format numbers with no decimals Excel 2003

I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format
cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just
upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this.
0
decimals (1)

Hi
just use a format such as
0

"3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote:

> I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format
> cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just
> upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this.
0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/17/2004 2:50:03 PM
The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145.

"Frank Kabel" wrote:

> Hi
> just use a format such as
> 0
>
> "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote:
>
> > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format
> > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just
> > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this.
0
Exc (1)
11/17/2004 2:59:10 PM
Hi
what value have you entered in the cell and what is the expected result for
this cell

"RE: format  numbers with no decimals Exc" wrote:

> The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145.
>
> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > just use a format such as
> > 0
> >
> > "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote:
> >
> > > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format
> > > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just
> > > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this.
0
frank.kabel (11126)
11/17/2004 4:09:03 PM
I've put in the number 145 and it shows up as 1.45. I then go to format,
cell, general and it shows 1.45 in hte sample part. If I go to number and set
to 0 decimcal. and the number goes to a 1. If I go to special and put in 000
the number still shows a 1.

"RE: format  numbers with no decimals Exc" wrote:

> The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145.
>
> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>
> > Hi
> > just use a format such as
> > 0
> >
> > "3 digit nubmers with no decimals" wrote:
> >
> > > I need to display invoice number eg: 145 but i can't seem to get the format
> > > cells to work. It keeps rounding it off to a 1 or displays as 1.45. i just
> > > upgraded to Excel 2003 my older verison woudl let me do this.
The problem is that the number isn't 145 (one hundred forty five) but 1.45, as
you see in the format dialog box.

Do you have Fixed Decimal turned on (Tools/Options/Edit)? If this is turned on
and set to 2 decimal places, when you type 145, Excel divides by 100 and puts
the number 1.45 in the cell. If this is the problem, turn this setting off.

But if I have a cell that contains the value 1.45, and I set the custom number
format 000, I see 001, not 1. So you seem to have a problem here, too.

On Wed, 17 Nov 2004 09:49:08 -0800, "RE: format  numbers with no decimals Exc"
<REformatnumberswithnodecimalsExc@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I've put in the number 145 and it shows up as 1.45. I then go to format,
>cell, general and it shows 1.45 in hte sample part. If I go to number and set
>to 0 decimcal. and the number goes to a 1. If I go to special and put in 000
>the number still shows a 1.
>
>"RE: format  numbers with no decimals Exc" wrote:
>
>> The "0" will not work. it dispalys as a 1 not 145.
>>
>> "Frank Kabel" wrote:
>>
>> > Hi
>> > just use a format such as
>> > 0

0
anonymous (74722)

Format Cells Date (or any change) not working on imported data
Hello, I've just spent ages researching this and not come up with what I need to be able to do. I have a worksheet for some simple data that has been imported, a date, text and number column (as they display graphically to the end user). All are a "general" format when using Format > Cells. The issue I have is that the date information is in an American date format and I would like to change them into a UK date format. Format > Cells and selecting any option (including custom and special) makes no changes to the imported data. I have seen the work arounds whereby you sp...

Emailing in excel 2003 02-26-10

Opening a new instance of Excel

Frontpage 2003 or Publisher 2003 ?
Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info appreciated. Hi Cracker Jacks (cjacks<nospamz)@verizon.net), in the newsgroups you posted: || Which one should I use? I am not familiar with Publisher. I am || familiar with FrontPage. What kind of support is needed on the || server side for a web ? cgi? etc. Any info or a link to some info || appreciated. I recommend FrontPage 2003. FrontPage 2003 doesn't REQUIRE FrontPage Server extensions,...

EXCEL TROUBLESHOOTING #2

Customising page numbers
Hi, In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I want to start the page number from 5 in Excel. Kindly help. - Krisunela Hi goto 'File - Pagesetup'. In the first tab is a textbox to enter your starting page (think this was introduced with Excel 2000) -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany Krisun wrote: > Hi, > In MS Word, we can introduce the page numbers in header/footer and > customize the starting page number from 2 or 3 ... instead of 1. I > want to start the page number fro...

Excel Edit F2 button changed for Mac???

Copying conditional formating
Question: I want every cell in row 2 to have red background if its value is different than the corresponding cell in row 1. I can do this to cell A2 if in the conditional formatting field I say =A2<>A1 but when I copy the formatting (using the brush), the condition continues to be A2<>A1 and not B2<>B1 for cell B and so forth. How do I copy the conditional formatting adjusting the references like the copy cells command do? Thanks. 1) Select all relevant cells in row 2. 2) Choose "Conditional Formating" > by Formula > type: =A2<>A1 > dec...

Outlook 2003

Countif formula between numbers
I'm have a bad day and can't figure this simple question out. I want Excel to count a column of numbers and show the the total cells with values between 100 and 125. The formula I have thus far is '=countif(H5:H125,">=125<=100") why is this not working??? This has been asked about a dozen times today. Homework assingment? =sumproduct((rngA>100)*(rngA<200)). modify to suit -- Don Guillett SalesAid Software donaldb@281.com "dandigger" <dandigger@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:1D44A5E6-ECAB-441D-B9D8-409D23D0369E@microsof...

Excel Crash

Outlook 2003 Contact data

Excel to check for regular expression?
Hi, How do you use Regular expression in excel? For eg: Check a column of data to see whether are all of them valid email addresses? Please advise THanks By valid, do you mean that the email is in proper syntax or that it is an actual email address. Text formulas can be used for proper syntax. Perhaps a Visual Basic proceedure. I doubt you can check that the email address actually exists, as many companies and ISPs will simply disregard and drop mail to invalid email addresses to eliminate spam "user" wrote: > Hi, > > How do you use Regular expression ...

Does anyone know where I can download EXCEL.MSI?
I am missing my Excel 2002 CD, and can't install Office Update Service Pack 3 without this file. ...

Excel ignores boot-time regional settings when interpreting a date
I have a third party DDE app that exports dates as strings, correctly using the short date format in the regional and language settings, which, in my case is MM/DD/YYYY (reset at every boot). Unfortunately excel insists in interpreting that date as DD/MM/YYYY [Application.International(xlDateOrder)=1, it should be 0], disregarding my regional settings. The result is that all the dates are wrong or #VALUES! If this is not wierd enough, listen to this: it only happens after I reboot (when the date format is reset to MM/DD/YYYY). If subsequently I change the short date format in the regional se...

connect a form to excel database
I have a database in excel which lists our stock and prices etc. I would like to be able to enter a stock number on an invoice that will retrieve the details and price from my excel database. Can this be done? Excel has built in option--try data|form. If that doesn't quite work, but it's close, John Walkenbach has an enhanced dataform at: http://j-walk.com/ss/dataform/index.htm And if you want to design your own, Debra Dalgleish has a get started with userforms: http://contextures.com/xlUserForm01.html Kathy wrote: > > I have a database in excel which lists our stock and p...

Phone # Format
Can somebody help me with applying a format to the phone field. the default format seems to be ######### and I am looking to use (###) ###-#### Thanks in advance Dennis, I think it isn't possible at the moment. You could use the sdk and try to use postcallouts which call a webservice which puts the data in a special format and sends it back. Steffen "Dennis" <dennis_ess@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:uFrmFMGNEHA.3400@TK2MSFTNGP09.phx.gbl... > Can somebody help me with applying a format to the phone field. the default > format seems to be ######### and...

Excel Cells Contents to HTML Pages