Format all sheets in one Workbook

I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has
offered on the formatting issue in Excel.  If you would like to format
all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and
use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting
from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you
are currently viewing.

I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally
format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from
the file menu.  It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
choose "page setup" under "File"

Make sense?

Hope this helps.

Does this mean that when you group the worksheets together and use 'File' and
'Page Setup' from normal view, it will allow you to change the page set up
options for every page in one go????

Thanks.

Louise

"Joe_bruin" wrote:

> I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has
> offered on the formatting issue in Excel.  If you would like to format
> all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and
> use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting
> from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you
> are currently viewing.
>
> I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally
> format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from
> the file menu.  It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
> which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
> choose "page setup" under "File"
>
> Make sense?
>
> Hope this helps.

0
louise (71)
12/5/2005 3:57:05 PM
Louise

Yes, most setup functions can be done on grouped sheets.

Some of the page setup features will not be available with grouped sheets.

Print Area and Print Titles will be grayed out in grouped sheets the same as
when in Print Preview.

Joe_Bruin is not correct in his last sentence.

>>It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
>> which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
>> choose "page setup" under "File"

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On Mon, 5 Dec 2005 07:57:05 -0800, Louise <Louise@discussions.microsoft.com>
wrote:

>Does this mean that when you group the worksheets together and use 'File' and
>'Page Setup' from normal view, it will allow you to change the page set up
>options for every page in one go????
>
>Thanks.
>
>Louise
>
>"Joe_bruin" wrote:
>
>> I would like to add a little something to all the help everyone has
>> offered on the formatting issue in Excel.  If you would like to format
>> all sheets including (Header, Footer, etc..) you need to make sure and
>> use the "page setup" under "file" menu, because using the formatting
>> from the print preview option will only make changes to the sheet you
>> are currently viewing.
>>
>> I'm guessing but I think MS wanted to make sure you don't accidentally
>> format all sheets thru print preview so they make you choose it from
>> the file menu.  It is the same thing as the repeat columns and rows,
>> which are greyed out under the print preview option, but not when you
>> choose "page setup" under "File"
>>
>> Make sense?
>>
>> Hope this helps.

0
Gord
12/5/2005 5:20:07 PM
Yes Louise, I tried it for the first time today and it worked...  The
key is again highlighting all the worksheets, and using the file/page
setup to make header/footer,etc changes to all worksheets.

And Gord:
I believe I am correct when I say that those options are "greyed" out
when you try and make changes to the "rows to repeat at top" and
"columns to repeat at left" from print preview.  When in Print Preview
the option is greyed out and is only allowed to be changed under
file/page setup.  I may not have said it clearly, but to say I'm
"incorrect", was a bit too much.

In the past, I have always tried to change margins, headers/footers etc. in
group mode using print preview which, as we are all aware, is unavailable.  I
never knew though that you could in fact do that through File and Page SetUp
- you've saved me loads of time!!!  THank you.....

Louise

"Joe_bruin" wrote:

> Yes Louise, I tried it for the first time today and it worked...  The
> key is again highlighting all the worksheets, and using the file/page
> setup to make header/footer,etc changes to all worksheets.
>
> And Gord:
> I believe I am correct when I say that those options are "greyed" out
> when you try and make changes to the "rows to repeat at top" and
> "columns to repeat at left" from print preview.  When in Print Preview
> the option is greyed out and is only allowed to be changed under
> file/page setup.  I may not have said it clearly, but to say I'm
> "incorrect", was a bit too much.

0
louise (71)
12/6/2005 8:58:02 AM
Joe

You are correct that these functions are grayed out when in Print Preview.

This is true even when not grouping sheets.

You then stated they were available with grouped sheets through File>Page
Setup.

Those two functions are also grayed out when you have multiple sheets
selected.

That is what I was referring to when I said you were incorrect.

