Form Dropdown Combo Box

My dropdown combo box currently displays one column. What I would lik
to do is have the box dispay column A and B but only extract the I
from B. How would I be able to do this

I'm not sure if I understand the problem correctly, but have you trie
using a CONCATENATE function to join the values in Columns A & B?

Say you have first names in Column A and surnames in Column B. Us
something like =CONCATENATE(A1," ",B1) in Column C for the dropdow
list. You could also use =A1&" "&B1. The apostrophe marks are just t
open a space between A1 and B1.

Hope this helps

Reservation Form
I have an active website for my business. I built it in Frontpage 2002. It no longer will send email through the settings I used ( Reservation form) and I cannot get it to take any of the settings I give it. I do not think that my knowledge is sufisticated enough. And, I don't think that I am entering the information completely enough. I am using a simple form with a single enter button. Can you help? May be possible. -- ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ Rob Giordano Microsoft MVP Expression Web "FrontPage 2002 on windows XP" <FrontPage200...

Changing Dropdown defaults
It is possible to chage the default value of certain dropdown boxes? Specifically, in the advanced find dialog box, I want to change the default from "contacts" to "cases" Thanks Only by making unsupported changes to the system. As Microsoft CRM is based on web technologies you can make changes to the underlying source amongst other things. You can find more by reading the archive of the group at groups.google.com. Any such changes may result in Microsoft not supporting your system so be casreful. However in this case I have not heard of a way to change the default ob...

Auto populate a form form an open form
Hi I have a main form with customer names and addresses and would like to add a control button on this form which opens up another form which is used for recording telephone calls on. What I have been trying to do is auto populate this call log form with information from the main form ie name and address? Any thoughts Thanks Chris Chris, Please don't re-post the same question twice. You have to be patient and wait for a reply. Responders are volunteers, and you may not get an answer right away. Posting twice causes some people to respond to the first post, while others are ...

What is the purpose of 'Dummy' window in the Command forms
I am wondering why GP has Dummy window with title "~internal~" for the Command forms. For example Command_Financial form has Dummy window Do I need to create Dummy window for my Command forms. If so why I need it. Any comments appreciated!!! Hi Mandeep, The Dummy window is there as a placeholder. It really doesn't do anything, but should be there in order for the form to work properly since your form needs to be open for the commands to be available. The title ~internal~ just prevents this window from showing up in the Security assignment windows. Make sure that...

Export mail box
Ecahnge server 2000. Hard drives are full. How do I export mail boxes. Can I use eseutil?? Eseutil is not used to Export mailboxes. It is used to defragment/compact the database, and to repair corrupt message stores. IF you are thinking about trying to use it to decrease the size of your store, then you need to rememeber a couple of things. 1. In order to decrease the size, there must be whitespace. Refer to event 1221 in your App log to see how much whitespace you have. I doubt there is a lot, though. 2. Running eseutil to defragment requires that 110% of the future size of the ...

form pozition on screen
I would like to find form position on screen. It's similar to DoCmd.movesize, but I want discover "parameters' for form position (left corner, top corner, etc) Are you saying that you want to find out what the current position IS? If so, you can use something like this: MyFormLeftVariable = Me.Left MyFormTopVariable = Me.Top MsgBox "My Form is at " & MyFormLeftVariable & VbCrLf & MyFormTopVariable Or however you want to use it. -- Bob Larson Access World Forums Super Moderator Utter Access VIP Tutorials at http://www.btabdevelopment.com ___________...

copy properties Under forms
Hi, I'm wondering if someone can help me with something on copying properties. I've checked the access help but can't find anything there. This is what i want to do. I'm copying text boxes, labels that has caption, name and other information in the properties that i want to keep when i copy the information to another tab on a form. Is there a way i can copy the property information without doing alot of manual work by going into each text or label box. I hope this makes sense. thanks for you help in advance. Keith When you copy a control, everything about the cop...

