Formatting #6

When I open Excel 97 a box pops up that says that it is
not fomatted for Excel 97 and asks if I want to convert
the file. The problem is, there is no files open in Excel
when this happens, just Excel itself. What do I do?

Christine
0
anonymous (74721)

Maybe you have a hidden file open.  Check under Window>Unhide.

Also check your XLSTART directory to see if any files are in there.

Good Luck,
Mark Graesser
mark_graesser@yahoo.com

     ----- Christine wrote: -----

     When I open Excel 97 a box pops up that says that it is
     not fomatted for Excel 97 and asks if I want to convert
     the file. The problem is, there is no files open in Excel
     when this happens, just Excel itself. What do I do?

     Christine

0
anonymous (74721)

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

Negative number formatting

2 = 6
I have a problem unique to Excel 9.0. When I type my "2" key, in any cell, I get a "6". $2.11 will yeild the value $6.11 in the cell, 9.2 yeilds the value 9.6 and so on. However when I type "27", for example, I get "27" in my celll, "02", then Excel gives me a "2", 9.23=9.23. Is this a bug or is it possible that I've toggled a particular setting on? Tools / Autocorrect - Search for the 6 and delete it. Then look round and see who is laughing (The guilty party) and plan your revenge. :-) -- Regards Ken...........

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

computer marks shape above no. 6
How do you get rid of those marks that people sent you on jokes? There free utilities such as the one below that does this for you http://www.dsoft.com.tr/stripmail/ <Harribine@nc.rr.com> wrote in message news:UcDAe.56287$_a.1074560@twister.southeast.rr.com... > How do you get rid of those marks that people sent you on jokes? > Where is your answer from the vkb. Or you are BS --=20 Peter Please Reply to Newsgroup for the benefit of others Requests for assistance by email can not and will not be acknowledged. "Can-So" <do-not-reply@this-fake-email.org> ...

How to format the value in a cell?

Remove formatting from SSN
I exported some data from an Access database. The Social Security Numbers are in this format: 123-45-6789. I would like to change them all to 123456789. I've tried creating a Custom Format and formatting the cells, but nothing changed. Tried setting the format of a new column, then cutting and pasting or Paste Special into the new cells, but it keeps the old formatting. Is there an answer? Try this in a "helper" column: =TEXT(A1,"000000000") To retain your leading zeroes. -- HTH, RD ============================================== Please keep all corres...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...

Sheets lose formats
I have a file that I created by upgrading from Excel 2003. In 2007 the file saves fine. I had a user complain he didn't have Excel 2007 so I saved as a ..xls file and now everytime I reopen the file all my formating on every sheet is gone. If I reapply the formatting and then save as a .xlsm file, all the formatting stays in the file. Ideas? ...

Vertias 8.6 Exchange 2000 unable to restore public folders
Anyone has any ideas or links that will point me in the right direction on the correct way to restore a Public Folder in Exchange 2000 I'm using Veritas 8.6 Backup for Exchange. ...

Change HTML Format to Plain Text Format
We would like to change 500 Outlook XP and 2003 clients to use Plain Text for emails rather than Rich Text or HTML. Is there a registery key I can modify, save and email out to all clients to automatically change the settings If you have any suggestions please let me know Thank Kevin ...

Formatting / Formula
Hi, Not sure if I need conditional formatting or a formula for the following: If I put a date into a spreadsheet I'd like it to change colour after a set number of days to warn me that it's now time expired. ie 01 Dec should turn RED after 90 days to show that time's up! Any help will be gratefully received Telford Tom 1. Select the cell/Range (say A1:A10). Please note that the cell reference A1 mentioned in the formula is the active cell in the selection. Active cell will have a white background even after selection 2. From menu Format>Conditional ...

Conditional Format if cell value is odd
Hi all, Does anyone know how to do this? Thanks a bunch, Michele Please state your question in the body of the message, not in the subject. =ISODD(A1) Tyro "mjones" <michele@quality-computing.com> wrote in message news:c6bc0e02-00c7-4d33-b85b-0c8ce728d3b9@l16g2000hsh.googlegroups.com... > Hi all, > > Does anyone know how to do this? > > Thanks a bunch, > > Michele If the cell value you want to check is A1, then: formula is =3Dmod(A1,2) =3D 0 hope that helps Carlo On Feb 12, 10:05=A0am, mjones <mich...@quality-computing.com> wrote: >...

game 6 is on Winds Day on NBC at 19:00 Chicago Time!
Just fyi! Game 6 is not on at 7:18 Pacific Standard Time or at 11:57 Eastern Standard Time. Just FYI. "Kevin John Panzke" <kevin.panzke@gmail.com> wrote in message news:d14022f2-0c0b-4e05-b61f-e4da0160ee48@z8g2000yqz.googlegroups.com... > Just fyi! ...