Gord Dibben Excel MVP

On 5 Dec 2005 17:22:21 -0800, "Joe_bruin" <fjmcgrath3@gmail.com> wrote:

>Yes Louise, I tried it for the first time today and it worked...  The
>key is again highlighting all the worksheets, and using the file/page
>setup to make header/footer,etc changes to all worksheets.
>
>And Gord:
>I believe I am correct when I say that those options are "greyed" out
>when you try and make changes to the "rows to repeat at top" and
>"columns to repeat at left" from print preview.  When in Print Preview
>the option is greyed out and is only allowed to be changed under
>file/page setup.  I may not have said it clearly, but to say I'm
>"incorrect", was a bit too much.
0
Gord

two checking accounts data downloads to just one of the accts
I have two checking accounts with our bank and when I download transactions into Microsoft Money for either account, all the transactions go to only one of the accounts set up in Money. I was prompted for the first download to our "main" account. Then when I went to download for the other account, I wasn't prompted where to download to... and all the transactions went into the first account. Did that make sense? My bank required we switch to Money from Quicken, so I am new to this. Tried to search in users guide and online for help. Help would be much appreciated - ...

convert PDF to other vector file format?
Is there any free conversion tool to convert a PDF file into a vector-based file format that can be imported and displayed in publisher? Is there any reason a tool like that has not or cannot be made? I wanted to ask why publisher cannot import PDF format directly but that may be asking too much. The images and text can be extracted from pdf files with another program. Would that do it? -- Don Vancouver, USA "peter" <nospam@nospam.com> wrote in message news:unygw1$9EHA.2016@TK2MSFTNGP15.phx.gbl... > Is there any free conversion tool to convert a PDF file into a v...

Migrating Mailboxes from one domain to another domain
I am having a hard time trying to figure out how to do something and was wondering if anyone could point me in the right direction. I need to migrate user mailboxes from one server to another, easy enough right... well here is where my issues are. server one is in say abc.local domain server two is in say xyz.local domain there are the same users in both domains, with the same naming convention. so to clear that up if i have a user called ttest in domain abc, user ttest is also in xyz. the old administration had seperated these domains due to function and security, but now they want to...

Saving Formatting in Pivot Tables
When I changed formatting in a pivot table, it returns to the default format when I make a change or close the file. Generally, in formats like font size, column width, etc. Is there a way to save/retain format changes in pivot tables? Thank you. right click in the table and go to the bottom to select "table options". It's there. >-----Original Message----- >When I changed formatting in a pivot table, it returns to >the default format when I make a change or close the >file. Generally, in formats like font size, column >width, etc. Is there a way to...

Editing Item Information in a grid format
Does anyone know of clean way, have an add in, or link to Excel or Access, that allows a person to edit item data file in a spreadsheet, or grid style format? You can kind of do it with Access, but you continually get a "The data was added to the database but the data won't be displayed in the form because it doesn't satisfy the criteria in the underlying record source", when you update the line, and then the line disappears. Nathan, I wouldn't recommend changing data outside of RMS, but if you're really determined; http://www.sqlmanager.net/en/products...

Calculation / Format Error
I'm using this formula in cell AE69 =IF(AL69="NO","",AE68*(AM69/100)) When the logic is true I want the cell value to be zero, but show as blank. When this cell is summed up with others, a #VALUE! is returned. I am assuming excel is seeing this cell as text and thus returning an error. I have tried adjusting the formula to: =IF(AL69="NO","0",AE68*(AM69/100)) I have selected the accounting formating for AE69 with the "£" symbol. However, instead of getting the £ symbol to the left and a dash representing z...

M2005 -- one word.... UGGGHHH!!!
I just got the demo... was using M04 small biz. Very disappointed. 1) Runs like a SLOTH in need of a NAP, on my 3.4GHz P4 / 1GB ram. 2) MSN crap littered in every nook and cranny possible. 3) Apparently uses IE engine to "render" all pages so everything has a clunky "web-browsery" feel to it. 4) No "Find" function?? How do I just "Find" a transaction across all accounts??? Hello????? 5) Money Express has gone by the wayside... apparently they want you to use MSN Alerts. Well, I don't have MSN Messenger installed on my machine because I...

Ten calendar harm one of the products
Ten calendar harm one of the products www.laptop-battery-inc.co.uk/spy-pen.htm ...

copy sheet with range names
I'm making 2 copies of an existing worksheet within a workbook. The original sheet has lots of range names. Now, when I make my copies, the range names are screwed up and are referring to the new sheet instead of the original one. What's up with that? I don't see any options related to range names. Deleting and resetting the names would take forever, as would "re-defining". I shouldn't have to do that. Any ideas? -- RMC,CPA I think if you look at your range names, you'll find that xl localized the copies. When it copied the worksheet, it had to do something ...

