Forgotten Excel password

Does anybody know how to unlock an excel doc if I have forgotten the password
i set for excel, 2007 version?

Thanks

"ashsud" <ashsud@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anybody know how to unlock an excel doc if I have forgotten the
> password
> i set for excel, 2007 version?
>
> Thanks

Excel Utilities may be able to help although I haven't used it with Excel
2007.
http://www.appspro.com/Utilities/ExcelUtilities.htm

Victor

Can Excel do this?
Hi, In cell F9 I have this formula: =SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH (M4:M100)=3),E4:E100). What I'm trying to do is when type any number in cell C3 and run a macro or press Enter to change the number "3" in the formula in cell F9 to the number in cell C3. I tried next three ways with no success: First way: Recorded this macro: Range("C3").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = "2" Range("F9").Select ActiveCell.FormulaR1C1 = _ "=SUMPRODUCT(--(MONTH(R[-5]C[7]:R[91]C[7])=2),R[- 5]C[-1]:R[91]C[-1])" End Sub It doesn't work. Second wa...

Excel #57
How do you create a drop down list in excel? anyone. >-----Original Message----- >How do you create a drop down list in excel? anyone. >. >Select the cell you want it to appear in, go to Data, Validation, uder Allow chose list and in Source enter the items you want listed in the drop down menu. Lise There are a couple ways to do this. If you want a quick and dirty method of just choosing from a list of values that are already in the column, you can use a built-in feature called 'Pick from List'. Just right click in a cell and choose Pick from List. Another solut...

MS Outlook 2003
Using Outlook 2003, I have an excel table in an email. Trying to get "Open in Microsoft Excel 11" by right clicking. Not working on current computer. Worked fine on previous computer. How do I activate this feature? This is taken from "A guide to Microsoft office 2003", Open in Microsoft Excel 11 command Starts Excel and opens the spreadsheet data from an e-mail in a workbook. Found in the menu displayed by right-clicking the spreadsheet data in an e-mail. Thanks, Sonya Is MS Excel 2003 installed? cf. http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/...

Opening a .csv file in Excel 2000
I know that I have done this in the past. I am trying to open a .csv file into Excel. I found something once about a converter option or something and then I could open it. I get a "xxx.csv cannot be accessed. The file may be read-only, or you may be trying to access a read-only location..." Anyone have any ideas? Thanks. Martha Olson I've seen posts that describe the same problem with opening .csv files when they reside on a network drive. I've never seen a good answer (well, that I recall). One work around is to copy the .csv file to a local harddrive and open f...

fix old file created with an old version of excel
I have a workbook that I have inherited from a previous employee. I believe that it was created with an old version of Excel, or even with Lotus 123. Basically, I have a few sheets containing what seems to be the code for macros (they in fact appear under the tools>macro>macros menu). Since they do not work, and since I have more or less an idea of what they do, I decided to erase them and create my own macros. If I erase the sheets containing the code, I cannot erase the name of the macros under the macros menu. Neither is possible to erase the names from the macros menu. Can someo...

How come when I try to insert a chart in Excel, nothing happens?
Hi. In Excel 2007, I am unable to insert a chart. I select a range of cells, go to the insert tab, select Column in the charts group and "clustered column" (or any different type of graph such as a line graph), hit click and nothing happens. To test this issue, I tried to download a chart template from Microsoft, but I received an error message instead "Microsoft Office Excel has encountered a problem and needs to close". The error report contents stated the following: AppName: Excel.exe AppVer: 12.0.6524.5003 AppStamp: 464fba46 ModName: oart.dll ModVer: 12...

Template in Excel
I want to create a group sales agreement template in Excel like I can with Word. I know it involves databases and workbooks. I just can't remember how to do this. Please help. I have many agreements to type up. prettytwin1 wrote: > I want to create a group sales agreement template in Excel like I can with > Word. I know it involves databases and workbooks. I just can't remember how > to do this. Please help. I have many agreements to type up. The help files in Office are really pretty good now. gls858 Right from the Excel help file: Create a template Decide w...

