Formatting and Macro Problem

I have an Excel File with ~7000 unique account numbers.  My problem is I
am trying to summarize the data in a separate worksheet and deliver to
Senior Management and it needs to be formatted as I have indicated in
the attached spreadsheet.  I was trying to write a Macro that would do
this for me, but am having no luck.  For each account number found, I
would need to create a table and fill the information into the
appropriate columns.  Once the information has been populated, the
Macro would move to the next account and repeat the entire process thus
creating another table and so on.

The second problem I am running into is each account may have more than
one purchase in the same fund name (i.e. Suzanne Mullens has three
trades in the Oppenheimer Limited Term Gov�t).  If there is more than
one trade in the same fund, all trades must be summarized in the same
row.  In addition, Share Quantity and Gross Amounts must be totaled.
For example Total Share Quantity is 700.022; Gross Amount is $7,095.85.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

|Filename: Mail-File-Extract.zip                                    |
|Download: http://www.excelforum.com/attachment.php?postid=3892     |

maacmaac
maacmaac's Profile: http://www.excelforum.com/member.php?action=getinfo&userid=2959
View this thread: http://www.excelforum.com/showthread.php?threadid=474179

outlook problem (information store could not be opened)
I cannot start my outlook program. It says that the information store could not be opened. Is there a way to fix this problem. I really need to go in and look at my recent e-mails also. Thanks. Sheldon What version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sheldon asked: | I cannot start my outlook program. It says that the | information store could n...

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

Macro-enable Workbook 03-30-10
In Excel 2007, I saved my workbook as 'Macro-enabled Workbook' file type. The icon that appears for this file then will be the normal Excel icon plus the 'exclamation mark' sign in yellow on top of it. Is this normal? Any problem for other people to open this file on their computer? I appreciate your kind advice. Thanks. Salza The exclamation mark is normal.............alerts user to filetype. Opening on another computer will depend upon their security settings. These can be accessed through Button>Excel Options>Trust Center. Gord Dibben MS Exc...

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Macro to open another workbook
The following macro opens another workbook and makes it active. Workbooks.Open Filename:= _ "C:\Program Files\Estimating\Shipment Requisition Form.xls" Windows("Estimating.xls").Activate What should I add to check if it is already open, and if so, just mak it active. i.e do not try to reopen it. Thank -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com This is one I use from a double click event to open/activate from a typed name in a cell. Sub GetWorkbook() If ActiveCell.Value = "" Then Exit Sub workbookname = ActiveCell.Value On Error GoTo OpenWorkbook Windo...

Delete Macro
I recently imported a Macro to my spreadsheet however I have deleted it from the list as I no longer need it. Nonetheless, when I reopen my spreadsheet file, I still get a warning message saying that the file contains Macros. I have gone to Tools>Macros>Macro and there are none listed. How can I solve this so that the message doesn't appear each time the spreadsheet is opened? Neil, You also have to remove the modules on which the macros were stored have a look here for details http://www.contextures.com/xlfaqMac.html#NoMacros -- Paul B Always backup your data before tryi...

Writing Search Macros
I have tried to submit questions before, and did get much help. I am going to try this another way. I am a supervise approx 15 to 20 techs, and on a daily basis I get data emailed to me on a excel spreadsheet. This spreadsheet contains data for the whole department ( 150 + techs). I want to design a macro that will only search for my list of agents along with there stats, and place it on another worksheet. Is this possible if so how. I am not familar with VB scripts or macros. Any sites or tutorials will be helpful. Look in the vba help index for FINDNEXT. There is a good example. -...

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How to format the value in a cell?

Problems with HTML-import
When I import data from an HTML-file the values is not=20 numeric but text. It is shown with a little green sign=20 upper left i a cell. Has anyone a suggestion why this is happening cause I=20 di=B4n=B4t have the problem in Office 97? Are you concerned with the little green sign? If yes, it's excel 2002's way of showing you that something appears wrong. If you select the cell, you'll see a little "caution" icon near your cell. Click on it and you'll see what excel is warning you about. xl will even give you a chance to convert the text number to number number. ...

Posting setup
Our client has noticed some flaws in the Posting Setup window. When you choose the series (eg. Purchasing) and Origin All, it always defaults to certain fields. For example, the Posting Date From is always defaulted to Batch. If you have selected Transactions for all the purchasing windows, and then you exit this window by clicking on OK, it actually overwrites all the windows so that they are all using Posting Date From Batch instead of Transaction. This raises concerns with our client and they believe that it needs to be improved. This has caused problems several times and they ha...

Problem deploying a cube with a caculated member
I posted this question in the OLAP group a few days ago and have gotten no response, so I thought I'd try here. I apologize for the repeated post and if this is not the appropriate group for this question. I'm using SQL Server 2005. I used BIDS to create a cube with several measures (one measure group), and I'm trying to add a calculated member using 2 of the measures. Without the calculated member, the cube deploys successfully. I can create the calculated member and the cube builds with no errors, but when I try to deploy the cube I get the MdxScript error messag...

Stop macro if cell selected
Hi, First time & new to excel macros. I have a macro which copies data & inserts it into a viewable summary sheet which can be printed. The range is 6 cells & if cell k7 is selected I want to stop the macro. I have attempted to use IF command with Then End but it ignores it. Here is my macro: ' refence point to start pasting sequence Sheets("Alfa data").Select Range("C225").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Sheets("Sheet4").Select Range("c7").Select Selection.End(xlToRight).Select Acti...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...