Format the Cell into a telephone number but using country code

Hello i wonder if anyone knows how to do this i do hope so

How do i change a Telephone number in a cell to have the +44 country code in
first

IE 01753 525681 change this with a format to +1753 525681 so basiclly just
dropping the first 0. if i replace 0 with +44 then all the 0 will be replaced
on the whole list of numbers

if i start the cell +44 it starts a formula

does anyone know how to do this

Please help !!

0
Quinn (9)

Precede the entry with an apostrophe when you enter it and the plus sign will
not try to convert to a formula. For the values already enterd I assume they
are seen as text if you have a space and a leading zero without any
formatting, for those you can use a help formula that replaces the first
character with a plus

=SUBSTITUTE(A1,LEFT(A1),"+")

Regards,

Peo Sjoblom

"Chris Quinn" wrote:

> Hello i wonder if anyone knows how to do this i do hope so
>
> How do i change a Telephone number in a cell to have the +44 country code in
> first
>
> IE 01753 525681 change this with a format to +1753 525681 so basiclly just
> dropping the first 0. if i replace 0 with +44 then all the 0 will be replaced
> on the whole list of numbers
>
> if i start the cell +44 it starts a formula
>
> does anyone know how to do this
>
> Please help !!

0
PeoSjoblom (789)

negative number format

How to convert #N/A to 0 using Match?
Hi - - Here is my formula. What changes do I need to make to return a "0" instead of "#N/A"? =INDEX('Oct 09 Discrepancy'!$A$1:$C$875, MATCH("0120 Count",'Oct 09 Discrepancy'!$A$1:$A$875,), MATCH("Counts",'Oct 09 Discrepancy'!$A$1:$C$1,)) Try testing your formula with ISNA() =IF(ISNA(your_formula), 0, your_formula) If you are using Excel 2007 try =IFERROR(your_formula,0) best wishes -- Bernard Liengme Microsoft Excel MVP http://people.stfx.ca/bliengme "Wildwood" <Wildwood@discussions.micro...

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

freezing formatting

How To Prepare An Access Database For Shared Use?
Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to share this form? Do I have to first prepare the database in some manner to be shared? Are Access databases exclusive by default? "David Portwood" <Mondrogan@comcast.net> wrote in message news:4622d703$0$9953$4c368faf@roadrunner.com... > Right out of the box (immediately after Access installation) if I create a > table and form for data entry will multiple data entry people be able to > share this form? Do I have to fir...

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Using Offset
if i have A1 through A5 containing 5,8,8,3,2 and add a new value each day going straight down like A6 = 7 for tomorrow, if i want cell B1 to return the value of the last cell in column A, how can i get OFFSET to find the last value entered in column A? Scott You can do it without using OFFSET if you wish. If values are numeric per your example......... =MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) returns row number of last numeric cell in column A =ADDRESS(MATCH(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A),1) returns address of last numeric cell in column A =LOOKUP(9.99999999999999E+307,A:A) returns the last valu...

Conditional Formating Help

Custom patterns for cell shading
Hello, Is there a way to add 'custom patterns' to the cell shading option? I was hoping for a nice 'arrow pattern' for the conditional formatting. (I'm doing a presentation of traffic flow, and for flow north or south [ie if Northbound > Southbound, flow is northbound], I would like to graphically show the flow.) Any assistance or ideas would be greatly appreciated. I'm currently using windings arrows, but a form of pattern / conditional formatting would be awesome. Jools -- World of Warcraft *isn't* work? ...

named cells. need a 101
I've been building a 'what if' sheet that pulls in this and that from other sheets. All the sheets have named cells, as does the what if' sheet itself. I want to copy/replicate this sheet multiple times in the wb to allow for multiple and concurrent what if setups. I am worried about named resources (cells) and what's going to happen when I attempt this. I will experiment, but I'm worried about something getting picked up in the wrong place. Is there a good 101 out there that discusses the use of names and what to expect? Thank you. There was an earli...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Operation failed using contacts in mass email
Hello, When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting operation failed in Outlook 2000. Any help is appreciated. .. How many contacts are you trying to send to ? Might be the ISP limiting you. Are these a list or direct emails ? -- Tedd Riggs PDA Square Content Developer www.pdasquare.com "acaa" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:182d01c3dfb2$f7d65f20$a601280a@phx.gbl... > Hello, > When sending a mass email from contacts I am getting > operation failed in Outlook 2000. > Any help is appreciated. > . > > Actually I a...

When copying from "date" cell to "general" cell, how to keep date.
An Excel question for you: when I try to copy data from a "date" formatted cell over to a concatenate formula in a "general" formatted field, it transfers the data over as the boolean value. This is causing endless headaches because I am trying to upload the information into our financial software. Do you know a solution for this? I think you mean the date comes over as the serial value. If not, this may not be right. In the concatenate function, embed the Text function. ex: A1 has 5/16/2004, B1 has "TEST" in it. C1 formula would be =concatenate (TEX...

How to format the value in a cell?

Stop macro if cell selected
Hi, First time & new to excel macros. I have a macro which copies data & inserts it into a viewable summary sheet which can be printed. The range is 6 cells & if cell k7 is selected I want to stop the macro. I have attempted to use IF command with Then End but it ignores it. Here is my macro: ' refence point to start pasting sequence Sheets("Alfa data").Select Range("C225").Select Application.CutCopyMode = False Selection.Copy Sheets("Sheet4").Select Range("c7").Select Selection.End(xlToRight).Select Acti...

Formatting numbers
Pub2002/XP - how to format numbers in a table - I want it to automatically space for thousands etc and align the numbers correctly ie. 1 650 243 500 etc You will have to do it manually, or copy and paste it from a spreadsheet. -- See if Courier font will do it. Most other fonts do proportional spacing i.e. the letter m is wider than an l. In Courier (maybe teletype, typewriter and a few other fonts) use the same width of space and thus will line up columns from row to row. -- Don Vancouver, USA, a great city in one of the 45+ countries in America! "simonh" <si...