an IF formula? Thanks for any help you can offer. -- Life, Love and Happiness Give us some figures or a bit for information as anything can be an IF statement, a simple =A1+B1 can be If=(A1<>"",A1+B1,"") or an if and If=(And(A1<>"",B1<>""),A1+B1,"") etc. so as you can see we need a little more info! -- The...

Can i apply 2 mailbox manager policies to the same mailstore ?
I have been reading up alot on this issue, and the only information i have been able to find is that you cant run more then 1 exchange recipient policy against the same user. My issue - I want to have a seperate mailbox manager policy run against each of my 4 mailstores to do a cleanup of inbox and sent / draft items. this policy moves the mail items into the deleted items folder for each mailstore. On top of this policy i want to have a policy that will delete all mail items older then 60 or 90 days depending on the mailstore from the deleted items, and delete them permanently. How ca...

Printing one pg item (visio), only prints 2nd 1/2 of page. Help?
I have a one page flowchart in Visio 2003. It fits an 8 1/2 x 11 page on print preview screen. When printed, only get 2nd half of the flowchart on the page, as though it only started printing from that point. All settings seem normal, am able to print normally in Word. Opened other visio flowcharts that had printed normally 30 minutes ago, and now only getting 2nd half of page. There were some printing issus with Visio 2003. Have applied the latest patch to Visio 2003 and are you using the latest printer drivers? John... Visio MVP Need stencils or ideas? http://www.mvps.org/visio/3...

Counting empty cells within a range of cells #2
A sheet can have a variable range of adjacent cells each containing the value =1 The range defines the perimeter of, or surrounds a group of empty cells however outside the perimeter, the remaining cells on the sheet are empty as well. The task is to count the empty cells that are surrounded by the perimeter of 1�s: To do this manually, I use the @countif (range=0) function however it requires that I go into the worksheet and select the range manually. I would like to do this by formula or macro. The knowns are: 1) The location of the start/end cell of the range 2) That the next cell in ...

Toggle Button Help 2
How do I configure a toggle button to toggle a cell between 2 differen colors (in this case from blue to white and back)? I only have half o the formula but don't know how to assign the other half of the toggl to change the cell back to white. Here's my formula: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() Range("D20").Select With Selection.Interior .ColorIndex = 8 .Pattern = xlSolid End With End Sub How do I add the rest? Thanks.. -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com Josiah, Answer Toggle question #2, you can assign the function: Private Sub ToggleButton1_Click() I...

Copying a worksheet and retaining values (not formulas)
I have a comprehensive sales spreadsheet setup which reads raw data from my PC, collates and calculates, and displays a summary sheet. This summary sheet is fine as long as it is on my PC, but sending it to others who do not share the source data means all the links are broken. Rather than give access to the links, I want to create a file containing the actual calculated values, layout and formatting, for sending to others. Can this be done? (and if so, how!) Hi 1. way Right-click on sheet tab, select 'Move or Copy', check 'Create a Copy' and select 'New book'...

Formula appears instead of value
What would cause a formula to display instead of the result. For example in sheet1 A1 if I enter =Sheet2!A1 I will get =Sheet2!A1 displayed in the cell. I should point out this problem does not occur if I select a different range on the same sheet. Hope you can understand what my problem is! Pat Most likely the cell is formatted as Text. Change the format to General, and press F2 then Enter. -- Cordially, Chip Pearson Microsoft MVP - Excel Pearson Software Consulting, LLC www.cpearson.com "Pat" <glass_patrick@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:ejkP1YMBFHA.1452@TK2...

Relay Problems #2
Hello Everyone, I have setup quite a few Exchange servers in my life, but the things that has now happened to me, is quite strange. I have a SBS 2003RC2 server running here, which keeps on relaying messages! I checked the relay, authenication, etc. settings. They're all like they have to be. I checked for virusses and spyware, no luck at all... In the meantime, I had to block port 25 to stop messages sending out. I put on the logging to the highest level, but it looke like they do not use any account to logon to the smtp server, which means it is an open relay. Quite strange with ...

MSN BillPay and Money 2007 #2
Has anyone had any experience with setting up MSN BillPay in Microsoft Money 2007? From Managing Online Services within Money 2007 I signed up for MSN BillPay and have my user name and password to make payments but limited to using the MSN Web Site. When I try to enter this info in Money 2007 to activate MSN billpay online services I get a message saying that I must have "special sign-in information" other than the web based user name/password and points me back to the MSN Web Site for the needed info. My problem is that I cannot find any mention of this special sign-in on any of t...

the system cannot find the file specified outlook 2003 #2
Attachments show up in emails, but when you try to open them, the messages comes up "the system cannot find the file specified", but other recipiants on same email can open theirs. ...

Using (1), (2), (3), etc. in Risks and Issues Category values?
Do most of you use numbers, like (1), (2), (3), to define Category values for Risks and Issues to keep it "the same" as the out-of-the- box values for Status? Just curious. Thanks Andy Novak UNT Andy, I have used both with numbers and without for projects, based on the clients maturity. I would suggest if you want to make it as easy as possible to differentiate between the different risk and issues categories, put the number in, it makes it much easier to see. Alex. On Feb 20, 8:48=A0am, "ano...@unt.edu" <ano...@unt.edu> wrote: > Do most of y...