Date formatting in Excel #2
How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. Hi When no year is typed, excel would assume it is the current year. You would ahve to type the full date (including 2004) for it to display as Oct 2004. Use Format - cells - date and then select the particular format you want from the options there. >-----Original Message----- >How do I format a cell to return Oct 04 when I type 10-4 in Excel...When I >type 10-4, Excel returns Oct 05. >. > ...

How do I lock the Column without Protecting the Sheet
I want to Lock a Column without protecting the sheet. the user can enter anything in other columns but he/she should not alter anything in particular column that i locked Protecting the sheet is - by far - the easiest way, otherwise you must useVBA to capture and deny changes to that column. I think you'd have to be pretty elaborate, too, to trap all potential changes. "sgmoorthy" wrote: > I want to Lock a Column without protecting the sheet. > the user can enter anything in other columns but he/she should not alter > anything > in particular column that i loc...

Sheet protection prompts
All, Ive been building a speadsheet for data collection and have incorporated event macros that format columns, filter and protect/unprotect the worksheet. One of the users is receiving a confirmation prompt each time the macro protects/unprotects the sheet. I however am not being prompted on my pc and have been unable to replicate this. Has anyone come across this before and could you please advise how it can be overcome. Would appreciate any assistance you can provide. Regards, Adrian Not sure why this would happen to one user, unless they have a different version possibly. Could ...

Changing info from one worksheet to the next
Hi all. I have linked my 55 sheets to one which is great. What i need to know now if possible. Each sheet has the same question over 11 columns Each row is dated and a numeric number from 1 - 10 in each row Now on the master sheet where everything is linked, is there a way that If i changed the date on the master sheet it would reflect the answers from the row with that date? At present the answers showing is for 01/03/10, but i would like to look at the totals for 08/03/10 and show the answers from each sheet for that date. I could have a sheet for each week, but im hoping there i...

Change sheet number in formula
Is there a way to do the following. I have a sheet with a formula that reference to another sheet. I need to pull a number from the same cell in every sheet. I want to do a summary of some sheets using the formula... =+'Sheet1'!A1 =+'Sheet2'!A1 Instead of hard coding the sheet number in the above formula, is there a way to reference a sheet number from another cell.?? ie Cell A1 = Sheet1" Cell A2 = "Sheet2" Then have another cell that pulls from A1 =+'CellA1'!A1 Very difficult to explain.... hope that made some sense... Thanks ** Post...

display cell value in msgbox formatted as %
Hi I have been trying to come up with a way to display a cell value in a msgbox so that it formats properly as a percent. I have tried: Productivity = Format(Range("A1").Value, "###,# %") Msgbox Productivity This always gives me a leading 0 (e.g 015%) and I want it to display 15.0%. So I tried this: Productivity = Format(CStr(Range("A1").Value) * 100, "#,###.0") & "%" and it works ok but... I want to use the value of productivity in computations - which I can't formatted as a string ... Am I missing something - or is it as simple...

RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time
RMS should allow you to choose more than one item at a time, this would be helpful in creating PO's. Mutiple item selection is a standard in every software; you really dropped the ball with this one. ---------------- This post is a suggestion for Microsoft, and Microsoft responds to the suggestions with the most votes. To vote for this suggestion, click the "I Agree" button in the message pane. If you do not see the button, follow this link to open the suggestion in the Microsoft Web-based Newsreader and then click "I Agree" in the message pane. http://www.micr...

Viewing 2 worksheets in the same workbook
Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? Thanks Choose Window> New Window Choose Window> Arrange Select Tile (or one of the other options), and check the box 'Windows of active workbook' Click OK In each of the windows, select a different worksheet to view. Ant wrote: > Is there a way of viewing data on two separate worksheets in the same > workbook in a similar way to splitting a single worksheet? -- Debra Dalgleish Excel FAQ, Tips & Book List http://www.contextures....

