Formatting sheets

Hi,

Is there a way to cascade formatting in an xls?

I.e I have a xls with one sheet in it, for each new sheet added I woul
like it to have the formatting etc of the first sheet.

Is this possible?

Thanks,

Hi

You can set up a default for new sheets/workbooks but these are for all new
sheets/workbooks and not one default per workbook. Save a sheet with the
formatting you want (incl font, format, print layout, margins etc) and save
it as a template (xlt) called sheet.xlt in your XLStart folder. You can do
the same with a workbook and save that as a template called book.xlt in the
same folder.

--
Andy.

"jluckhoff >" <<jluckhoff.1agvp5@excelforum-nospam.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to cascade formatting in an xls?
>
> I.e I have a xls with one sheet in it, for each new sheet added I would
> like it to have the formatting etc of the first sheet.
>
> Is this possible?
>
> Thanks,

> ---

Andy
8/4/2004 2:26:47 PM
Thanks Andy,

Unfortunately I need to roll this out to a lot of users and I don
think I'd be very well liked if I were to permanently format all thei
exce sheets.

Would building a macro that can past the format from sheet to sheet b
a practical solution?

Then I can just add a button to the first sheet that says updat
format

Maybe you could just copy the original sheet and clear out the data from that
copy.

Rightclick on the worksheet tab to copy
select move or copy
(check that Copy box at the bottom of the next dialog!)
Tell it where to copy (before sheet ????).

Or you could just ctrl-click and drag it to where you want the copy.

(click and drag will move, ctrl-click and drag will copy.)

"jluckhoff <" wrote:

> Thanks Andy,
>
> Unfortunately I need to roll this out to a lot of users and I dont
> think I'd be very well liked if I were to permanently format all their
> exce sheets.
>
> Would building a macro that can past the format from sheet to sheet be
> a practical solution?
>
> Then I can just add a button to the first sheet that says update
> format.
>
> ---

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com
0
ec35720 (10082)
8/4/2004 11:44:18 PM
???

"LynnR" <LynnR@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
:
:
: "Dave Peterson" wrote:
:
: > Maybe you could just copy the original sheet and clear out the data from
that
: > copy.
: >
: > Rightclick on the worksheet tab to copy
: > select move or copy
: > (check that Copy box at the bottom of the next dialog!)
: > Tell it where to copy (before sheet ????).
: >
: > Or you could just ctrl-click and drag it to where you want the copy.
: >
: > (click and drag will move, ctrl-click and drag will copy.)
: >
: > "jluckhoff <" wrote:
: > >
: > > Thanks Andy,
: > >
: > > Unfortunately I need to roll this out to a lot of users and I dont
: > > think I'd be very well liked if I were to permanently format all their
: > > exce sheets.
: > >
: > > Would building a macro that can past the format from sheet to sheet be
: > > a practical solution?
: > >
: > > Then I can just add a button to the first sheet that says update
: > > format.
: > >
: > > ---
: > > Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com/
: >
: > --
: >
: > Dave Peterson
: > ec35720@msn.com
: >

0
nospam202 (664)
9/2/2004 9:17:45 PM
If all the sheets are laid out similarly,
just edit|move or copy sheets...
check that copy box
and copy to a new location.

then use that new copy as your starting point.

--

Dave Peterson
ec35720@msn.com

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

Property sheets and toolbar
I have a property sheet with 3 pages. One of the pages is "Notes". I would like to have a toolbar that shows buttons like bold, italics etc. but only on this 3 page and I would like to have them inside the tabbed page not at the top of the dialog box. I know that I can use regular buttons for this but is it possible to do a toolbar or should I use a dialogbar and how do I position it so that it shows in the tabbed page. I found the answer. I can use the CToolBarCtrl. "William Gower" <w_gower@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:OQbm12NkDHA.1004@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx...

print different pictures on the same sheet using Picture Manager
Is it possible to select two or more different pictures & have them printed on the same sheet using Picture Manager? Picture Manager doesn't print pictures, that printing is actually done by the Windows Printing Wizard (also used by Windows Picture and Fax Viewer). It does allow multiple pictures per sheet. Thalia Mighty-B wrote: > Is it possible to select two or more different pictures & have them printed > on the same sheet using Picture Manager? ...

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Sheet printing order
HELP. When I try to print my work book... the sheets do not print in order. How do I set sheet printing order? how are you printing your workbook Are you selecting the tabs by holding control? shift In my experience it prints them from left to right of the selected tabs. You might try rearranging the tabs so they'll print in the order you like. Otherwise I'd give us the attachment to figure it out Dave My tabs are already in the order I want... but it is not printing in that order If I try to re-arange by ctrl + shift this just makes a copy of that sheet ----- dave wrot...

Format Smartlist field

Enforce format

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...

Formatting / Formula
Hi, Not sure if I need conditional formatting or a formula for the following: If I put a date into a spreadsheet I'd like it to change colour after a set number of days to warn me that it's now time expired. ie 01 Dec should turn RED after 90 days to show that time's up! Any help will be gratefully received Telford Tom 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional ...

Issue creating charts in excel sheet
Hi, I had written a vb code to create multiple charts in a single Excel sheet. The issue which I face is that in a single sheet the charts are getting formed ( 9 charts in a single sheet) but all the charts appear exactly one above the other. (t seems like only one chart is generated) I am not able to position them such that they are placed evenly. Please find the code used to add charts to a sheet The below code was placed in a loop to produce 9 charts in the sheet 'Sheet12" With xlwCust.Charts.Add .SetSourceData Source:=xlsCust.Range("A1:" & strCellRe...

Conditional Format if cell value is odd
Hi all, Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks a bunch, Michele Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject. =ISODD(A1) Tyro "mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message news:c6bc0e02-00c7-4d33-b85b-0c8ce728d3b9@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks a bunch, > > Michele If the cell value you want to check is A1, then: formula is =3Dmod(A1,2) =3D 0 hope that helps Carlo On Feb 12, 10:05=A0am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote: >...