Cannot open the Insert object (Pdf file) form Excel 2000(9.0.8968 SP-3)
Dear All, I am no idea why I cannot open the embedded object (Pdf file) inside Excel file which using Windows ME. Once clicked the object icons, then it shows the error message likes " the embedded object cannot be opened by the source application" I used the Adobe reader 6.01 as the source application. Actually, I searched the related forum from the Internet. However, I cannot solve the problem. Anyone helps? Thanks tlee Hi, I can't test 2000 in ME, but it works fine in 2003 under XP. -- If this helps, please click the Yes button. Cheers, Shane Devenshire &q...

Form class module for non-existent form
Hi, After copying a form with a class module, something went wrong. I now have a class module for the new form, but the form no longer exists. I am unable to remove the in-limbo class module. I want to use that name for my form, which is not possible as long as that class module is in the way. How do I get rid of the in-limbo class module? I've tried repairing tha DB as well as "msaccess /decompile" but it hasn't helped. Anything else? Thanks, Kjell Kjell, A class module is not part of a form, but a separate module. It sounds like your 'in-limbo' module is...

Setting the Windows Cursor during Form Processing
hiya gurus I would like to force the mouse cursor to immediately become an hourglass when some long processing/quering commences on a form. it appears that it takes some time for Access to show the hourglass and usually only after the user clicks the form a couple of times because there appears to be nothing happening... Is there an easy way to do this from within Access.. I have done it in VB6 using Me.MousePointer = vbHourglass but this does nto work in Access.. any suggestions? cheers Jeff mmmmm Screen.MousePointer = 11 guess this does it? "jeff" <jeff@work...

Position 2nd Form according to 1st Form
I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, I want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top of the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. "AY" <AY@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CFA3A4B5-36D9-4A20-AB57-601290155335@microsoft.com... >I have 2 Forms. When the 1st Form is openned and want I open the 2nd Form, >I > want it to position itself about 15cm form the Left and 20cm from the top > of > the 1st Form. I am using Access 2003, Thanks. You should be able to use Nicole Calinoiu...

Text Boxes moving in document
Publisher text boxes move when a document is opened by another user on our network. How can I stop this? I fear this is a structural problem. See e.g. www.therapietips.nl. It's in Dutch but you will see a text box moving upon opening the browser. (You can check out the tool with which a site is made by looking at the code) In my own site I am working on now I am trying to use one text box and use images of other texts. I am also experimenting with saving Word documents as hypertext The problem I have is that I want a editor with which you can make quick examples of websites. ...

TOURNAMENT FORMS
Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. You may find some old NCAA basketball tournament forms out on the web. Try http://google.com HHSTENNIS wrote: > > Need tournament draw sheet single elimination template. -- Dave Peterson ec35720@msn.com ...

Trying to delete form border, and it deletes all borders
I made a form with several individual areas that have borders. At the end I decided to try a border around the whole form. Now that I don't like it, I was trying to delete the form border, but it deletes all the borders in the form as well. How can I just delete the border around the form and not the rest of the individual borders? I'm actually on a different computer, because of the printing, will I be able to undo my way out of it maybe, or do I have to be on the computer where I made the form. One more question, will the form retain the undo feature for ever, or will it stop ...

How do you make an text box opaque?
I want to use excel spreadsheet and blank out certain parts of a already make form i believe it is called opaque. What do mean by "blank out"? What is it you want to do? HTH Otto "mcnally" <mcnally@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:55729CA5-2247-4433-B73F-0DC151E851A2@microsoft.com... >I want to use excel spreadsheet and blank out certain parts of a already >make > form > i believe it is called opaque. I have a form that I want to put a text box on it and type something over whatever under it. it keeps typing whatever is under i...

Run Macro only if certain form is open
I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form opens? In other words can I run a macro based on wheather a certain form is active? -- Thanks, Chuck Take a look at the RunMacro Method of the DoCmd object. You can have it as part of the OnLoad of the form in question. Chuck wrote: >I have programed a maco to open one of various forms depending on criteria on >an open form. Is there a way to run a "follow up Macro" based on which form >opens? In other w...