Excels Gurues ONLY>..
Hello All. I am write some code to set page breaks in the generated exce sheets... i had written the code. to apply horizontal page breaks. no i just want to ask that can i apply that method. to set the vertica page breaks also. I dont want to use VPageBreak property, it is givin some problems to me ... Please Help . Below is the code that i am writing to set the horizonta page breaks. Worksheets("Sheet1").Rows(25).PageBreak = xlPageBreakManual This example sets a manual page break to the left of column J o Sheet1. Worksheets("Sheet1").Columns("J").PageB...

How to add a macro (.bas) file in Excel?
I am running Excel 2003. I need to import a .bas file as a button so that it can be used on all worksheets/books. I am aware of the visual basic editor and importing a file, but what do I do from there. Thank you in advance. If you want the macro to be available for all workbooks, with Personal.xls open go to the VBE and select Personal.xls and import the *.bas file to that workbook. Or create a new workbook, import the *.bas file then save the new file as an Add-in which can be loaded through Tools>Add-ins. Assign the macro to a button, either on a Toolbar or on a sheet. Gord Dibbe...

Web Download Excel Spreadsheet
I am downloading an excel spreadsheet on the web and would like to know why the initial form is displayed before the spreadsheet is completely downloaded. Is there a way to coordinate the download completion with the initiation of the form. Thanks ...

Mexport transfer from another program to excel opens at excel lau.
I transfered data from another program to an excel workbook, now every time I open excel, this data sheet opens as MEXPORT. How do I get rid of it? Maybe you saved that workbook into your XLStart folder. If you did move it somewhere else. If it's not in there, there's an option that allows you to open all the files in a specific folder. Tools|options|general tab "at startup, open all files in:" <xl2002+ wording> "Alternate Startup File location" <before xl2002 wording> Most people keep that box empty. DanetteS wrote: > > I transfered dat...

Create a macro to create excel line graph with coloured pointers and data lables
Hi guys. Need to leverage some expertise please. For example, if we have the table: Date Project Delivery Date Status Comments 01/02 x 01/05/2009 Green original date 07/02 x 08/05/2009 Amber delay supply 14/02 x 20/05/2009 Red out of money 21/02 x 30/05/2009 Green on track 28/02 x 28/02/2009 Blue delivered-wow So id like the macro to draw the line for project x based on the 'delivery date'. The points should be coloured according to the 'status' column and when you hover the mouse over the point the ...

Entering zeros in Excel
I am creating a simple excel document into which I want to place address values such as Name, Street, Zip Code etc. Ultimately, I will do a Mail Merge with Word to create address labels. The problem: When I type into the field I have for zip codes, if the zip code starts with a zero (eg., 06787), Excel immediately deletes the zero and list the entry as "6787". I have tried to enable "zeros" in Tools/Options/View/Zero Values but can not get the program to allow the entry of "06787". What simple thing am I missing? Highlight the cells you wish to enter ...

Excel two independent lists?
I've created two lists, but when I select a value in one the other opens and viceversa. I'd like to create two independent lists where both stay close showing me only the value I select. Thanks How did you create the lists? You could use data validation to create dropdown lists in two cells, and select a different value in each cell. There are instructions in Excel's Help, and here: http://www.contextures.com/xlDataVal01.html mirkobonet@gmail.com wrote: > I've created two lists, but when I select a value in one the other > opens and viceversa. I'd like to c...

Forgotten password.
I forgot my password to get into an excel file, any ways to get into it? Hi search Google for 'Excel password remover' -- Regards Frank Kabel Frankfurt, Germany "bbartlett" <bbartlett@discussions.microsoft.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:667C634C-48D4-4FC3-B6AA-D546151F3B64@microsoft.com... > I forgot my password to get into an excel file, any ways to get into it? ...

Refreshing data in Excel from SQL
I have imported data from SQL, and I have added some columns to the spreadsheet. When I try to re-fresh the spreadsheet, it does not import any current or new data. ** however when I create a new tab, and import again, the data is current. I need to create the same calculations in different tabs (worksheets)and use filtering by date and by client type, to produce a usage report. .. You may want to try SQL*XL. SQL*XL is an addin that allows full database access from Excel. You can query, insert or update queried data. SQL*XL has a requery button. It requeries all select statements ...

Microsoft Excel Formulas
I have exported financial (budget figures) data into excel for 12 months, changed cells to numbers and added columns to put in actuals. I have manually entered formulas in the total column from each cell (eg =sum(E2+E4+E6..) etc but when I go back and modify data in the individual cells it does not change the total figure. What is wrong?? Thanks -- CW Hi, First thing to make sure is that you calculation mode is set to automatic - choose Tools, Options, Calculation tab and make sure Automatic is on. Second, and not related to your problem, but if you want to sum every other cell yo...

