Format Date Filter Problem

I formatted a date from 4/20/2010 to April-10 I still have a hard time
filtering
my data.

Eventhough it says April-10 it is still reading the day because the original
date had the day in it. So it is filtering the days seperatly. If I have
two dates: 4/19/2010 in row 1 and 4/20/2010 in row 2, I want to change their
format to MM-YY so I would only count 1 but it is currently counting the two
dates seperatly in my pivot table. Please help me....

On Tue, 20 Apr 2010 06:17:01 -0700, Stross002
<Stross002@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>I formatted a date from 4/20/2010 to April-10 I still have a hard time
>filtering
>my data.
>
>Eventhough it says April-10 it is still reading the day because the original
>date had the day in it. So it is filtering the days seperatly. If I have
>two dates: 4/19/2010 in row 1 and 4/20/2010 in row 2, I want to change their
>format to MM-YY so I would only count 1 but it is currently counting the two
>dates seperatly in my pivot table. Please help me....

The filter acts on the contents of the cell.  Formatting changes how those
contents is displayed, but it does not change the contents.

If you want to set up a Filter that will act on April 2010, one way would be to
use a "helper column".  In that column insert some formula which will convert
all of the April 2010 entries to be the same; then filter on that column.

For example, assuming data starts in A1, and your "helper column" is G:

g1:	=date(year(a1),month(a1),1)

Then fill down as far as required.

When you select the filter, select it in Column G; and filter on 04/01/2010
--ron
0
Ron

How to Change Language of Dates in Outlook Express
I work on the Occupied West Bank, but for some reason my computer thinks it's in South Africa and uses Afrikaans for the outgoing date in OE. I would like to change the language of OE to English, but I can't figure out how. The Help says to get a language encoding download from the Explorer homepage under international, but I can't find it. In any case, that doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, since all I am asking for is Microsoft's native language. I am just a regular user, so please be as clear as possible if you have any ideas. Thanks much, Katherine F...

outlook problem (information store could not be opened)
I cannot start my outlook program. It says that the information store could not be opened. Is there a way to fix this problem. I really need to go in and look at my recent e-mails also. Thanks. Sheldon What version? --� Milly Staples [MVP - Outlook] Post all replies to the group to keep the discussion intact. Due to the (insert latest virus name here) virus, all mail sent to my personal account will be deleted without reading. After searching google.groups.com and finding no answer, Sheldon asked: | I cannot start my outlook program. It says that the | information store could n...

negative number format

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

Count Dates?
I have a range A1:A1500 where the cells have the custom date format of dd.mm.yy However, some cells contain text. I need a formula to COUNT the number of cells that contain dd.mm.yy dates. I was going to try an array SUM(IF(...1,0) which tested for LEN of 8 (the no. of characters in the date fields). But some of the text entries could also contain 8 characters. Can anyone advise how I can count the dates? Many thanks,.....Jason try =SUMPRODUCT((ISNUMBER(H2:H22))*1) -- Don Guillett Microsoft MVP Excel SalesAid Software dguillett1@austin.rr.com "Jay" <spam@dummyaddress.sp...

freezing formatting

How to list dates in a month of particular weekday
MY question is simple, sorry if i'm being stupid. Can anyone tell me how can i make a list which contains only dates of all the Fridays in a particular month? In a more advanced sense, can I create a list with all the Fridays AND Saturdays of a month? You didn't post a lot of detail about your setup. Assuming the month number is in A1 and your list of Fridays and Saturdays is to be listed in Column B starting at B1, put these formulas in the indicated cells... B1: =DATE(YEAR(NOW()),$A$1,8)-WEEKDAY(DATE(YEAR(NOW()),$A$1,2)) B2: =DATE(YEAR(NOW()),$A$1,8)-WEEKDAY(...

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

Exchange 5.5
Hi We have an old NT box running exchange 5.5. I am trying to mov mailboxes to a new server running Windows 2000 with exchange 5.5. Bot servers are in the same site. I start the move as usual (hi-light mailbox, tools - move mailbox). enter the destination server (Windows 2000 server) and click ok. Th move mailbox progress box appears with the message "Opening th information store that belongs to username". The progress indicato moves from 0% to 1%m then stops. The mailbox I am moving is empty. have left the process to run for a couple of hours to no avail. When check ...

Date calculation in a Query
I have this expression in a form and it works perfect DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) But, where should I write it in a query? The query should show all the items that shoul be removed from the list on the calculated date, and update the "removed from the list" the field from there. Thanks Ioia Add the expression as a calculated field in the query Field: Removal: DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) Criteria: = #2009-11-27# Then you can apply criteria against the calculated field. Another option would be...

When copying from "date" cell to "general" cell, how to keep date.
An Excel question for you: when I try to copy data from a "date" formatted cell over to a concatenate formula in a "general" formatted field, it transfers the data over as the boolean value. This is causing endless headaches because I am trying to upload the information into our financial software. Do you know a solution for this? I think you mean the date comes over as the serial value. If not, this may not be right. In the concatenate function, embed the Text function. ex: A1 has 5/16/2004, B1 has "TEST" in it. C1 formula would be =concatenate (TEX...

How to format the value in a cell?

Problems with HTML-import
When I import data from an HTML-file the values is not=20 numeric but text. It is shown with a little green sign=20 upper left i a cell. Has anyone a suggestion why this is happening cause I=20 di=B4n=B4t have the problem in Office 97? Are you concerned with the little green sign? If yes, it's excel 2002's way of showing you that something appears wrong. If you select the cell, you'll see a little "caution" icon near your cell. Click on it and you'll see what excel is warning you about. xl will even give you a chance to convert the text number to number number. ...

Posting setup
Our client has noticed some flaws in the Posting Setup window. When you choose the series (eg. Purchasing) and Origin All, it always defaults to certain fields. For example, the Posting Date From is always defaulted to Batch. If you have selected Transactions for all the purchasing windows, and then you exit this window by clicking on OK, it actually overwrites all the windows so that they are all using Posting Date From Batch instead of Transaction. This raises concerns with our client and they believe that it needs to be improved. This has caused problems several times and they ha...

Problem deploying a cube with a caculated member
I posted this question in the OLAP group a few days ago and have gotten no response, so I thought I'd try here. I apologize for the repeated post and if this is not the appropriate group for this question. I'm using SQL Server 2005. I used BIDS to create a cube with several measures (one measure group), and I'm trying to add a calculated member using 2 of the measures. Without the calculated member, the cube deploys successfully. I can create the calculated member and the cube builds with no errors, but when I try to deploy the cube I get the MdxScript error messag...