Forms and Input Data
I created a report form on Sheet 1 and a set of input data on subsequen Sheets 2, 3, ... link to the report. The report is to show informatio on either of the data I select. Are there simple steps for me to pick either set of data I want t display on the report? I've thought of a pull-down menu so that if select "1", the report will show data set "1", and so on. Yet I don' know how to do it. I tried the "replace" command by highlighting al the cell in the Report sheet then type "2" in place of "1" to replac the data set then hitting...

Modal form opens on startup
Evenin' - I hope this doesn't come across as stupid, but I'm almost completely unfamiliar with Access. A client of mine has an Access 2000 database containing some business information, and he'd like to have me import it into Quickbooks. The problem I have is that I cannot get to the information to export it from Access. When the file is opened, I get a (I presume) modal form, configured as a 'splash screen' type of thing. Has my client's logo, and the name of the fellow who wrote the Access app. Click that, and it closes, then opens another form for...

how to solve "Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application"
Hi, I am trying to make a modalless form in VB6 that is compiled as an ActiveX DLL. When i use VC6 to instance the activex DLL, my problem appears that "406 Non-modal forms cannot be displayed in this host application from an ActiveX DLL, ActiveX control or Property Page." I have my form in modalless style in VB6 and they should be instanced in VC. Does anyone know how to get this to work ? Many Thanks, Xiao http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?kbid=176468 -- Regards, Nish [VC++ MVP] http://www.voidnish.com http://blog.voidnish.com "arbidol" <arbidol@tom...

Temporary Form with 2 Sub form Update Main Form And its Sub form ?
I have 2 table both are exactly same PatientRecordTransTb And PatientRecordTb I know many programmer don’t like TempTb, but in my case I don’t trust some one to mess with my Main record table. So simple solution is make tamp table and after review I click to transfer all records from temp Table to main Table So I have two forms . PatientRecTransFm record sources = PatientRecordTransTb PatientRecordMainFm record source = PatientRecordTb PatientRecTransFm has 2 button AddRecord And Delete Record Here is a short story of my code (NOT A Actual Code) mySQLString = &quo...

Customization to a Contact Form Does NOT Stick
Everytime I try to add a field in a Contact form, the change does not stick. I have administrator rights, followed the instructions to customize a form to the t. The instructions entailed going to: Home -> Settings Settings tab -> System Customization Record Management -> Contacts Add Fields -select fields to add ok - > save work On the CRM server Start -> Programs -> Microsoft CRM -> Deployment Manager Right click: Deployment Manager -> All Tasks ->Publish Customization Select form customized Add Finish OK Restart IIS After performing these steps, I get b...

Calculation in a Text Box
I have a text box on the footer of my form. The control source is as follows: =Sum(Abs([Department]="Vocational")) That text box calculates a number for me. Now what I want to do is take that number and divide it by another number, we'll say 6 and have that show up in a new text box. So what would the control source of the new text box be? I want it to show "=Sum(Abs([Department]="Vocational"))" divided by 6. Is there an easy way to do this? Thanks, CEV You did not say where the new textbox was going to be. Is it also to be in the Footer? If so...

I need book lending forms
Please I need your help, I'm looking for book lending forms in order to keep control of which books I'm borrowing and when they have to be returned to me. Thanks ...

Using list box to open forms
I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this would be appreciated. Thanks. On Wed, 24 Oct 2007 16:35:22 -0000, lecoughlin@gmail.com wrote: > I have a list box that lists all the forms in my database. I would > like a user to be able to double click on something in the list box, > and have it open the corresponding form. Any help on how to do this > would be appreciated. > > Thanks. Code the list box Double-Cli...

from sub form to main form
Hope someone can help on this. I have an a form with a sub form and I’m trying to get some calculated results From my sub to show up in my main form. The Main Form is Job_Sheet_2 The Sub Form is work_hours_sub On the sub I have the following fields that are populated from a query. The criteria for the query comes from a combo box on the main form. JobID EmployeeID StopDate HundredTime The following are field that I added Labor_charge { Fixed Value} Extended { =[Labor_Charge]*[hundredtime} In the footer of my Sub I have the following Text12 ...