Excel competency test
I need to find an "Excel competency test"...a test that indicates a users competency in using Excel. This will help us make training decisions on who needs what level of Excel training. Thanks! "Excel competency" is a relative term. While I've never seen nor have I taken the Excel tests offered by this company, it might be what you're looking for: http://www.brainbench.com/xml/bb/homepage.xml HTH Jason Atlanta, GA >-----Original Message----- >I need to find an "Excel competency test"...a test that indicates a users >competency in usin...

Saving an excel generated .htm files as an excel file
Hi everyone, I have the following problem. I have a bunch of files that have been saved in the .htm format i Excel. Now, I need to programatically save these files in the nativ excel format. The problem is that it is going to be executed on th server side and I do not know what might be the way to do this. Ca someone suggest a good way to start? Thanks, Sincerely, Xargo -- Message posted from http://www.ExcelForum.com ...

vba for excel
In which directory i can find the VBA for Excel CHM file. It used to be in office12 directory in older version. Im using 2007 version now. Thanks. Allan 2007 _is_ Office 12, but you should ask in an Excel forum. On Dec 19, 4:43=A0am, Allan <Al...@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote: > In which directory i can find the VBA for Excel CHM file. It used to be i= n > office12 directory in older version. Im using 2007 version now. Thanks. > > Allan ...

Statistics on Excel
Hello I want to do some statistical tests on data using Excel. I have the Analysis ToolPak Add-In already. Still, you cannot do non-parametric tests such as... Mann Whitney Test Sign Test Wilcoxon Ranked Sign Test Is there a download for this? Is there a worksheet fucntion for such tests or do I have to do this manaully? Any advice is always welcome. Thanks. I am not aware of a free download, but http://groups.google.com/groups?selm=hgrove.18zt8f%40excelforum-nospam.com shows how to do the Wilcoxon test, and the sign test is just an application of the binomial distribution. Commerc...

Using Excel
where is the tool bar on microsoft excel 2007 I am using a (lopta... Hi kye No toolbars in excel 2007, only a ribbon and a QAT bar (Quick Access toolbar) -- Regards Ron de Bruin http://www.rondebruin.nl/tips.htm "kye" <kye@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:4A9CFD69-CE90-46E6-8876-B41C499F029A@microsoft.com... > where is the tool bar on microsoft excel 2007 I am using a (lopta... The Quick Access bar has a little tiny black down arrow, once clicked takes you to a selection dialog box. Change the view option from Popular to All Commands. All commands...

Excel Relative Reference
On Excel XP, how do you switch back to the normal column/row headings where it would equal A1 rather than the relative which is 1:1? Please let me know how I can fix this. Thanks, Trisha Hi Trisha, You probably refer to the Reference style: Tools>Options>General, uncheck R1C1 Reference Style -- Kind Regards, Niek Otten Microsoft MVP - Excel "Trisha" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:332901c3fd54$8b9dca40$a001280a@phx.gbl... > On Excel XP, how do you switch back to the normal > column/row headings where it would equal A1 rather ...

Excel 2003 to Excel 2007 problem.
I've been happily using Excel 2003 for some years. I've just bought second-hand and set up a computer that has Excel 2007 installed. Wishing to try it out I took over a file prepared using XL 2003, without realising that there are compatibility issues. Now when I open up XL on my 'new' (XL 2007) machine I get Book 1 / blank screen flashing about every 3-5 seconds. Is there any way I can stop this please? I don't have the original Office 2007 disc, so deleting / re-installing isn't an immediate solution. TIA of any replies. -- DB. ...

Creating an Excel table from Access
Hi, I have an Access database which I use to log downtime for systems. I have a requirement to produce a monthly report based on this data, however, this needs to be exported to excel in a specific format. Down the left side of the report need to go the names of the services, with the days (numerically like: 1, 2, 3 .. 29, 30 etc) across the top. Then I need to count the number of times each service was down on a give day, and insert that information into the necessary cell - so if intranet services had been down twice on 16th March, for example, there would be a 2 in column 16, whi...