Formula Cell Error
Hi all, i have a problem with the following code, would appreciate if anyone can give me some help on this. Basically everything works fine except for this line: Cells(i, 12).FormulaR1C1 = "=SUM(J" & StartCount & ":J" & EndCount & ")" The cell will reflect "=SUM('J2':'J3')" instead of "=SUM(J2:J3)". --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Sub Test() For i = 2 To 100 Step 1 Cells(i, 1).Select If Cells(i, 1).Interior.ColorI...

Outlook Shutdown #2
I am able to send/receive emails thru Outlook 2003. However, the program will not completely shutdown (the icon remains in the lower right)and I have to use the task manager to complete the shutdown. Then, when I restart outlook, I receive the message to start in "safe mode". What could be keeping outlook from completely shutting down? (OS=XP prof, 56K modem shared on a home nw) Thanks, Tracy ...

help with 2 xl sheets...
I need help with 2 worksheets. first sheet is a time schedule sheet. I need to count the total number of shifts entered in a week The sheet is set up so columns are days of weeks, each person has 2 rows, top row is the start time bottom row is end time, time is entered is in 24Hr format and shifts start at various times of days. Second I have a row of numbers 1 to 20 that is averaged in row 21 in column A. Row 1 has the most current figure, row 20 is oldest, Can I set it up so I can enter the most current number in row 1 column A and all the existing figures automatically bump down 1 row? ...

ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? #2
I need to fine out how to save a hml workbook onto my website do I need to use ftp server or I can saved from Ecxel? Kosta ...

Sum Formula #2
I have two spreadsheets in a workbook. One has forecasts by week and the other is used for planning purposes. I need to put sum formula in my planning sheet to add up the forecasts for a set period of time. The number of weeks to sum would vary by line (I have over 500 lines in my spreadsheet so don't want to have to do this manually. e.g If I need to sum 6 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:J6) If I need to sum 8 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:L6) If I need to sum 9 weeks the formula would be SUM(E6:M6) TIA Rob With the number of weeks in cell B4 -- =SUM(OFFSET(Forecasts!E6...

IIS & Exchange: 2 x SMTP server?
Hi, We have IIS and Exchange running on IIS. The server was accepting incoming SMTP but the message were not stored in Exchange, also some configured domains were not accepted. In IIS and Exchange there is a configuration for SMTP and we suspected that the IIS SMTP got the incoming calls and handled it. We changed the port number of SMTP in Exchange to 8025 and as we thought a telnet session to 25 accepted mails (but not stored in Exchange), when connected to port 8025 mail was stored exchange and other domains were accepted. We tried to stop the smtp server in IIS but at every restart the...

Exchange 2000 - Additional Server
Hi We have 2 sites, connected via a 256k leased line, separated into 2 subnets. On the site with the Internet gateway, we have an Exchange server 2000, which currently all clients at both sites connect to via Outlook 2000. We have approx 25 users at each site. I would like to put a second exchange server at our remote site, so that when they get attachments etc, they don't have to wait forever etc. We would then have each person's mailbox on the server that they normally use, I can get my site log on scripts to deal with which Exchange server they use. I am thinking maybe we coul...

User Name #2
Every time I try to open an Excel or Word document I'm prompted to enter a user name (which is added by default). It has only recently appeared. How do I get rid of this pest? I'm using Office 2007 and Windows Vista. ...

Migrate data from 1.2 to 3.0
Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate data from 1.2 SBS to 3.0 Professional after doing all the required mappings ? Is there an easier way to have data from 1.2 SBS moved to 3.0 Professional? Unfortunately you cannot move data between deployments. You can only upgrade the existing CRM 1.2 deployment to 3.0. There is no 1.2 SBS Edition, so you may have to redeploy the 1.2 environment to a new place, then upgrade the system. -- Laszlo Kovacs MCSE+S, MCT, Microsoft Dynamics Certified Master "Jij" wrote: > Hi Can i use the data migration framework to migrate d...

Cell Formula reference to cell Based On third Cell Content
I want to build a formula in one cell that calls a second based on the numeric value in a third. Specifically, Say the frst cell is F10. I want it to look up the number in F1, and then if F1=1, F10=E9*something if F1=2, F10=D9*something if F1=3, F10=C9* something etc. ...

Option to choose deposit amount and make payments on backorders. #2
Would like the option to choose deposit amount and make payments on backorders. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.microsoft.com/Businesssolutions/Community/NewsGroups/dgbrowser/en-us/default.mspx?mid=a6218988-e708-4938-a567-b96fd43884af&dg=m...

Escape key #2
On Feb 6, 8:38 am, "Ed" <e...@hvc.rr.com> wrote: > I am using VC++ 6.0 > How do I stop the escape key from exiting my program? > Thanks. Problem solved ;) I modified CMydialog::OnSysCommand and now it works as desired Thanks all. ------------------------------------- void CEcolorDlg::OnSysCommand(UINT nID, LPARAM lParam) { if ((nID & 0xFFF0) == IDM_ABOUTBOX) { CAboutDlg dlgAbout; dlgAbout.DoModal(); } else if ((nID & 0xFFF0) == SC_CLOSE) { //if user clicked the "X" EndDialog(IDOK); //Close the dialog with IDOK (or IDCAN...

Can I install my copy of Access on 2 computers? My Desktop & my Laptop ?
Some software allows more than one installation... maybe one for your regular desktop and another for your laptop. Does MS allow this for a single license copy of MS Access? Thanks for any help. "Mel" <myemaillist@gmail.com> wrote > Some software allows more than one installation... > maybe one for your regular desktop and another > for your laptop. > > Does MS allow this for a single license copy of MS Access? You'd have to read the End User License Agreement that came with your copy of Access. Licenses vary depending on version, ti...