IIS reset for one user only
Hello, I have one user who can't link appointments from Outlook and also at the same time the user can't create appointments from CRM Web client as well. It will hang outlook and IExplorer. If I check task manager is starts Offlb.exe, meaning outlook is hung. If I reset IIS on crm server, the user is ok, he can create appointments and link them, the web client is ok as well. When this is happening none of the other users who create appointments and linked them to CRM are affected. After a day or so goes by, the same user have same issues. The only thing that fixes it is the II...

Copy/Paste to Match Destination Formatting -- BY DEFAULT
Version: 2008 Operating System: Mac OS X 10.6 (Snow Leopard) Processor: Intel As a long time PC Word user, I have been accustomed to the large amount of preference customization that is available. One CRUCIAL (for me) customization option in PC Word is the ability to set the default action when pasting from one program (the web or Acrobat) to Word. <br><br>By default, both Word 2008 (mac) and Word 2007 (PC) keep the source formatting when pasting between programs. To me that makes no sense, because 9 out of 10 times you don't want your word document to have many differ...

Row Height variations from computer to computer on same workbook
I've been sent a workbook by a colleague and on his workbook, a specific row has a height of 13.8 (23 pixels) and on my machine it is 16.5 (22 pixels). Has anyone seen this before and what do we need to do to ensure that it's consistent from machine to machine? Thanks in advance, Barb Reinhardt Fix found. Display Control Panel -> Settings -> Advanced -> General -> DPI setting to Normal (96 DPI) Barb Reinhardt "Barb Reinhardt" wrote: > I've been sent a workbook by a colleague and on his workbook, a specific row >...

golf league spread sheet
I am trying to set up a spread sheet for my golf league. Here's an example: Member ___ Today's Score __ Net __ Current Handicap John Smith _____75 ________ 70___________5 Bill Smith _____76_________71___________5 Tom Smith _____ 77_________72___________5 John Parks _____72_________66___________8 Bill Parks _____78 ________69 __________ 9 Tom Parks _____80 ________ 73__________ 7 ...... and so on for 180 golfers Now I figured out how to list lowest net scores for todays round int an "A" Flight "B" Flight and a "...

Tracing and tracking email on one mailbox
1. I want to use a current copy of the Exchange 2003 database and scrub it for all emails regarding one mailbox. Is there a tool that will assist me in this? 2. How do I tell Exchange 2003 to notify me of any emails transmitted to and from a particular address? And yes, this in conjunction with #1. I want to track one user's mail without using delegate or adding myself to their Active Directory profile and having to create another profile in Outlook. 1. Have a read through this: http://wm.quest.com/reg/marketing/landing/ediscoveryexchange/. This product is ideally suited for ...

the function FORMAT()
We used to have this function in the previous MS Excel and MS Acess whereby to format a date in a formula like ="today is:"&FORMAT(today(),"ddd/mmmm/yyyy"). apparently this function disappeared?? You can have =TEXT(today(),"ddd/mmmm/yyyy") in a worksheet, or FORMAT(Date,"ddd/mmmm/yyyy") in VBA. -- HTH RP (remove nothere from the email address if mailing direct) "Jonas" <Jonas@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:E2F288C7-A2FB-4B75-A691-D0F03E907CFB@microsoft.com... > We used to have this function in the pr...

Export Data to MS Word Table and Format
Hello Everyone, I've gathered code from other posts and have come up with output to a Word document that is acceptable (thanks to everyone for sharing). I would like know if it is possible to format the table in MS Word. 1) Left justifying the 1st column, and centering the data in columns 2 to 4. 2) Is there a better way of handling the column widths to automatically size to the widest data in the column. 3) Any good resources to help export data to MS Word. Here's what I have so far... Sub Export_Word() Dim oWord As Word.Application Dim oDoc As Word.Documen...

How can I e-mail only one page of an excell spreadsheet? #2
I need to e-mail a one-page spreadsheet, but what gets sent is thousands of blank pages after the data page. I need to make changes on a Front Page edited web site. hi, See this site http://www.rondebruin.nl/sendmail.htm regards Frank >-----Original Message----- >I need to e-mail a one-page spreadsheet, but what gets sent is thousands of >blank pages after the data page. I need to make changes on a Front Page >edited web site. >. > ...