Forecasting #4

I have some data that I'd like to provide forecasting for, but it's in 2
levels when broken out into a pivot table, example:

DATE - BUSINESS - SALES
12/1/05 - BUSINESS1 - $5000
12/1/05 - BUSINESS2 - $6000
12/2/05 - BUSINESS1 - $3000
12/2/05 - BUSINESS2 - $8000

Unfortunately, my detail data comes to me in much the same form, by date, by
business, all in those 3 columns.  Is there a way that I can still provide
forecasting on this data in this kind of setup?

Try forecasting based on the sum of the businesses.  If you produce linear
forecasts for each business separately, in the end you will have to add them
anyway.
--
Gary's Student

"BlockNinja" wrote:

> I have some data that I'd like to provide forecasting for, but it's in 2
> levels when broken out into a pivot table, example:
>
> DATE - BUSINESS - SALES
> 12/1/05 - BUSINESS1 - $5000
> 12/1/05 - BUSINESS2 - $6000
> 12/2/05 - BUSINESS1 - $3000
> 12/2/05 - BUSINESS2 - $8000
>
> Unfortunately, my detail data comes to me in much the same form, by date, by
> business, all in those 3 columns.  Is there a way that I can still provide
> forecasting on this data in this kind of setup?
0
GarysStudent (1572)
12/12/2005 12:56:02 AM
Sounds like a plan, except that what if the business wants these forecasts
out in detail? (i.e. they want to know the specific forecast of their "Major"
businesses, etc etc)