Format a worksheet to carry out all calculations to 2 decimal plac #2

Hi,

Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out
all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)?  The problem
I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an
accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations
up or down while the acounts package does.

I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual
value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate
to 2 decimal places.

Thanks,

Phill.

yes it is possible.
select the whole sheet by clicking the small square in the
upper left corner of the sheet(above the 1 and beside the
A) then format to 2 descimals.

0
anonymous (74722)
1/5/2005 12:34:01 PM
See one answer at your other post.

In article <37696B3B-E3AA-49DE-B118-9D3E195F2B79@microsoft.com>,
 "Phill Barrett" <PhillBarrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out
> all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)?  The problem
> I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an
> accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations
> up or down while the acounts package does.
>
> I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual
> value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate
> to 2 decimal places.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Phill.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
1/5/2005 12:39:38 PM
This won't affect calculations unless you have the Precision as
displayed checkbox in Tools/Options/Calculation checked.

Note that it still won't prevent all rounding errors.

In article <036a01c4f322$d599ca80$a401280a@phx.gbl>,

> yes it is possible.
> select the whole sheet by clicking the small square in the
> upper left corner of the sheet(above the 1 and beside the
> A) then format to 2 descimals.
0
jemcgimpsey (6723)
1/5/2005 12:41:56 PM
Thanks, please see other post as this seems to have got posted three times!

"JE McGimpsey" wrote:

> See one answer at your other post.
>
> In article <37696B3B-E3AA-49DE-B118-9D3E195F2B79@microsoft.com>,
>  "Phill Barrett" <PhillBarrett@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> > Is it possible to format am excel worksheet or whole workbook to carrry out
> > all calculations to 2 decimal places (ie. rounding up and down)?  The problem
> > I have is that I use Excel to track expenses tha are also enetered in an
> > accounting package and get rounding errors as excel doesn't round calulations
> > up or down while the acounts package does.
> >
> > I can get excel to display to two decima places and round an individual
> > value to 2 places, but don't know how to get teh whole worksheet to calculate
> > to 2 decimal places.
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Phill.

negative number format

cannot empty Clipboard #2
Quite often, but not all the time, when I want to drag a cell to a different position, I get the message " cannot empty Clipboard" . Then I have to click on "OK" and everything is fine. This is very annoying and wasting a lot of time. What to do about it ?? Thanks for any help. Wolf [Zscheile] ...

Change date format to European format

Formatting just some rows

HOw do i start outlook? #2
My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? Presumably it worked before? And the version is? You could try a repair using your Office or Outlook cd "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4E1B2630-9B20-444F-BF65-6B7E41638450@microsoft.com... > My outlook doesn't go past the check name screen? what do I do? The Check Name function is part of a Microsoft Exchange account. Are you trying to connect to a Microsoft Exchange server? Or your ISP? Joe "mhabit" <mhabit@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote i...

freezing formatting

TOC Heading style 2
I am working in 2007 from someone else's doc from 2003 word. I will be saving in 97-2003. The styles shown in the home tab start Emphasis - Heading 1 - Normal - Strong (and others). I am trying to insert a TOC using the built in heading styles but I cannot see a Heading 2 or 3. How can I add the other headings to this group - is this a special style group added by the other author? TIA Dottie I opened this doc in 2003 word and was able to add the heading 2 there so I may have my answer for now. I would still like to know what I needed to do in 2007 word to make heading...

Notes on Prpspect not get carried over to the Account
Hello Everyone, When a Prospect is converted to an Account, I discovered the Notes on the Prospect does not get carried over to the Notes on the Account. Is there a way to move the Notes from the Prospect to the Account, I was checking in the relationship to see if there was notes mapping but unfortunately there isn't any field for Notes in the selection. Any ideas are appreciated. Thanks -G ...

Negative number formatting

Enforce format

Format Smartlist field

Conditional Formating Help

Changes to Data on a Worksheet
I have a data entry sheet (Excel 2000) and a "store" sheet. The info on the data entry sheet is saved on a single row in the store sheet. I need to detect whether any changes have been made to the details on the data entry page and currently do this by concatenating every data cell on the data sheet and comparing it to the concatenated cells on the corresponding row in the store. Is there an easier way to detect whether any changes have been made on the data entry page? Thanks for any help. Brian Private Sub Worksheet_Change(ByVal Target As Range) Const WS_RANGE As String = "H...

In which case, realloc returns NULL??? #2
hi pals, My win32 console application has allocated memory of 350MB in Memory usage column and 400MB in Virtual memory column. While reallocating a global variable , getting NULL if the size is too high (say 200MB). What is the maximum memory size that an application can use? What are the scenario, that realloc returns NULL. @ Shahul. "shahul" <shahul@chellasoft.com> wrote in message news:efYasx$UGHA.4608@tk2msftngp13.phx.gbl... > hi pals, > > My win32 console application has allocated memory of 350MB in Memory > usage > column and 400MB in Virtua...

Can't eliminate flicking of chart on every calculate
I am using Excel 2002. I have real time data being charted , and I manually calculate ranges and sheets as needed. This is not a problem. I have recently added charts to plot this data. Every time there is a recalculation anywhere on the sheet (even areas not being charted) the charts flicker. Since there is new data multiple times per second , this is a problem. Yes, I know about Application.DisplayAlerts = False, and tried inserting that before EVERY calculation call. I even went so far as to use the LockWindowUpdate api call, which freezes the entire app. Unfortunatel...

Date calculation in a Query
I have this expression in a form and it works perfect DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) But, where should I write it in a query? The query should show all the items that shoul be removed from the list on the calculated date, and update the "removed from the list" the field from there. Thanks Ioia Add the expression as a calculated field in the query Field: Removal: DateAdd("d",63-Weekday(FirstContact,7),FirstContact) Criteria: = #2009-11-27# Then you can apply criteria against the calculated field. Another option would be...

Select Case Conditional Formatting Sub?

How do I mail merge for postcards in MS Publisher 2 or 4 per page.
Can anyone help? Create a mail merge Step by step instructions http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/assistance/HP052584251033.aspx -- Mary Sauer MSFT MVP http://office.microsoft.com/ http://msauer.mvps.org/ news://msnews.microsoft.com "reechemist" <reechemist@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:D6E75713-F19E-4AA3-81E8-98E0BFD795A5@microsoft.com... > Can anyone help? ...

Canadian Payroll Tax updates #2
Just a heads up...as I donot see it here...or on the KB I just spent 3 hours updating 6 machines..... Which actually only took an hour...then we had to convert our Canadian Payroll files...then...Canadian payroll just disappeared from the users install...although..when logging in as SA it would be available... Seeing I have been running the Canadain Payroll for 5 + years now...and am well used to the "bugs" with the yearend updates....I remember seeing this error after an application version upgrade from 7.0 to 7.5...where no one other then SA could run payroll.....and I spen...

Trouble Printing Checks #2
I'm using Money 2004. I have a list of checks to be printed, but no 'Print Checks' on the left side panel. When I go the 'File' menu to print checks it gives me a "You don't have any accounts with checks to be printed." message. What can I do? David See http://umpmfaq.info/faqdb.php?q=91. "David" wrote: > What can I do? I would run a file repair to see if that will correct the number do indicate the number of checks that have been set to "print". "David" <David@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news...